Become a Patron!

Vaping on the Front or back Porch

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Morning all! Me... I've managed to get the flu.
That sucks
a0d40ae2b5eef9de58787dd693adb7fe.gif
! Hope it isn't the vomiting thing happening with you....just the aches and fever kind of flu.
Get Yourself Well Soon ! :hug:

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I can't have any coffee yet as my power is out... :(

View attachment 200116

A person who loves coffee like you do should have a bottled-gas-powered camp stove and a cowboy percolator!

Or a fire pit and grate out in the back yard. Coffee made and enjoyed outdoors is wonderful.

Just sayin.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks @nadalama I think I'll head over to Wally World after Mass and snag one.

Your local authorities might not appreciate you having a fire going in the back yard. I temporarily forgot you're in California. Next thing you'd know, the entire state would be ablaze. Sorry 'bout that.

I just love old school percolator coffee.

ETA: The one we use is like this:

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That sucks
a0d40ae2b5eef9de58787dd693adb7fe.gif
! Hope it isn't the vomiting thing happening with you....just the aches and fever kind of flu.
Get Yourself Well Soon ! :hug:

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !
With the flu I contracted, it was about the same as COVID. Just dealing with a fever, fatigue, and feeling like someone beat me severely. I'm definitely on the feeling better side now... probably about to 70% of my normal good.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Today, I finished up what seemed college to top level pro level computer learning modules. These put me in mind of the NBC training I had in the navy. Also met my lawyer, the lady who handles Risk Management for CCMC. She is a devout Jesuit.

Once thought I would never work with/for them. Given the overall mission and scope of what is being done with sincerity, there's no way to not do so. Went on tour of the hospital with a group of young and a couple seasoned returning nurses. Some of the "old bird" types giving the tour noted I was looking for dust, debris, anything relatable to custodial work.

These old birds never batted an eye, smiled, kept the tour going. It was geared toward the younger nurses coming in fresh out of school. They never saw what I was doing, although I'm sure it was patently obvious. The one seasoned nurse helped me with a tiny sticky issue. One of the young nurses all but raped me yesterday. She walked just ahead of me, gyrating her stride as she did. I tried going around, only to be blocked by her whisper form.

The seasoned nurse come up near shoulder to shoulder with me. We both walked behind this little young girl today. Season nurse leaned toward me and spoke low and hushed. "You're right, dog, pure cherry."

The young girl glanced back over her shoulder, tossed her snoot into the air and dashed off. "She'll never admit to a dyke looking her up," the seasoned nurse said.

"I don't know, thought she got the idea that a married bi man wasn't interested, yesterday," I said quietly. The seasoned nurse chuckled.

"Poor thing, naturally got stiff, huh?"

"I'm a man, what do you think? There wasn't interest, though. I was simply walking the same general direction. She was pulling all the chords, I just hung back best I could."

"One of the admins noticed. Told me to see if you needed help."

"Hm, thank you," I said. She nodded and winked, walking on.

Got to go to housekeeping this after. Had to finish all that darn computer learning stuff. Went down to see what my schedule tomorrow was going to be. Jo--- the Director over us was there. He told me they'd been waiting two weeks for me. Think if he could have done it, I would have worked tonight. Policy they run says "only 12 hours per day" I had eight in already. He wanted me a full shift.

"You, here at 4 tomorrow.," he told me.

"Expect me at 8," I quipped back.

He just grinned. "Need you here."

"Boo, I here and ain't figuring goin anywhere too quick."

"Y'all hear that, he my dawg." Went to shake and was greeted with deep South Southern Baptist grip and love, soft, easy hands. He then wandered on.

Ga---, one of the fellows on our shift, spoke. "He needs that, build him back up. Covid has torn the ass out of us all. Don't hurt him, though. He's a good man."

"No plans to hurt none if I can avoid it. You all kick me senseless, though. I'll say when." I said. Ga--- nodded and smiled.

"You've seen us. What you think?"

"Them don't want part of the mission our benefactor/s got on, send them on their merry. I don't want anyone that don't want to work." Ga-- nodded again.

"So you got it."

