Become a Patron!

Vaping on the Front or back Porch

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, we had a discussion about it. She made the argument for us moving to Parkersburg. Neither of us particularly want to live in a city. Unfortunately, it seems the only feasible thing.

Living in a city would let me use public transit, cabs if needed. I could then possibly get into learning a trade, going for work in one having transportation without driving. From point point a to point b, it works out.

She sees the work orders for these tradesmen. None of the specifically require a driving license she says. It's a matter of getting to the work, going home.

Right now trades are basically on a hiatus. Winter comes and it seems few of them can work due to the weather. Meanwhile they've socked back nine months of wages to carry over the three months off.

Guess that's what we got in mind now. So yeah, ...

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Well, we had a discussion about it. She made the argument for us moving to Parkersburg. Neither of us particularly want to live in a city. Unfortunately, it seems the only feasible thing.

Living in a city would let me use public transit, cabs if needed. I could then possibly get into learning a trade, going for work in one having transportation without driving. From point point a to point b, it works out.

She sees the work orders for these tradesmen. None of the specifically require a driving license she says. It's a matter of getting to the work, going home.

Right now trades are basically on a hiatus. Winter comes and it seems few of them can work due to the weather. Meanwhile they've socked back nine months of wages to carry over the three months off.

Guess that's what we got in mind now. So yeah, ...
best of luck buddy

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Except it doesn't and here's why. Doing trades work a person may need to get into constricted areas. My reasoning for looking at trades work is it's something I can train to do, earn while training & earn more once trained. Average wages run from 30 to 50K annually. Yes, good pay.

Still a bit unsure given the possibility of constrained spaces. *smh* I don't know. Have done a fair bit for home & farm stuff related to most if not all trades. That doesn't exactly mean I'd fit to do it professionally. Need to do something though, I'm led to believe.

Difficult being a non-writing writer. Keep running into the question "so what?" Will lay an outline out, have a story began. Then, creeps in that question. It is also asking "why would a reader care about this?" Ultimately, I'm left with the answer they wouldn't because as the writer I don't.

Wish I could do what a lot of others do, "fake it until you make it". My problem is I'm aware that I'll not make it and then figure there's no point. Know that's pessimistic, depressive. Welcome to my world. And yes, I do try "bring your own meaning" to life. It doesn't help either.

Sorry to be so low. I'm okay, this is what I face daily, every day pretty much. Happiest day, I got married. I'm happy with my wife, love her. We're alright I guess. I'm struggling trying to find a way to contribute beyond being a helpful domestic eunuch. So it goes, ...

I'm diligently striving to not surrender, give up. Talked with a life long friend yesterday. He said he had faith in me to figure it out. Hard pressed for me to have such faith. Will try.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Been out in my truck since 6AM this morning and now taking a break waiting for it to stop~! I got so wet from cleaning off the Ice Buildup on the Wipers and Windows I had to change my jeans and socks~! Have my Boots drying off on the Oil Burner right now~! will be heading back out when it stops to do a final cleanup on my accounts.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Been out in my truck since 6AM this morning and now taking a break waiting for it to stop~! I got so wet from cleaning off the Ice Buildup on the Wipers and Windows I had to change my jeans and socks~! Have my Boots drying off on the Oil Burner right now~! will be heading back out when it stops to do a final cleanup on my accounts.

The Weather Channel had people up in Montauk and farther up in Boston this morning, looked pretty dangerous to be out. Don't envy you that. We've had none of the wind and maybe 1/2" of snow here, so it was much ado about nothing. It's just cold, so there's a pot of chicken noodles with carrots on the stove. We're going to dig in here in about 10 minutes.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The Weather Channel had people up in Montauk and farther up in Boston this morning, looked pretty dangerous to be out. Don't envy you that. We've had none of the wind and maybe 1/2" of snow here, so it was much ado about nothing. It's just cold, so there's a pot of chicken noodles with carrots on the stove. We're going to dig in here in about 10 minutes.

In the Forks of Long Island last I heard they got 2 Feet~! Here we got 10-14 inches. I have been plowing snow for close to 40 years so to me it doesn't scare me or ever get me hyper. This afternoon I was driving in Queens un-plowed streets and had to fill my tank. No I didn't pull over~! 12 hours plus with an slmost 2 hour break because I got ahead of myself. One business that needed to be open at 8AM never did because she got stuck in her house they didn't plow.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I missed chicken noodles with carrots:( :giggle:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
good-morning-smile.gif

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
do you drive an ATV?
Went to West Virginia to visit my Guys grandma and family. His uncle just bought a new atv. He asked us... Do you want to go for a ride up the hill (mountain to me, lol ) ? My Guy "Yes"... Me "No !" I've never been on one and I'm terrified of them, I don't know why :huh: . I was in a motorcycle accident, but still am willing to ride.
They tried to change my mind, but my mind was set and nothing was going to change my decision.
So weird how the mind works.

