Become a Patron!

Vaping on the Front or back Porch

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Hey anyone here that wants a little help with their garden this year shout out, I don't know a lot but I'll be glad to help all that I can. I don't do too badly at growin. Just wanted to through that out there for anyone interested. From what I have been hearin if one can put in a garden it would be a wise thing to do. ;)
for many years i got sick of trying to keep slugs and snails of my lettuce. i tried the lot, sawdust...does not work the water bonds it together, beer traps,,yes but if it rains they dilute too much, chemicals...not if you have pets. then an old guy fixed it, he said..put a square of blackberry stems around your lettuce, they rip pests to bits, they dont bond they are not affected by water and pets wont go near them.. it works.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That stuff really makes a garden do good, I have a 4 ft' x 8 ft. heap goin, maybe that's why mine is puttin of heat so well.

I have actually never checked the temperature but the compost in the roller gets done really fast. Sometimes I take some of it out and add it to the barrels to finish off.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
*seems to fade in from the mists & fog, ambles slowly & silently to the porch edge, mystically a steaming mug of Joe appears beside him, he lets a real quiet "ssssqqqqquuuuooonk pfffsh ckk" noise escape from his hand as he pulls his Furyan out to vape .... sits silently vaping, nursing coffee, seems in a leaning rest, watching as the world wakes ... sighs pondering all and nothing ... smiles as the sun begins to rise, ... sits legs drapped off the edge, watching, smiling, lost in thought ...*

*time passes, it's realized he's sitting there asleep with eyes wide open, every now and then he alternates sipping coffee or drawing vape ... every so often, after 8 or 10 vape draws he quietly squonks ... still sets smiling with eyes wide open yet is asleep*

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
tuesday-coffee.gif

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
*nods, now actually awake, chuckles softly* Think I am anyway. *grins* Need to go into town directly. Go see the vampires for a full panel blood draw. Then, get a shot. Could feasibly be taught to give my own shots in a thigh, but still a verifiable source to do it. What I take is a controlled substance, ergo monitored "real close".

*scoffs* Sure it is. Got double dosed twice in as many months. Nothing really said of it aside from accusing me of selling my "dope". Found out three months later the one nurse did get caught. The other lady simply made a mistake & she noted it. Did I hear an apology for the accusation? Nope.

People ought to realize how good of a person I am. I let folks call me a liar to my face and don't go ballistic on them. Have every right to do that as well. After all, they're impugning my "good name". Pisses me off all the more they don't apologize. Still, I don't say anything. They know from my eyes, my tone gets clear with them. They feel, see, hear the "wall" drop.

"Hear ye knockin', ye ain't gonna come in agin. I am done wit you aside from civil interaction."

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
*nods, now actually awake, chuckles softly* Think I am anyway. *grins* Need to go into town directly. Go see the vampires for a full panel blood draw. Then, get a shot. Could feasibly be taught to give my own shots in a thigh, but still a verifiable source to do it. What I take is a controlled substance, ergo monitored "real close".

*scoffs* Sure it is. Got double dosed twice in as many months. Nothing really said of it aside from accusing me of selling my "dope". Found out three months later the one nurse did get caught. The other lady simply made a mistake & she noted it. Did I hear an apology for the accusation? Nope.

People ought to realize how good of a person I am. I let folks call me a liar to my face and don't go ballistic on them. Have every right to do that as well. After all, they're impugning my "good name". Pisses me off all the more they don't apologize. Still, I don't say anything. They know from my eyes, my tone gets clear with them. They feel, see, hear the "wall" drop.

"Hear ye knockin', ye ain't gonna come in agin. I am done wit you aside from civil interaction."

Sounds like me. I'll put up with a lot of shit from people, but when I hit that wall, I'm done forever. Doesn't happen often, but it has happened, about a half dozen times iirc in my whole life. After that, you (not you personally, rather, the collective you) better hope you never need another damn thing from me, cause it ain't happening.

Only once that I can recall was I able to pull myself back from that, and it was with my half-sister. It took years, but she changed her life and her outlook on things, and now I can honestly say that I'm really proud of the way she rallied. She had a tough life for a while there, and I shoved her right into it myself, but it was one of those "tough love" situations and I don't regret it at all. I don't think she does either.

Then there are a couple of other people that I would ride by and not stop if they were broken down on the side of the road. To hell with 'em, sonsabitches. Just ask me, do I feel bad? Hell no. Civil interaction? Hell no to that, too, unless it's in my own best interest. Otherwise, I can look right through (the collective) you.

Well, that was cheerful, wasn't it? Ha! We are what we are.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Sounds like me. I'll put up with a lot of shit from people, but when I hit that wall, I'm done forever. Doesn't happen often, but it has happened, about a half dozen times iirc in my whole life. After that, you (not you personally, rather, the collective you) better hope you never need another damn thing from me, cause it ain't happening.

