Become a Patron!

Vaping on the Front or back Porch

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Here's what we use. There's other stuff but good old E04 makes up the mainstay. I use it to wipe off toilets. When I swish the bowls with a brush I use a 5/1 bleach mix, let it set overnight in the bowl. Same with urinals & the "frisbees" are replaced monthly.

I also leave the toilet bowl ring/seats up when I finish. This signals to me I've disinfected, cleaned a toilet, move to the next. It also lets the disinfectant air dry over night to kill whatever is there.

I also wipe down the sinks in restrooms, soap containers, paper towel dispensers. The floor gets sanitized and "bright" mopped with my own mix of E04 and I think its E09. I cannot smell that my bathrooms are clean, no sense of smell, but I do know when I've cleaned one, it's clean.

Others have said I do damn well at cleaning bathrooms. They fear going in to check behind me because I make them worry about their job security. I dare people to check my stuff, they know better.

That's why I'm kind of at a loss. I've instilled that mentality in most of the crew. Then too, it might instill someone with hate enough to bring something in to spread deliberate. Not saying outright that's the case but certainly there's room to speculate.
You shouldn't be at a loss. I don't think any kind of virus or what we know of as viruses can be stopped by cleaning. I don't think it's fully understood, not by us, or by "professionals". I wouldn't rack my brain over it, especially since it appears you're doing all you can do. Our immune system is a funny thing, not fully understood either. I'm certainly no doctor, but I can tell you I know our immune systems don't like overexposure to chemicals either. Like my eczema reaction. That's the immune system working overdrive for what it senses as trouble.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
You shouldn't be at a loss. I don't think any kind of virus or what we know of as viruses can be stopped by cleaning. I don't think it's fully understood, not by us, or by "professionals". I wouldn't rack my brain over it, especially since it appears you're doing all you can do

Oh, I'm not really losing sleep over it. As I said, I can scratch it up to Murphy's Law too. "Shit happens." It is just one of those nagging little things that makes one go, "hmm." And your right "cleaning" is just "moving dirt". We're never really rid of dirt.

And yes, do think we're doing all we can in our schools. Yes I'm sure there's some human error, slack. But by in large our schools are cleaner than local hospitals. Take that for what it's worth, eh? *chuckles* Last I recall of strep too, it was something you got in hospitals. Considering my "testing" was done in the parking lot, no real wonder.

"Ah life she be a funny one, she is." :D

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Oh, I'm not really losing sleep over it. As I said, I can scratch it up to Murphy's Law too. "Shit happens." It is just one of those nagging little things that makes one go, "hmm." And your right "cleaning" is just "moving dirt". We're never really rid of dirt.

And yes, do think we're doing all we can in our schools. Yes I'm sure there's some human error, slack. But by in large our schools are cleaner than local hospitals. Take that for what it's worth, eh? *chuckles* Last I recall of strep too, it was something you got in hospitals. Considering my "testing" was done in the parking lot, no real wonder.

"Ah life she be a funny one, she is." :D
I rarely get sick as well, I think like many adults. But this past couple of weeks I was battling something, and had a sore throat and mega tired...and this affected how I, as a vape noob, was interpreting the quality of my first nic order. Definitely not the nic as it began before I received the order, and it's all yummy now.

I firmly believe my immune system is boosted by excessive hot pepper consumption, :D. Germs don't want any part of this! I also take C,D, and Zinc on the regular.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
I use clorox solution all the time. I don't even buy regular cleaners. 10/1 ratio for kitchen. 5/1 for bathroom.

I use 70% alcohol to clean my desk and keyboard and other small things like razors and such. For that, you MUST let it sit. Alcohol is a very poor disinfectant, but it's mild. HOWEVER, excessive use inflames some mild eczema so I've toned down my use. I use 70% only. 90 dries too quick. And 99% is useless, it dries way too quick, it's for cleaning electronics. If you see someone using more than 70% I'd pass that info on.
i use 100% alcohol, i drink a bottle then i spit into onto my hand and wash myself with it when i chuck up lol

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
7d04a067414b9c207477a633ec81335b.gif

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Found out last night, I won another week off work. Last week off due to having Covid was okay. It was a scheduled week off anyway.