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It's similar with me. I have difficulty processing everything "coming in". Then, I feel trapped, flight or fright and well I get fright. I literally get paralyzed behind the wheel.
I'm pretty sure this is how he feels/gets when he is behind the wheel.
Some people are just not meant to drive, and most definitely, nothing wrong with not driving.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Went to West Virginia to visit my Guys grandma and family. His uncle just bought a new atv. He asked us... Do you want to go for a ride up the hill (mountain to me, lol ) ? My Guy "Yes"... Me "No !" I've never been on one and I'm terrified of them, I don't know why :huh: . I was in a motorcycle accident, but still am willing to ride.
They tried to change my mind, but my mind was set and nothing was going to change my decision.

if you try to go against your mind you will lose everytime. if someone says you cant beat me..you will. its only your mind telling you that you are better than them. but it is also telling you that you are not as good as it is. i tried suicide 3 times, i was told see a shrink or go to jail. the shrink told me to cut my arm vertically not across if i wanted to end it. it stopper me. why? because it was the feeling that somebody else had a stronger mind than me. i could not let that be. it sounds stupid, but if you can fathom it out you will get the message.

let your mind tell you the best way, in other words, do not ever do what others want you to do, only do what your mind tells you.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

You sure wouldn't want to get one with me then I get crazy on them :giggle:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
What language is that? Although after Arrrggghhh, anything could happen.....

Nautical. The 1MC is the ship or base public address system.

Of a morning you'll hear. ...

"Reveille! Reveille! Reveille! All hands heave out and trice up. Reveille!"

They use a whistle / pipe to call this out. Whistles/pipes are used to call out various messages. "Captain aboard", "Admiral aboard", "Eight bells", "Mess", "Sweeping" and so on. You have the "General Order" which is what you do day in and day out, your regular duties. The 1MC calls out anything extra, or say if a sailor is called to see the captain (which is not always good or bad but usually you don't want to go see the captain, think seeing the principle).

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
A good friend will bail you out of jail. A true and best friend will have vanished the bodies, be in the cell with you.
Ah boy, does a night of sleep wake a person up. *chuckles* Can see the existential irony in my statement in the last post. *hands Andy his pistol and bullet* I got to quit shooting myself in the foot.

Morning everyone, hope the day fares well and run 'er slow.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hey @SteveS45 , if you wouldn't mind; would you post a pic or two from your dash cam? It would be nice to see what it looks like in your part of world. Plus, I miss seeing snow. Hasn't snowed here much, only a few inches a couple of times.
Last week, way out in western KS it snowed 28 inches
Also, hope @Rhianne is ok ! Sure do miss her :(

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Hey @SteveS45 , if you wouldn't mind; would you post a pic or two from your dash cam? It would be nice to see what it looks like in your part of world. Plus, I miss seeing snow. Hasn't snowed here much, only a few inches a couple of times.

i have not seen snow since 1982! like whitey, i miss it. i used to look out of my bedroom window and see black dots appearing in the snow, crazy zig zag patterns, it was the bunnys running through the field. we had the milk delivered, it had foil caps on the glass bottle. if you did not get it inside quickly, the birds pecked it for the milk. once i went out and it was so cold a bird pecked it, the milk shot up and the pood bird was frozen in the milk stream that shot out.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I tell you what I shoveled the back patio and the place I use the fire pit to BBQ tonight's dinner. So I will take a pic in the backyard when I light the BBQ for you~!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Good afternoon Porch goers
Gettin ready for more snow here, they are sayin 12 to 14 inches:rolleyes:
40 miles east of me is supposed to get 18 t0 20 inches
Bad news Steve, it's movin East

May be an image of text that says 'Not everyone likes me. But not everyone matters. Paper Quotes''Not everyone likes me. But not everyone matters. Paper Quotes'

@Jimi that is good news to me~! I hope it hits here because the worst thing that can happen is my customers complaining how much it costs~! I have the perfect response though...............

Remember you don't have a contract just me, Old Reliable~! So take what you spent and divide it by the years it cost you nothing~!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Over here on my end of the ether feeling a bit silly. Lots going on I could feel a lot worse about. Choosing to laugh instead. Better for me and probably everyone else.

Suffice to say one thing is what the GP contacted me about this morning. He's not liking the looks of some testing concerning kidneys. Yeah, again. So he's going to see about locating another kidney doctor who can try doing better than last one.

Another thing is feeling kind of empty. No offense to friends here on the ether, I'm not lucky with friends offline. Wife goes off to work or out to see one of her friends, here I sit alone with our dog. Our dog is an old fellow and so he sleeps a good bit. Not much around for me to get into "piddling" wise here.

Can watch television, play dull games. *yawns* Doing nothing is just as tiresome as putting in a full shift of hard work. It also leads to too much room for thinking far too much, and doing so alone, or with imaginary friends. It's not a joke that I at time talk with myself to have intelligent conversation. Know I really need to get out of my own skull.

So yeah, ... I'll try to keep laughing.

VU Sponsors