Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
tumblr_o41pgqVJfT1r41unfo1_250_zps0tgitsvi.gif

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I posted this elsewhere, but am posting the update here, since the other kitteh thread disappeared.

Kitteh update:

I spoke with the vet yesterday. He's pretty confident that we're not dealing with a middle ear infection, nor vestibular disease at this time. Those would've both had time to have improved by now. Kitty has been affected neurologically at this point. Without an MRI, which I can't afford, he's not able to say with 100% certainty that it's a brain tumor, but he's leaning toward that, or something along the lines that something has affected Bosco's brain. He is not in pain, that he's made me aware of, he eats, drinks, bathes, and to the best of his ability uses his litter (I've had to make accommodations that suit him, successfully). He no longer falls all day long, but he's slow, off balance, can no longer jump up next to me, but he loves being held, he purrs like a baby and is very active still. Doc says his life right now is a satisfactory life and that he simply wants an update at the end of the month. He's being a real trooper through all this. I love my baby boy to pieces. And I'm also trying to remain practical. So... send him good thoughts.

Shark Vape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
MUD Slinger
What happened to the other thread BTW?...]
The (my) original thread was completely deleted (along with all 5000 of my other posts and threads)
when I was auto-banned due to a forum security problem they have chosen not to fix. :(

[/truth]

Reactions: trs

joeyboy

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I posted this elsewhere, but am posting the update here, since the other kitteh thread disappeared.

Kitteh update:

I spoke with the vet yesterday. He's pretty confident that we're not dealing with a middle ear infection, nor vestibular disease at this time. Those would've both had time to have improved by now. Kitty has been affected neurologically at this point. Without an MRI, which I can't afford, he's not able to say with 100% certainty that it's a brain tumor, but he's leaning toward that, or something along the lines that something has affected Bosco's brain. He is not in pain, that he's made me aware of, he eats, drinks, bathes, and to the best of his ability uses his litter (I've had to make accommodations that suit him, successfully). He no longer falls all day long, but he's slow, off balance, can no longer jump up next to me, but he loves being held, he purrs like a baby and is very active still. Doc says his life right now is a satisfactory life and that he simply wants an update at the end of the month. He's being a real trooper through all this. I love my baby boy to pieces. And I'm also trying to remain practical. So... send him good thoughts.
I am so sorry to hear that. That brings back memories for me.

Shark Vape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
MUD Slinger
...He's being a real trooper through all this. I love my baby boy to pieces. And I'm also trying to remain practical.
So... send him good thoughts.
I will do that. I hope he gets better.

Frightnight

VU Donator
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Kitteh update:

Sorry to hear about Bosco. I hope the illness somehow clears up on it's own.
Prayers for the little guy.

Tom

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Kitteh update:

Sending Bosco positive well wshes. Do remember to take care of yourself Huck!
2e01ce35-32c8-46b0-b963-0f39cf0227ca.jpg

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, all this just blows; news that Bosco really isn't getting better, and the deletion of the other whole thread. :mad: Much love to Bosco, Huck, and lots of snuggles to your purrbaby.

And I have to repost this, as it's the funniest cat GIF that *I* have ever run across:

catgif-fuckthis.gif

Our kitty has some issues from apparently being allergic to her flea collar; all around her neck and throat had gotten raw/matted before we discovered it and took it off her. My husband is tending to it with a warm washcloth every night to keep it clean, and he did use some of the antibiotic ointment, Huck, so hopefully it will heal up on its own, now that the collar is gone. I think we're gonna get some of the those drops you put on the back of their head/neck, where they can't lick, to keep the bloodsuckers off her -- but after a really bad spot on the back of her neck is healed.

I took a new pic the other night, she was sprawled out beside me so fetchingly. :D

mybaby060616.jpg

That's her treat plate behind her -- empty of course; treats never last long around THAT fat cat! :D

Andria

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Some flea collars a while back were recalled for bad chemicals in them , Hartz comes to mind , hopefully that wasn't the brand you used

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
and he did use some of the antibiotic ointment, Huck, so hopefully it will heal up on its own, now that the collar is gone.
I hope so, too. It worked great for Penny when she had a scratch on her face and the vet said it was safe. Best wishes to Tuxie too.

Much love to Bosco, Huck, and lots of snuggles to your purrbaby.
Thank you :hug:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Some flea collars a while back were recalled for bad chemicals in them , Hartz comes to mind , hopefully that wasn't the brand you used

I don't really know, TBH; my husband bought it, and I'm not sure I ever saw the box. We usually buy the medium-priced ones at Walmart. Last year, she got just a little irritated around her throat, but we thought maybe the collar was too tight; it was already getting into fall when we discovered it, so we just left it off her. We put this one on her about 4-6 wks ago, when it first started getting warm, and it's a lot worse than it ever was last year. Could be that last year was when she got sensitized to the allergen, so this year it didn't take long at all to really bother her. The first couple summers, we did use the drops, and I don't recall them giving her any problems, so we'll go back to that.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I hope so, too. It worked great for Penny when she had a scratch on her face and the vet said it was safe. Best wishes to Tuxie too.

Thx! She doesn't seem too bothered by it, so I'm hoping it's not too painful, it just looks awful. So far, so good, on the flea situation; haven't noticed her scratching more than usual, so hopefully she can hang in there till it gets healed and we can get some drops on her; late summer, the fleas are really bad.

Andria

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I seriously doubt my husband will go for any collar that expensive, even though she's HIS baby more than mine. And TBH, I'm leery about putting any kind of flea collar on her now. We've never used Frontline, didn't even know they made it for cats. Not sure what brand the drops were, that we used before; they cost a little more than a collar, but nothing as extreme as the Seresto.

Andria

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think also the cost ($45) is for 8 months of protection
I indulge in them because my savings are worth unwanted vet trips x 3 dogs:) LOL
I have never skimped when it comes to my beloved fur babies;)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
@AndriaD I use these (for my Dogs) and they are vet approved, lasts 8 months
Well worth the savings/cost if you add up the frontline costs per month, they are offering a $15 rebate per collar as well right now

https://www.amazon.com/Bayer-Seresto-Flea-Tick-Collar/dp/B00B8CG5NK?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0
This is what I have on Bosco and Penny. I did a LOT of research on them. I couldn't find one single negative report on them. Yes, they're definitely pricey, but the monthly treatments end up costing more in the long run. I asked the vet a TON of questions on top of the research. Yes, it's an 8 month collar. Crazy, huh?

Stasha takes Trifexis monthly. Also pricey, but she had a bad bad reaction last year to flea bites, even being on the drops. For such a large dog, she's quite dainty, LOL.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Kitteh update:

Hopefully everything gets better for the cat soon...Cheers!

VU Sponsors