Become a Patron!
Greetings and salutations all:
Decided to come in from the dark:)
Want to have some conversation / contact with other vapers.
I live in Sonoma County, Calif. where social distancing, masks are a fashion and vapers are sub-human.
Been vaping for about 8 yrs. but never joined a forum. Started vaping to quit smoking ... It worked!!
Vaping has developed from a tool to quit smoking to a hobby to an obsession.
I make my own juice and build my own coils.
Any like - minded vapers out there? Love to hear from you:)
Happy to answer questions from newbies or enhance my knowledge from veterans.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Hi :wave: Welcome to the forum.
I think you'll find a lot of like minded vapers here ;)

When surfing the forum I usually look for interesting threads by checking the new posts section here:

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
I live in Sonoma County, Calif. where social distancing, masks are a fashion and vapers are sub-human.
Been vaping for about 8 yrs. but never joined a forum. Started vaping to quit smoking ... It worked!!
good to have you aboard. i am in australia so some of your words have me struggling lol ! its cool, and friendly.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Yes, plenty of us are like-minded. Thanks to veteran VU members, I saw the writing on the wall a couple of years ago and established a goal to be self-sufficient in case the proverbial axe should fall. Well, now it has fallen, so I'm happy that many of us prepared ahead of time.

Welcome to VU!

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hi and Welcome- Glad you signed on !

:wave:

Yes, plenty of us are like-minded. Thanks to veteran VU members, I saw the writing on the wall a couple of years ago and established a goal to be self-sufficient in case the proverbial axe should fall. Well, now it has fallen, so I'm happy that many of us prepared ahead of time.

Welcome to VU!
Thx for the reply nadalama. I, too, suspected the worst. Yes, the noose is tightening. Working on purchasing enough hybrid wire spools and cotton to last 10 yrs. I am 1/2 way there. My collection of 50+ attys and 20+ mods should last a while.

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Thx for the reply nadalama. I, too, suspected the worst. Yes, the noose is tightening. Working on purchasing enough hybrid wire spools and cotton to last 10 yrs. I am 1/2 way there. My collection of 50+ attys and 20+ mods should last a while.
Lol, that's plenty! My opinion is that nic is the only real problem. Everything else can be recreated with "relative" ease. At least in comparison to recreating nicotine! :D

True story, the first time I ever vaped "anything" it was on an iron pan on a stove, with a pyrex cup and a straw. It was an experiment and it wasn't pleasant, but it worked. I think the legions of engineers out there would figure the hardware part pretty easily.

Lol, that's plenty! My opinion is that nic is the only real problem. Everything else can be recreated with "relative" ease. At least in comparison to recreating nicotine! :D

True story, the first time I ever vaped "anything" it was on an iron pan on a stove, with a pyrex cup and a straw. It was an experiment and it wasn't pleasant, but it worked. I think the legions of engineers out there would figure the hardware part pretty easily.
Hmmm ... About a year ago I purchased 2 gal. of NicSelect 10% and store it in refrigerator. Saw the vid on DIY or Die. I only use 1% in my juice so it should last a while.

Hello Fellow Vapers!

I've been vaping for 10 yrs now after smoking for TOO many years! *Personally, I think it stinks really bad now. It put me in the ICU with pneumonia and I swore there I'd never smoke again. Thank God I have a son-in-law who vaped & was able to "hook me up" and here I am today :)

Always looking for better, but also decent priced mods, as they seem to disappear or be discontinued after I've found one I love! Why is that??? I personally love the 2 battery mods I've found, as they seem to give a better "hit" every time. I have a few single battery mods, but SELDOM use them!

Anyway, I live in Michigan and I'm a mom of 2 awesome sons, 1 of which serves in the military & the other is a carpenter. Nana to my grands ;)

Never too old to learn something new, right?

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hello Fellow Vapers!

I've been vaping for 10 yrs now after smoking for TOO many years! *Personally, I think it stinks really bad now. It put me in the ICU with pneumonia and I swore there I'd never smoke again. Thank God I have a son-in-law who vaped & was able to "hook me up" and here I am today :)

Always looking for better, but also decent priced mods, as they seem to disappear or be discontinued after I've found one I love! Why is that??? I personally love the 2 battery mods I've found, as they seem to give a better "hit" every time. I have a few single battery mods, but SELDOM use them!

Anyway, I live in Michigan and I'm a mom of 2 awesome sons, 1 of which serves in the military & the other is a carpenter. Nana to my grands ;)

Hi and Welcome to the forum.

:wave:

Supernoob

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Hello Fellow Vapers!

Howdy friend!

Hello Fellow Vapers!

I can relate ... dual batt mods are my preference also. I use Ohm's Law when matching coils to my desired wattage and the "Mooch" website when it's time for new batts. My fav mod is the Wismec Ravage230. Love it !! Silicone sleeve protector is a must on this mod.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
those silicon sleever send me potty, i have to fight with them, i am sure there are a few lying around the house gathering dust lol

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Greetings and welcome, Foggy Trails.

"Vaping has developed from a tool to quit smoking to a hobby to an obsession."

You echo the experience reported by many who post here.

"Happy to answer questions from newbies..."

That's the spirit. I appreciate that.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Welcome to VU @Foggy Trails! :vino:

I'm from the PRC (Peoples Republic of California) as well in Merced county. I'll hit my 8 year mark in a couple of weeks. I have pretty much the same story, vaped to quit the smokes and now it's a hobby. I DIY my juice and coils as well. We have a great DIY e-juice forum here with some great mixers and we always welcome new ideas and recipes. Check out the Bilder's Corner for some coil help and ideas.

those silicon sleever send me potty, i have to fight with them, i am sure there are a few lying around the house gathering dust lol
That's one of the things that is so great about the vape community. Different perspectives:) Soooo many different designs and options to get that vapor into the lungs:) I personally do not purchase a mod unless I can get a silicone sleeve to go with it. I grant you, they are not the most stylish option but they do have their advantages.

Welcome to VU @Foggy Trails! :vino:

I'm from the PRC (Peoples Republic of California) as well in Merced county. I'll hit my 8 year mark in a couple of weeks. I have pretty much the same story, vaped to quit the smokes and now it's a hobby. I DIY my juice and coils as well. We have a great DIY e-juice forum here with some great mixers and we always welcome new ideas and recipes. Check out the Bilder's Corner for some coil help and ideas.
Thx for the welcome and heads up, gopher. I will be checking out the mixer and builder forums. How do you get the animated emojis in your post?

Greetings and welcome, Foggy Trails.

"Vaping has developed from a tool to quit smoking to a hobby to an obsession."

You echo the experience reported by many who post here.

"Happy to answer questions from newbies..."

That's the spirit. I appreciate that.
Thx for the warm welcome, Bliss Doubt

VU Sponsors