Become a Patron!

Vaping on the Front or back Porch

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Have a natural gas fireplace but no generator either.

Be nice if you're where there's a gas well & you get it free. That's something me & her look for.

OH.. forget to say... happy happy, have a great day. I know I wont.

Sorry to read y'all are having some rough times. I do sincerely hope things start going better for y'all soon. Seems we all face our struggles in life. Something I remember is the joke, "nobody gets out alive".

That makes me feel better instead of crappy. End up pausing and reflecting in gratitude for the love surrounding me. Thank the cosmos we at least got a tin roof overhead for now.

Also take a pinch of humbled pride in stuff I've been able to do in living. To me problems, set backs, challenges are all opportunities to learn, grow, adapt. Then too what I see or experience isn't the be all, end all.

I might see a peanut butter and grape jelly sandwich. @SteveS45 might walk by the same table, see blueberry muffins, coffee. @MarkS might laugh at us both because he sees it all for the elephant it is.

My point being life can be totally surrealistically absurd. You can loathe that with all the force of a level 5 tornado. Will that loathing change anything? Unlikely, it's more in how you temper a response and your actions.

I like surfing it. :) Worse case I'll crawl into a swamp with the gators. They're always a gas. Seems their diet rouses them to produce a lot of flatulence. Yes, gators fart.

Please let yourself get a little distracted. It can help remind you to find joy in the small things, the important things. No, not saying gator farts are important to me, aside from having been a curiosity.

What was important for me at that time was meeting my dad. Found out he was a prick and that's being nice. So, I needed distracted. Went looking at the swampy areas around where we lived, exploring.

Well, only suggestions. Sorry if it read as me preaching, or telling anyone what to do. Do hope it starts going better for everyone soon.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
9150576_495f4.gif

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
So all is well. Mom, myself and my nephew did rapid tests and all were negative ( know... not sure how reliable those tests are) but at least the stress level i way down from yesterday. I'm still not going to my son's house to visit the grandkids just in case. We might retest in a few days but all the stores are out of stock (had to search everywhere for the ones we got) None of us are sick so that's good. I'm going to mix a few new recipes (ironically, I never have time... always helping my son so it' nice having the day free)

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@Jimi , yes, life does go on. And we go on. And sometimes, people surprise you (just when you think there is no hope for humanity) it always amazes me... when things just seem so messed up, and then someone does something really nice and reminds me... there are still good people out there. Somehow it usually all works out. It helps to have friends (a support group)... like this thread. Love to all (yea, I'm in a good mood today) Just wanted to say one last thing "Your health is your greatest wealth" Yes sir... the mind and the body are one... peace out, vape on!

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Back on the road again tomorrow after three weeks at home. Probably 0 degrees F tomorrow when I get to MN, but the rest of the week should have highs in the low 30s which is warm for there.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Good afternoon Porch goers

May be an image of text that says 'Winter Poem SHIT IT'S COLD!! The End''Winter Poem SHIT IT'S COLD!! The End'

Even with a throw over myself, and another one folded up and covering my feet, I think they (my feet) are permanently frozen. It's almost noon here and the temp outside is 24 degrees. Usually, even if it's pretty cold at night, it warms up more than that in the middle of the day. I think we must have a Canadian air mass blowing this way - it's a damp cold, and that usually translates to Thank You, Canada. :kickbutt:

1641919483296.png

....potential new avi....

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It was a Tuesday Tuesday here with 20° and below all day~! Helped my neighbor out with my portable compressor and while cooking dinner have been wrestling with a Verizon Router which will not let me Login. Factory Reset a few times and now going back at it again after powered off for a while.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Might have an opening for full time custodial.

It's for our in town high school. Will be working with another fellow to do what is dubbed the annex, band room, outdoor trash. Get to lob bags of trash out of a second story window at a dumpster. :)

The guy usually working it shifted over to the middle school. Warned my wife that my IQ might drop 100 points working with the other guy. He has no filter at all, goes through his mind out his mouth it comes.

That might actually do me some good though. Let me see that it's okay to ease up a bit, maybe even learn to relax. Job is pretty much gravy with a few minor chunks at times.

The outdoor trash includes baseball, football field trash. They got a golf cart though with a trailer we can use to go around fetching it. Might take just a little but think I can manage operating the cart.

Biggest fuss will be backing with the trailer. Worst case I let the other guy figure out jam ups. Will learn and at my pace. Nobody will care, or fuss, unless I royally bungle.

Got the papers all printed out. Wife will legibly fill in the lines for me. Take it by the office ASAP, has to be in no later than the 19th. We'll see, ...

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Good afternoon Porch goers
Hasn't been much goin on here lately:(

May be an image of text that says 'Claustrophobia is the fear of closed spaces. For example: I am going to the liquor store and I'm scared that it's closed.''Claustrophobia is the fear of closed spaces. For example: I am going to the liquor store and I'm scared that it's closed.'

My mom pulled me out from under her house trailer. I had gone 34 shades of white. I was attempting to wrench her water heater's intake snug. Had roughly 6 inches to work in and I took up 3 of that.

Middle brother tricked me into going into a pickup tool bin, shut it on me. I tried and nearly did put my fist through 20 gauge steel to get out. I come out about 34 shades of white then as well.

Uncle Buddy had me worm through a simulated VC tunnel for a half mile. He swore he would never make me scream like that ever again. He heard me two miles away & Pap said I was whiter than the whitest snow.

(Yes, that's VC as in Vietcong from the 'Nam. Yes, it was rigged, obviously safely so yet if I triggered a trap it was marked. None got tripped, well no, apologhies one did but by a "dummy" body not me. *nodding* Yes, you recall. Spike pit at the latrine cubby.)

I can go spelunking & in the caverns & such but only within reason. If I say I need topside, full priority it is. That's claustrophobia to me. Do appreciate the joke as well. We fear it being Monday's here because our favorite Chinese restaurant is closed. *grinning*

Had that before uncle Buddy's "fun & games". He like most common wisdom, "well, face up to it." I told him later he ought to go for a swim. Uncle Buddy feared water after a guy climbed up him like a telephone pole to save himself from drowning.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Good Morning Mark~!

I was talking with my neighbor who's house is being rebuilt after a fire yesterday about radiators. When I came home I was talking to Mom explaining how the radiator near the front door was not there and noticed ours was Ice Cold~! Cleaned the Valve of paint and lubed it with penetrating oil but wasn't getting totally hot this morning. So I pulled the valve and cranked the heat to see if the radiator might have been blocked inside which it might have been. Got it nice and hot now so will wait for it to cool down and check it again.

VU Sponsors