Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
8666908_22593.gif

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
😐 Morning. Waiting, ... maybe I work, maybe I don't. Don't give a f**k either way any more really. Yes, want to earn money to help us. Same time aware we've got more ground to cover than what we could.

F**k education costing so much, greedy pi**ers taking advantage of young kids looking to get educated and have better jobs (just over broke). Wife was never advised of Pell grants even with her dad having served Army 40 years. Instead she was advised to take a loan from Fanie Mack (sic?), who apparently gives kick backs for the "referral".

Unfortunately, no matter my ranting no change or recourse is offered. So care or not, well it doesn't matter. Ergo don't give a f**k if I work, or not.

And no this isn't about me resenting my wife being educated. Not at all. It's about again, greed and it's muti-flora rose type of tentacles dragging all down.

I'm glad my wife is educated, even if only an associates in liberal arts. At least I can converse with her and she can understand me. Though sometimes she calls me professor. *chuckles*

Last edited:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Right, makes sense then. There I go better minding myself.
No, if I got the link right. Don't do that! Im more than happy to learn anything.
Yeah I see myself that way but am more than happy to learn anything.
My father when I was a kid and asked him "where are we from?" Told me and I was more than happy to hear our history from Scotland his side and then from my Mother's.
They were proud of their heritage as well as what and who they were now, then.
I am of the same mind. I respect my past and respect who I am and now.
Unfortunately here in Oz so many dis themselves from their heritage and history like its something to be ashamed of because some who came here treated Aborigines badly. Not all did that, some did but not all. Some did that in every country that others went to, yours, India, Africa everywhere. So what others did as dogs, that wasn't my heritage and wasn't all others. Why should I hate my heritage because of what other pigs did!? I don't, nobody from my past to present treated anyone bad, Aborigines or anyone. My Family history has no apologies to make to anyone.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Why should I hate my heritage because of what other pigs did!? I don't, nobody from my past to present treated anyone bad, Aborigines or anyone. My Family history has no apologies to make to anyone.

Can agree with you on this. Never have accepted the whole "sins of the father" bit. Though presently, you're in the realm of being Statist. The State is your nanny. Now, if I am wrong in how I read you, sorry.

What I had intended wasn't about history though in a sense perhaps. It was more of what is going on currently. Your comment that dogs if pushed bite. I said mind the eyes out of caution.

Probably is better off self censoring to point of not speaking. Again fear as a weapon by the greedy can go unf**k itself, it's not worth a f**k. Why waste words then? Only gives it power.

Here's a good 'un. We all know evil is there. It uses media to garner power. Bah! Let's take that power away. We can kick evil to an oubliette & see life go on.

Last edited:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Can agree with you on this. Never have accepted the whole "sins of the father" bit. Though presently, you're in the realm of being Statist. The State is your nanny. Now, if I am wrong in how I read you, sorry.

What I had intended wasn't about history though in a sense perhaps. It was more of what is going on currently. Your comment that dogs if pushed bite. I said mind the eyes out of caution.

Probably is better off self censoring to point of not speaking. Again fear as a weapon by the greedy can go unf**k itself, it's not worth a f**k. Why waste words then? Only gives it power.

Here's a good 'un. We all know evil is there. It uses media to garner power. Bah! Let's take that power away. We can kick evil to an oubliette & see life go on.
Ahh, im with you now. 👍

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I have to thank those of you who rave about Dollar Tree's coffee. Hubbs ran out the other day, and I told him that several of you swear by that Breakfast Blend that Dollar Tree has. He went and bought four pouches of it, and he really likes it. I tasted his coffee yesterday and it was pretty darn good. Only thing is, he likes his coffee quite a bit weaker than I do, but I could still tell that the coffee itself has a very good flavor.

I asked him this morning if he liked it enough to make a deliberate stop at DT for it. He said that he did, so I think he's a convert!

Thanks guys!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have to thank those of you who rave about Dollar Tree's coffee. Hubbs ran out the other day, and I told him that several of you swear by that Breakfast Blend that Dollar Tree has. He went and bought four pouches of it, and he really likes it. I tasted his coffee yesterday and it was pretty darn good. Only thing is, he likes his coffee quite a bit weaker than I do, but I could still tell that the coffee itself has a very good flavor.

I asked him this morning if he liked it enough to make a deliberate stop at DT for it. He said that he did, so I think he's a convert!

Thanks guys!

You very welcome~! 99.9% of the people I tell agree it is good. If you like flavored coffee they have Hazelnut and French Vanilla also.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
You very welcome~! 99.9% of the people I tell agree it is good. If you like flavored coffee they have Hazelnut and French Vanilla also.

I REALLY like Hazelnut coffee. French Vanilla is nothing to sneeze at, but Hazelnut makes me very happy. I'll have to get him to pick up a couple of bags of Hazelnut for me.

Oh and just as a point of comparison, an entire can of Dollar General's Dark Roast that comes in (I think) 10.5 oz cans for $3.50 will fit in hubbs' canister that he keeps his coffee sealed in. Of two pouches from DT, equal to 12 oz, for $2.00, he had between 1/3 and 1/2 of a package that wouldn't fit in the canister. I think Dollar General might be skimping on that 10.5 oz can a little bit. It's either that, or the DT bags are a tad more than 6 oz each.

Dollar General is sneaky that way - they pretend to have better prices on things, but often when you compare weight (say on Little Debbie snacks, for example, or Ritz crackers) the DG box doesn't weigh as much or has fewer cakes/crackers in it than the regular boxes that other stores carry. Pissed me off but good when I realized that.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Got a call for work starting at 6 A. The call came at 6:30. We're a half hour from the location.

Declined the job. I'm not going to feel rushed, frustrated and besides that push my wife to get me there. She has to be up and going to work an hour away at 7 A. Her & her sis need there by 8.

Told wife, "I just grew a spine and a bit of self respect. Cannot control their system, or someone calling last minute. Can control my reaction. So, I declined it out of self respect."

She replied, "Well, you're not obligated to take every job. It's fine, I understand your point and agree."

Got a call then a bit later for a job at 3 P. Took that one as I can get FIL to run me in. She'll be off her work and get me after my shift ends. No frustration, no anxiety, just go in do the work. Eventually they'll a) fix their system, b) fix abusive employees calling off last minute. That's their job as the "bosses", not mine to pick up all the slack simply to "make 'em look good".

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I REALLY like Hazelnut coffee. French Vanilla is nothing to sneeze at, but Hazelnut makes me very happy. I'll have to get him to pick up a couple of bags of Hazelnut for me.

Oh and just as a point of comparison, an entire can of Dollar General's Dark Roast that comes in (I think) 10.5 oz cans for $3.50 will fit in hubbs' canister that he keeps his coffee sealed in. Of two pouches from DT, equal to 12 oz, for $2.00, he had between 1/3 and 1/2 of a package that wouldn't fit in the canister. I think Dollar General might be skimping on that 10.5 oz can a little bit. It's either that, or the DT bags are a tad more than 6 oz each.

Dollar General is sneaky that way - they pretend to have better prices on things, but often when you compare weight (say on Little Debbie snacks, for example, or Ritz crackers) the DG box doesn't weigh as much or has fewer cakes/crackers in it than the regular boxes that other stores carry. Pissed me off but good when I realized that.

I put 3 packages in a 24 Oz. Maxwell House container and have to pack it down. Probably the grind isn't as fine?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I put 3 packages in a 24 Oz. Maxwell House container and have to pack it down. Probably the grind isn't as fine?

Could be. Good point. For a drip coffeemaker, the grind doesn't need to be really fine, or for a percolator, for that matter. I'd prefer not to have microscopic little chewy bits in the bottom of my cup of coffee.

