Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
549171ea0f43eb64f44943d0b1c946bf.jpg

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Havin a sucks day here today, started out havin to replace a drain very first thing this mornin :facepalm:
I hope everyone is havin a better day

I know the feeling @Jimi ~! I have been wrestling with Amazon and a WiFi Extender since Saturday~! First O ordered it on Prime and it never came on Sunday. Called Amazon Customer support and raised Holy Hell~! One CS Rep gave me a $50 Credit for the inconvenience. So Monday rolls around and I still didn't receive it until 7PM~! Installed it and turns out it was not capable of using anything but the WPS which is NOT Secure enough for me~!

So, I setup the return last night and ordered a better one which had FREE Overnight Shipping with Prime. Got it at 5AM this Morning~! All setup and Devices that will use the Extended Network reconfigured. Solved the issue of Dead Spots in my Living Room and now I can use the WiFi in the driveway with my Laptop Diagnostic Tool. Some areas gained a 50% increase in Signal Strength~!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Hell yeah. Hm.

Today's BOFH excuse, ... Microwaves from Pluto are interfering with the tar spooling program, your home directories are all wiped out $USERs.

I am root. See me smiling? You better have backups. :D

Being root & systems operator / sysop on your own computer, where you're the only $USER can be fun. ... Hm, not really. Here hold this I'm going to go reassign aliases on the Ben $USER. He keeps complaining about there not being enough SPAM.

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

Hell yeah. Hm.

Today's BOFH excuse, ... Microwaves from Pluto are interfering with the tar spooling program, your home directories are all wiped out $USERs.

I am root. See me smiling? You better have backups. :D

Being root & systems operator / sysop on your own computer, where you're the only $USER can be fun. ... Hm, not really. Here hold this I'm going to go reassign aliases on the Ben $USER. He keeps complaining about there not being enough SPAM.

The only thing worse than ADMIN-ing your own computer, is NOT ADMIN-ing your own computer.

See how I did that? It's almost circular! It's ovalular!

Famous last words: Backups schmackups. I ain't skeert.

Mornin' Porch People!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The only thing worse than ADMIN-ing your own computer, is NOT ADMIN-ing your own computer.

See how I did that? It's almost circular! It's ovalular!

Famous last words: Backups schmackups. I ain't skeert.

Mornin' Porch People!
ROFLMAO!!!!

I so do agree. Gets funny though at times when I honestly simply forget things. "Quick, where did you stash the peanut butter file?" "Erm, under /dev/goo? Maybe, ..." "Ha! Catfish found it under /recipe_files!" "Oh yeah. Wait, I got such a directory?"

I joked with my wife, until she realized the joke was truth. "Mom always lives only where there are at least six ways of egress." Wife saw where mom's place is. "Pst, you weren't joking. There are six ways to get here." Mom always takes a random route to and from home. Nope, none of us have ever deciphered her randomizer algorithm.

Add this lolly nature of my mom to "Old Timer's" and dementia from her mom, and my dad's dad. I'm only 50 currently, boy do I got a "ride" to enjoy yet. *chuckles* I'll go so far 'round the bend I'll touch my self in the curve. :D :)

"Suffer insanity?"

"Nah, doc. I enjoy it." :)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
View attachment 199911

Sunday Extra Blueberry Muffins for Mom~!

A couple weeks ago I bought a pair of Wilton pans to make baked doughnuts. They were SO GOOD! Hubbs said there was too much cinnamon for him, but I'm not sure there's such a thing as too much cinnamon for me.

Your muffins brought this back to mind because I have some blueberry muffin mix in the pantry, and I'd thought of baking it up in those doughnut pans for hubbs. He loves blueberry anything! Do you think they would make good doughnuts? With or without a confectioners sugar glaze?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
A couple weeks ago I bought a pair of Wilton pans to make baked doughnuts. They were SO GOOD! Hubbs said there was too much cinnamon for him, but I'm not sure there's such a thing as too much cinnamon for me.

Your muffins brought this back to mind because I have some blueberry muffin mix in the pantry, and I'd thought of baking it up in those doughnut pans for hubbs. He loves blueberry anything! Do you think they would make good doughnuts? With or without a confectioners sugar glaze?

Sure a friend makes a Blueberry Cake out of this same mix~!

VU Sponsors