Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
200w.gif

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This Saturday stinks. When I began as full-time for the school board, it was explained they would cover 24 paychecks over the year. I was told that would be so in my case, not to worry.

This week I learned they only are covering 21 paychecks. Next month, my apartment lease will be up. It is likely they'll want to renegotiate rent and raise it. As it is, I'm barely scraping by for current rent. I don't have grocery money, or very little.

Planning to ask a doctor to provide signs of disability for me, write up a "to whom it may concern" letter with evidence of it. I have no choice when the cost of living has quadrupled over the past few months. I cannot keep working and merely exist to work to exist, in that vicious cycle where it seems I just work and nothing else.

I'm physically worn out, sore, tired all the time. I know a great deal of that comes from mental stress, aggravation, frustration. Of course, helping lift 500lbs of wooden teacher desk up and over into a 6 ft tall dumpster probably doesn't help. Stronger than I realize at times, earning the moniker, Ox.

Still unsure about my back. Kidneys are at least stable. I've lost over 50 lbs. Feel good, but at the same time know I'm pushing too hard. Why push so hard? Gee, because it all feels like a fight for me, and my environment simply reinforces that. No real choice.

So yeah, time for me to get on disability. I could keep going, but not sure if I like the seemingly impending destination. Suffice to say it's rather bleak, and I'm not being melodramatic, only practical, realistic. Hate to go on disability, yet at the same time it's there for a purpose.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Planning to ask a doctor to provide signs of disability for me, write up a "to whom it may concern" letter with evidence of it.
You might want to check and see how it is in your state but just recently a friend of mine hurt his back workin on his farm and had to give up his job so he tried to claim disability and in this state IL you have to of been out of work for one year before they would consider you for Dis. just sayin

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You might want to check and see how it is in your state but just recently a friend of mine hurt his back workin on his farm and had to give up his job so he tried to claim disability and in this state IL you have to of been out of work for one year before they would consider you for Dis. just sayin

Yep. Lots of restrictions on it. Got wind of another job tonight. I'm off for the Summer with the school anyway. Another job won't hurt anything. I can still get checked out, put on a healthy track. Not saying this other job really changes much, but it would at least offer a decent wage.

Might help take some stress off if I can get on at it.

VU Sponsors