Become a Patron!

What did you do today that is vape related?

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I swear, y'all. I am so damn compulsive, I get on my own nerves sometimes.

This is the way it always goes. Get a new shiny thing. Don't matter what it is - mod or atty or drip tip - and then my mind starts just rolling things around. That would do better on that other rig, try it, no, it' doesn't, but it might do better on THAT one. Oh but then the sizes don't match up or I've got two of the same style mods with two different types of atty on them, and one is the wrong color or the drip tip doesn't go, or some damn picky-ass thing.

In the last several weeks I've gotten a second iJoy Shogun Univ mod from Wetvapes, an Imp RDA from Vaperz Cloud, a Recoil Rebel from @gadget!, and a 22mm Flave RDTA from @jcash74. Y'all would not believe the number of different combinations of pieces that I have tried since then, and not just involving these four pieces of gear. I will keep messing with all my active rigs for about two weeks (that's how it usually goes) until I have combinations that I don't think can get any better, or it may lead to me buying something else that is just the "perfect" piece to make everything go together like it should.

I bought a rose gold Goon to go on a copper Admiral tube clone, and the color and finish just isn't right. It has about worried me to death. I'd rather have a stainless RDA on the copper tube than to have a rose gold or copper RDA that is just a tad "off." So the Goon is now on a Tesla Punk Nano regulated tube (color isn't exactly right there, either, but I rarely use this piece), the Recoil Rebel is on the Admiral, the Mjolnir is on my stainless Vindicator where the Rebel used to be, and the Flave RDTA is on the Cold Steel where the Mjolnir used to be.

See what I mean? Christ, I drive myself crazy. But in the process of doing that, I have discovered that it's gonna be hard to beat this Rebel on the Admiral clone tube. Those two pieces vape like they were made for each other.
OMG! I've been doing the same thing for daayyss. It really is nerve-wracking. This is pretty much SOP for me.

The amount of time it takes just for these decisions severely cuts into my day. I hope you find your perfect match. Sell the others to finance those new purchases. Lord knows I will!

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Got an email alert on a good Xmas sale here for everything vape related from our great supplier Vapoureyes. Went a bit nuts. Ordered a heap of flavours, most actually for the misses to use in cooking. She's hooked on many to make muffins and cakes. Her muffins are awesome! I call her "The Muffin Queen". So I said "make a list and lets get some" all 40% off. I only got 1 for me out of the dozen plus she got. But had to jump at an Aegis Max Black Tungsten and 21700 battery on sale for myself. :giggle: Just to balance it out.
? she doesn't know about the Aegis yet!

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Still catching up reading changes to Aussie poisons standard that come into effect October next year

Not impressed, regardless

Hopefully they soften over time

ChainVapeS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mixed 180 ml of juice, charged some batteries...
Drooled over a couple mechs in the hardware section and in the hand checks. Someday I'll get a nice, higher end 2x700 tube. Not a purchase that I see in my immediate future tho, with life beating the hell out of me and all.

Freyja

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Tried an experiment this morning: I usually vape 18mg or at least 12 1st thing each day -- I was one of those wake up & light-up immediately smokers -- then 6mg for most of the day. Well, I'm getting over a cold & am still a little phlegmy (almost no vaping there for a few days... ugh!) so tried a more mild 3mg mix today.
Did NOT do it for me. Easier on the inhale, yes, but after 2 hours of steady vaping, was still feeling more & more desperate for a cigarette. Lesson learned.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Tried an experiment this morning: I usually vape 18mg or at least 12 1st thing each day -- I was one of those wake up & light-up immediately smokers -- then 6mg for most of the day. Well, I'm getting over a cold & am still a little phlegmy (almost no vaping there for a few days... ugh!) so tried a more mild 3mg mix today.
Did NOT do it for me. Easier on the inhale, yes, but after 2 hours of steady vaping, was still feeling more & more desperate for a cigarette. Lesson learned.

That’s a huge jump

I did gradual steps... 18/16/9/6/3/1.5

Still rock 9mg in my billetbox when out and about... 1-2 toots and straight for a long while.

But my daily vaping is 1.5mg on mechs at .10

Run what you need... if your goal is to reduce... smaller steps IMO

Good luck

Be rad, be safe, wear a

Freyja

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
That’s a huge jump

I did gradual steps... 18/16/9/6/3/1.5

Still rock 9mg in my billetbox when out and about... 1-2 toots and straight for a long while.

