Become a Patron!

Vaping on the Front or back Porch

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
May be an image of text that says 'No act of kindness, no matter how small, is The Cool Shady ever Tree wasted -Aesop'

A good rule of life

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Morning, Mark, and morning, everybody!

It's day #1 back at work after a week of vacation spent here at home. I could have kept on sleeping this morning. Need extra coffee.

Got a start on Christmas shopping during my time off. The autumn always passes so quickly, it will be Thanksgiving before we know it.

Y'all enjoy your day!

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
9e09330206147b40d5a23001204c112b.jpg

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !
9e09330206147b40d5a23001204c112b.jpg

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !
its tuesday here, and a lot of people have been evacuated due to the flooding, in my dutch barn next to the stables the ses are using it for feeding people, around 30 people in there, they asked me if some could sleep there for a few days. its away from the house so i cant see it and thet have a seperate driveway. poor sods. thank god i am so high up.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Found a way to speed my working process up a fair bit. Thought I was fast before, now, I'm just blinding. Work still done with quality results. Have to watch I'm not caught "playing". I'm a weirdo, find ways to make work fun and enjoy it.

Meanwhile today my wife is hosting/facilitating a job fair for the state. She give my name to a couple employers, says to expect calls today or tomorrow. Also she spoke with her "inside" contact at the hospital in Parkersburg, the lady is going to check up on my applications. Been near a month since I applied and no word.

Yep, looking for work up that way. Been substituting for three years awaiting full time. Only happens if someone retires, gets fired. Seniority gets in the way of those retiring having their spots open up. I'm allegedly up next on our sub pool to get next spot. Can be filled though from "in house".

As far as anyone getting fired? Well, one guy hit a lady co-worker. He was only given three days off without pay. Guess you'd need to set off a dirty nuke to fire yourself because the BOE isn't firing anyone. ...

Although, they did fire one guy. He was caught actually stealing. *facepalm* Unsure of exact details but it must have theft of something really of value, maybe a student laptop? Otherwise not too keen to see what anyone would find of value to steal.

Wife tells me c--r--@--!--k--/ smess /--heads might come into a school, rip out the copper for money to buy "junk".

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I bet it was toilet paper~! :giggle:

The way "shit" is going, likely so. He he.

Vaping news, Jute twine tried as wick material. So far, it seems to do alright. Got cotton "around", not capable of finding at the moment. Found some jute, thought "why not?" Cut it to a fair length and put about three strands together to go into a 3 mm ID coil. Did not braid it only twisted it up a little to get it started through. Ceramic tweezers got the end through and helped tug it on to center. Can taste the wintergreen flavoring, vg. Seems to wick up about like cotton.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The way "shit" is going, likely so. He he.

Vaping news, Jute twine tried as wick material. So far, it seems to do alright. Got cotton "around", not capable of finding at the moment. Found some jute, thought "why not?" Cut it to a fair length and put about three strands together to go into a 3 mm ID coil. Did not braid it only twisted it up a little to get it started through. Ceramic tweezers got the end through and helped tug it on to center. Can taste the wintergreen flavoring, vg. Seems to wick up about like cotton.

Doesn't it tend to burn easily?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I doubt he could steal the whole supply that they keep in stock and would bank on they buy is large bulk boxes.

We do. Be difficult to walk out with a large amount of toilet paper, paper towels, wype-alls. No one has said anything regarding me taking a cleaner known as Jinx from one school. Took about half dozen cans, redistributed them between some of the other schools. A senior custodian saw me and knew that was my intention. He told me if asked he would tell them that as well. Some schools get shorted on supplies. Jinx lifts nearly everything from walls, floors, it's just amazing stuff really. Even gets peanut butter out of carpets, cleanly.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
This last two days have been insane (big project... thank god it's just once a year) Blowing off the back porch roof has not been done all year... and the rain gutters) I have to walk between beams and first remove 5 pieces of "flashing" that help with the leaks, then blow the roof, then replace the "flashing" (5 of them) then deal with the huge mess on the patio/lawn (thank god I used some tarps that got 60 % of it) After dumping the tarps, today, another round with blower (trying to spread it out over the lawn that I still ha to mow) Like I said... thank God it's only once a year. The rain gutters were insane... lots of sticks so had to fight my way through that (not wet but tangled as heck) Done and done! See you next year bitch!
BTW... never plant a Camphor tree (yes... evergreen but they are always dropping leaves, branches, berries, ect... it never ends) TGIF (and i still had to mow the lawn) My son needs lots of help tomorrow with his yard... it never ends.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Three calls Friday for BOE custodial. First two were half shifts to cover cafeterias & lunch, day shifts. Declined those assignments. I trust myself with human children, do not trust what others may say though. Sad really a person has to be concerned. Third call was for night shift but at a school "out and beyond" that none of my transportation providers will go. Declined that one as well.

Wife messaged I should check my email. The hospital in Parkersburg got my resume & application for housekeeping. They had switched over their computing systems, lost the previous filing, not only mine but a lot of others. As a result their recruiter got me scheduled for a phone interview on Monday morning.

Will need to learn busing schedules up there & in a pinch taxi services. That's a small thing though and once I get the swing of it, it ought not be a problem. Am hopeful anywhere we go to live will allow for at least Shrek. Be nice to be capable of taking three cats too but know that's really against odds and likely not tenable.

Chris seemed happy w/ the news of an interview. She thinks it'll be a formality really. Thursday she did the job fair for the state. I got discussed with a couple of staffing agencies. Neither have reached out though. I looked over their sites at what jobs are open. There was a very narrow band which I could likely get into. Ergo, I didn't reach out either.

Hugs all around. You get an extra? Pass it on to someone you see needs it. Until Ozzy goes to the "other side" and returns with old Bonny, y'all run 'er slow.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Back into travel mode for work, so that's why I don't show up much. I avoid farcebook on the road otherwise I keep getting ads for Florida where my current project is. And farcebook is my source for coffee memes. Hope all is well with everyone on the porch!

Hope you get the new job @MyMagicMist!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Back into travel mode for work, so that's why I don't show up much. I avoid farcebook on the road otherwise I keep getting ads for Florida where my current project is. And farcebook is my source for coffee memes. Hope all is well with everyone on the porch!

Hope you get the new job @MyMagicMist!

Good morning! How is your hip?

@MyMagicMist good luck with your interview!

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Good morning! How is your hip?

@MyMagicMist good luck with your interview!
My hip is doing great! Almost makes me feel 10 years younger since I can now walk and climb stairs. It really helps getting into a vehicle. Used to be I had to pick up my right leg with my hand to get it in the vehicle, now it's just like normal. That really helps with work since I drive from site to site and then get out to look at what I need to look at.

VU Sponsors