Become a Patron!

Vaping on the Front or back Porch

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's just it though. You don't use rotten potatoes. The enzyme comes from good potatoes cut. That can be pressed to attain the liquefied enzyme.

I didn't say potatoes cannot go bad, nor cannot mold. What I said was potato enzymes can be used to clean. Figured that it would have been clear to not use bad potatoes for that. Besides which enzyme/s of something are not the thing itself.

Like nicotine can be extracted from tobacco, grass, tomatoes. Enzymes can be extracted as well.

*sighs*

Apologies, do not intended to read as a college professor, don. Nor do I intended to read as a pompous & arrogant "know it all". Also apologize if it reads as condescending, frustrated, despairing, dramatic. None of that was my intention in mentioning enzymes can be used to clean. Again, though, ... more reminders to me of the question .... "why bother?"
Potatoes are legendary for treating infections due to their drawing property. Maybe that's the same thing to do with treating mold, dunno.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
f88374bc7c0cb921cd3ae7c7bb73b389.gif

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I'm still out here doing my thing!

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
OK, time to tag some of the missing Porch Dwellers~! Hoping you are all Safe and Healthy~! So many pages to scan for names and I only got through 15 so far................

@Rhianne
@wildgypsy70
@MC5
@Pastorfuzz
@Countrypami
@Ms. Trixy
@St.Roostifer
@jwill
@David Wolf
@fozzy71
@Canadian Vaper
@voicenyerhed
@brando117
@Droogbc
@MrScaryZ
Hello! I’m here! Between being tired and busy, I’m lucky to visit VU at all. Lol! But I’m good…..no need to worry about me.:blowkiss:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hello! I’m here! Between being tired and busy, I’m lucky to visit VU at all. Lol! But I’m good…..no need to worry about me.:blowkiss:

Should make time for a Cup of Coffee or a Glass of wine (Whatever) on the Porches~! It is good for the mind and body~! Miss the friendly banter because it has been slow in here.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Pardon my messy kitchen.

The tedious thing about prepping is that you have to listen to that inner voice that says "you need to check expiration dates before you waste food".

So this morning I found this package of salmon jerky that expired yesterday. I decided to see if I could approximate that smoked fish dip that costs about a buck per ounce at the foofoo grocery store. I made the dish early this morning for lunch later on, so the flavors can marry and have their honeymoon in my mouth.

In the fridge I had a pack of Laughing Cow lite wedges, 30 calories per wedge, that also expired yesterday. I brought it to room temp, and chopped up the salmon bites. I added a mountain of fresh dill, a heaping tablespoon of mayo, a generous teaspoon of Dijon mustard, a few red pepper flakes, and mash mash mash to get the Laughing Cow blended with everything else.

Then I had to try a bite on a breadstick. Mmmm. Lunch is so far away...
Salmon dip 1.jpga

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Pardon my messy kitchen.

The tedious thing about prepping is that you have to listen to that inner voice that says "you need to check expiration dates before you waste food".

So this morning I found this package of salmon jerky that expired yesterday. I decided to see if I could approximate that smoked fish dip that costs about a buck per ounce at the foofoo grocery store. I made the dish early this morning for lunch later on, so the flavors can marry and have their honeymoon in my mouth.

In the fridge I had a pack of Laughing Cow lite wedges, 30 calories per wedge, that also expired yesterday. I brought it to room temp, and chopped up the salmon bites. I added a mountain of fresh dill, a heaping tablespoon of mayo, a generous teaspoon of Dijon mustard, a few red pepper flakes, and mash mash mash to get the Laughing Cow blended with everything else.