This week I'm off because father in law is now quarantined. I'll have no transportation. I had to go out once last week for a doctoring thing.

Guess he picked up my Covid from that. I was masked the whole time in the car with him. Fortunately, he'd been vaccinated so it didn't hit him so bad.

Last edited:

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Found out last night, I won another week off work. Last week off due to having Covid was okay. It was a scheduled week off anyway.

This week I'm off because father in law is now quarantined. I'll have no transportation. I had to go out once last week for a doctoring thing.

Guess he picked up my Covid from that. I was masked the whole time in the car with him. Fortunately, he'd been vaccinated so it didn't hit him so bad.

Sorry.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Why did you go out if you were under Quarantine? Anytime I take Mom or Dad when he was still alive, they must fill out questionnaires and are not allowed in if have Covid.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Why did you go out if you were under Quarantine? Anytime I take Mom or Dad when he was still alive, they must fill out questionnaires and are not allowed in if have Covid.

Went to the local hospital for a treatment for Covid. I had an infussion session. Got pumped full of antihistamines & antibiotics. All was arranged. I had to stay masked while going to, while at, after coming home. Wasn't like I just got out and went gallivanting around.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Went to the local hospital for a treatment for Covid. I had an infussion session. Got pumped full of antihistamines & antibiotics. All was arranged. I had to stay masked while going to, while at, after coming home. Wasn't like I just got out and went gallivanting around.

I wouldn't think you would but here the freaking State calls to make sure you stay quarantined. Jabbed or not people still get it. And from the beginning they said Masks don't work~!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I wouldn't think you would but here the freaking State calls to make sure you stay quarantined. Jabbed or not people still get it. And from the beginning they said Masks don't work~!

Oh, State health dept. & hospital/clinic called every couple of days for "wellness" checks. Also know they "pinged" our phones without warrant. Know they did it, didn't even bother asking. It's "protocol".

"We're protecting others from you as much as you from others."

I do recall some NBC (Nuclear/Biological/Chemical) training from 30-40 years ago. We're in a state of "soft" Marshall law, not quite Defcon level yet. But I do know that "protocol" is there and being enforced.

Wife didn't go for infusion. She's out of quarantine & back to work today. Asked her a couple hours ago how it was going. She's needing a nap, says entering claim data is being taxing. She will not get any needles if it can be avoided. She nearly passed out once from a nurse badly trying a blood draw on her.

Anyway, plugging on is pretty much all I got. The other option isn't even on the table save just this split second, and it's gone as quick. We're tired, frustrated but we keep going, that's all there is.Tired of that being "all there is". What do you do?

We're Appalachian, ergo it follows what some would consider poor white trash. Not much else "there" for us. So we just muddle through.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Finally sat down since this morning. 1st outing was trying to get my Vehicle Inspected. My Regular Shops machine was down, the backup was too busy, the third backup also had a broken Inspection machine. So I went to an old friend in the business who got when me right in and got her done~! No problems with the truck because I Inspected it on Saturday.

Then I pulled out my Laptop which haven't used in a while and found my Laptop desk that I converted to a Dual Laptop Desk was coming apart. Too much weight on the top.

Then I went over to my GF's to setup her Email Alerts for the NVR Camera System. She was bugging out with me making changes to her Google Account and setting up two step verification to Generate an App Password so the NVR can use SMTP to send email alerts to her. Was nice having Google Support to work with when I was trying to figure out how to make it work for me.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
untill you spill it on their lap!
Lol... I was at an Al-anon meeting with my mom (not by choice, I was young) . I decided to try coffee for the first time. Took a sip, it was hot (duh) and spilled it all over my lap. LOL.
This isn't the reason I don't like coffee, I didn't like the taste. I was in my 20s and tried coffee again, nope, still didn't like the taste. It seems every five years I take a drink of coffee seeing if I will like the taste and it ends up the same :facepalm:

