Become a Patron!

Vaping on the Front or back Porch

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
It sucks not being able to sleep ! I have tendinitis in my ears and use ear buds listening to thunder and rain to fall asleep, it's a PITA. When the high pitch isn't happening, I'm so use to listening to the thunder and rain, I still have to use them to fall asleep.

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !
take care, beat it, and...smile

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
08e3032fdaadbe61dfe8da4bade5af6c.jpg

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !
happy wednesday

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Snowed a couple inches here this mornin, so many idiots out on the road that shouldn't be allowed to drive let alone in the snow

Jimmy when I go out snow plowing there are so many ID-10-T's out on the roads before the plows~! For me it is no problem, it is just avoiding the fools in 2WD's who think they can pass me~! I have dropped the blade many times so they spend the next hour digging themselves out after trying to pass me on the right~!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Jimmy when I go out snow plowing there are so many ID-10-T's out on the roads before the plows~! For me it is no problem, it is just avoiding the fools in 2WD's who think they can pass me~! I have dropped the blade many times so they spend the next hour digging themselves out after trying to pass me on the right~!
Hey that's what I need is a plow, 2 inches of snow and I couldn't believe how many off the road, I mean come on this happens every year here, they act like they have never drove in the snow

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hey that's what I need is a plow, 2 inches of snow and I couldn't believe how many off the road, I mean come on this happens every year here, they act like they have never drove in the snow

I have had these fools going out after 18 inches fell and the plows couldn't keep up on the main roads much less side streets. I don't bother with less than 4 inches.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Good afternoon porch goers
Snowed a couple inches here this mornin, so many idiots out on the road that shouldn't be allowed to drive let alone in the snow
Please no ill response to this, some here might like it

May be an image of text that says 'I pray that 2022 is better for each and every one of us. Amen.''I pray that 2022 is better for each and every one of us. Amen.'
Good afternoon porch goers
Please no ill response to this, some here might like it

May be an image of text that says 'I pray that 2022 is better for each and every one of us. Amen.''I pray that 2022 is better for each and every one of us. Amen.'
all the best for the coming year to everyone who visits the porch.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Will try. Bit blah at the moment. Wife got off early today. All we're doing for fun is looking at television. Dreary here with about a week of rain, fog, mist. Not really much outside to do anyway.

Nothing really local to go do. Had a movie theater but it closed a decade ago. There's a hit or miss roller rink, meaning who knows when they choose being open? Not sure we'd be enjoying that anyway. Bowling alley in Parkersburg, but spend for 40 miles out of the way then spend a left appendage for shoe, lane rental? Nope.

Oh joy of joys, we could go mill around Walmart. Heck we might even go just sit in the Sheetz parking lot. There's nothing cultural around save the Summer time craft fair. Even we go, just oh & ah, really don't afford much.

Got no required permits to fish & nowhere really to go fish we can catch, possibly eat fish. There's a few lakes near and a watershed dam but you really need a fair sized boat to fish those.

We do talk among ourselves. We though like most married folk have come to being comfortable in the quiet, too. There is just really no more fun in life.

All we do is try, work, save what we can, hope toward a our place. If we're not working she may go see friends, or we sleep, look at television. I piddle a bit on the computer but even that gets tiresome. Not really a "gamer" type & too much a fool to read anything I believe. ;)

I'm also remembering a Thanksgiving dinner back in VA. We had it up at my brother, "Jake's". They all come in from being out at some place. It was obvious they had gone for a paintball war session. They were chattering about how fun it was. Suddenly Jake said to hush, no point having me ask to go."We all know he couldn't handle it."

They worried I'd take it too serious, literal, get angry. Real way to show a brother confidence & inclusion, I thought. Still do but also realize they might have been right. I would have spoiled everyone's fun. Ah, and so it goes, ...

*shm* But yeah, I'll try being happy. ...

ETA: Apologies, not intended to bring others down nor seem a self pity party. What I'm reflecting upon is just simply my realism in life.

Stating it factually, it just is what it is. I feel stuck, bound by limitations due to stuff medically and psychologically wrong for myself. Those are some things I might control to a degree, others not. Again, is what is.

There's other limitations from society, environment. I got no real say in those. Is what is. With all the restrictions, lack of fun, ... sometimes it all seems bleak, pointless.

Know I ought to be the beacon of light in the darkness, freezing my fingers off to relight that spark.

I know I have to want joy. I dare not say I want joy like others have joy. No, their joy/s will never be my joy/s. My joy/s will never be theirs either. Not sure what my joy/s are in life really. Not had a chance per say.

Know one joy I got, loving my wife and the critters. Does that help? Yes, deep inside. But it doesn't keep bills paid, doesn't provide. I can protect to a degree. Still I know how easily it might vanish, due to no fault of mine or by me ceasing to love.