Only once that I can recall was I able to pull myself back from that, and it was with my half-sister. It took years, but she changed her life and her outlook on things, and now I can honestly say that I'm really proud of the way she rallied. She had a tough life for a while there, and I shoved her right into it myself, but it was one of those "tough love" situations and I don't regret it at all. I don't think she does either.

Then there are a couple of other people that I would ride by and not stop if they were broken down on the side of the road. To hell with 'em, sonsabitches. Just ask me, do I feel bad? Hell no. Civil interaction? Hell no to that, too, unless it's in my own best interest. Otherwise, I can look right through (the collective) you.

Well, that was cheerful, wasn't it? Ha! We are what we are.
geordie sits here cowering under the table hoping the mighty nadal does not eat him

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
geordie sits here cowering under the table hoping the mighty nadal does not eat him

You'd have to be a lot bigger ass than you seem to be, @geordie. It takes A LOT to get me to that point.

I'm really not a mean person, but I won't be trod upon forever.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
You'd have to be a lot bigger ass than you seem to be, @geordie. It takes A LOT to get me to that point.

I'm really not a mean person, but I won't be trod upon forever.
i give in i promise to be good,,,mmm..i know..here is some soap!!! (a private joke people)

9(

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Do it twice to get it right they say on Fab Rats~!

Changed the Kitchen Faucet yesterday and bought a Moen thinking they are good. Well I should have listened to the owner of the Plumbing Supply who told me they are shit made in China now. The one I went for I decided against and bought the Chrome one which had such low pressure and felt like crap so I went and picked up a different one from Delta like what I had. Now back to Home Dipshits to return it~!

1643126008629.png

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Do it twice to get it right they say on Fab Rats~!

Changed the Kitchen Faucet yesterday and bought a Moen thinking they are good. Well I should have listened to the owner of the Plumbing Supply who told me they are shit made in China now. The one I went for I decided against and bought the Chrome one which had such low pressure and felt like crap so I went and picked up a different one from Delta like what I had. Now back to Home Dipshits to return it~!

View attachment 190055

Well… Moen use to be good. Sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Get ready for a Nor'Easter this weekend @SteveS45 and anyone who lives near I-95. Could be nasty or it could be a dud.

Thanks for the Warning @gopher_byrd but already going to put the plow mount on the truck this week. I have New Headlights and a bunch of other parts if I have problems or get energetic~! The lights are going on for sure.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Get ready for a Nor'Easter this weekend @SteveS45 and anyone who lives near I-95. Could be nasty or it could be a dud.
.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Wednesday through Monday.

Snow possible with light accumulations Friday into Saturday.

* looks for about 4-6 inches after reading "light accumulations" *

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
*tries coming down the stairs silently, settles foot unto "creaky" spot on a step, sighs hearing someone stir ... pauses to let them go back to sleep ... continues on down afterward, fixes a cup of coffee and goes to sit on the porch with coffee and a vape, chuckles at self quietly for having know of the "creak" yet still not missing it ... sits watching the world wake, enjoys his vape and coffee ... stays awake this morning, eyes seeming lost to a thousand yard stare, ... sitting listening, feeling, sensing ... *

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
*tries coming down the stairs silently, settles foot unto "creaky" spot on a step, sighs hearing someone stir ... pauses to let them go back to sleep ... continues on down afterward, fixes a cup of coffee and goes to sit on the porch with coffee and a vape, chuckles at self quietly for having know of the "creak" yet still not missing it ... sits watching the world wake, enjoys his vape and coffee ... stays awake this morning, eyes seeming lost to a thousand yard stare, ... sitting listening, feeling, sensing ... *
lovely, but if you were in australia you better look for the spider first.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
We got a type of these in WV, called wood widows. Wolf spiders are more common though. Still wood widows do happen along at times.
i was once driving through sydney where i was taking part in an exhibition on my products. in the car were two americans from a large company. i was the australian agent for them. i looked in my rear view mirror and saw a huge spider, i said to the yank in the back that there was a spider outside on the bagk window, he turned and smiled saying i will chase him away, as he swiped the spider in fell onto the seat beside him. i tell you what, he really downed a beer that day.
i represented this usa company for a long long time, they are huge in the states.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
i was once driving through sydney where i was taking part in an exhibition on my products. in the car were two americans from a large company. i was the australian agent for them. i looked in my rear view mirror and saw a huge spider, i said to the yank in the back that there was a spider outside on the bagk window, he turned and smiled saying i will chase him away, as he swiped the spider in fell onto the seat beside him. i tell you what, he really downed a beer that day.
i represented this usa company for a long long time, they are huge in the states.

It's a wonder dude didn't pee his pants. lol

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Good afternoon Porch goers
Hope everyone is stayin warm and havin a great day
Could you all please do me a favor and

May be an image of text that says 'Please, Pray for the Homeless in this cold weather. Amen m''Please, Pray for the Homeless in this cold weather. Amen m'

Thank You!!!!!

And please to those who don't believe just bear with me, it's a very good cause
the homeless are humans too. even some chemheads have had something happen to make them like that. no i cannot pray for them, but i help them when i come accross them. there are so many people who could join them, we say we are struggling as we look at our 2 cars 3 computers and our full fridges. will never happen to me i hear. hmm imagine what a divorce would do to your living style! dont just drop them a buck. look in their eyes and hand it to them.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
the homeless are humans too. even some chemheads have had something happen to make them like that. no i cannot pray for them, but i help them when i come accross them. there are so many people who could join them, we say we are struggling as we look at our 2 cars 3 computers and our full fridges. will never happen to me i hear. hmm imagine what a divorce would do to your living style! dont just drop them a buck. look in their eyes and hand it to them.
Cold is cold, I am still praying for them. :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
the homeless are humans too. even some chemheads have had something happen to make them like that.

Can agree, many down trodden face things which break them. We may fuss and bluster there's always a choice. Sometimes folks don't make better choices for needing to simply survive. Other times any better choices are withheld from folks due to circumstance, situation, economy, any number of rationale.

there are so many people who could join them, we say we are struggling as we look at our 2 cars 3 computers and our full fridges. will never happen to me i hear.

My wife has our 1 vehicle, a Jeep Patriot. We have only ever had 1 vehicle. Yes, I think it would be nice if we could manage a "spare". Still though we can only use 1 vehicle at a time. We've not really considered a second vehicle beyond, "well, it would add more expense." That usually ends the consideration for us, extra expense we cannot really afford.

We don't own a refrigerator. Wife does have a stand up freezer though. Unfortunately it is 80-90% packed full of stuff from her sister & BIL. The fridge they have is full of wasted crap. Me & wife have very little if anything in it.

Me and wife are practical folks. We're the sort what don't buy excess to the point of excess. Yes, some things we like keeping a small stock on, but these are usually staples. We both had grandparents that come up through the Depression. We're not like your common hipsters.

Me & her come from an old world. If we're struggling we sturggle like everyone else struggles. We don't beg, steal or exactly ask for hand outs. Yes, we've used state funded help. We pay into that like everyone else, that's why it's there. We got help and now are doing better, no longer do we get help. Someone else can use the help we had.

Apologies but we're damn proud folks. We earn what we get and get what we earn. Rough is it to let someone judge without them knowing a whit. Now you know and still you cannot judge because you don't know all. I don't judge, or make very stringent efforts to not do so. That isn't for me to do.

Might be Agnostic/Atheist but still don't feel morally or ethically correct to judge others. How can someone do that? That is the exact reason we've hunger in the world. "Oh, they're poor, let them starve for they're not worth feeding." And that is the current political / social will. We'll not change a thing until that changes.

dont just drop them a buck. look in their eyes and hand it to them.

i used to set with an old drunk *. Excuse that word for it isn't the other "N word", that word is used for people who do prove themselves trash. A white person can be that. My old drunk would come into a restaurant I worked at, have a coffee, maybe sometimes I'd talk him into a buffet hot plate.

He would tell me about being a hobo during the great migration. That was when * from the South went up North to Chicago and to the West. They were looking for better lives in places that would not support better lives. The same pie in the sky lived there just like it did in the South.

After a bit I got him "helping" me out. He did light stuff. I never wanted him handling too much. He was beaten down from life as well as his drinking. I would pay him a bit here and there. It wasn't charity, it was having someone offer a bit of help for a few dollars. I looked him in the eye all the time.

I had no disrespect for him, no judging. He was someone that had seen life's roughness. He drank to help cut away pain, sadness, memory. Yes, he knew it was killing him. Yes, he disliked needing the drink. Yes, he did try going sober. I saw him sober for three months. Finally, told him to go get a bottle.

Some can manage, others cannot. There was no shame in his drinking. Yes, he felt shame. But none was there for what he'd lived through. It killed him the more so to stay sober and we all there saw that. The drinking was his mercy.

Moved away from that area. Heard a few years back they had found him in his state rented apartment. Nobody doubted what had happened. He drank himself to sleep and didn't wake despite the heart attack. There was a note, "tell my boy it's okay." Nobody really understood that except an old gal. She told me he said it was okay. I give her a small handsome sum of money to donate to their church in his name.

I've also looked in the eyes of the wealthy, in the leaders, in the average. Can walk with kings or commons the same. I live as death sets for an example, there's no bigotry, no prejudice. Can I walk in "Any Man's" shoes? I think I can and do so to the best I can.

Sorry if this has been long. Sorry too if it seems convoluted and obscure. Sometimes we got things need said and so say them.