Then I had to try a bite on a breadstick. Mmmm. Lunch is so far away...
View attachment 184854a
Salmon jerky! Never thought of that. Do myself make beef, venison and roo jerky but never tried salmon or heard of it other than see native people that catch them on tv dry them in the air and sun. I will have to look that up.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Salmon jerky! Never thought of that. Do myself make beef, venison and roo jerky but never tried salmon or heard of it other than see native people that catch them on tv dry them in the air and sun. I will have to look that up.
It's mouth watering salmon bacon. Roo jerky, now that sounds exotic to me! Good for you with the DIY.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So I have been watering since 6AM this morning and all of a sudden it got cloudy. Checked the weather forecast and they are predicting Rain later this afternoon but it will be sunny and hot so keep the lawns green.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
It's mouth watering salmon bacon. Roo jerky, now that sounds exotic to me! Good for you with the DIY.
My now gone Dad and Mum used to make lots of dehydrated fruit from their country place they lived on.
One of the things I got when they went was the dehydrator. Nothing big just an electric one. I read the book with it and saw it did meat and tried stuff.
So many things make a difference, like cutting with the grain as opposed to across it. You can make a chewier jerky or easier to chew one. You are best going for the least possible fat. Too much fat is no good and can go rancid if left for too long after done. Lean beef or any of what you use, cut off all fat is the best, sweet. Venison do the same but is not as sweet, more gamey. My brother inlaw had a deer farm here in central Vic and I tried a fair bit but always preferred doing lean beef as opposed to Deer.
Kangaroo one is pretty unique. It has a taste of its own. Cooked like a steak as it cooks has an odd smell, but once done is near a beef taste. Still after cooked if you sniffed it you'd be guessing what it was, taste wise you'd probably go beef. Its a very lean meat though with minimal fat. I love Roo jerky, my misses is yeah ok but I'd prefer beef. My old Staffy now gone was eye pop, tongue hanging out for Roo jerky. I think I was on the same page as him.
So easy though to make your own and when done with the herbs and spices of choice, very hard to stop eating.
Still to this day when I eat it I feel like im in a Western movie. :giggle:

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What Mess? I see a counter someone prepared food on~!
Thank you. It's just that when I saw the pic uploaded, I felt that a real food writer would have cleaned that up before photographing the dish, in fact might have actually mixed and blended the dish and have photographed it with bread sticks on the side. It's fun doing this though. This wonderful thread of yours lets people do a little food blogging without having to keep up a whole website.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thank you. It's just that when I saw the pic uploaded, I felt that a real food writer would have cleaned that up before photographing the dish, in fact might have actually mixed and blended the dish and have photographed it with bread sticks on the side. It's fun doing this though. This wonderful thread of yours lets people do a little food blogging without having to keep up a whole website.

I am not a food writer if you think that~! I am just a person who likes to eat~! My love of cooking is just something I enjoy.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got some much needed weed whacking done yesterday. A few hiccups along the way because the day wouldn't be complete without that. lol. Was tugging the extension cord (electric trimmer) and it decided to let go where I patched it once already. So cut back the ends and spliced it back together. Then ran out of string (of course I did) and had to stop and restring it. No mower and the way the ground is so uneven around here not sure a mower would be a huge advantage anyway. Cleared the driveway all around the truck around 4-6ft wide around it, cleared a path around 5-6ft wide up the driveway to the house. Still have more to do. Pulled some of the shitty mint weeds, perilla mint I think it's called.

The trimmer struggles, between being a single string electric model and some of the grass here. Some might be from hay seeds? Best I can describe it is bastard grass. Looks like grass but when you cut it down close it gets rather chewy and the trimmer can barely handle it. Which makes for hours of weed whacking. Uses that .065 string which I think is some of the thinnest on the market.

Currently using stihl brand string but it's basic round profile. Found some stuff on amazon since I'm about out of string. Arnold maxi-edge or some damn thing, supposed to have a 6 edged profile and be decent for taller grass. We'll see. I saw two listings for it, same stuff, same brand, both .065". One was 10.40 something, the other was 10.70 something. So opened both listings to see what the difference was. One was 220ft of string, the other 440ft. Twice the string for like 35 cents? Yes please. lol.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I am actually going to see if they sell thicker stuff when I need to buy a roll. This has lasted me since the last trimmer. I have the Auto Feed so you just bounce it to add line and filling is a breeze. Line up the Arrows and push 10 or so feet thru then wind it up.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well the trimmer string was no match for the grass in the garden just inside the gate. Chewed the string, snapped it off twice and it heated up and welded to itself a few times. Wimpy ass trimmer. Have to wait to get the new string, see if it can handle it. Had to pull up some plants, vine borers got the patty pan, the one wilty zucchini just pulled up at ground level. Hadn't flowered or made fruit in weeks. Out it went. Did get half a dozen ears of corn though. Kernels look normal but the ears are real skinny. Maybe different variety than I'm used to.

Also managed to get some pics of the sunflowers before any more break.