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh no, wishes for a quick recovery. It's bad around here, seems like most of thepeople have either got it or had it in the last few weeks
Over the last couple of weeks, everyone has got this nasty cold that is going around. Just when we all got better, now my mother's 92 year old friend got COVID (he is doing OK... all things considered) Then my son's family are all sick. He just found out a co-worker (and daughter) got Mono. My wife also lives with them. I brought them a "care package" (didn't go inside... just rang the doorbell) Saltine crackers, 7-up and ginger ale. My wife had not ate anything for 24 hours. I'm wondering if the co-worker was confused and it's actually Noro virus ("stomach flu") The names sound similar. I hope so.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have had a sore throat for a couple of days but it was because I froze my ass off outside replacing the Brake Lines on the rear axle. Blew one on Tuesday Morning. I should have dressed warmer.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have had a sore throat for a couple of days but it was because I froze my ass off outside replacing the Brake Lines on the rear axle. Blew one on Tuesday Morning. I should have dressed warmer.
Yes... wear old crappy (but warmer) cloths. Are you talking about the flex lines (hoses)? Did you bleed the brake lines? Not an easy job either way (feel free to PM me about working on brake systems)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Talked to my wife today (to get an update on how everyone is doing) She is feeling a bit better but we had a long conversation about the symptoms they are all having... seems it really is Mono. I had that when I was young (12 years old) felt better then had a relapse... full blown menengitis. They are all doing OK (at least slightly better) My youngest grandchild is having the hardest time but doing OK. She had a rash but it went away after one day. Nobody has the "serious" complications so far.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yes... wear old crappy (but warmer) cloths. Are you talking about the flex lines (hoses)? Did you bleed the brake lines? Not an easy job either way (feel free to PM me about working on brake systems)

I am an X Auto Shop Owner so Thanks for your Offer but not needed~! I had to replace the Steel Lines when the one down the chassis rotted I replaced it with SS. This I just bought a piece of 3/16 tubing and bent and flared them like the OEM lines. And Naturally I did bleed the brakes by having a friend stop by. Had gravity bled them already so it was a quick job.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Last night seemed to be off to a bad start.

I come into the hospital, clocked in on time. Then, went to my station and sit waiting on someone to give me keys, or unlock the supplies. The wait might have been twenty minutes. I went up to employee health and got a second Hep B shot.

Wife suggested finding a supervisor. Explained I didn't think an employee needed to track a supervisor down. The work should be planned out, ready to go. Besides, the hospital is lain out like a maze. Who knew where I'd find anybody. Went down to the director's office anyway, just to have done diligence.

Got there and my director apologized things were running a bit behind. He then handed me a $75 Wally World Card. "It's an employee benefit, part of the 'Bravo' program. We're all heroes, dig," he said, "Get the wife something nice, or get you fresh scrubs dog."

Got put with Ri---, we did what I'd been doing. He let me take point on it just watching a bit, helping just some. "Finally, I got some help on this team. Hear you were navy as well. About time, been here with marines, army, air. Now we can run this, and they can suck it," He told me.

All in, instead of being behind, we wound up a couple of hours ahead. The reasoning being the fellow I was doing with is absolutely a perfectionist, methodical, slow yet not slow. He takes his marine time and does it all perfectly, will stop and obsess over transitions in the floor to be sure they are pristine.

Ri-- told me I didn't need to be that perfect. He also agreed there's discernment over something seeming to not need done and getting bogged over doing it all in one shift. "If it doesn't _need_ it, go to what does need it," he said. You can always get it the next shift you're on, or the shift after you can get it. Point being, the work is getting done. No, that's not saying jag off and do nothing or shirk work. It's meaning you need to balance work out.

Joh--- our director had a 'meeting' for us before we all got started. He spoke of us getting a second 4% pay bump. They had already got the first, bringing them to $14 hrly. Now, a second 4% was coming and that was two in three months. He said we had a good crew overall, we actually embodied a family, not the bull of the 'company' referring to us as family. Told us we needed to realize we had found the Golden Egg. Appreciate time off, come in to work and have a little fun.

Raised my hand to talk. Said I mirrored his talk and agreed this job was a Golden Egg. Explained I had got a bit frustrated at shift start. Went to see Joh--- expecting more frustration, more hassle like the former work place.

Imagine my surprise when he handed me the gift card, apologized for the night's rough start, promised I'd have an actual schedule Monday, and he'd get some other stuff sorted for me. Let them know I was liking having found the work there and Joh--- was correct we ought to appreciate it when everything else is going to Hell it seems.

"Our patient is the ultimate boss. We desire having happy patients. --- How do we get that? We first have happy employees."

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have been Wrestling with Cable Boxes and a TV all day. First my Living Room TV Box just locked up yesterday afternoon. Rebooted and it never came back up. Went to Optimum and exchanged the Box and after booting it up it completed booting but no stations or guide and most of the channels weren't there. Called cable and the Automated BS would not let me tell them I had NO Channel 900~! Tried rebooting all night to no avail.

This morning tried again and called Tech Support (Mistake) after an Hour and a Half this Numb Nut wanted to send a tech and charge me. Then tells me it was Escalated and they will get back to me in 24-72 hours~! Bull Shit~! I swapped the splitters in the basement and ran a new Coax Cable with same result. Swapped a Know Good into the Living Room and working. So back to cable and Bitched at the guy who gave it to me. While there the guy sticks a little USB Drive in the back of the machine which no others have~! So it can provision on the Network when I install it, I am assuming.

During all this I find out the TV on the second floor isn't working so that was the rest of my afternoon. Still working on that but not sue if it is worth trying to fix. I can't find definitive Error Code Information to buy the parts. I think it is time for a Cocktail~!

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
During all this I find out the TV on the second floor isn't working so that was the rest of my afternoon. Still working on that but not sue if it is worth trying to fix. I can't find definitive Error Code Information to buy the parts. I think it is time for a Cocktail~!
Welcome to techno hell LOL. Techno is a mixed blessing... nuff said.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Nobody has the "serious" complications so far.
Update: my son thinks it is NOT mono. Seems they all just got a nasty flu. Everyone is doing a bit better. I did some grocery shopping for them so they don't have go anywhere (even contributed half with my food card)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If I could find what the Error Code is I would replace a part but it comes back as could one.of 3 things.

"Elimination game begin! Get the cheapest part first, try. If it fixes, end. No fix, move to next more expensive part. Fixes, end. No fix, get the most expensive part, try, if fixes, end. No fix, toss it all."

Pseudo coded, it looks like:

If A (cheapest part);
then end;
else C (median cost part);
then end;
else E (most expensive part);
then end,
else F (toss the lot);
fi

Guess you could code it as a case statement too.

fix(
case{A,C,E};
[works $@ end; else /dev/null];
)

Although I have onboard subtitling. Getting used to seeing NHK in Japanese instead of Anguish. It makes more sense than Le Monde in French. Eh, French is contextual. I miss contexts even in Anguish, so no wonder Le Monde leaves me confused. Japanese is factual, straight forward literal. Someone calls you a dog in Japanese you get on all fours, French? You just figure they're asking for the time.

I'm highly likely, ...1671372214934.jpeg .., so will go get a cup now.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
"Elimination game begin! Get the cheapest part first, try. If it fixes, end. No fix, move to next more expensive part. Fixes, end. No fix, get the most expensive part, try, if fixes, end. No fix, toss it all."

Pseudo coded, it looks like:

If A (cheapest part);
then end;
else C (median cost part);
then end;
else E (most expensive part);
then end,
else F (toss the lot);
fi

Guess you could code it as a case statement too.

fix(
case{A,C,E};
[works $@ end; else /dev/null];
)

Although I have onboard subtitling. Getting used to seeing NHK in Japanese instead of Anguish. It makes more sense than Le Monde in French. Eh, French is contextual. I miss contexts even in Anguish, so no wonder Le Monde leaves me confused. Japanese is factual, straight forward literal. Someone calls you a dog in Japanese you get on all fours, French? You just figure they're asking for the time.

I'm highly likely, ...View attachment 200311 .., so will go get a cup now.

That is why I am not sure if I want to screw with it~! $15-$50=$150............. A new Bigger Smart TV is $350. If I take a chance with the $15 it could be a win but I also saw it could be the LCD itself which is throw it out.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That is why I am not sure if I want to screw with it~! $15-$50=$150............. I new Bigger Smart TV is $350. If I take a chance with the $15 it could be a win but I also saw it could be the LCD itself which is throw it out.

Yep, looks to be the LCD it probably is that.

If that Smart TV is a Roku (six) branded one, you'll want to be sure to get Pluto TV & Freevee on your Roku. There's so much "free" content available just with those you may not want any "premium" services. Even Amazon's Fire stuff has Pluto TV & Freevee. FilmRise is another decent "free" content choice.

Freevee used to be IMdb Tv, which is, of course, Amazon. Pluto is a "free" front for Viacom / CBS / Paramount. Think their goal is to keep it as a "test bed" to help draw in Paramount+ subscribers. Usually stuff from Paramount+ shows up 6 months later on Pluto.

Saying "free" in the case of these services though does imply advert support. The adverts though are less than you see on standard cable/dish television. In Pluto's case, they usually run about four adverts for Pluto channels and two actual adverts.

I would suggest Tubi Tiv yet got mixed views on it. Tubi is run by Fox. They do adverts as well, kind of "free" Netflix. The adverts on Tubi were supposedly only to be 5 minutes per hour of content. Well, ... of course, that didn't last. 'Sides, Pluto gets more content being run by Viacom/Paramount.

Speaking of Paramount, they got a nice $5/month tier that gets access to all content with minimal adverts. Peacock does the same with a $5 tier. I and wife don't mind paying a bit for these. Peacock includes USA, SyFi, WWE, NBC networks as well as some others. It's run by Universal who at times works hand in glove with Disney, yet is not Disney.

Watch out on Netflix anymore. They're running all this "woke" stuff. They're beheld to investors, not customers. Too much "programming" on televised media is thinly veiled politics, persuasion, propaganda, disinformation. It's one thing to use media with narrative to teach or convey something moral, ethical, and do so in a manner you still enjoy the content. It's another to use the content as a cudgel.

Examples of those doing it correctly? Ursula K. Le Guin & Terry Pratchett instantly come to mind, guess Douglas Adams counts as well, Victor Hugo.

We seem to have lost all the good storytellers and replaced them with "writers". Yes, there's a huge chasm of difference betwixt the two. Aesop was a storyteller who reared many a child from his bound slavery. Ask a writer to do that, now. Go on, I double dog dare you.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors