Become a Patron!

Vaping on the Front or back Porch

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
monday steveeeeee

It is Sunday here just because you are Back To The Future~!

giphy-downsized-medium.gif

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Good morning/afternoon Porch folks! Running sound for church today. I hope everyone has a blessed Sunday!
hi mark, am i right in thinking a lot of americans are religious? i know some yanks over in australia who speak as though they are and a lot of evangalists seem to come from usa. please this is not intended to upset you, i am just curious. cheers bud.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Have you tried wrapping a towel around Cali to feed her meds? sometimes when an animal is feral or has wild intensions you can make a kitty boretto to make it easier to give meds.
I did try to give her medicine by wrapping her in a heavy blanket, lol, yeah, that went really smoothly :rolleyes: :teehee: had eye protection on, leather thick gloves, a pair of thick sweat pants, a sweat shirt and regular shirt on. Glad I had everything on ! Her claws were out and she was not happy. Needless to say...it didn't work out, lol

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Just had to say... love that sig! I am so sick of the news... (don't want to get into it but temporarily living with elderly mother... she watches MSNBC every day) Have an ongoing joke with my son (he is just the opposite... I'm somewhere in the middle, whatever that means) Anyway, I made a joke and called it "Omega Man" variant... he laughed his head off (he knows I love those old movies) Creatures of the wheel LOL

Thanks !
I barely like watching the local news. I've caught them in too many lies !
But, this one gal asked me what it meant :rolleyes: :facepalm:
I didn't say what I wanted to say, just wasn't worth wasting my typing ! 'Cause, if she didn't know, that told me it wasn't worth my time or typing explaining it to her. :huh:

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Use some Dawn for a shampoo to wash Lil' Cali. Yep, know that's easier said than done. It's about the only way though. Afterwards if you can find fennel, it helps repel fleas, ticks. Dogs will go roll in it if it's growing around. I planted some in our dog pen.

Here's a pic of it.

Herb-Fennel.jpg

Fennel can grow up to 3-4 ft high, so critters like wallowing it to get rid of pests.

Thanks ! I'll look for that Fennel Lol :teehee: Experiencing how it went with the medicine :eek: I'll probably skip on the Dawn soap bath.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
hi mark, am i right in thinking a lot of americans are religious? i know some yanks over in australia who speak as though they are and a lot of evangalists seem to come from usa. please this is not intended to upset you, i am just curious. cheers bud.

Doesn’t upset me in the least. I guess it depends on how you define religious. Where I live, In Tennessee, it is very common for quite a number of people to attend church and be willing to share with others where they go and what they believe. I really don’t know if it’s a majority. Other places I have lived it isn’t so common place.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Doesn’t upset me in the least. I guess it depends on how you define religious. Where I live, In Tennessee, it is very common for quite a number of people to attend church and be willing to share with others where they go and what they believe. I really don’t know if it’s a majority. Other places I have lived it isn’t so common place.
jimmy swagart was visiting australia when he past a pier, on the pier were 2 ossies holding a rope that was in the sea, he walked over and saw the rope was around a black guys waist. he said that is great of you for saving that guy. one ossie said to the other..who is that!.thats jimmy swagart the worlds greatest evangalist, huh, he may be a great evangalist but he knows fuck all about shark fishing!!

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
jimmy swagart was visiting australia when he past a pier, on the pier were 2 ossies holding a rope that was in the sea, he walked over and saw the rope was around a black guys waist. he said that is great of you for saving that guy. one ossie said to the other..who is that!.thats jimmy swagart the worlds greatest evangalist, huh, he may be a great evangalist but he knows fuck all about shark fishing!!

LOL
My first thought before getting to the end was “it’s bait mate.”

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
*falls off his stool, gets up, folds stool tucking it away off into the ethers, walks off the porch & vanishes back into the wood & silence*
gives my dog a jock strap to sniff then i send them into the woods..

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
In case anyone was confused by my post of falling off my stool, ...

3. No racist, homophobic, bigoted, sexist terms will be tolerated, including in a user name.

We will be using Wiki's list as our guide. Taboo words include but are not limited to this list. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_slurs
Points will be issued for each offense. At three offenses, users will be limited to posting in the MudPit for a month. Three more offenses while in the MudPit earns a ban.

I got a bit taken aback. That may just me. I might be "reading" anything in error. Don't think so but I have been seeing of late I take stuff in general rather differently at times. So, leaving that as it is, not sure. Know though I'll be "hanging back" even more so. Here's why that is the case, too. So now, everything ought be clear as Mississippi river silt.

One thing more I'm compelled to express is this. I do not consider myself any more or less than a cur, an ant, a flea, a speck of cosmic dust. So no, I do not think myself "better" than anyone. I make different choices in living. Difference makes things go.

I'm all for speaking freely too. There is a point though that one minds their tongue / words. One does not side with ignorance and hate, evil. If you do, keep it private please. Know myself and many others here do not desire granting evil power. So we mind ourselves, our tongues, our words. That might be a different choice for some. Hope you can make the proper one.

As much as I'm for going. We also need to enjoy time for living. We don't need Darkness in this artifice we've created of Light. And yes, I know we need not deceive ourselves either, to thinking we are more than our sum. Still there is something here in this forum which is difficult to find. We needn't destroy that either.

Here are some helpful links.

Learning Together: Where Did Racism Begin?

A History:The Construction of Race and Racism

A good video, ...

Ultimately it seems racism is begotten of greed, as so much else in life is. When will enough be enough?

Last edited:

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Had a nice day... mowed the lawns (the very last of the leaves have dropped so it was the last time dealing with that) Cooler weather so won't even have to mow for weeks. Still have some end of the season pruning to do (not looking forward to that but at least it will be the last time) Hanging on the back porch (thermometer hasn't moved all day... still 42 deg F) but at least there is no fog (I remember one year it was just fog for 6 weeks... that may still happen) It was much colder up in the mountains (lived up at 5000 ft for 11 years) but you would still get sunshine.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
frosty-morning-in-forest-1332111.jpg

Snowing here this morn. Appears an inch already grounded, more falling. National Weather Service saying it'll snow until afternoon, fare off. Clear tomorrow. Thursday until Sunday, rain.

"Our local weather summarized. Back to you in the station, Jim."

NB: The picture is a "stock" picture & not from here. I just did a quick search, "morning in forest". It fit given I saw snow this morning when letting dog out for potty time. Not that we're too far from forests here. Forgive my K.I.S.S way of living.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Updating a bit.

thumbnail2021_11_08a.jpeg West

thumbnail2021_11_08b.jpeg East

The first image is West bound Route 33. Up top of that hill there is now a full semi rig wreck and, a dump truck turned from going East bound facing West bound and the other vehicles which are likely only two wheel drives.

The second image is East bound on the same Route. This is the route out at the end of Station Camp road, which is the road we live on. We could feasibly go on out the other end of Station Camp and meet with Route 21, but given the weather that's kind of a fool's try as well. That way is likely just as "bad".

Wife and sis in law are basically waiting to see if things clear up before going in for their state jobs. If not they've got a "snow" day off. Sis in law had to go with the tractor and pull her husband out in the big red Ford F-150 pickup. He apparently run up the hill and slid, got twisted in the road and was right on the edge of the ditch.

He didn't think it was black ice but still just being slick can even be enough to slide even 4 wheel drives. At any given me & wife are watching MacGyver for now. :)

ETA: Well, seems traffic got clear. Wife & sis went on in. I went & fed Maow who was sleeping in the cardboard box I made up for him yesterday.

Put some old shirts in it for some bedding/insulation just now. Told him to hunker down and stay in if he could. The box is in the "upper" end of the barn which has a raised floor and built room.

It's again the wall near the road. There's no great concern anyone will run into the barn there. Sure it's a possibility but from past experience seems folks are rather careful and Station camp seems clear now. ---- Wife got into work okay.

Last edited:

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
frosty-morning-in-forest-1332111.jpg

Snowing here this morn. Appears an inch already grounded, more falling. National Weather Service saying it'll snow until afternoon, fare off. Clear tomorrow. Thursday until Sunday, rain.

"Our local weather summarized. Back to you in the station, Jim."

NB: The picture is a "stock" picture & not from here. I just did a quick search, "morning in forest". It fit given I saw snow this morning when letting dog out for potty time. Not that we're too far from forests here. Forgive my K.I.S.S way of living.
21 degrees celcius over here today

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Updating a bit.

View attachment 188508 West

View attachment 188509 East

The first image is West bound Route 33. Up top of that hill there is now a full semi rig wreck and, a dump truck turned from going East bound facing West bound and the other vehicles which are likely only two wheel drives.

The second image is East bound on the same Route. This is the route out at the end of Station Camp road, which is the road we live on. We could feasibly go on out the other end of Station Camp and meet with Route 21, but given the weather that's kind of a fool's try as well. That way is likely just as "bad".

Wife and sis in law are basically waiting to see if things clear up before going in for their state jobs. If not they've got a "snow" day off. Sis in law had to go with the tractor and pull her husband out in the big red Ford F-150 pickup. He apparently run up the hill and slid, got twisted in the road and was right on the edge of the ditch.

He didn't think it was black ice but still just being slick can even be enough to slide even 4 wheel drives. At any given me & wife are watching MacGyver for now. :)

ETA: Well, seems traffic got clear. Wife & sis went on in. I went & fed Maow who was sleeping in the cardboard box I made up for him yesterday.

Put some old shirts in it for some bedding/insulation just now. Told him to hunker down and stay in if he could. The box is in the "upper" end of the barn which has a raised floor and built room.

It's again the wall near the road. There's no great concern anyone will run into the barn there. Sure it's a possibility but from past experience seems folks are rather careful and Station camp seems clear now. ---- Wife got into work okay.
i would rather have snow than heat.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Good morning Porch people!
this porch person is very very embarrased, i have something happen to me that i for once do not want to go back to england to see my family. i left england in 1982 and moved to melbourne. i had a aunt and uncle who i classed as my parents after i was orphaned. my aunt was head of a girls school, she was very prim and proper, my uncle was a police seargent. i had been back a couple of time and always stayed with them i had not seen them for 18yrs so i told them i was coming over in a month for 6 weeks holiday. she asked me to bring photos of my house/. i awoke on the departure morning with a list of things i needed on my bedside table.
first on list were photos, shit i thought i did not take them. i jumped out of bed starkers, i got my cam corder and walked around the house taking a video.
after being in england for 2 noghts my auntie askec about the photos. i gave her the video which she put on. uncle and i were half watching and talking. my 72yr old aunt gasped and put her face in her hands. i rushed over asking if she was ok. she was laughing! i said what ha ppened. she rewound the video and said i had grown a bit in 18yrs? she said watch, she p0ressed play here is a vid of my kitchen, lounge, then bedroom. my inbuilt wardrobe as 4 full length mirror doors. and there is stupid me standing there reflected in a door holding a cam corder!! yup, naked with a full morning glory!!!!!!1. uncle den gave a copy to all my nephews and nieces!!!!

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
this porch person is very very embarrased, i have something happen to me that i for once do not want to go back to england to see my family. i left england in 1982 and moved to melbourne. i had a aunt and uncle who i classed as my parents after i was orphaned. my aunt was head of a girls school, she was very prim and proper, my uncle was a police seargent. i had been back a couple of time and always stayed with them i had not seen them for 18yrs so i told them i was coming over in a month for 6 weeks holiday. she asked me to bring photos of my house/. i awoke on the departure morning with a list of things i needed on my bedside table.
first on list were photos, shit i thought i did not take them. i jumped out of bed starkers, i got my cam corder and walked around the house taking a video.
after being in england for 2 noghts my auntie askec about the photos. i gave her the video which she put on. uncle and i were half watching and talking. my 72yr old aunt gasped and put her face in her hands. i rushed over asking if she was ok. she was laughing! i said what ha ppened. she rewound the video and said i had grown a bit in 18yrs? she said watch, she p0ressed play here is a vid of my kitchen, lounge, then bedroom. my inbuilt wardrobe as 4 full length mirror doors. and there is stupid me standing there reflected in a door holding a cam corder!! yup, naked with a full morning glory!!!!!!1. uncle den gave a copy to all my nephews and nieces!!!!

LOL, that’s a memory maker.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was going nuts all day trying to find where my mom stashed the Christmas lights~! Today she wasn't having a "good Day" so made me lose my temper and it kills me when it happens. Going to hit my Storage Locker tonight to hopefully find my stored Christmas Decorations. Hopefully we will have a Coca Cola Tree this year.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
It's 4 degrees C here also (I don't know how to make that degree symbol), supposed to get down to -3.3 tonight.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
i would rather have snow than heat.

Been in --54°C weather before and survived. That was Naval Recruit Training camp in Illinois. We got snow, ice. One night we were out in it when it was pitching a blizzard. Our one CC (company commander) took us to a spot of black ice. It was maybe twenty yards long by maybe two yards wide.

The CC poured vegetable oil on the ice and told us, all 60 of our men had to get over it in double time without anyone falling. It took us a bit until no one landed on their bums. We became a team, a functional full unit that night. After the ice crossing we drilled another four hours.

Federal laws say folks are only supposed to be out about an hour in such weather no matter clothing/gear. So yes, our CC pushed federal aside. There was a reasoning behind it though. We learned what the devil of coldness held in store. We learned to survive it.

Still, I rather be warm than face the cold anymore. And yes, I was even out in Lake Michigan in those temperatures. Yes, we were greased up with body grease, wrapped in saran wrap and in wet suits designed for extreme temps. Point being you cannot fathom being 50 ft down under the water in pitch black and cold like that even through gear fit for it. (50 ft was not our maximum depth though, it's a good baseline but we did go deeper.)

And yes I also did a Polar Bear dive once. So yes, I've faced the cold. Know it and can survive it. Rather not know it any more. And yes I say the current temps are cold now. *chuckles* As one of our CC's used to sing if we got over -18°C. "We're having a heat wave!"

I like 60°F+ myself. I was born in Orlando, FL., anything below 60°F is freezing to us. *chuckles* Well, I say born but some say rolled off an orange tree into the Atlantic. Then grew up in VA around the Shenandoah River Valley area and Blue Ridge Mountains. Living now in the Western part of WV.

VU Sponsors