Become a Patron!

Vaping on the Front or back Porch

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
@SteveS45
Your in. Good one. Join there Steve, you'll get a wealth of knowledge and help there.
Looking forward to seeing how you go.
Keep the coil a bit above the ground, inch or 2 max. Keep your coil level and the sweep speed even in speed. Hear a target and go off it one way till it doesn't sound and back the same. Dont hover over it. You can narrow that sweep down though pinpointing. Let the detector analyse it. To start you'll dig up all sorts of stuff, good and junk. But after a while you'll build up a target sound recognition and the favour will go towards the good. Some things, depending on their shape and metal composition can be junk and sound good, thats how it goes. There will always be those. My beast gets stooged now and then too. But eventually it will go in favour of the good. Be patient and treat it like anything you have to learn. Once you get there im sure you'll love it.
Good luck. 👍

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
According to the description it has different Modes for different Metals. The thing that I like is it basically comes with everything you need including a shovel and carrying bag.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I used to watch Meteorite Men and watched how they used the detectors. Since I am going to start on the sand the shovel should last a while before it needs to be replaced with a metal one.

Edit: Appears that the shovel is made of metal from pictures in the reviews.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I used to watch Meteorite Men and watched how they used the detectors. Since I am going to start on the sand the shovel should last a while before it needs to be replaced with a metal one.

Edit: Appears that the shovel is made of metal from pictures in the reviews.
Ahh. Is it one of those beach ones with holes to wash out the sand leaving the find in it?
We used to sell those from Whites Metal Detectors which we stocked amongst others, yellow sand scoops. Any plastic trowel will do too. Easy to carry and so light you dont notice.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ahh. Is it one of those beach ones with holes to wash out the sand leaving the find in it?
We used to sell those from Whites Metal Detectors which we stocked amongst others, yellow sand scoops. Any plastic trowel will do too. Easy to carry and so light you dont notice.

Not that I can see.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Damn with the Coupon I paid $124.91~! Walmart is $175 and KMart is $236.87~! Damn~!
No drama's. You can always have that shovel for hunting other places. I keep one like that in my car for when needed. For sure it'll come in handy. Places inland and such. Its no prob. Any good hardware place will have a plastic trowels cheap as.
You can still use it on beaches.
Hear a target. Dig it out. Check the hole. If sound is still there, dig out some more and place what you just dug out to the side of the rest. Check. If its out just use the plastic trowel or your hand to check.
I use a metal medium metal hand pick as you see in the picture. I use 2 coils, but depending on the depth, my 15 inch coil is open web. With that I dig out and check then use my hand as I cant drop the dirt and gravel on it without half falling through. The coil in that picture is a solid 12 inch which I can drop the dirt onto. I use that in shallow ground.
The smaller 12 is a killer on small gold and a pleasure to use.
The bigger 15 inch open web, open is better when bigger as they are lighter. But can be noisier due to the open web design having less shielding. Shielding from mineralisation.
Closed are super quiet.
I love the 12 inch. But the 15 goes deeper on targets.
But back to it. You won't have that issue in the US like we do with mineralisation.
We have here the most insane iron mineralisation in the world in Oz.
Thats why Minelab are King. They work here, they cruise everywhere else.
When I worked, companies like Whites US, Garrett US came here trying gold detectors. They freaked out of their minds when they came here thinking they had better. Ours went easy twice as deep and near ignored the mineralisation. Theirs gave false signals everywhere.
I was present at many of their failed tests.
But, their machines worked good in your home soils. As good as ours there? No.
But we are talking gold detectors. Which I use. Our goldies kick butt the world over.
My 5000, with a coil my mate made for me rules the roost. Minelab have made 2 other models after my 5000 but it still is king with the coils he made.
But hey. Dont worry about what you got. That shovel will come in handy. Get a plastic trowel or small plastic shovel that can hold a couple or few handfulls of dirt or sand and just drill some holes in it so on the beach if near water you can rinse the sand out and leave your find in it.
Don't regret your buy. That shovel will come in handy on an old homesite long gone or some inland place that the plastic wont cut it to dig. Get if you do one day decide to do inland a small pick. Nothing beats them.
Nothing worse when detecting than getting a mongrel to get out target and not being able to because you don't have what you need. You may just need it a few times but I can assure you, you'll be grateful you have it.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
From looking at reviews and videos users have posted it appears to be metal and is also a pick axe~!