Well piss, ... I'll be still. Sorry again.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Smart TV my Ass~! Called the NVR System a PC although it is close it isn't a PC. Had to Rename the Device in the Source Menu. If it was so Friggin Smart why do I have to rename it? The last TV called it an DVR/NVR!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Smart TV my Ass~! Called the NVR System a PC although it is close it isn't a PC. Had to Rename the Device in the Source Menu. If it was so Friggin Smart why do I have to rename it? The last TV called it an DVR/NVR!
“These technologies are going to profoundly affect the way we perceive our humanity,” Anthony Rutkowski, “a de facto global spokesman for all things cyberspace,” told the Washington Post in February 1996. “We all have ideas to share and stories to tell and now we really can.”
The people decrying the Net are using technology as a scapegoat for the fact that we haven’t, as a society, addressed these problems,” John Schwartz said in a November 1996 Washington Post article. “Yes, it’s a shame that there are pedophiles on the Internet. But the real horror is there are pedophiles in the real world and that pedophilia exists at all. ... Let’s face facts. To the extent that there’s a problem out there, it’s our society that’s sick—or at least, it has spawned a number of sick and broken people. The Internet, as the most personal medium ever developed, reflects that. I guess cartoonist Walt Kelly said it best: ‘We have met the enemy, and he is us.’”
The Internet has become the ultimate narrow casting vehicle: everyone from UFO buffs to New York Yankee fans has a Website (or dozen) to call his own—a dot-com in every pot. Technology will only quicken the pace at which news is moving away from the universal and toward the individualized,” Richard Zoglin said in the October 21, 1996 issue of TIME

Also see.

One key point I'm shooting at is how everyone in general case was told the Internet would create an open means of communication. We were told it would level the playing field, told it would draw our world together.

Bah!

These platitudes were only pies in the skies over us. We find ourselves ever more distanced, fearful to communicate, the playing field is the same. The song remains the same. Close the school doors to open prison cells. Fat cat stays fat, gets fatter and spry mice dart off to hidden corners.

And they all wonder, "why do they hate us?" *smh*

Of course, it didn't take technology to expound upon the juxtaposition of "the golden rule is he that has the gold rules". Technology though does cause it to be seen more profoundly, in contrast, clearly.

A story I find interesting regarding technology is one about the safety pin factory. the story about using machines to create these pins tells that a boss thought he would save labor. For example he knew it took say twelve people to finish out each pin. Each person did a role.

The boss set up a machine to take the molten brass into a hopper, from there it traveled to a mold sheet which molded 100 pins in a few moments. All labor required so far was one person to load the hopper.

From the mold the pins needed to be coiled. Well the boss solved this by altering the mold to create the coil in the molding process. Still labor remained at one person. The boss thought things needed to go faster though.

He set up a conveyor belt loaded with mold sheets. He could run 5 sheets on his machine per 15 minute period. This got him up to cranking out 2,000 pins per hour, labor still one person.

It was odd the boss thought, the one person only had to move a nozzle shoot over to the machine's hopper. The one person then stood there with nothing else to do. The boss looked into automating the packaging process.

So one laborer simply stacked boxes on pallets. The boss resolved to have the hopper directly connected to the molten bass nozzle shoot. Now, 2,000 pins per hour could be ran not using twelve laborers but only one. Soon enough though even that one position was made obsolete.

If such can be done to one laborer, it may be to all laborers. After all, why pay extra overhead when automation can reduce that out of cost? There are places now that hire laborers simply to get a tax write off. These positions of work are what I consider charity work. Got no delusion some fat cat needs me or anyone to do the work in such places.

I use the term charity very loosely and sarcastically. The bosses, are getting the charity, not the workers. Behold technology leveling the playing field.

Well, guess I ought to not be such a curmudgeon, ...

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Enjoyed two drinks last night. Each was an 8 oz cup of root beer with a cap full of rum. Still leaving 3/4 of a fifth in the rum bottle, figure that'll last another two years. *chuckles*

Got nowhere near drunk. Might have had a very, very, slight buzz. Felt mildly warmed and relaxed. May have been the weather though.

Wife had on CBS's new Equalizer series. I tried staying up watching it. Dozed off about 9 though. She woke me up about five til midnight. We had our kiss.

Took my sleep pill, back to bed until just a few minutes ago. Morn' everyone, hope the new year does you well.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
*wanders by picks up the empty metal trash can and a stick, starts banging the can*

"Heave to and thrice up, ye lubbers!" I've been up long enough to get more done in ten minutes than you have in all eight hours of your imaginative dreams. Get into those dungarees! Check your boon-dockers for a reflection! What ye standing still to wait on, get to the head! Take a dump and pump water to get clean! Argh! Got to run! If ye aren't on the grinder in two minutes, you are Wrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroonnnnnnnng!" "Carry on!"

*seems to wander on, pauses mid-step, cocks head to one side to listen*

"What is that? Did I hear an aye sir, or an argh?" "You better not tell me aye sir, have you keel hauled for two days! It's bloody Argh for us in working blues!"

*sees someone get confused, stop in front of others, sees the impending pile up*

"DROP! All o' ye gonna cycle now!" "Ye walk about in an orderly, timely manner. If not you are Wrrrrrrrrrroonnnnnng and in my Navy we're not that. Gimme the number of states."

*watches as the pushups begin, waits just a bit and then turns and heads out silently*

(This test message brought to you by Sporks & Silly Putty. Had this been an actual emergency this message would have been no test, rather a dud.)

Last edited:

VU Sponsors