This espresso grind that I use in the K-cup machine is like that. The last swallow always stays in the cup, because it's a little bit gritty, and I can't abide it!

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Got a call for work starting at 6 A. The call came at 6:30. We're a half hour from the location.

Declined the job. I'm not going to feel rushed, frustrated and besides that push my wife to get me there. She has to be up and going to work an hour away at 7 A. Her & her sis need there by 8.

Told wife, "I just grew a spine and a bit of self respect. Cannot control their system, or someone calling last minute. Can control my reaction. So, I declined it out of self respect."

She replied, "Well, you're not obligated to take every job. It's fine, I understand your point and agree."

Got a call then a bit later for a job at 3 P. Took that one as I can get FIL to run me in. She'll be off her work and get me after my shift ends. No frustration, no anxiety, just go in do the work. Eventually they'll a) fix their system, b) fix abusive employees calling off last minute. That's their job as the "bosses", not mine to pick up all the slack simply to "make 'em look good".
Absolutely, be yourself, honorable.
Do that and you can always hold your head up high bro 👍 :) regardless of others.
Thats what matters, nothing else.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Spoke with mom last night. She was telling me of nurses of 20 + years or so walking off of jobs. They are being told to vaccinate or lose a job.

What these nurses are seeing "live & on the ground", perfectly otherwise reasonably healthy folks getting vaccinated. They then, develop Covid. They're seeing folks that were vaccinated wind up in ICU wards from Covid.

Mom also mentioned that last year there was no real discussion of simple deaths by common flu. The one nurse she knows real well, I do too, Bon--- , had charge over three elderly patients. The admin from the hospital ruled all three died from Covid or related complications. Bon--- knew that two were simply dead from it being old age, just their time to pass.

She said that some of the nurses saw a lawyer. The lawyer is working in conjunction with others. They're filing suits for discrimination & coercion. Me and mom agreed, this will get a lot worse before it gets better. We also realized there's not much discussion over deaths from drunk drivers, all rolled up as Covid deaths. *smh*

Now, tell me again greed isn't using fear as a weapon. Sorry, I think even a preschool child could see the truth.

And I still wonder, if this disease is so bad, why are they not incinerating the corpses immediately and disregarding family/religious edicts? I mean if that "bad" then you'd want to cleanse the bad stuff away, quick as you could, leaving corpses rife with it to linger could only keep it spreading. It's a matter of public health.

Anyway, what do I know? I'm just a dumb hillbilly.

Most hillbillies are quite canny. Power Twin form of a knock on head.
giphy.gif

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
No, I agree totally with what you said and the Corona Wuhan Flu is not what it was when she caught it because of the Murderer Andrew Cuomo. My friend recently went into the Hospital for a Heart Issue and all of a sudden he has Covid? He had no symptom before going to the Hospital and when he came home after receiving NO Treatment for it, he got symptoms. Think he got from the Test?

He either got it from the test or from shedding from the vaxxed. This entire thing is crazy.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Hey @Smigo what is a good Metal Detector to purchase? Looking into them right now.
Hi. What are you going to hunt for? Coins and relics or gold? By far Minelab brand is the best.
Let me know what you want to look for.

I went out yesterday. Beautiful day. Light breeze, bush flowers starting to come out everywhere, nobody in sight. Perfect.
Thats my Minelab GPX 5000 sitting on the back. Its an awesome machine, but really best for gold.
IMG_20210922_124422_288~2.jpg
This is where I was hunting, near a small run the old timers worked.
DIGS.jpg
I got these 2 tiny bits from there. GOLD.jpg

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hi. What are you going to hunt for? Coins and relics or gold? By far Minelab brand is the best.