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
First thing I will try is to find a pair of missing glasses I lost~! LMAO
Best advice above all else. Back yourself. (Not sure if that's a US saying, is here) but get out there, think positive, and go for it. 👍
Hey, who knows, you may even find your glasses.
My luck if mine, unbeknownst, they'd be plastic with ceramic scews!

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Best advice above all else. Back yourself. (Not sure if that's a US saying, is here) but get out there, think positive, and go for it. 👍
Hey, who knows, you may even find your glasses.
My luck if mine, unbeknownst, they'd be plastic with ceramic scews!

They were/are Titanium~! Hope it picks it up.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
From watching Meteorite Men I know to dig and scan the hole if no more tone scan the pile of soil.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Funny I just watched a video and the person did not have the cable wrapped around the post~! Clicked out since that right there shows he did not assemble it correctly.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Funny I just watched a video and the person did not have the cable wrapped around the post~! Clicked out since that right there shows he did not assemble it correctly.
Absolutely. The best way is. Above the knuckle section you can wind it around no probs. Below it keep it minimal. And never let the lead be loose there. If loose it can give false signals and interference. Just allow at the base enough slack to move the coil from flat like there to the bottom and facing forward. That way you can position it when looking on angles
Here is mine. But it applies to all.
Lower section with the 12 inch coil.
IMG_20210925_002859_187~2.jpg
Top section.
IMG_20210925_002928_296~2.jpg
I have a swing arm on it as its a big rig and gives ultimate control detecting sides of mounds and sides of surfaced areas. Less fatigue.
IMG_20210925_002940_845~2.jpg
Has as you can see a bungy cord to take the weight and even it out.
It looks long and it is. The further the coil is away from you, thats for a gold detector with ultra sensitivity, the better. Makes a huge difference.
It has a custom wooden handle too, they come with a stupid plastic one. The green button is the auto ground track button. Hold it and pump the coil and it adjusts to the worst ground. I have the handle wrapped with a rubber tennis racket wrap. Good grip in summer sweaty heat.
The battery, an 8 volt lithium, goes in this back pack with the headphones connected.

IMG_20210925_003041_720~2.jpg
The battery. It uses a lot of power compared to a VLF detector. This will give just 1 day use with a bit to spare. You wouldn't run it flat in 1 day but you wouldn't get 2 out of it.
I wrap it to protect from knocks and accidental drops taking the pack off.
Typically a Vlf will run for a good week on 4 to 8 alkalines.
IMG_20210925_003156_069~2.jpg
The 15 inch coil. Brilliant in deep ground.
IMG_20210925_003301_326~2.jpg
I'll dig, pun intended, some stuff out that iv still got and have found over the years in the next few days and show. Not all metal either. You can come across some amazing stuff.
Awesome hobby.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Trust me I know how to install communication cables and harnesses from my years of working with Automotive Vehicles, Marine and IT. I am curious and looking if there is any 100-200 year old property I can prospect on. I was curious about New York State and Gold/Silver so I found out there is a Law from 200 years ago that any you find belongs to the State~! Fuck Them if I find Gold left by the Glaciers it is Mine~!

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Here's some stuff I come across when out.IMG_20210925_120404_306~2 (1).jpg
Found this little ink pot when digging out a target. I love it as its from the 1800s and has the makers fingerprint on it.
IMG_20210925_100426_640~2 (1).jpg
I saw just the top of this with the spoon in it sticking out of the ground. Got covered over where it was left at an old diggers camp site.
IMG_20210925_094223_063~2 (1).jpg
Saw this lantern hanging on the wall of an old mine shaft, about 30 feet in. Was iffing and arring whether to go in or not as much had collapsed and looked dodgy. I walked away from it twice but eventually bit the bullet and got it. IMG_20210925_093715_258~2 (1).jpg
Found these, Davis Vegetable Painkiller, bottles when I was searching some old golfield ruins.
IMG_20210925_114830_786~2.jpg
IMG_20210925_114910_822~2 (1).jpg
Some old clay pipes found when detecting old leads.
IMG_20210925_094111_177~3 (1).jpg
I love finding specimens. This was where it just should not have been given the spot was so popular and hammered.
IMG_20210925_112113_211~2 (1).jpg
This is my most curious find. It appears to be a tiny seal or something. I could be wrong but the writing is in reverse I believe. I can make out 2 words I think. Liberte and Fidele? Nobody has ever been able to identify it. Coin collectors or anyone.IMG_20210925_120727_847~3 (1).jpg
This side seemed, for something so tiny, to have an intricate what looks like a tree trunk with vines and leaves. Has always fascinated and intrigued me.
IMG_20210925_120714_448~4.jpg

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
good-morning-saturday.gif

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

*sits in socks & skivies, lightly swats the tv, speaks in soft and very practiced quiet low growling tone* "Saturday morning old school violent and down right not politically correct cartoons you silly git!" *goes grrr*

"Hm, bet I can't get it to tune in Marxx Brothers, Three Stooges, Laurel & Hardy, either"

*starts picking up the throw pillows and gently tossing them about at random*

*looks up noting people, snorts, gets up and ducks into another room, returns with some sweat shorts on* "Razzafrazzing cursed useless Saturdays any more. I tell you they need to bring back our toons."

"Toons taught us everything, man. For instance we learned the laws of physics from Willi E. Coyote & Roadrunner. We learned all the ways a piano could fall from ten stories from Rocky & Bullwinkle."

"Most of all we learned, ..."

"Here I come to save the day! Mighty Mouse!"

"that our world needs heroes no matter how small."

"Yeah, then you grow up and you're told you're too small to be a hero. Go figure."

Cartoons & slapstick comedy taught me life isn't fair. They also taught me if you're having fun and can laugh, that unfairness doesn't matter. The world can be better if only you laugh at it, and yourself at times. F**k sake, no one gets out alive or so is said. I'll exclude those of us who died and returned here, we're always an exception. So laugh because its a cosmic joke.

Can't laugh, better go unf**k yaself. The world she a bury you in ya own sh*t if ya no laugh and take her as a joke.

Speaking of which, ...

Had been working as a substitute for one guy at our city HS. I was working with his & my buddy Ear--- Wednesday, Thursday. Friday I was called to work as Kat---. That meant I wasn't working as Cor---.

Got to the HS office. Asked the secretary half jokingly, "can I put two work order numbers down, work both spots open, get paid for both?"

Oh she got nasty. "Well Cor--- is working. There's no call off for him. You're here to work as Kat--, you'll only be paid for working as Kat--- so do only that. You're not getting paid, ...Oh well yes Cor-- is called off, it come up just now. How did you? .."

"Ear--- told me he called Thursday night, said his daughter was still sick, needed another day out."

"Well you'll only use ONE job number and ONLY get paid for doing ONE job. So go be Kat---, ONLY!"

"Yes'm. May I have the sub keys now so as to get to my work?"

Again the world bent around me. Everyone in that office went silent. I heard the thoughts though. "Oh no! He just didn't. But um, he did ...oh shi..."

"Okay Ben, yes here's keys you may use. Be sure, ..."

"To put them back in the second drawer on the left hand side as I set looking at your desk from your seat?"

"You sit in my chair?"

"Yes'm, no one is here and I only do so momentarily. I don't answer phones, or take notes."

"Yes, yes Ben put the keys back, thank you. Have a good day working."

"Yes'm." *turned and walked out*

I did Kat---'s work in about 2 hours, usually takes her 8 but I condensed and skipped just a little. (It takes her 8 hours because she's the kind what drags the work out to "ride" the clock. I'm the do a good job effectively, efficently, move to the next job type.)The main thrust of the work got done though and I did get a client "sign off". Then, I went down and did Cor---'s job, helped Ear--- go clean up after the football game.

Told Ear-- I was going to come help him for two reasons. He had treated me good, and it was unexpected, not expected. I had no obligation. But, I have a team. My team knows respect, helping one another. Coor--'s job seemed to drag on. Still got it done in time. I did actually leave at 11 as per schedule.

