Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
a-cat-sitting-next-to-a-cup-of-coffee-description-1.jpeg

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I’m heating up something easy, or possibly making some chorizo and an omelette. We just finished brunch/lunch so I’m not sure.

We’ll prolly watch Brit Box later since Wallander with Kenneth Branagh is a available now.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I actually did not sleep well last night because of some BS that happened yesterday in the early evening. Still pissing me off~! Woke up during the night watched some TV until I fell back asleep and then woke up early this morning and with the rain I said screw this and put the TV on again and fell asleep until 9AM. But that made me feel like I wasted the day so I drained and filled the boiler 3 times this morning to at least do something productive.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I actually did not sleep well last night because of some BS that happened yesterday in the early evening. Still pissing me off~! Woke up during the night watched some TV until I fell back asleep and then woke up early this morning and with the rain I said screw this and put the TV on again and fell asleep until 9AM. But that made me feel like I wasted the day so I drained and filled the boiler 3 times this morning to at least do something productive.

Wow, you do a lot of amazing stuff! I don’t have any wine in the house but maybe I’ll get a bottle.

I did waste today but it was rainy today so I wouldn’t have done anything anyway.

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
I wish I could do as much as Steve does. It gets boring being a stay at home mom all the time. I wish I could have atleast a part time job to get out there and feel like I’m doing something to financially help out my family.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I like Villa Armando or Opici wines because they are like Homemade Italian Wines. Best part is they are not expensive~!

I googled them but the shipping to me was $30! It was almost three times the cost of the wine.

I had been getting Dry Farm Wines every other month, but $159 for six bottles was a lot!!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I wish I could do as much as Steve does. It gets boring being a stay at home mom all the time. I wish I could have atleast a part time job to get out there and feel like I’m doing something to financially help out my family.

You’re doing something important with your kids, and you’re just not being paid for it! When they’re older, you’ll have time to get a job. I know you feel like you should help out, but what you do is important, even if it feels easy or whatever.

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
You’re doing something important with your kids, and you’re just not being paid for it! When they’re older, you’ll have time to get a job. I know you feel like you should help out, but what you do is important, even if it feels easy or whatever.
Yeah. I just miss working though. I love work! I remember when I had a job making over $850 a week and still worked a part time job on the side for the fun of it. I miss those days! Never had to worry about money.

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Good morning everyone! Hope you all slept well! It got cold in our room last night so we had to put the space heater on. I changed to sweats and even put socks on, which I never wear to bed! Also grabbed another blanket and put it on me! Woke up feeling sick. All achy and everything! Joy!

I hope you all slept well and have a great Sunday! God bless!

:hug:<3

Amber Petti

Platinum Contributor
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Thanks love! I’m actually out of creamer which I woke up to finding out, so no coffee for me.

DaBunny

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Good-Monring-Cute-Animated-Rabbit-wg0180141.gif

I think it's Aida. I'm a fan of the paycheck but not really opera. Wife loves opera.
if your unpacking lots of stuff that looks egyption its adia..
{{ have the cd set with libretto }}
when i was REALLY little before preschool age even I would request classical music from santa...
poor mother would not have a clue as to what i was trying to say cuz the words are most times in a forign lang..
so i would try so hard to discribe
would dance around in circles waving my arms like a conductor
calling out truculsky truculsky truculsky I want truculsky {{ tchaikovsky }}
mother was fit to be tied... looked for a truculsky Doll?
truculsky Game??
truculsky shoes?? what the devel is a truculsky..
finaly she was about to just GIVE UP on my much and ONLY desired truculsky...
when a very kind store clerk asked may i help you... mother said MY DAUGHTER ONLY wants a
truculsky for christmas and i can't figure out what a truculsky even is....
the store clerk asked did she offer any other hints??
mother said she waves her hands in the air an spins in circles and just screams out
truculsky truculsky truculsky!!! I want truculsky...

the store clerk knew in an instant...
your daughter wants tchaikovsky she is asking for classical music...
I got swan lake and was TRILLED to death... played it till the record skipped so bad and still played it somemore..

and thus began my love for classical music.

we did not have a TV set.. but had an old rca radio and i would listen to classical music all the time cuz it was cartoons for the mind.

watch the old looney tune cartoons some day an listen to the background music... Its classical music most of the time...

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
New Hyde Park, but you need to let me know you're coming in advance this isn't that big a piece of meat.

DonBaldy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good-Monring-Cute-Animated-Rabbit-wg0180141.gif

if your unpacking lots of stuff that looks egyption its adia..
{{ have the cd set with libretto }}
when i was REALLY little before preschool age even I would request classical music from santa...
poor mother would not have a clue as to what i was trying to say cuz the words are most times in a forign lang..
so i would try so hard to discribe
would dance around in circles waving my arms like a conductor
calling out truculsky truculsky truculsky I want truculsky {{ tchaikovsky }}
mother was fit to be tied... looked for a truculsky Doll?
truculsky Game??
truculsky shoes?? what the devel is a truculsky..
finaly she was about to just GIVE UP on my much and ONLY desired truculsky...
when a very kind store clerk asked may i help you... mother said MY DAUGHTER ONLY wants a
truculsky for christmas and i can't figure out what a truculsky even is....
the store clerk asked did she offer any other hints??
mother said she waves her hands in the air an spins in circles and just screams out
truculsky truculsky truculsky!!! I want truculsky...

the store clerk knew in an instant...
your daughter wants tchaikovsky she is asking for classical music...
I got swan lake and was TRILLED to death... played it till the record skipped so bad and still played it somemore..

and thus began my love for classical music.

we did not have a TV set.. but had an old rca radio and i would listen to classical music all the time cuz it was cartoons for the mind.

watch the old looney tune cartoons some day an listen to the background music... Its classical music most of the time...
I appreciate classical music. Rarely listen to it voluntarily.

Not a real fan of opera. I do respect the skill of the singers.

I've worked more ballet and have a real respect for the dancers and the music.

Now, all that said, working backstage I have a different perspective than many others. From the front ballet is all graceful and almost dainty. Backstage you see the dancers come off stage laughing or groaning about some move they messed up or a ballerina comes off stage and rips a huge fart. The dancers are mostly friendly and more respectful of the stagehands. By contrast opera singers are generally more pompous and arrogant.

The show I'm working is Aida as it's labeled everywhere. I'll take more pics of the set as it comes together.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors