Become a Patron!

Vaping on the Front or back Porch

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Good afternoon Porch goers
Startin to snow here again

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'I'm tired, boss. Mostly I'm tired of all dis here corona sh*t!!!!! John Coffey The Green Mile UDgTired!!! m Dog Ass Tired!!!'

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon

That sounds like something my sister would say. She's always been a coffee-holic. I like coffee, but not like she does...of course, she makes hers into a dessert that to me bears little resemblance to actual coffee. I'm a two-mug-a-day black coffee drinker.

Of course, there may be other reasons why she thinks I'm a demon. She and I are not very much alike! lol

MarkS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I use to be a coffee junky. I would drink two to three pots before lunch. Of course, that was decades ago. I’m down to one to two big cups (Yeti like mugs) a day but always stop by 1:00. Then it’s mainly water. I use to eat chocolate covered coffee beans too.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Good old morning coffee... of course the curse is that I need coffee to make coffee LOL
I've made all the variety of mistakes:
Filled the water, put in a filter, it's plugged in and turned on... forgot the coffee
Filled with water, plugged in, put in coffee and turned on... forgot the filter
Filled with water, plugged in, put in filter AND coffee... forgot to turn it on
Plugged in, put in filter and coffee, turned on... forgot the water
Filled with water, put in filter and coffee, turned on... forgot to plug it in
I'm sure there's more... oh yes, now I remember: power outage, camp stove broke, 10 feet of snow outside and out of firewood (true story) Thank god I got one of those "super energy shots" for just such a situation!

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

"Ugh, *grunts, snorts & sways side to side as a ship listing* frag, fig, ugh *leans back as boat diving* erm uh ....*spies someone going by with a hot mug o', steps toward what looks to be a big steaming pot ... fumbling around * argh!"

Editor's note: That argh is Chewbacca for "Please, someone help me. I need the coffee because I'm really lost here. Put the mug of coffee in my paw, pat me on the shoulder to kick start me."

I like my coffee roughly one teaspoon of creamer to two of sugar most of the time. Will drink it black though. Give me decaf at your own risk. sometimes I like boatswain mate's coffee, (cream & sugar with just a splash of rum) no it's not Irish Cream coffee. It's more of medicinal "bracer" if you go out and get cold, face a trauma.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Afternoon. Wife messaged me from her work at unemployment office.

Her: "Do you know a G--- that subs for custodian in the schools?"

Me: "Yep, why?"

Her: "Filed for unemployment due to lack of work."

Me: "Hm, guess weather &/ Covid has all coming up short."
*bit of time passes as I check*

Me: "12/17/21 was last I worked, it's 1/20/22. So yeah, not worked for a month. File me if you think I ought to. Hadn't thought of it myself but, ..."

Her: "You still might get Co---'s spot at the high school."

*I go check as today they have the board meeting to decide that as well as other business*

Me: "No, a Sa--- So--- from up at Eastwood school transferred to it, likely. It says she transfered to our high school. Figure she took co---'s spot. She's got seniority and is FT not sub."

Her: "Well then her spot at Eastwood ought to be open. You could, ..."

Me: "You'd think but why didn't it get posted? Takes what five minutes to do? It's a broiler-plate form just swap the details, click, posted to the site."

Her: *shrug* Government work for you, ..."

Me: "Reckon, guess we'll see .... not holding my breath though."

Her: "Can you be hopeful?"

Me: "Sure but hope doesn't fill the bank account."

Her: "Yeah, I know. Still, ..."

Me: "I'm hopeful, happy?"

Her: "Okay, guess that's all you can do."

me: "*shrug* I know, right?"

Our school system likely the same as many others have been doing remote learning. If they do that, there's no real need of custodians either full time or substitute. The teachers can clean up the classroom "sets" they use after themselves. Might have a janitor come in, take out trash once a week. Not much need is there.

Keep going back to grade school learning being handled by a federal standard, put on PBS & NPR, use T-mobile for broadband. Let the government subsidize or give tax credit to carrier companies like T-mobile for tech to keep grade school going by means of federal standard.

The tech/infrastructure is there, taxes paid for it anyway, why not use it? Not that I want custodians out of work but well, this way a pandemic gets avoided or at least mitigated that much more. Weather doesn't really become an issue unless there's power outages. It could be recorded such outages happened, assignments offered to do make up work. C'mon it's dead simple folks, lets go that way.

Homework would be graded and handled in each existing school district by a panel of teachers. The teachers would get the homework from a "pooled" email account each district sets up for the homework to get "turned in". The system still works, and each school district has it's own commission/board of education that answers to the state's board. The states' boards would answer to federal, federal would get a voted on curriculum on a democratic polling of the states.

Again, bang on simple, again, pretty much already there anyway.

But I'm just a dumb hick Hillbilly what connects dots when he ain't working as a custodian in school buildings.

Last edited:

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
If they do that, there's no real need of custodians either full time or substitute.

At my GF's Office they have a Professional Cleaning Company that comes in to Sanitize the whole office on a Regular basis although many are working from home. Still need professionals because one sick person can contaminate the whole place.

VU Sponsors