* Edited by moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Can agree, many down trodden face things which break them. We may fuss and bluster there's always a choice. Sometimes folks don't make better choices for needing to simply survive. Other times any better choices are withheld from folks due to circumstance, situation, economy, any number of rationale.

My wife has our 1 vehicle, a Jeep Patriot. We have only ever had 1 vehicle. Yes, I think it would be nice if we could manage a "spare". Still though we can only use 1 vehicle at a time. We've not really considered a second vehicle beyond, "well, it would add more expense." That usually ends the consideration for us, extra expense we cannot really afford.

We don't own a refrigerator. Wife does have a stand up freezer though. Unfortunately it is 80-90% packed full of stuff from her sister & BIL. The fridge they have is full of wasted crap. Me & wife have very little if anything in it.

Me and wife are practical folks. We're the sort what don't buy excess to the point of excess. Yes, some things we like keeping a small stock on, but these are usually staples. We both had grandparents that come up through the Depression. We're not like your common hipsters.

Me & her come from an old world. If we're struggling we sturggle like everyone else struggles. We don't beg, steal or exactly ask for hand outs. Yes, we've used state funded help. We pay into that like everyone else, that's why it's there. We got help and now are doing better, no longer do we get help. Someone else can use the help we had.

Apologies but we're damn proud folks. We earn what we get and get what we earn. Rough is it to let someone judge without them knowing a whit. Now you know and still you cannot judge because you don't know all. I don't judge, or make very stringent efforts to not do so. That isn't for me to do.

Might be Agnostic/Atheist but still don't feel morally or ethically correct to judge others. How can someone do that? That is the exact reason we've hunger in the world. "Oh, they're poor, let them starve for they're not worth feeding." And that is the current political / social will. We'll not change a thing until that changes.

i used to set with an old drunk nigga. Excuse that word for it isn't the other "N word", that word is used for people who do prove themselves trash. A white person can be that. My old drunk would come into a restaurant I worked at, have a coffee, maybe sometimes I'd talk him into a buffet hot plate.

He would tell me about being a hobo during the great migration. That was when niggas from the South went up North to Chicago and to the West. They were looking for better lives in places that would not support better lives. The same pie in the sky lived there just like it did in the South.

After a bit I got him "helping" me out. He did light stuff. I never wanted him handling too much. He was beaten down from life as well as his drinking. I would pay him a bit here and there. It wasn't charity, it was having someone offer a bit of help for a few dollars. I looked him in the eye all the time.

I had no disrespect for him, no judging. He was someone that had seen life's roughness. He drank to help cut away pain, sadness, memory. Yes, he knew it was killing him. Yes, he disliked needing the drink. Yes, he did try going sober. I saw him sober for three months. Finally, told him to go get a bottle.

Some can manage, others cannot. There was no shame in his drinking. Yes, he felt shame. But none was there for what he'd lived through. It killed him the more so to stay sober and we all there saw that. The drinking was his mercy.

Moved away from that area. Heard a few years back they had found him in his state rented apartment. Nobody doubted what had happened. He drank himself to sleep and didn't wake despite the heart attack. There was a note, "tell my boy it's okay." Nobody really understood that except an old gal. She told me he said it was okay. I give her a small handsome sum of money to donate to their church in his name.

I've also looked in the eyes of the wealthy, in the leaders, in the average. Can walk with kings or commons the same. I live as death sets for an example, there's no bigotry, no prejudice. Can I walk in "Any Man's" shoes? I think I can and do so to the best I can.

Sorry if this has been long. Sorry too if it seems convoluted and obscure. Sometimes we got things need said and so say them.

I was raised very much as you described. If you were to read the Bible you would find that the followers of The Way are instructed by Jesus to be as you described (not judgmental, kind, compassionate, not living in excess of worldly things, etc.). We (wife and I) do not hoard or store up excessively either. We do have the luxury of two vehicles but that was due to both of us working at the same time a bit of distance apart without other means for one of us getting to work easily without and additional vehicle.

My parents grew up in the hills of Kentucky during the time of the Great Depression. Their families were not well off to begin with and they were shaped by their situation. Subsequently, I was shaped greatly by my upbringing. My family lived in a fairly small house (two bedroom and one bath that was about 700 square feet in size). We all got to share the use of one car until I was about 17, that’s when Mom got a car and I had worked/saved to purchase my own car and paid my own way for gas, insurance, dates, eating out, education, etc.

Vacations were a rare luxury. I can only remember three during the entire time I was living with my parents. One was a long weekend camping trip with my Aunt and Uncle and their camper. One was to Myrtle Beach where we stayed three blocks away from the beach due to the cost of staying closer to the beach. The last one was to California to visit family, which was the “biggest” vacation.

Well, I’m going on a bit myself now. LOL

VU Sponsors