Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
giphy.gif

Enjoy your day today, Porchers. <3

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Waiting for some stuff to show in the mail. The buzzy speakers on the tv are about to drive me fruit. Waiting for the 40 days and 40 nights of rain to let up before I wade through the swamp to get to the garden. See if anything I planted is still there.

Was watching tv this evening. So sick of the agenda every show feels the necessity to push. FBI already got cancelled for being a bunch of woke bitches, now their sister show FBI Most Wanted just followed suit. I don't give a single fuck, choke and go wait in the unemployment line for all I care. Same with New Amsterdam and SWAT. Not in my fuckin house.

See here's the thing they don't seem to understand. All this woke mob bullshit appeals mainly to the millennials and gen z crowd. Those who actually catch and watch tv on tv in the evenings are the older crowd. With each passing generation fewer and fewer actually sit and watch tv. They're all hopped up on the youtubes, streaming services, netflix, tiktok. They're not watching that shit anyway. So smart, piss off the few still watching tv. And it won't just affect the shows or the people advertising on the shows. Show after show is losing my interest, if there's little to watch I see no point in continuing to pay $170/mo on satellite service. Yup, directv can go choke a dick too. Good luck finding replacement customers from the gens who don't watch traditional tv.

When the phrase 'know your audience' should be taken most literally.

1620205347703.png

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well it appears that the new members post was removed did someone report them?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It’s an open box model. It’s new to me but might’ve been used. It was very clean when I got it, so I think it was new, but an older model.

Depending on where you bought it if it was used they can't actually sell it. If it was just an open box that means Big Discount~!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
FBI already got cancelled for being a bunch of woke bitches, now their sister show FBI Most Wanted just followed suit. I don't give a single fuck, choke and go wait in the unemployment line for all I care. Same with New Amsterdam and SWAT. Not in my fuckin house.

See here's the thing they don't seem to understand. All this woke mob bullshit appeals mainly to the millennials and gen z crowd. Those who actually catch and watch tv on tv in the evenings are the older crowd. With each passing generation fewer and fewer actually sit and watch tv. They're all hopped up on the youtubes, streaming services, netflix, tiktok.

Nearing 50 here. Enjoy New Amsterdam, it seems to promote a message of hope things can get better. Yes, it also portrays things getting better needing people to care and take action.

But I do agree with you in large part. There's shit to look at, even on the streaming services offering ass loads of free content. Gee, that's why it's free, no one wants to watch it.

Even the paid streaming services have little to no real enjoyable content. Seems everyone is out to do remakes and even remakes of remakes.

It's sad really about the best on is the weather, jeopardy, wheel of fortune. And sometimes a person isn't half assed to bother with them.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Nearing 50 here. Enjoy New Amsterdam, it seems to promote a message of hope things can get better. Yes, it also portrays things getting better needing people to care and take action.

But I do agree with you in large part. There's shit to look at, even on the streaming services offering ass loads of free content. Gee, that's why it's free, no one wants to watch it.

Even the paid streaming services have little to no real enjoyable content. Seems everyone is out to do remakes and even remakes of remakes.

It's sad really about the best on is the weather, jeopardy, wheel of fortune. And sometimes a person isn't half assed to bother with them.

True. I’ve got Netflix and I hardly ever watch it. I did watch a bit of The Chosen (about Yeshua/Jesus) around Easter. But not the entire series. It’s neat to think about him as being a Rabbi though, imho.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
True. I’ve got Netflix and I hardly ever watch it. I did watch a bit of The Chosen (about Yeshua/Jesus) around Easter. But not the entire series. It’s neat to think about him as being a Rabbi though, imho.

I think of Jesus like this and sometimes like that. Then, we agnostics get lumped with atheists. I don't mind so much any more as I see the good and bad in all religions. Rather live my life with my own chosen purpose & make the best of it I can. :)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hope everything’s going good, otherwise. Say hi to your mom. I hope she’s doing okay! :hug:

Not getting Notifications I see. Mom is OK but she is just hanging in there. I am doing my Best but I think she it at the Fuck It Stage. Nothing Bad but not where I would like.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not getting Notifications I see. Mom is OK but she is just hanging in there. I am doing my Best but I think she it at the Fuck It Stage. Nothing Bad but not where I would like.

*hug* Sorry to hear of your concerns, brother. My mom keeps on being a trooper. She has found strength in her religious faith. Happy she has as I'm not sure she would have fought cancer without it.

See? Atheists aren't pitch black evil people, or monsters you may think. We only choose living on our own terms by exercising the agency of free will. We choose being moral and ethical for the sake of it, not to be rewarded or punished.

We can also choose being compassionate. And so I'll stop there. :)

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Don't get me wrong, I used to like New Amsterdam. It was a decent well rounded show about a young innovative doctor who took over and kicked ass. Stirred things up, went a bit crazy (House style) but for the betterment of real change.

Annnnnd, then they decided they had an agenda to push. Sorry, go fuckin protest your bullshit elsewhere. Not on my time, not on my dime. Every show has to get political. Pull a Kaepershit then feel free to sit the season out. Indefinitely for all I care. I watch tv to be entertained, not lectured. The monkeys dancing for my amusement no longer amuse me, off they fuck.

I'm not saying don't feel one way or another. Want to protest? Fantastic. Go to a rally. Go kick over some trash cans, light a cop car on fire, whatever they feel gets their point across. But stop doing it in my face while I'm trying to just enjoy some entertainment. When people go for a cup of coffee or get their oil changed, they don't want indoctrinated into some agenda driven cult. They just don't. I don't give a shit if it's scientology, blm, gee, have ya heard the good word? Nope. Out. Keep it to yourself. I just came for the coffee, not a lecture and not some bullshit.

Apparently their memories are as short as their puny puds. I mean it worked so well for the nfl and shit to protest and take a knee right? It swayed a lot of opinion and drove up sales? Oh wait, no it didn't. It only caused those with opposing views to dig in deeper. On their opinion anyway, definitely not their wallet.

"While the NFL attributes the decline in ratings to the presidential race, a study conducted by Rasmussen Reports shows otherwise. Approximately 1,000 American adults participated in a telephone questionnaire on Oct. 2-3 that revealed nearly one-third (32 percent) are “less likely to watch an NFL game” due to players taking a stand and protesting the national anthem. Thirteen percent want to watch a game because of the protests." Same old grind, won't actually nut up and admit they backed the wrong horse. And again, everyone's free to have a message. On THEIR time. Otherwise fans/viewers will send a clear message back.

Further showing the disparity a lot of the agenda push is of the liberal nature on New Amsterdam's more recent showings. And yet according to Insider, 37% of viewers are conservative leaning while just 13% are liberal. A clear 3:1 split. And I don't believe an agenda from either side has any place in entertainment shows. Viewership ratings show every time NA gets a political bug up their ass, ratings drop. That whole phrase 'know your audience' couldn't hold more weight in this case. Last season they had a .77 score, this season is nearly over and at .46. Last season they had averaged a little over 5m viewers, this season they're down to 3.6m. I'm sure the advertisers spending big bucks to air their commercials just love it every time another million plus people say CLICK. But what do I know, that's just 5min of googling and common sense vs 80hrs a week and clearly common core.

It just has no place in what otherwise is people's escape from the bullshit to just chill and be entertained. They want to preach they'll be sitting in an empty basement all 10 or 15 of them when they're out of a job preaching to each other. No one cares. I certainly don't.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I watch tv to be entertained, not lectured. The monkeys dancing for my amusement no longer amuse me, off they fuck.

Ran into this also watching a movie titled Identity. As one who writes I saw the ploy well in advance. An aspect of the plot puts the setting near an "Indian (Native American) burial ground".

The setting had no dog in the fight at all. It was a complete obvious red herring. The writers of the movie wanted to tout their intellect in using such a worthless ploy.

Even the actors awaited crickets chirping when the burial ground was suggested. Sadly even the crickets waited. It dropped and literally tanked the movie as it was a blatant "slap in the face" to the audience. "Look, we the writers are smarter than you."

I've seen similar in books, stories from authors you'd expect to know better. So yes, I get your point of wanting to be entertained. Yes, I've seen a bit of the "agenda" you speak of in New Amsterdam. The trouble being, everyone has a plan of some kind. And that is what agenda means, a plan.

I agree, when I want entertained I too dislike "preaching" Recently, got turned off Little House On The Prairie myself. It had a clearly identified atheist wind up going to church, and oh everyone got the "feel goods". It just blew the wholesome feel of the show for me.

Well, we'll try finding entertainment as we can. Sorry for rambling.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I think of Jesus like this and sometimes like that. Then, we agnostics get lumped with atheists. I don't mind so much any more as I see the good and bad in all religions. Rather live my life with my own chosen purpose & make the best of it I can. :)

Me too. But I just wanted to see what the whole thing was about. I don’t really read the Bible that often.

Hope all is well with you, brother. Power Twin activating huge vapor hugs! :hug::hug:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

I’m sorry to hear that. She prolly misses your dad so much. And that’s not something you can fix, unfortunately. Is the Church near you open? Have you taken her for Sunday services? If she likes the Priest, it might make her feel better.

I’ll be sending good thoughts to the both of you!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Depending on where you bought it if it was used they can't actually sell it. If it was just an open box that means Big Discount~!

Well, it was eBay. So they can really sell anything! Except vape related stuff, that is. :teehee:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Power Twin activating huge vapor hugs!

