Become a Patron!

Vaping on the Front or back Porch

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
At my GF's Office they have a Professional Cleaning Company that comes in to Sanitize the whole office on a Regular basis although many are working from home. Still need professionals because one sick person can contaminate the whole place.

We got sent confusion about that. The bosses told us the teachers would either wipe down desks, or get students to do it. We get told we need to do it by the teachers. Someone asked one of the principle's, they bucked it to us relying on what the Super's (bosses) said.

We got those spray guns if we can get a chance between classes to use them. At the same time we got mixed messages on those as well. Bosses say if we can, do, if not don't worry too much about it. From what we last understood the bosses were to "crack" on the teachers to get more into cleaning.

We still do our routine stuff. It's just that if the places set empty without any use, there's no need to clean beyond touch ups. And the county will try to get one person to do a whole building if they can. I'm proof of that. The other custodians were mad I was doing full schools during a half shift.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
We still do our routine stuff. It's just that if the places set empty without any use, there's no need to clean beyond touch ups. And the county will try to get one person to do a whole building if they can. I'm proof of that. The other custodians were mad I was doing full schools during a half shift.

@SteveS45, Been told research has concluded this pandemic isn't spread by contact, meaning off surfaces. Even it were the life it has on surfaces is 48-72 hours tops.

We have times here due to weather, or due to kids transferring in with the pandemic and not masking, that sections or whole school buildings set empty 2-3 days at a time. When the teachers do remote learning they restrict themselves to one or two classrooms. They clean up after themselves as they don't got kid messes.

Me doing whole schools in a half shift, didn't see lacking in quality. Just that our schools though seeming big, are indeed quite small. I also go on auto-pilot, go through a combination routine. Meaning while getting trash out of classes I get out of bathrooms too, offices, then on to sweeping out classes down halls. I then do the mopping, running buffers, "green machines". After that I take out the trash as the last thing if I can, else I have to leave sweepings in the trash for the next shift.

Point being I move, i get my stuff done and done well. Then, I go loiter by earning that important SOMA pay. *chuckles*

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Friday-GIF2.gif

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@SteveS45, Been told research has concluded this pandemic isn't spread by contact, meaning off surfaces. Even it were the life it has on surfaces is 48-72 hours tops.

We have times here due to weather, or due to kids transferring in with the pandemic and not masking, that sections or whole school buildings set empty 2-3 days at a time. When the teachers do remote learning they restrict themselves to one or two classrooms. They clean up after themselves as they don't got kid messes.

Me doing whole schools in a half shift, didn't see lacking in quality. Just that our schools though seeming big, are indeed quite small. I also go on auto-pilot, go through a combination routine. Meaning while getting trash out of classes I get out of bathrooms too, offices, then on to sweeping out classes down halls. I then do the mopping, running buffers, "green machines". After that I take out the trash as the last thing if I can, else I have to leave sweepings in the trash for the next shift.

Point being I move, i get my stuff done and done well. Then, I go loiter by earning that important SOMA pay. *chuckles*
Here's how it's spread
FOOD FOR THOUGHT
mail

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Here I Go Again

We used to get "cycled" to this in boot. The jerk C.O. wound up trying to ruin a lot of metal classics for us. We once had to do burpees to Iron Man, played on repeat. Yep, our burpees had the push ups and jumps but out jumps were jumping jacks. We did them about four hours. *smh* There was discussion of mutiny.

Of course, our other C.O. the "bud" wouldn't let us do that. Not that he reported it, or was firmly disciplining us. He heard us out and told us about "his" Navy. It wasn't the same Navy as the jerk's Navy. And he asked us to not mutiny out of honor for him and "his" Navy. He was a damn bubble headed sub marine aaarrrrrrrgh.

It pissed him off when he saw the "cover" for my orders after boot. He knew I would be processed out & he tried pulling all the strings he could to keep me. He didn't see my full orders as they came marked eyes only. The cover though was enough that he knew I was in "his" wolf pack. He's the one I put on the deck for not identifying himself. He also accidentally ran into me one day when we had a base leave. He took being bounced off well. *chuckles*

Awesome memories as well as some grumblings now thirty years after. Why the fuck did I run 10 miles with 275 pounds on my back? Gah! Young and gung ho, yee ha. *chuckling* I was also quick taking down and rebuilding a 60 cal heli-mount "sweeper". They tried to get me doing it blindfolded but I refused. "Mack" knew I could have but he knew why I didn't. "Mack" in this case the "bud" C.O..

And my enjoying metal didn't change. If anything it got me being appreciative of the Blues that metal was born out of. Morning everyone.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You may not hear much more from me today. We are hosting a Murder Mystery Dinner tonight. It’s called Murder at the Pizzeria. My character is a Monk named Francisco Benedicto. There’s all kinds of preparations to get done (including my costume), getting food prepared, the event, and clean up afterwards.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
A blast from the past, remember this

May be an image of text that says 'Come and Get em! ရoeuodsw SHEDUNSWEC still only 159 McDonald's America's Favorite HAMBURGER McDONALD'S ALL AMERICAN Come McDonald and Hamburger they' America's only y156 .Com cheerful, courteous bring hearty plenty tipping plus the town. a pieasure every family can afford! 100 creamy, delicious enjoy American fun, food, fresh HAMBURGER SHAKE FRENCH FRIES McDONALD'S ALL AMERICAN MEAL ONLY FOR FAMILY OF FIVE $2.25 thrifty prices Mc Donald's the drive-in with the arches 2540 Hubbell Ave. for only extra 4814 9th''Come and Get em! ရoeuodsw SHEDUNSWEC still only 159 McDonald's America's Favorite HAMBURGER McDONALD'S ALL AMERICAN Come McDonald and Hamburger they' America's only y156 .Com cheerful, courteous bring hearty plenty tipping plus the town. a pieasure every family can afford! 100 creamy, delicious enjoy American fun, food, fresh HAMBURGER SHAKE FRENCH FRIES McDONALD'S ALL AMERICAN MEAL ONLY FOR FAMILY OF FIVE $2.25 thrifty prices Mc Donald's the drive-in with the arches 2540 Hubbell Ave. for only extra 4814 9th'

Come across this today and brought back memories

Not McDonalds, but very nearly on the subject: My stepdad managed a Hardee's location in 1962/3, and we ate a boatload of Hardee's hamburgers when they were 15 cents. When he started his job with them, we still lived in my home town, but then he was transferred to Charlotte, and the business at Hardee's took off like a rocket. He worked a LOT.

They used to have tokens that they would slip to kids sometimes; as a matter of fact, one of the morning kids' shows on TV gave them out to the kids in their audience, and he brought a bag of those things home. My mother eventually said if she never ate another Hardee's hamburger in her life, that would be ok with her. It was a lot of fun to me, though. I remember going to the Charlotte Christmas parade, the route of which went right in front of his Hardee's location, and he was out there handing out tokens to the kids. You'd have thought he was giving out $50 bills.

Michael Landon (remember him, from Bonanza?) was in that parade, riding his Palomino pony/horse (whichever is right, I don't know). I thought he was the most handsome man I'd ever seen. I think I was about eight years old at the time. It was fun being a kid then.

That was the same place we lived when John Kennedy was assassinated, and when the Beatles were on Ed Sullivan for the first time.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My stepdad managed a Hardee's location in 1962/3, and we ate a boatload of Hardee's hamburgers when they were 15 cents. When he started his job with them, we still lived in my home town, but then he was transferred to Charlotte, and the business at Hardee's took off like a rocket. He worked a LOT.

I too once worked for Bodie Noel a.k.a Hardee's. This was back in the mid to late 80's to 90's. They had a policy that needed implemented by the year 2000. It had to do with keeping the restaurants clean.

Read about this policy in the manager's handbook/workbook binder. Started working on it and had it met in three months, a whole five to eight years ahead. My manger got flack from her boss, the corporate district manager. It pissed him off I kept my restaurant cleaner and running better than his other nine.

The outside lot was kept clean. No cigarette butts were allowed on the lot, for long. Trash outside got took twice each shift just like trash inside. Bathrooms were checked every three hours, cleaned, stocked as needed. Our customers saw the clean lot, clean restrooms, dining area and even helped keep it clean.

My kitchen had a light "working" restaurant "grime" if you will. It was still clean though and when there was down time, cleaning picked up, and cleaned at shift close out.

I also worked as cook, doing anything required cooking wise. I made salads, did up and dropped fried chicken, ran the burger grill, kept fries up, roast beef, biscuits.

Even kept a "rolling" inventory. That's where you gauge and estimate. Say you get 40 cases of fries each week, you go through 35 cases one week, 38 the next, 25, 40. You average this out for each food item, set your inventory order accordingly to time of year, what you've been doing and so on. And yes, I unloaded and put away the trucks too.

Using a rolling inventory I could estimate an order of 35 cases of fries minimum was required each week. This come into play once when a daily manager ordered only five cases of fries "because that's all that's been used". Told her I needed a minimum of 25 cases ordered, knew we'd go through the remaining 15 cases on hand that day. I had to call a produce company outside corporate to fill a void. My head manager wound up letting that day manager go. Rolling inventory lets you keep adequate stock consistently. It works and is rock solid.

The above are example numbers, using only french fries as the example. Rolling inventory is used in most restaurants, most businesses in fact to keep stock where it's needed. Yes there's guess work involved. There's also experience involved. From experience you learn how quick items get depleted, how quick orders come in. You can then start refining your estimates accordingly. I was damn good using rolling inventory. It became muscle memory for me. *chuckles*

For being as capable as I was, never once had desire to become a manager or shift lead. I saw how those got treated. I was the invisible manager though. A manager of a restaurant could have me in the galley/kitchen and know everything was fine. I did not deal with up front customer service, but would often run "specials".

