Become a Patron!

What did you do today that is vape related?

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I put a build in the Elder Dragon and I l-l-l-love it! It's the only single coil RDA or RTA for that matter that I truly like. Put some Strawberry Custard in and it vapes like a dream. I like how the 810 walls are thick and just a tad larger than a 510 opening.

Thanks for introducing me to it @Just Frank ! Indeed, you are the enabler. Keep 'em comin'. ?

On another note, once again my sister leaves here with the Swag 2 kit, 3 boxes of coils, 5 120s and a smile. Oh, she paid me $20. ?
They're my favorites! I love to use them, especially on mech squonks or mech-like squonk mods. Best vape I've ever experienced. I use those bigger coils I sent you (N80 3x26/36) but only 5 wraps instead of 6. They're usually right at or around .2Ω.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
They're my favorites! I love to use them, especially on mech squonks or mech-like squonk mods. Best vape I've ever experienced. I use those bigger coils I sent you (N80 3x26/36) but only 5 wraps instead of 6. They're usually right at or around .2Ω.

That's about where I run mine, too - between 0.20 and 0.25 - although I think all of mine still have staged coils in them. They'll do well with parallel 26ga SS wire coils, too.

I can't think of an RDA I like better, even for a lot more money. I'm very glad I picked up several of them while they were still widely available, and for a while there, they were even cheap. Not any more, though!

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Searched for a drip tip / top cap for my flave 24 (clone) - Trying to figure out the value of an authentic Flave 22 RDTA tank to trade or sell. I like the 24 more than the 22 I discovered.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Placed an order with BCF for some flavors. Some fruits and ws-23 and some 60ml bottles. Should probably order some nicotine too soon, only have about a thirteen month supply right now.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I finally got all but my building supply boxes in my new vape panty (I need a name for that). My box of boxes, my backup box, other hardware I want to sell and my extra accessories box in there. Oh, and my foot massage bath ?. All that's left is my building tools and supplies and DIY.

Vape Storage Closet 2.jpg

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Ordered a couple of mechs from The Serial Vapist. A Revolver G2 and an MCM Underground series box. Early Christmas presents to me. Also 4 gallons VG and 2 gallons PG from Heartland Vapes.
And $200 worth of flavors from BCF.
Now I wait to see how bad the PO and so on screws this up.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Yes, I got two from MFS and two from Vaporl when their US warehouse was closing down. I think they were around $11-12. I'm always recommending them but they're definitely getting harder to find.
I found some. SS, Gold, Blue and Rainbow. Shipping is $11 though.
I'm still searching for black to go with my Topside Lite. I suppose I'll use the gunmetal for now. I can see why they they would work great with a squonk mod. I can only drip 8-10 drops at a time on the Pico.

Last edited:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm still searching for black to go with my Topside Lite
They're pretty hard to find online. I've made threads asking about them or for them (wanted to buy). Some asshole on Reddit ripped me off for $20 or so. He said he had one and would send it to me.

Another guy answered my thread and said his local shop was expecting some. I thought it might have been BS. A week later he said he bought one for me, and then mailed it to me. I sent some stuff his way as a thank you and he loves my alien coils. I've sent more even so he don't run out any time soon. Nice guy to do that for me. I now have at least one of ever color.
20200921_191813_HDR(1).jpg

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
original.jpg
Fuck off troll.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was checking out the decks I got for my Supreme tanks. The mesh one fit fine but the single coil one didn't. I was ready to start sanding the insulator when I decided to just take it apart first. I put it back together and it slid right in. I don't know what the deal was but it must not have been assembled correctly. It works now though. I set it up and put an alien coil in it.

It's not too bad. I think maybe the Lite has it beat for flavor, but I love the versatility of the Supreme decks. I'll try the mesh one next.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
I have a black Purge Slim Piece that came with ultem hardware. I found a used brass one that has all black hardware so I bought it and switched the hardware.
Now my black one is all murdered out and the brass looks awesome with the Ultem hardware.
df9ea3b344c598f7fe0aa0e5027d0751.jpg

278b3ba1474902bda2801169d126f48a.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have a black Purge Slim Piece that came with ultem hardware. I found a used brass one that has all black hardware so I bought it and switched the hardware.
Now my black one is all murdered out and the brass looks awesome with the Ultem hardware.
df9ea3b344c598f7fe0aa0e5027d0751.jpg

278b3ba1474902bda2801169d126f48a.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away
Great swapping! Love how @Just Frank switches their stuff around also. I did it with my Avenger Mods. Made one all black and the other one has the purple panels. Nothing is more fun than switching stuff around and when it "clicks" it's awesome!

Last edited:

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got an old Boxxer DNA squonker working - has lines on the screen but it's working.

Ran to the PO for a couple of ecig shipments and getting the Dreamer ready to ship.