--^--
ETA: Usually, Kat--'s job runs me 4 hours. I checked the weight room she vacuums the rubber mat floor in. It didn't appear the weight room had seen any serious use for a week. The floor appeared very clean. I didn't bother.

I didn't spot mop, or fully mop the agriculture building either. It was swept, trash out, mats were vacuumed. Bathrooms cleaned and stocked. The one teacher there understood my desire to work the "split" job. He said it was fine as he knew with the game on, people would be in and out of the building until late night

That's why it only took two hours. Me and Ear--- seemed to have some minor issues with our cell phones at the annex building. I phoned my wife just to see if that aspect worked. It did. Ear--- told me and by extension my wife I didn't need to come work at the annex, he had only asked. I told him he knew I would without even needing to ask.

He chuckled and nodded. We realized we had the "same cloth run through us". Both of us have worked with a few of the old school crew there as well at other work. He understood my doing the "unexpected" too. What are they going to do, fire me for "getting" my team "over"? As was originally said in 'Nam, "f**k 'em they can't take a joke."

And yeah, I'm the type of guy ...

Shortly after this scene is another. The Spartan character confers with Brass on running an operation. He says he'll need $5,000 in cash. A finance sectary approaches with clipboard "Sign this and here's your money."

"Sign for me."

The Spartan character through the movie is called Bob, Robert, John, Jim. There's no accurate rank given to him. He's gone beyond having a need of ranked. Figure his last official rank was colonel, In his position he's a "Nobody", one of the few crew that "Nobody does everything."

Find myself being relegated to being nobody too. I'm often going around doing nothing but everything. I don't sign stuff, I don't answer phones, talk on radios, people send secretaries & envoys to find me, convey what needs done in the immediate. I go and do, then keep on going and doing.

The "bosses" cannot keep up with me, nor can their secretaries, but the secretaries are paid to locate and message me. I laugh as the teachers in the schools tell me, "I never see you around but I know you're right there." I often retort with "Yes, I'm everywhere and nowhere, that's my job."

Yeah, too small to be a hero, yet if I let up in the least the world crumbles. Go figure that, too. *chuckles*
--;--

So yeah, it was funny Friday night. :)

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Get to church all you book flock! Yes, that means you synagogue & scroll flock, Quran flock too. All you flocking flock need to go to church, now get the flock on! Yha! Keep it moving, on to church with youse!

Don't be out and about with the devils like me.

Sorry. Figure though those who follow a Way, should be where they teach a Way. I had thought of the book of Timothy and my Pap. Looked over Timothy, saw my Pap lived better than it.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
There is a Dollar General but I don't go to it because it is in a shitty neighborhood in Queens.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
There is a Dollar General but I don't go to it because it is in a shitty neighborhood in Queens.

Hear that, gotta watch those shifty neighborhoods. They can shift into shires rather easily. They call it gentrification I think. ;) :)

Nah, I know nuttin' 'bout urbanization. Jus' know I ain't livin' in no city what that I can avoid it. Fart in your bathroom and the neighbor three houses over calls you to complain of the noise.

Tell me it ain't that bad in some places. Fine, some places maybe not. Don't tell me there's not places that bad though.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This may be considered too much information, desire expressing & sharing it anyway. My rationale for that desire is two fold. I need to affirm it, it just needs said. Secondly, it may facilitate a bit more understanding among those I consider friends.

I woke having a fantasy dream this morning. In this dream I was being spooned in a mans arms whilst becoming awake. I was loving the feeling/s of it. Felt a deep warmth from it physically, emotionally, spiritually, mentally. Yes, I have a wife. I though as is said can "play for both teams". It has been quite a while since I've been with a man.

So yeah that dream comes "my way" every so often of a morning as I jostle awake. Then, reality gradually creeps in. No, it isn't a case of I don't love my wife, or don't desire her. I do love & desire her. She's a lovely being in all the ways she needs to be. She though has no desire to assist in the reality of things. I will not and do not want to change that in her.

Still though here I am feeling that dream. *sighs* Then, waking to the reality. It can be disappointing, frustrating. Maybe some day society will agree with me. We can all have a husband and wife if we choose, or a husband, or wife. Who we love and enjoy sex with ought not be an issue of hate, fear, prohibition simply because well some doctrine born of ignorance says so.

If any of this offends you. Feel free to not count yourself as a friend. You can even please ignore my writing, posting here if you rather too. I'll not be offended or take umbrage. To me friends understand and accept. If you're not willing to try doing those things, I don't want your friendship. Thanks but no.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
After I have a full tank of Caffeine I am off to

View attachment 186590
I like all of the dollar stores, Dollar Tree, Dollar General, Family Dollar, and actually I think of Big Lots as a dollar store. All of them have unexpected kinds of inventory, and the price advantage isn't just hype. They're big, but not intimidating all day walk around big box type places.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This may be considered too much information, desire expressing & sharing it anyway. My rationale for that desire is two fold. I need to affirm it, it just needs said. Secondly, it may facilitate a bit more understanding among those I consider friends.

I woke having a fantasy dream this morning. In this dream I was being spooned in a mans arms whilst becoming awake. I was loving the feeling/s of it. Felt a deep warmth from it physically, emotionally, spiritually, mentally. Yes, I have a wife. I though as is said can "play for both teams". It has been quite a while since I've been with a man.

So yeah that dream comes "my way" every so often of a morning as I jostle awake. Then, reality gradually creeps in. No, it isn't a case of I don't love my wife, or don't desire her. I do love & desire her. She's a lovely being in all the ways she needs to be. She though has no desire to assist in the reality of things. I will not and do not want to change that in her.

Still though here I am feeling that dream. *sighs* Then, waking to the reality. It can be disappointing, frustrating. Maybe some day society will agree with me. We can all have a husband and wife if we choose, or a husband, or wife. Who we love and enjoy sex with ought not be an issue of hate, fear, prohibition simply because well some doctrine born of ignorance says so.

If any of this offends you. Feel free to not count yourself as a friend. You can even please ignore my writing, posting here if you rather too. I'll not be offended or take umbrage. To me friends understand and accept. If you're not willing to try doing those things, I don't want your friendship. Thanks but no.
I would say that nobody has replied to your message over these many hours because many don't know what to say.

In a committed relationship, if you're faithful, some of your choices are precluded. That beautiful dream will likely occur from time to time, always, to ask if you are happy or miserable.

I hope you will be more happy than miserable. I guess we all hope that for others, and for ourselves. I never married because I couldn't convince any of my fiances that you can have a marriage with separate residences. I like being engaged though, someone to be with on new years eve, blissfully alone while sprawled with a hangover on new years day.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I like being engaged though, someone to be with on new years eve, blissfully alone while sprawled with a hangover on new years day.

I have been with my Fiance for 30 years now~! When we got engaged we started fighting and called it off. Then deaths in her family we never called it back on but still together living apart. Believe it or not the Fucking Jab drove a wedge between us that we didn't speak for 2 weeks. She called me this morning while I was driving so I guess things are almost back to Corona Normal. Covid is a KILLER~!

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have been with my Fiance for 30 years now~! When we got engaged we started fighting and called it off. Then deaths in her family we never called it back on but still together living apart. Believe it or not the Fucking Jab drove a wedge between us that we didn't speak for 2 weeks. She called me this morning while I was driving so I guess things are almost back to Corona Normal. Covid is a KILLER~!
Well, one of the purposes of the whole Covid narrative that has been imposed on us, with lockdowns, social distancing, masked faces, and now jab mandates, is to divide us into separate camps, set us against each other over opinions, fear and faith, to prevent that human connection that keeps our souls alive.

I would say you are very lucky to be in a long term distanced relationship with one who is in agreement with you over keeping it that way. It's no more or less difficult to maintain that kind of relationship than it is to maintain a shared household relationship.

There is a beautiful Cuban song, "Contigo en la Distancia". It refers not to holding you at a distance, or thinking of you across the distance. It's about being together inside the distance. It was originally about sharing the distance with loved ones separated by arrests, forced labor, and by emigration, but it remains as perfect for those of us who love best while apart.

You are a part of my soul.
Like the sun and the stars,
with you in the distance,
my love,
I am

Cesar Portillo de la Luz, 1922-2013

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
In a committed relationship, if you're faithful, some of your choices are precluded.