I went out yesterday. Beautiful day. Light breeze, bush flowers starting to come out everywhere, nobody in sight. Perfect.
Thats my Minelab GPX 5000 sitting on the back. Its an awesome machine, but really best for gold.
View attachment 186501
View attachment 186502
I got these 2 tiny bits from there. View attachment 186503

I am looking at the RM Ricomax GC-1037

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I am looking at the RM Ricomax GC-1037
Iv never heard of that brand before. But after doing a search looking at reviews and watching a video on it it seems to get the thumbs up for its price range.
Great hobby mate. I used to do a lot of coin and relic hunting on old now gone home sites on the goldfields. A bit of beach detecting too when we lived in Queensland.
You just never know what you'll find. Great feeling when its something good. 👍
For a little more you could get the Minelab Vanquish. Id back it being a lot better. Minelabs r&d and electronics are second to none.
vanquish-340-carton_front.jpg

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It doesn't have Pinpoint mode though. Just something I got a bug for last night and still in research and decision mode.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

View attachment 186501
View attachment 186502
I got these 2 tiny bits from there. View attachment 186503
I get a wonderful feeling just from looking at the woodlands in your photos. Intoxicating.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Supposed to rain here but just windy as shit all day. Fucking with Verizon last night and Call Forwarding would not enable on Moms phone. Today I try to call when I was out and it was fucking working? Had to disable it when I got back home and I find the Keypad on the Kitchen Wall Phone stopped working~! So off to the Local PC Richards for a new phone and I didn't realize I bought the exact same one.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I get a wonderful feeling just from looking at the woodlands in your photos. Intoxicating.
Its starting to look really nice now. These orchids were everywhere, hundreds. They're very small but when the sunlight hits them they look stunning.
ORCHID.jpg
These are out too. The Pepper plant. You squash the yellow buds and it smells exactly like black pepper.
PEPPER.jpg

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
@SteveS45
This sites good. Especially being US based. Join up and ask away on how good certain ones are that your looking at. I used to get on there myself yrs ago. Good because there's all brands there and users of them all.
This section might be where you'd be best asking there.

Last edited:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Thanks but no results found as a Guest
No worries. I tried to log in but as my email is different from the one I had about 15 to 20 yrs ago when I joined I couldn't log in. I sent a request so should hear back later today maybe. When I do ill ask about that one your looking at and what is considered the best in that similar price range.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Already got called at about 20 after 5. It was for a 6 to 2 shift 30 minutes away. I might have gotten there on time. Point is though, know my wife needs to run to Fairplain to fuel up this morn. That's in the opposite direction by about 5 miles or so.

May not seem much but even a few minutes can lead to crunching time. And she's not going to have time to run me to work, then get back here and leave by 7. They need to be in Parkersburg by 8 and that's a 45 minute to hour drive. Yes, even going 90 mph on interstate. The limit is 70.

No, not going to do that to me, us. Not worth the anxiety, stress. Instead I'll wait for a likely call for a 3 to 11 shift down in town at the high school. The guy I been substituting for has a sick daughter. So, he's been out due to that. He called the guy I worked with last night, said he'd be out again today. I was told "see you tomorrow."

So, waiting on that call. Yeeha. In other current affairs, my niece in VA tested positive for Covid. My mom, brother and her are all now quarantined. We're waiting here to see if we're still going down the weekend of the 7th, Oct.. Wife has us a mini-vacation planned that would see us leave from there that Monday afternoon. As said though, waiting to be sure.

My niece was still under 10 years when I last saw her. She's now 15. Don't get a lot of time to go see family. Bit of a regret on my part. At the same time, well, life. Besides that I'm kind of around another aspect of family. Joyfully lucky me is still a silent head of three households.

Found that out the other day as her dad took me to work. "Barn, you're doing alright by us," he said out of the blue. I sighed.

"Doesn't feel it at times," I told him.

"Hard to say sometimes, simply because well you do that good. Pride, Barn. We got it in you and what little in ourselves we have can feel hurt. But yes, you're doing good. Keep it going," He tossed back.