The smaller one is blooming already.
1628133043416.png

And the larger ones, the perspective is hard to get in the camera. The next largest is around 9ft, the biggest one is right about at 10ft. That's the one that snapped and bandaged it back together. Has blossoms on both. The 2nd largest it's hard to see the flower but it appears bright reddish orange. Can faintly see it in the background of the smaller yellow one. I'm not tall enough to get the camera up high enough to snap a photo down without a ladder lol.

1628133197465.jpeg

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So while cutting the lawns with no rain in the Forecast it was drizzling on me~!

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well the trimmer string was no match for the grass in the garden just inside the gate. Chewed the string, snapped it off twice and it heated up and welded to itself a few times. Wimpy ass trimmer. Have to wait to get the new string, see if it can handle it. Had to pull up some plants, vine borers got the patty pan, the one wilty zucchini just pulled up at ground level. Hadn't flowered or made fruit in weeks. Out it went. Did get half a dozen ears of corn though. Kernels look normal but the ears are real skinny. Maybe different variety than I'm used to.

Also managed to get some pics of the sunflowers before any more break.

The smaller one is blooming already.
View attachment 184883

And the larger ones, the perspective is hard to get in the camera. The next largest is around 9ft, the biggest one is right about at 10ft. That's the one that snapped and bandaged it back together. Has blossoms on both. The 2nd largest it's hard to see the flower but it appears bright reddish orange. Can faintly see it in the background of the smaller yellow one. I'm not tall enough to get the camera up high enough to snap a photo down without a ladder lol.

View attachment 184884
"... vine borers got the patty pan"

A long time ago I started a real garden at my aunt's house, where I lived for a year after moving home from Dallas. I had 45 things growing. I used an old Rodale book on organic gardening, left to me by my mom. It had tips on companion planting to foil plant pests. I wish I could remember what I planted to keep borers off the gourds I grew, but it really worked. I never sprayed with any pesticide, but that gourd vine (which is squash family) took over a fence and produced huge, beautiful healthy gourds. Our neighbors on the other side of the fence asked if they could have some, to make decorative pieces, and I said yes of course, anything growing on their side was theirs. It was insane, the most fun thing I ever grew. If I can find that old Rodale book, I'll let you know what I planted to keep away the borers.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
"... vine borers got the patty pan"

A long time ago I started a real garden at my aunt's house, where I lived for a year after moving home from Dallas. I had 45 things growing. I used an old Rodale book on organic gardening, left to me by my mom. It had tips on companion planting to foil plant pests. I wish I could remember what I planted to keep borers off the gourds I grew, but it really worked. I never sprayed with any pesticide, but that gourd vine (which is squash family) took over a fence and produced huge, beautiful healthy gourds. Our neighbors on the other side of the fence asked if they could have some, to make decorative pieces, and I said yes of course, anything growing on their side was theirs. It was insane, the most fun thing I ever grew. If I can find that old Rodale book, I'll let you know what I planted to keep away the borers.
If you know anything companion planting to stop aphids id love to know. They are our number 1 herb veg pest here. And the reason im giving up growing many things.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Speaking of coffee. Im mostly decaf now, yeah I know pretty horrifying.
My misses is a full on caffeine addict, she's Italian so the average coffee is nothing to her.
But in the past month decaf is scarce. All our supermarkets here are "this product is unavailable and out of stock". Im pretty amazed the kick caf gives after yrs having it then going decaf. Had a full one yesterday and it was like I had just taken some kind of hype up chipmunk drug! Was quite amazing to be honest feeling what it does after not having it. It definitely is a drug.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I start everyday with at least 3-4 cups of High Octane Coffee~!
I used to have 2 every morning. As well as drinking 500ml cans of caff and ginseng sodas. They were ultra hype up stuff. Being married to who I also had Italian percolated ones as well.
But got told after a check up, dial it all back. So I did. I get why I was told to.
I do feel better though to be honest. I still love the taste though so drink Moccona Decaf. Still has a little caf. Just minus the chipmunk high! :giggle:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I had a red Bull one time and never again. Too much for me. Although my coffee is Perked in a Glass Percolator and strong it doesn't hype me up. Just makes me wake up. I rarely drink coffee passed 11AM or so except an Espresso after dinner on occasion.

VU Sponsors