Well we are in a faithful relationship but are also open. We do not practice adultery / cheating. Then, we might have a different definition of that than others.

Just not found anyone recently to enjoy for myself of the masculine persuasion. And no I'm not excluding butterfly people. Might like being with someone of that nature.

I would say that nobody has replied to your message over these many hours because many don't know what to say.

Probably right. Often open my yap and kill conversation it seems. As said though just had need to affirm & share. Life will be what it will be.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Two poems I've always liked.

If and Invictus

Used to write some myself at one point. Got away from it. Tried novel writing. Did a 90,000 word horror novel draft. Lost it due to moving and bad choice of storage media.

Not been able to get the writing spark back. Find myself starting on a tale and asking "so what?" Then, all interest in the story is lost. If I cannot stay interested as a writer of it, why expect readers to stay interested?

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My apologies if I made anyone uncomfortable with my posting. Think it illustrates why I have gotten quieter here though. Kind of figured it best to not share a lot of life with others here. Why? Well, we can all observe the reaction, or lack of.

It also conveys a lot about who I thought friends. Sorry I thought so well of people. @SteveS45, I give you a big hug as a friend and step off. I appreciate you reaching out as a friend and yes, I felt that.

So if I'm less talkative here, all over VU, you all will understand.Not trying to be rude, impolite, nasty. In fact the complete opposite. I'm just following the "flow".

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
@MyMagicMist I guess I was at a loss for words, because your situation in that regard I feel is none of my business. It's completely between you and your wife, and whoever else may be involved. When I talk to you, that part of your life is not in my mind because it is not part of the relationship that we have here. I apologize if you were offended by my lack of response, but what I think of when I think of you is more centered around the way you are intellectually. You have a quick mind, which I greatly admire, and to be truthful, that is how I seem to unconsciously choose my real-life friends. Color, religion, and sexuality have nothing to do with it, in my mind. I have friends that are compatible with me because of the way they think.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@MyMagicMist
Me being silent on what you said, is me not knowing what to say, until now.
I've never met such a unique person and I respect you for who you are, also because you say what you want...hope you never change that in you.
We all are totally different from each other and that's what makes life and friendship special. You know that line... You never know whatchya you gonna get out of a box of chocolates, something like that (I know it's not exactly how it was said :facepalm: ) but you know what I mean.
Love and :hug: 's coming your way.

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I apologize if you were offended by my lack of response, but what I think of when I think of you is more centered around the way you are intellectually. You have a quick mind, which I greatly admire, and to be truthful, that is how I seem to unconsciously choose my real-life friends. Color, religion, and sexuality have nothing to do with it, in my mind. I have friends that are compatible with me because of the way they think.
I've never met such a unique person and I respect you for who you are, also because you say what you want...hope you never change that in you.
We all are totally different from each other and that's what makes life and friendship special. You know that line... You never know whatchya you gonna get out of a box of chocolates, something like that (I know it's not exactly how it was said :facepalm: ) but you know what I mean.

And I too apologize. It was not so much being offended as a bit disappointed. Yes, I do say I want. Yes, there's times it can be troublesome. In more ways than simply feeling a bit disappointed as I've mildly stunned others, which seems what you're both saying.

And yes I'm centered intellectually. I'm the Fool in the Tarot deck. We're the kind what always gather up experience yet are always the Raven according to alchemy, a new learner. There was a time when the expression, "jack of all trades, master of none" was considered a great compliment.

Our world suddenly became "specialized" and people value the masters of those specialties more. Yet a master at one thing cannot "think on their feet", solve problems using multi-disciplines. Well, I'm a jack in that sense. :)

That too can be troublesome. I tend upon being a "template" and fit in too well near anywhere, but don't at the same time. So then I wind up disappointed with myself. I do well yet get to a point requiring a team & feel misplaced. My doing well has distanced.

It's the same in life as well. I often feel misplaced, even for simply sharing a facet of me. Thank you all for understanding. I'm still going to be minding myself more so. No point to inadvertently nudge friends away when it's probably best I just stay quiet.

I too strive to not judge others on stereotypes, labels. Though stupid well, we can all fairly clearly see that. We can see evil as well. So, yes thank you for understanding.

VU Sponsors