"For the next three hours only, $5 meal deal. Included, a sammy, a drink, medium fries. Roll it!" The people up front would "sug sale" (suggestively sale) that special. I'd roll $1,000 hours easily. It got customers a "break" and showed "appreciation", while also acting as a "loss lead" for "marketing" purposes. I knew if our "specials" got talked about, we got more business to make up in volume.

Yes, I understood "in business to stay in business". Yes, I also treated customers right. I would also look out for folks who were down on luck. "Go around back." A care bag of food would be put out the back for someone at no cost. It was not letting food waste as well as community outreach. And lots of times it was fresh prepped food, nothing to get anyone sick, "will I let my family eat it?"

Finally left one Friday morning. My manager promised I would gradually and slowly be brought up to being head/morning cook. She said I would not get blitzed.

Well, that Friday I was down three or four other crew members. I had gone in at four in the morn to get daily prepped and set up. Then, started doing the roll out which meant daily stock was used up and I needed to redo, reset. It was too quick, blitz it was.

The manger came in and asked me if I had a problem after shouting at me to read my "ticket/order box". I was but I was also trying to keep apace and needing to do the work of six. My apron come off, "No mam, I have no problem." Handed her the apron and left after clocking out.

Went back the next week to turn everything back in and get final paycheck. She asked why I had left. Explained she had lied about how I was brought into the spot. She sighed and said not intentionally & I ought to have been aware, "it's the restaurant business, Ben."

Maybe so but don't lie to me & then shout at me to do my job that I am doing. Then, the gall to ask if I had a problem. *smh* Nope, not me.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Morning, my loverly weather. Dreading having to go out and up to the barn to feed not our cats. Yep, plural now. Seems Maow has taken in a buddy, a Maine **** tabby cat. It doesn't attack Chik the chicken either.

(c-o-o-n) I'm not using derogatory, it is an actual breed of feline. *gives server's hard coding a finger*

Gave them a rule of no fighting. So far they're not. They both hunker under the barn in a dirt dug out, den. Think they take Chick in with them. The tabby cat is still a bit feral. I can only walk up so close before he darts off.

Figure Maow will show him it's okay around me. Poor Maow, weather as it is he's fighting sinuses, got the post nasal drip going. Love to find something to help him aside from bringing him indoors. As it stands we're not allowed cats inside.

*ahem* Allegedly it is trouble for her brother in law's asthma, funny how cigarettes that choke him awake at night aren't. *smh* Anyhoo, ... hope everyone has a good 'un and runs 'er slow.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You may not hear much more from me today. We are hosting a Murder Mystery Dinner tonight. It’s called Murder at the Pizzeria. My character is a Monk named Francisco Benedicto. There’s all kinds of preparations to get done (including my costume), getting food prepared, the event, and clean up afterwards.
That's so cool ! Always wanted to be part of a Murder Mystery Dinner.
How did it go? Hope you had fun !

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Finally did some builds (two RTAs and a RDA) Was a bit frustrating (out of practice) Got them all done, primed the wicks with unflavored but waiting to fill and test them (I will post details on another forum)
When it rains, it pours (seems almost all of my batteries are low at the same time... happens often) It's all good... had an extra (charged 18650) so at least I can vape for the rest of the evening. Got a lot done this week-end (usually help my son but he also just wanted to "chill"... he works very hard and didn't want to deal with projects this week-end) Weather is still super nice.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Good morning! It’s Monday so it’s the start of another week of working and dealing with the normal insanity.

We have abnormal insanity here.

Some fool in a pickup truck, doing 360s on the ice out front, took out the CenturyLink switch box that provides my neighborhood with internet and telephone service. We've had nothing, including TV, since Saturday morning. Right now I'm hooked up to a hot-spotty via hubbs' cell phone. We've used up the 4G and are now navigating on 2G, and I'm trying to work because there's some kind of damn emergency that HAS to be fixed before Wednesday. Of course there is. Perfect timing.

I'm giving up until after 1 pm. Going to have some lunch and read a downloaded Kindle book on my cell. Technology is wonderful when it works, and mind-bending when it doesn't. I need a Klonopin.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
We have abnormal insanity here.

Some fool in a pickup truck, doing 360s on the ice out front, took out the CenturyLink switch box that provides my neighborhood with internet and telephone service. We've had nothing, including TV, since Saturday morning. Right now I'm hooked up to a hot-spotty via hubbs' cell phone. We've used up the 4G and are now navigating on 2G, and I'm trying to work because there's some kind of damn emergency that HAS to be fixed before Wednesday. Of course there is. Perfect timing.

I'm giving up until after 1 pm. Going to have some lunch and read a downloaded Kindle book on my cell. Technology is wonderful when it works, and mind-bending when it doesn't. I need a Klonopin.
you need a hug :hug:there you are.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey anyone here that wants a little help with their garden this year shout out, I don't know a lot but I'll be glad to help all that I can. I don't do too badly at growin. Just wanted to through that out there for anyone interested. From what I have been hearin if one can put in a garden it would be a wise thing to do. ;)

VU Sponsors