I tried fixing an older topside also but it won't recognize an atty and I've given up for the night.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
9396a2a2e194b75e13d2ac82551116ef.jpg

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Made a pair of Framed Aliens today...

First try

577d09ecd5e00f1a7cce3a2b92f77b0b.jpg

Have to admit, I much prefer these over my regular aliens... but I can make 3 sets of tri-core or quad cores in the time it takes me to make one of these

I’ll get more proficient in time.

2-28N80/6-.3KA/36N80 2.5mm 4/5 wrap

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Besides charging batteries(hahaha....it’s like laundry or dishes....always there to do), I washed out a couple of bottles and FINALLY packaged up some testers for someone desiring chocolate ejuice. Took a while....if ya mix, you know that chocolates are notoriously difficult to deal with, unless you like band aids and tootsie rolls. Lol! Besides that, going through my inventory to see if I need to take advantage of any BF sales.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Besides charging batteries(hahaha....it’s like laundry or dishes....always there to do), I washed out a couple of bottles and FINALLY packaged up some testers for someone desiring chocolate ejuice. Took a while....if ya mix, you know that chocolates are notoriously difficult to deal with, unless you like band aids and tootsie rolls. Lol! Besides that, going through my inventory to see if I need to take advantage of any BF sales.
I went to order some CP from Chef's... ALL GONE! my goodness LOL... not hurting for any, but more is better haha

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I still have 200ml+... poor me I know lol... but more is better ;) can drink the stuff (not!) but if you could... my goodness
Oh I would. In a heartbeat. Lol!

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
That's about where I run mine, too - between 0.20 and 0.25 - although I think all of mine still have staged coils in them. They'll do well with parallel 26ga SS wire coils, too.

I can't think of an RDA I like better, even for a lot more money. I'm very glad I picked up several of them while they were still widely available, and for a while there, they were even cheap. Not any more, though!
Yes, I got two from MFS and two from Vaporl when their US warehouse was closing down. I think they were around $11-12. I'm always recommending them but they're definitely getting harder to find.
I ordered from Wotofo at $19.95 ea. I'm really enjoying this little thing. I'm getting gurgling and spit-back now. I'll try more cotton.

SpectoVia

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU SWAT
What did I do today that is vape related?

well......
I posted something here at VU for the first time in about 4 months.

I felt like I "hit a plateau" in regards to new hardware or new juice suppliers.
I was about to make a new mod purchase and remembered I had 2 brand new Aegis Solo mods, a Pico Dual kit, a Vaporesso Tarot Nano kit, and a CoV Trident kit that I have never used; not to mention, about 4 or 5 Atlantis type tanks on stand by. I guess I have grown content with the hardware I have and realize my "ooh, a new shiny thing" adventurous vaping spirit has subsided.

I had already been picky about where I got juice. After a few trips outside of my liquid bubble, I pretty much just get juice from Higgy's or Verde Valley Vapes.
(mostly because their liquids "burn clean" and don't gunk up my Atlantis coils and, no joke, I can go through 80 - 120 mls before the coil gets funky)

I have missed the homies though and hope everyone is well.
Blessings to you and yours

Specto

p.s. here's who I've been chillin' out with just to make everybody say
"awwwwww"
E6DF4045-EC38-4A45-8B76-0CC32DC28123.jpeg

Ruppy_bear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So last month I got a rouge USA clone. This month I got a new mod. Bought the fush 3days ago and came in the day before. I want it for few years now and if it wasnt becuz my old cooper rouge clone was a ticking time bomb, I wouldnt have had the eye. Oh well, this month just fucked me up thanks to jack ma's shopping holiday.

Attachments

• IMG_20201026_201129.jpg
    IMG_20201026_201129.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20201123_185936.jpg
    IMG_20201123_185936.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20201123_190216.jpg
    IMG_20201123_190216.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20201123_195854.jpg
    IMG_20201123_195854.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 7

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Saw an ad for Smok's new TFV18 tank. Went to their site to see how if differed from the TFV16. There's not much difference but noticed they took the same coils, and there's an RBA coming! Finally, another Smok RBA for something other than a pod. It looks like a postless deck. If you scroll down on this page, you can take a look-
https://www.smoktech.com/atomizer/tfv18

Saw an ad for Smok's new TFV18 tank. Went to their site to see how if differed from the TFV16. There's not much difference but noticed they took the same coils, and there's an RBA coming! Finally, another Smok RBA for something other than a pod. It looks like a postless deck. If you scroll down on this page, you can take a look-
https://www.smoktech.com/atomizer/tfv18
Dang. What a bummer. I have two tfv16, gone with the wind and on to 18. Alas it does have rba (me being noob, I'm in) plus that single mesh is at 0.33 where the 16 single mesh is at 0.17

Last edited:

Freyja

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Built my 1st sub-Ohm RTA. Then fixed it. Then fixed it again (thank you, @nadalama :) -- it seems to be working well now).