*sighs*

All is about as well as it may be. Even if not, I'm learning to not bother saying. There's no point. Tired of being told to "find Jesus".
So sure, all is just dandy. Ah yes! :D :) There was more but again, why bother?

Remember, bingo on Wednesdays & Jesus saves. Not sure for what, or where he gets his coupons. Yep, all is fucking gloriously fine, just totally fine.

Maybe if I lie to myself enough I'll believe it? Sorry, I've played the "fake until you make it" game long enough to know I'm not ever "making it". That also means I know lying to myself holds no value.

Ask yourself if I don't take lies from myself, why would I take someone else's lies about anything?

If that paints me as jaded or having a "chip on my shoulder", so mote it. I don't really care any more. Yeah, all is well.

And no this does not mean I have "given up" or have lost hope. Quite the opposite in fact. It fills me with resolve and blazing hope. There are aspects of life though that I'm aware I'll not ever be privy to experiencing. I accept that. It is a truth I may not like. All there is for me is accepting it.

Then, I go on living. I just find it sad others seem keen to accept lies. Oh well, we all can choose.

On further thought, ...

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So worked all day getting the Tomato Plants in the ground but had to run to Home Depot for some 5 Gallon Buckets and Topsoil since I bought way too freaking many~!

1620330378662.png

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Hugo & Also. Waiting until we get a place and I'm thinking of setting out a whole Victory style garden like this, in buckets. There's a way to daisy chain them with tubing fort irrigationn. You can set it up to be pump-less, gravity fed from a lifted reservoir. Then, you can also have that cycle back on itself. Of course that might require a pump to heft the water back into the tank.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hugo & Also. Waiting until we get a place and I'm thinking of setting out a whole Victory style garden like this, in buckets. There's a way to daisy chain them with tubing fort irrigationn. You can set it up to be pump-less, gravity fed from a lifted reservoir. Then, you can also have that cycle back on itself. Of course that might require a pump to heft the water back into the tank.

My neighbor was just telling me about a system like this but I will just turn on a sprinkle and work out on the back patio in the morning~! Great idea but more work for me than just watering when needed~!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
After I got finished with today's projects I sat in the backyard drinking Guinness Stouts watching the birds eating the bread I put out for them and having a drink from the fresh water in the Bird Bath. Was relaxing I must say. After I cooked a couple of burgers on a charcoal fire I finished my beer and then had an Espresso.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
After I got finished with today's projects I sat in the backyard drinking Guinness Stouts watching the birds eating the bread I put out for them and having a drink from the fresh water in the Bird Bath. Was relaxing I must say. After I cooked a couple of burgers on a charcoal fire I finished my beer and then had an Espresso.

Kicked back in bed here looking at Murder She Wrote. Got some sweet tea, vape. Worked 3.5 hrs today at an elementary school. I welcomed it as for the past two days calls out were for places I don't work. One is a hostile environment, the other just too far out into the boonies.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Went out and did just a bit of weed eating yesterday evening. Might have done more but I was fairly whooped. Also yesterday evening FIL told me I could clean up an old electric cook stove. They're going to get it up here.

He told me I could then cook something up to eat.

I responded that I doubted that would happen.

So he says Chris, my wife, could fix us something.

Told him again I doubted very much that would happen.

He seemed confounded.

I told him that there was more to it than just having a stove to cook on.

He said "Ah, got ya."

Much as I appreciate the seeming gesture to welcome me and her it's a far cry too late, a far cry too short. I've never felt welcomed or at ease around her sister and bro in law. He sits in the kitchen here acting all imposing and lording. He is a bigger person.

I don't feel like having to need to schedule time in a kitchen of a home where I live too. That's not welcoming, that's being looked down upon, disrespected, menaced. So no a cook stove now after years of that, serves no purpose.

Lucky I go into the kitchen to quickly microwave something or get tap water. Why am I going to stand out there to cook feeling lorded over? Why be out there and constantly need to excuse myself? We were told all was fine if we wanted to live here as well.

It has always been clear that isn't the case. We can re-frame it until the cows come home, it doesn't change. It's not me and my wife having the "problem", it's on them.

But yeah, I'll still be expected to clean the stove up for them even if I'll not use it. Lovely sense, huh?

And by the by, her sister freaks out literally when trying to make Ramen noodles. Kid you not it took her nearly 45 minutes to figure out it doesn't matter if you boil water first then add noodles, or put noodles on the stove in a pan of water and boil it. She does not cook. If she does you can figure you're not eating.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I did the lawns yesterday after I did the planting. Today I need to do some shopping for Sunday and wash down all the backyard furniture before Sunday as Mom requested a BBQ for Mothers Day.

VU Sponsors