nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I am talking about the 70's. My School Backpack was Army Surplus because we thought it was Cool~!

I had one of those backpacks in 4th grade, which would have been about 1965. If you wanted a backpack then, you had the choice of ....... Army surplus ....or.... Army surplus.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
I had one of those backpacks in 4th grade, which would have been about 1965. If you wanted a backpack then, you had the choice of ....... Army surplus ....or.... Army surplus.
see i said you did not cause anthing, the little tosspot peplies about bs!! did i?

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
troll-troll-detected.gif

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
I saw @SteveS45 posting his Good Morning pic in another thread. Don't know if he thought it was in here or he did mean to post it on the other thread :question:
Just thought to let you all know so there would be no worries of him.

! WAKE UP ! from the MEDIA SPELL !
worried!!!! lol you must be kidding me!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
"Go, go filters, go!" :D :)

Morning everyone. Worked for a half shift last night. Got a full shift tonight.

Tried to end myself last night. Had some kind of enzyme / biological cleaner in a spray bottle. There's a shower area in a weight room / locker area in one building. A coach told me just spray it down with the cleaner / disinfectant, let it set.

So, spray it down and suddenly felt like I was back in a gas chamber. Oh boy it got me coughing. Rushed out back into weight room. Sat with paper towels hawking gunk up, blowing nose. Half could not breathe for coughing.

Luckily I finally got a menthol cough drop in my mouth. It settled me back down. I finished up what needed done, got out.

Hope y'all run 'er slow today. :)

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Pacifice vivite, in my signature line translates to live peacefully. I disagree with the motto of Pacem habere bellum parant. That translates into "to have peace prepare for war". My thinking is if we live peacefully we create peace by extension. So, want peace? Live in peace. :)

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
So I have to take Mom to the Cemetery today since it is 1 Year since my Dad Passed Away. Hopefully we can find something nice to put on the gave for him and my Sister. So much for a Happy Friday.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sunday Morning Coming Down

When younger step dad used to sing this as we come down stairs Sunday morning. He was by far and away no Man In Black. Always found it hilarious (not in a good way) him professing to be a good Christian yet me seeing all the *ahem* shit *cough* covering him. Learned later on that our world is filled with such pricks. "Lalala."

Me & wife went into La granja (the farm), a family run Mexican grill, yesterday. They are devout Catholics. I'm sure they're well aware my wife is Pagani, which is the old Latin for Pagan or "one who lives in the hills". It was first used by Catholics as a slur to describe the poor, uneducated "trash" that well, lived out and beyond the sphere of a Catholic church. The Pagan was not taught Latin, not taught to read and write.

Yet the Catholic learning to spell words, and put words to form was quick to point to Pagans practicing witchcraft. Oddly that was exactly what Catholics did. I digress though. This tale is not about that.

We get sit near the iconography of a crucifix any time we go in. Me and her get a chuckle. They're either thinking the crucifix will protect them, or just maybe it'll convert us. *chuckles* I know they are also aware I'm an apathetic agnostic, for lack of better we get lumped in as atheist. *shrugs* Oh well.

We're no trouble at all and in fact are what restaurants call rain makers (those who when present cause a business to thrive as in making $1,000+ working hours). They love seeing us come in, we bring plenty of money for them.

I even used to make it rain working at restaurants. Would often announce to the gals up front taking orders, "We're gonna roll, be ready and go!" The newer girls never understood until they had experienced my money hours. I kept more than a few places afloat doing that.

Did near everything but work register, and paper work for a place like that. Did do paper for a rolling inventory & yes worked register once or twice. Beyond that I avoided "company take". I was bonded by a few employers so it wasn't that I would "dip", I just didn't feel cozy with handling money like that.

Well, morning, hope everyone has a good un & run er slow. :)

Last edited:

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So hello everyone. I had to go back a page to see what was going on (someone was rocking the boat... and not in a good way) Oh well... that happens sometimes. Let's move on. Had a good day... helped my son and my mother just before the rain (that was the goal) Have a great evening and enjoy your favorite vape juice (for me, it's my new DIY recipe... chocolate/tangerine/mint ice cream... it's so good... I am so proud) How about some positive vibes? (I have some big issues in my life right now but no reason to bring everyone down... like someone else seems to have done) The best thing to do is IGNORE those comments... don't feed it.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So hello everyone. I had to go back a page to see what was going on (someone was rocking the boat... and not in a good way) Oh well... that happens sometimes. Let's move on. Had a good day... helped my son and my mother just before the rain (that was the goal) Have a great evening and enjoy your favorite vape juice (for me, it's my new DIY recipe... chocolate/tangerine/mint ice cream... it's so good... I am so proud) How about some positive vibes? (I have some big issues in my life right now but no reason to bring everyone down... like someone else seems to have done) The best thing to do is IGNORE those comments... don't feed it.
Well said my friend

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
(I have some big issues in my life right now but no reason to bring everyone down... like someone else seems to have done) The best thing to do is IGNORE those comments... don't feed it.

If you ever need an Open Ear, the PM's are always available and so am I~! Not promising I can provide the Greatest Suggestions but I am always able to just listen to venting~! Sometimes that is the only thing we need.

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Ah, a fellow DIYer! Hope you’re having a good day. I over did myself today and didn’t make a lot of headway.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Arbogast Mill in Timberville, VA USA

This is a png image made from a jpg of a picture I took in the 1990s. Another picture had been taken in the 1960s & they were nearly identical. Used to fish out of the Shenandoah River's South fork right across from the mill. Sun perch were always good for dinner(lunch) & or supper. Bass was as well. Better still was trout caught from the cool water coming off the mill's wheel.

Y'all run 'er slow. Morning.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Had the unfortune of needing to take all day in Parkersburg, to see a psychologist for 45 minutes. It was a basic "get to know" session. Asked him on the way out if he could offer any fresh insight. "Ben, how bout you come back next month. I might have a little then *wink*." He's real quite and stone faced although i did see him grin once.

VU Sponsors