Resisted a bunch of Thanksgiving/Black Friday sales.
Still, this second, resisting 30% off at Nude Nicotine and $35 off a Dovpo Top Gear DNA & a Jackaroo Dual at MyVPro. Would like to have the mods because they're supposed to be very well-made & long-lived but even with the discount they're expensive. The nic would be good to have as insurance but there's no room left in the freezer. :(

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Dang. What a bummer. I have two tfv16, gone with the wind
Does this mean you lost them? I've seen them around for under $20 now, so I might grab one more. Their "Big improvement" with the TFV18 is supposedly copper contact points in the base for better conductivity. Besides that, it looks like the same tank to me.. As always, I'll end up getting a Blue one. I have just about every Blue subohm tank they've ever made. Can't stop now.. ? .

No I have them still. But I think the 16 singles might a little smaller. Than again I didn't pay enough attention to see if they had some dimensions on the coils.

It appears the only difference is the bottom of the coil. But only the single.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I looked around all day and didn't see any jaw dropping deals like in years past.. I didn't spend any money all day until about 20 minutes ago. I thought I'd see something that I'd "just had to have". There was really no temptation though. My sole purchase was spares of an RDA I already have 6 of ? . I never want to be without one so they're just security.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Have to admit, I much prefer these over my regular aliens...
This is what I thought too. I'm not so sure anymore though. I'd been using an Alien coil in my RDA on a mech squonk. I replaced it with a Fralien I made and the flavor was awesome but different. I didn't like the difference so I went back to a regular alien. Maybe the juice I'm using has something to do with it. I'm not giving up on fraliens though that's for sure.

I hear ya about prep time. Keeping the ribbons all nice and neat is a chore. It takes me a good while before I can start spinning. Regular aliens are so much quicker to get done.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
This is what I thought too. I'm not so sure anymore though. I'd been using an Alien coil in my RDA on a mech squonk. I replaced it with a Fralien I made and the flavor was awesome but different. I didn't like the difference so I went back to a regular alien. Maybe the juice I'm using has something to do with it. I'm not giving up on fraliens though that's for sure.

I hear ya about prep time. Keeping the ribbons all nice and neat is a chore. It takes me a good while before I can start spinning. Regular aliens are so much quicker to get done.

Indeed.

I made my 3rd set just now, and they are probably one of the best coils I’ve spun to date...

Absolute best was a 3.28.40 single I did for my Haku Venna long ago... that thing was sexy

72b293eee43e62d6cde3a986229f9834.jpg

Just my old potato phone takes horrible pictures

This set took 25mins to make, which was faster than the last set.

Guess I’ll watch the Mandalorian episode now...

Cosmic

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thank You, @Countrypami for posting up all those great Black Friday deals.....Yeti Vape has a BOGO deal, and picked up a couple of bottles of Haze Cap juice, haven't had that in a long time and thought I'd better now. That's a great hazelnut cappuccino juice....if I like it again as much as I did before, gonna search around on here for similar recipes and try my hand at it.

Last edited:

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Thank You, @Countrypami for posting up all those great Black Friday deals.....Yeti Vape has a BOGO deal, and picked up a couple of bottles of Haze Cap juice, haven't had that in a long time and thought I'd better now. That's a great hazelnut cappuccino juice....if I like it again as much as I did before, gonna search around on here for similar recipes and try my hand at it.
You are very welcome! :xmastree:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Cheap fuckers never sent a flashlight with my last 2 orders
They've never included anything extra in any of my orders. The last time I ordered about $80 worth of stuff. I left a message in my notes about feeling left out because I saw and read about free flash lights and fans. They must not have cared though. I haven't been back there to shop. I'll buy from IMR or that other 18650 place.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just bought another Grus, eightvape sale 50% off all mods, making the Grus only $20, that's cheaper than china and really liking the 1st Grus I got, so was a no brainier, also include a free disposable too, woohoo bet that is great lol

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Liionwholesale is the only one I've ever gotten flashlights from, and it was no matter the amount of the order.

18650batterystore has never sent me a flashlight, and I never expected them to. I figured that's why their shipping is $4 instead of $8. We only need so many flashlights anyway.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Liionwholesale is the only one I've ever gotten flashlights from, and it was no matter the amount of the order.

18650batterystore has never sent me a flashlight, and I never expected them to. I figured that's why their shipping is $4 instead of $8. We only need so many flashlights anyway.

Yea the flashlight free is just a black friday promotion, which comes in handy, as my son needs one when he goes out in the evening, he keeps stealing mine and doesn't put it back, so now he can keep that one and I will keep the new one.

VU Sponsors