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Lol... I was at an Al-anon meeting with my mom (not by choice, I was young) . I decided to try coffee for the first time. Took a sip, it was hot (duh) and spilled it all over my lap. LOL.
This isn't the reason I don't like coffee, I didn't like the taste. I was in my 20s and tried coffee again, nope, still didn't like the taste. It seems every five years I take a drink of coffee seeing if I will like the taste and it ends up the same :facepalm:

i came to australia and i always drank white tea with two sugars in england. i could not stand the smell of coffee. when i landed in oz, i went to the airport cafe and for some reason i ordered a black coffee with no sugar! i honestly have no idea why!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

When we were really young, my mother used to give us black coffee with bread in it when we had upset stomachs. Otherwise, we weren't allowed to have coffee until our teens. By then, I had been smelling coffee percolating while breakfast was being cooked to the point that I COULDN'T WAIT to get my hands on a cup. I drink it black, like my mother, and when you have it that way, the coffee itself has to be good. It's not smothered and covered with creams and sweeteners.

My son is a coffee lover, and very particular, but I don't know why, because after he pours his coffee, he drowns it in French Vanilla creamer and about four teaspoons of sugar. Might as well get 99 cent instant, if there is such a thing any more.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
When we were really young, my mother used to give us black coffee with bread in it when we had upset stomachs. Otherwise, we weren't allowed to have coffee until our teens. By then, I had been smelling coffee percolating while breakfast was being cooked to the point that I COULDN'T WAIT to get my hands on a cup. I drink it black, like my mother, and when you have it that way, the coffee itself has to be good. It's not smothered and covered with creams and sweeteners.

My son is a coffee lover, and very particular, but I don't know why, because after he pours his coffee, he drowns it in French Vanilla creamer and about four teaspoons of sugar. Might as well get 99 cent instant, if there is such a thing any more.
i dont know how your son drinks that!!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yay. Go, go my day.

ETA: Nothing better than ending a phone appointment with a GP having them ask, "do you feel safe today?"

Looked up requirement/s for legal medical marijuana in our state. I don't fit. So, back to "try this anti-depressant/sleep aid & how about different shrink?" :facepalm::headbang::deadhorse:

Medical science nor religion can help me. Doing what I've done most of life, "falling through the cracks".

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's been great weather to sit out on the porches :bliss:
Have a new companion to sit with and pet. It took a couple weeks for her to trust me, but when she did she definitely showed me... Meet Lil' Cali
897bf30533d15f7d3ad12156e5cfdae0.jpg

Is she a Feral Cat or someones indoor/outdoor cat?

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Is she a Feral Cat or someones indoor/outdoor cat?
i like animale however not cats. when i was asout 7yrs old i got a puppy, two weeks later we got a cat from the shelter. the puppy used to play with the older cat. one day puppy crawled to the cat then whack...th cat took a swipe at puppy an the claws pulled out puppys eye! since then, no cats will ever be in my house.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I changed the Blower Motor in my Truck today because it was screaming like a Banshee when I started it up in the morning. Got all finished and my buddy called me and we were talking about his Employee having a problem with his and I remembered I needed the Resistor but actually I should have properly Diagnosed it before buying the part. Threw a $15 dollar part at it and fixed it. Saved $% with a Speed Perks Coupon so no big deal if it wasn't the problem.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Put a fresh wick in an rda today. Used some cotton "bacon" I got sent by @MannyScoot, I think. Bought something from him and he tossed in a little bag of the "bacon". I mostly use Muji cotton. See no real difference aside from a little convenience in how the "bacon" is laid out. Had to replace the wick because I apparently let a wick go too dry. *chuckles* Didn't get a dry hit but noted a little actual smoking, looked into the deck and saw the cotton burn through. It happens. *shrug*

Last edited:

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
I barely ever go over a maximum average of 24 watts, using mainly mechanical mods. But yeah, know using higher wattage with a couple regulated mods.
i usually stay around 40-50 watt. i maily sub ohm with my swag1 and 2 or my gen, i stay aroung 70/30 as i prefer taste and i dont wantt o draw attention by impersonating a locomotive.
if i wanted smoke then i would get a pipe.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I barely ever go over a maximum average of 24 watts, using mainly mechanical mods. But yeah, know using higher wattage with a couple regulated mods.

No, when it happened to me I was carrying the Mod and a Bottle of water or something and had my finger On the Up Button. Didn't get half a block away before I went WTF~?

VU Sponsors