Become a Patron!

Vaping on the Front or back Porch

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
i usually stay around 40-50 watt. i maily sub ohm with my swag1 and 2 or my gen, i stay aroung 70/30 as i prefer taste and i dont wantt o draw attention by impersonating a locomotive.
if i wanted smoke then i would get a pipe.

Well, I sub-ohm myself usually using single simple coil builds around 0.30 to 0.50 oHms.I can create some modest clouds but I'm not really a cloud or flavor chaser. I'm kind of a middle of the road, respectful vaper. Know what I like, use it, suggest others find what they like & use it. :)

I do not & will not "stealth" vape.

Last edited:

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
3275cfe258205af4a3edfe3223a2f04e.gif

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !
stop confusing me!! its thursday here!! lol

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Yay. Go, go my day.

ETA: Nothing better than ending a phone appointment with a GP having them ask, "do you feel safe today?"

Looked up requirement/s for legal medical marijuana in our state. I don't fit. So, back to "try this anti-depressant/sleep aid & how about different shrink?" :facepalm::headbang::deadhorse:

Medical science nor religion can help me. Doing what I've done most of life, "falling through the cracks".
falling through the cracks hmmm i will so no more lol

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Is she a Feral Cat or someones indoor/outdoor cat?
Feral. She, at first, was the only one brave enough to come up on the porch. There are, at least, two others. One we call Spotty, the other Fuzzy Boots, but they have only been around a couple times. Spotty is all black except for one small spot on the chest is white. Fuzzy Boots is all black with white paws.
Lil'Cali is so small, she hasn't grown an inch since the first time I saw her, sometime during the summer.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
i like animale however not cats. when i was asout 7yrs old i got a puppy, two weeks later we got a cat from the shelter. the puppy used to play with the older cat. one day puppy crawled to the cat then whack...th cat took a swipe at puppy an the claws pulled out puppys eye! since then, no cats will ever be in my house.
I understand that ! So sorry that happened to your puppy :(

A long time ago, I saw a cat leap on to a little girls chest and belly, all claws stuck in to her. She cried/screamed so loud it was ear deafening and the cat would not retract her claws from her. I think, the more the little girl screamed and cried it made the cat dig in deeper. It was so very awful, felt so very bad for the little girl. Don't recall what made the cat finally let go.

My brothers dog has chased several cats around here. Thank goodness he didn't get hurt. However, my Guy had to shoot two of 'em and I had to shoot one. All of the Feral cats were my neighbors and the ones that are still around are their babies.
Lil' Cali will stay outside, no way is she living inside with our two doggies.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I changed the Blower Motor in my Truck today because it was screaming like a Banshee when I started it up in the morning. Got all finished and my buddy called me and we were talking about his Employee having a problem with his and I remembered I needed the Resistor but actually I should have properly Diagnosed it before buying the part. Threw a $15 dollar part at it and fixed it. Saved $% with a Speed Perks Coupon so no big deal if it wasn't the problem.

Working from memory from a LONG time ago, but I think you can diagnose a faulty resistor if the fan will work on high but not on other speeds. Does that sound right? The resistor won't bump the current down for intermediate speeds, but it doesn't have to if the fan is on high. ????

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Working from memory from a LONG time ago, but I think you can diagnose a faulty resistor if the fan will work on high but not on other speeds. Does that sound right? The resistor won't bump the current down for intermediate speeds, but it doesn't have to if the fan is on high. ????

Actually the fail safe is only high works but I had 2 speeds. See it happened after I was working in the dash so I never got around to checking it because I was lazy. Then yesterday when I was finishing up the job my buddy called and it reminded me. I normally won't just throw a part at it but I took a chance.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I understand that ! So sorry that happened to your puppy :(

A long time ago, I saw a cat leap on to a little girls chest and belly, all claws stuck in to her. She cried/screamed so loud it was ear deafening and the cat would not retract her claws from her. I think, the more the little girl screamed and cried it made the cat dig in deeper. It was so very awful, felt so very bad for the little girl. Don't recall what made the cat finally let go.

My brothers dog has chased several cats around here. Thank goodness he didn't get hurt. However, my Guy had to shoot two of 'em and I had to shoot one. All of the Feral cats were my neighbors and the ones that are still around are their babies.
Lil' Cali will stay outside, no way is she living inside with our two doggies.

My own cat jumped on me like that once. I was standing up talking to my mother on the phone, cat was sitting at my feet. All of a sudden, she was like, YOU'RE GONNA HOLD ME, and she was hanging from my chest by her claws. She just jumped straight up about five feet and grabbed me. It hurt, A LOT. I can imagine that that would scare the living daylights out of a child.

@geordie I'm a cat person primarily, but I surely don't blame you for feeling the way you do, after an experience like that. I'm sure it was extremely upsetting and traumatic. So very sorry to hear that happened to your puppy and you. I know I'd have cried my eyes out.

I had "rescued" a little kitten from getting run over in the road once, brought him home to live with us. When he was about six months old, he dashed out the front door and disappeared. When he reappeared about two days later, he had a bite on his back leg, and that bite would not heal. Pretty soon it was infected, so here we go to the vet to get antibiotics. Bite got better, antibiotics ran out, then bite started up with the infection again. Back to the vet. After about the third time doing this, vet tested the kitten and found out he had Feline Leukemia. I had to have him put down, and I cried for a month after that. Vet said that lots of feral cats are born with Feline Leukemia, and there's nothing that can be done about it. If I'd have kept him, it would only have continued to put our two other (senior) cats at risk.

Having animals that you love is sometimes heartbreaking.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Vet said that lots of feral cats are born with Feline Leukemia, and there's nothing that can be done about it.

Had a very bad "run" of that happen here one year. I absolutely hated being the one to take a bunch of kittens for the "walk". Still a lot of pain in recalling that. Still rather I "deal" with it than the wife. Bad enough she had to look to me. She bawled for weeks.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
falling through the cracks hmmm i will so no more lol

Well, fairly "used" to it. Helps the wife says she found me. :) Will say though I'm still frustrated at that being the state of living for myself. There's so much within my control, and so much not.

I have difficulty in accepting that which I cannot alter, or control. Think a lot of folks are in this same boat too. Acceptance, or "amor fati" is tough even for the most stalwart Stoic. Keep on striving to "get there" myself.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Well, fairly "used" to it. Helps the wife says she found me. :) Will say though I'm still frustrated at that being the state of living for myself. There's so much within my control, and so much not.

I have difficulty in accepting that which I cannot alter, or control. Think a lot of folks are in this same boat too. Acceptance, or "amor fati" is tough even for the most stalwart Stoic. Keep on striving to "get there" myself.
stay stromg buddy,you have a lot of friends here.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
My own cat jumped on me like that once. I was standing up talking to my mother on the phone, cat was sitting at my feet. All of a sudden, she was like, YOU'RE GONNA HOLD ME, and she was hanging from my chest by her claws. She just jumped straight up about five feet and grabbed me. It hurt, A LOT. I can imagine that that would scare the living daylights out of a child.

@geordie I'm a cat person primarily, but I surely don't blame you for feeling the way you do, after an experience like that. I'm sure it was extremely upsetting and traumatic. So very sorry to hear that happened to your puppy and you. I know I'd have cried my eyes out.

I had "rescued" a little kitten from getting run over in the road once, brought him home to live with us. When he was about six months old, he dashed out the front door and disappeared. When he reappeared about two days later, he had a bite on his back leg, and that bite would not heal. Pretty soon it was infected, so here we go to the vet to get antibiotics. Bite got better, antibiotics ran out, then bite started up with the infection again. Back to the vet. After about the third time doing this, vet tested the kitten and found out he had Feline Leukemia. I had to have him put down, and I cried for a month after that. Vet said that lots of feral cats are born with Feline Leukemia, and there's nothing that can be done about it. If I'd have kept him, it would only have continued to put our two other (senior) cats at risk.

Having animals that you love is sometimes heartbreaking.
my maltese which i got grom a breeder 13 yrs ago has cancer. i told vets to cut the lump out. after a x ray they found out she has a heart murmer that makes her cough. i was told if she had the operation,she would not get through it.if you dont get a female dog spayed as a puppy then every time she comes n heat she produces milk, as there are no pups to suck on her, it builds up and forms mammary cancer, i am hoping she gets through xmas. everyone here calls me the man with the white dog. it is killing me each day.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
my maltese which i got grom a breeder 13 yrs ago has cancer. i told vets to cut the lump out. after a x ray they found out she has a heart murmer that makes her cough. i was told if she had the operation,she would not get through it.if you dont get a female dog spayed as a puppy then every time she comes n heat she produces milk, as there are no pups to suck on her, it builds up and forms mammary cancer, i am hoping she gets through xmas. everyone here calls me the man with the white dog. it is killing me each day.
*HUG*

stay stromg buddy,you have a lot of friends here.

Likewise, bud.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Went out on the back porch to feed the birds this morning and noticed a shitload of leaves in the gutters so I pulled out the ladder and cleaned them all. Then I changed the screen in the side storm door to the glass. Heck of a way to start the day but I fell asleep early and woke up at 3AM to find one of the cameras emailing me for false Motion Alerts~! 450 at last count~! Tried canceling Alert areas for little flags and a tree but to no avail. Good thing I got back to sleep.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Aww, so sorry :hug:

Duke, one of our doggies, has a cough. He's had it since we've had him 14-15 yrs. Our other doggie, Emma, has asthma. Did some searching and found out honey and mullein are safe to give to dogs. We had to find something to help them. Thankfully, both of those have helped them.
Duke had skin problems, scratched quite a bit, started him and Emma on Collagen. Now, both of them rarely scratch and their fur/hair feels better than before taking it.

Enjoy and spend as much of time as possible with your doggie. Life is so short.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I need, well Lil' Cali, needs help. Yesterday, was out on the porch giving her food, noticed drops of something on the porch. Went to clean it up, it was blood with two different kind of worms. She was eating two days ago and yesterday nothing.
Last month, as a precaution, didn't see any stools, gave her some dewormer. Thought, she probably had fleas and she would need dewormed.
Now, she's not eating and don't know how to give her the dewormer medicine.
She's never been held and I know how cats are trying to give them medicine in the mouth. I don't know if I'm brave enough to try and give it to her. Anyone with suggestions?
Also, those who've dealt with /have feral cats; how do you get rid of fleas on them?

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
When I had to give my little buddy Medicine the only way was liquid in dropper. Put a pill in his food and it was always left in the bowl.
Caught a break. I went ahead and made up some food, use hard food and some can food, mixed in the liquid medicine. She ate it all ! Though, it wasn't much...didn't want to waste too much in-case she wouldn't eat.
The unfortunate thing is... the medicine only treats one type of worms. So, my Guy is going to buy some other which does treat three or four types of worms.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Use some Dawn for a shampoo to wash Lil' Cali. Yep, know that's easier said than done. It's about the only way though. Afterwards if you can find fennel, it helps repel fleas, ticks. Dogs will go roll in it if it's growing around. I planted some in our dog pen.

Here's a pic of it.

Herb-Fennel.jpg

Fennel can grow up to 3-4 ft high, so critters like wallowing it to get rid of pests.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I never grew Fennel but love to eat it~! I might try next year but might not be in the right Zone for it? IDK

Not sure but my growing it consisted of throwing out two handfuls of tiny dust like seed. Took off here in codding red clay soil of WV. I had feared the birds would have ate the seed. *chuckles* No matter if they do as I now got copses of fennel forests. The thickest being in that end of the dog pen.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not sure but my growing it consisted of throwing out two handfuls of tiny dust like seed. Took off here in codding red clay soil of WV. I had feared the birds would have ate the seed. *chuckles* No matter if they do as I now got copses of fennel forests. The thickest being in that end of the dog pen.

I don't remember ever seeing seeds for it when I go shopping. Might have to check with @Jimi where to buy seeds online.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I need, well Lil' Cali, needs help. Yesterday, was out on the porch giving her food, noticed drops of something on the porch. Went to clean it up, it was blood with two different kind of worms. She was eating two days ago and yesterday nothing.
Last month, as a precaution, didn't see any stools, gave her some dewormer. Thought, she probably had fleas and she would need dewormed.
Now, she's not eating and don't know how to give her the dewormer medicine.
She's never been held and I know how cats are trying to give them medicine in the mouth. I don't know if I'm brave enough to try and give it to her. Anyone with suggestions?
Also, those who've dealt with /have feral cats; how do you get rid of fleas on them?

Have you tried wrapping a towel around Cali to feed her meds? sometimes when an animal is feral or has wild intensions you can make a kitty boretto to make it easier to give meds.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Went out on the back porch to feed the birds this morning and noticed a shitload of leaves in the gutters so I pulled out the ladder and cleaned them all
Oh tank god I already did that (I have to climb up on the back porch with a gas blower a couple times a year) Have to carefully step on the parts with nails (aluminum panels on 2x6 frame) When I blow everything off, I blow the gutters out (used to wait too long and do it on a ladder with gloves and a bucket) Gotter done early this year (love my Stihl gas blower) Done and done! Our panels are old and the nails and everything leaks (not much actually) so we put these angle strips of steel sheet metal over the seams that leaked and it worked great.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh tank god I already did that (I have to climb up on the back porch with a gas blower a couple times a year)

Yeah I do them a couple of times a year also but it was 8AM when I went out so I wasn't going to wake up the neighborhood~! I switched to Echo machines.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Just had to say... love that sig! I am so sick of the news... (don't want to get into it but temporarily living with elderly mother... she watches MSNBC every day) Have an ongoing joke with my son (he is just the opposite... I'm somewhere in the middle, whatever that means) Anyway, I made a joke and called it "Omega Man" variant... he laughed his head off (he knows I love those old movies) Creatures of the wheel LOL

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
its saturdayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!

Sunday now, here locally. Likely now Monday for you lot.

Been online since about 1994. Have friends the globe over. Used to have a "condensed" week. Used to use dual day names such as ThRiDay, SaUnday, MoUesday and so. Eventually, ...

"Ding ding donga dong dong ding dong
Dingy dingy son of a gun
Half my time I tell you baby
Never am I all for sure
Why why why why why baby
Sicky sicky from within
Everytime I stick my finger on in ya
You're a wild wild little town bitch
Now how 'bout ding a dang dong dong dong ling long
Dingy a dingy dong a down"

I gave up on time save for my own inner cadences. Life is so much better. I live in the eternal and ever mutable Now.

VU Sponsors