He knew that was how it was being set up by his dad. His dad made it pretty clear. The slop that's my wife's brother in law also did.

*sighs* Oh, to be the better person. *chuckles*

And I've learned that yes, I can do the Jedi/Matrix trick. The world bends around me. It breathes and draws its heartbeat from and with me. People go silent as I even start to open my mouth to speak. People go silent when I come in frustrated and exerted to point of stroke at work. They wait on me, they know I'll get it back in line.

Yeah, that's the "sh*t" I can do. *chuckles* "No."

They know that I don't just wield power, I am power. And no, that's not bravado or arrogance. I've seen, felt, heard, known it from others in my realm. And a good number of them don't "just say" or "act" in ways like that without merit/warrant.

It's a responsibility I don't take lightly.

Last edited:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Thanks but no results found as a Guest
Couldn't log in so rejoined mate.
Watch this thread for replies.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I even secretly got @SteveS45 wound up about metal detecting. Muhahaha! My ingenious plan worked well, just like planned. But yes, I honestly was in search of some kind of hobby myself.

Not gotten keen yet on metal detecting. Still may just not had a chance to "get there". @SteveS45 though has the time, can though. More power to him too. Muhaha! Got him started as he saw @Smigo suggest it to me, and speak on it some here.

Takes it to know it, knew @SteveS45 needed "something more" to enjoy. I observe, recall, respect, venerate. Always got to spread love. World is too full of hate, darkness.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I even secretly got @SteveS45 wound up about metal detecting. Muhahaha! My ingenious plan worked well, just like planned. But yes, I honestly was in search of some kind of hobby myself.

Not gotten keen yet on metal detecting. Still may just not had a chance to "get there". @SteveS45 though has the time, can though. More power to him too. Muhaha! Got him started as he saw @Smigo suggest it to me, and speak on it some here.

Takes it to know it, knew @SteveS45 needed "something more" to enjoy. I observe, recall, respect, venerate. Always got to spread love. World is too full of hate, darkness.

No, it wasn't you! I watched a video where a young boy used his 1st metal detector in a Pond that was dried up due to Drought and he found a Wedding Ring. Posted it on FB and the owner claimed it.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No, it wasn't you! I watched a video where a young boy used his 1st metal detector in a Pond that was dried up due to Drought and he found a Wedding Ring. Posted it on FB and the owner claimed it.

Ah well that's cool too. Funny how coincidences work out. *grin* Just odd a week or so before I was asking about hobbies.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Keep your eye on that thread I started there, there are some good people on that forum with lots of info and knowledge.
Its an amazing hobby. I worked in it for years here too.
Now its back to hobby for me but still a great love of mine. Takes you away from all the cares in the world. I knew quite a few ex soldiers from Vietnam and Afghanistan when I worked in it, they were looking for something to, I think take their mind off things. Reconnect with something. I don't know what, but something. I introduced them to detecting and gave them lessons, took them out bush. They fell in love with it. It was like they found something they had lost. I can't explain it any better than that. I think they are my best memories from my time working in it.
Hey, it keeps me sane im sure.
Well, partially :);)
My misses may question that though.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Keep your eye on that thread I started there, there are some good people on that forum with lots of info and knowledge.
Its an amazing hobby. I worked in it for years here too.
Now its back to hobby for me but still a great love of mine. Takes you away from all the cares in the world. I knew quite a few ex soldiers from Vietnam and Afghanistan when I worked in it, they were looking for something to, I think take their mind off things. Reconnect with something. I don't know what, but something. I introduced them to detecting and gave them lessons, took them out bush. They fell in love with it. It was like they found something they had lost. I can't explain it any better than that. I think they are my best memories from my time working in it.
Hey, it keeps me sane im sure.
Well, partially :);)
My misses may question that though.

I am thinking of joining~!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I signed up and looking at the Home Page there is a Smoking and Grilling Forum~!

VU Sponsors