But my daily vaping is 1.5mg on mechs at .10

Run what you need... if your goal is to reduce... smaller steps IMO

Good luck

Be rad, be safe, wear a
At this point, my goal isn't to reduce nic, just to get it from something satisfying other than tobacco smoke. A lot of vapers are the same, seems to me. But more power to you if you want to reduce, definitely. Mechs at .1 must be pretty intense even with low nic, huh?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
At this point, my goal isn't to reduce nic, just to get it from something satisfying other than tobacco smoke. A lot of vapers are the same, seems to me. But more power to you if you want to reduce, definitely. Mechs at .1 must be pretty intense even with low nic, huh?
I think its rather normal, not so much intense.

Warmth wise... my Billet Box with the VapeSnail with a 1Ω at 25w seems warmer, the whole condensed chamber and Chimney compared to the less restrictive air flow of say the Asgard Mini RDA... and funny thing is, both use a different type coil, but both 2.5mm diameter haha

I hope you do find that happy place, just know that how ever much you need, is what you need... and maybe when the time comes, reduction might be in your cards.

Be rad, be safe!

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The whole USPS thing related to vaping products has me a bit concerned. I read something @Vape Fan posted about shipping costs are probably going to go up tremendously. Lord knows I don't actually need anything anymore. There is one juice that I'd rather not live without. I just ordered 10 more bottles of it for $92 and got free shipping. I probably have about that in my closet.

I haven't done much more reading about it but seeing the topic is being posted all over. I knew with the PMTA BS that we'd inevitably have to pay more. It makes me mad that everyone's trying to gouge us or act like what we do is so dangerous and terrible..

Just read this at TBD liquids-

Gregory Conley, president of the American Vaping Association, commented on the bill’s likely passage:

“While there is no shortage of talk in Congress about the importance of small businesses and social distancing, the decision to shove this ban in the middle of a pandemic relief package reveals how hollow that rhetoric is. Many Americans at risk of COVID-19 complications have been staying home and ordering their supplies online, but Congress just decided they should either pay much more for shipping or go to a retail store that may not stock the product they use to stay off deadly cigarettes.”

“If the increase in shipping costs wasn’t enough, the bill also imposes huge paperwork burdens on small retailers, and backs it up with threats of imprisonment for even innocent mistakes. This is not a law designed to regulate the mail-order sale of vaping products to adults; it’s an attempt to eliminate it.

"There are still 36 million American adults smoking combustible cigarettes and over 400,000 will die from smoking-related illnesses this year alone. The American people should start questioning why their government is so intent on making it harder for adults to quit smoking."

Last edited:

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just got my Pico Squeeze 2 via the mail with free shipping. Tax and all made it under $24. The pair of 27100 batteries i got (to make sure i always have a fresh one for it) came to just under $25.

Even if I have to pay for UPS to deliver vape stuff, it is still going to be a far better deal than going to brick and mortar rip-off joints that never have what I want most of the time. For example, drip tips higher than one centimeter have not been available at any B&M store around here since before the pandemic hit. Mods? Most B&M stores only sell pod devices.

Freyja

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Made my 1st coil!

Wanted to try the RBA for my Wismec R80 pod mod. Stocked up on drop-in coils for it, but these eyes ain't getting any younger or sharper, and that RBA is small, so I'm holding back on those. I've done RTAs, with some success & some failure, but only used pre-built coils. Took out one of the smallest ones for the RBA but even that was too big. The RBA doesn't come with a coil but does include some wire. "What the Hell..." The instructions included are next to useless, like all instructions from Chinese vape companies, and there are only a couple of badly done build videos on YouTube that aren't very helpful, so there was much trial & error. Took a few tries to get it small enough & a couple more to get it secured (without decent instructions, it took 10 minutes just to get off the top cap -- there's notches & little protrusions securing it but no mention or illustration of that in the instructions or videos), but I did it and it's working fine.

That was yesterday. Also yesterday, all of us in the US read about the new & devastating restrictions on vape mail coming soon via the federal budget/covid relief bill. I stocked up over the Summer ahead of the Sept. PMTA deadline and had resolved to refrain from buying any more vape equipment; the news made me re-think that. Though I'd resisted every Black Friday deal, I spent (too much) time looking at Xmas sales for good deals on higher-end mods in the Gen to Odin DNA range, and on pod mods that, like the R80, have 510 adapters (Kroma-Z, Lost Vape Hybrid, et al). Though there were some good prices, like a $32 Gen S & a $120 Odin Mini DNA75c, I didn't order anything. "You've got enough." "But what if..." "No, you're stocked up." "Yeah, but something could..." "No! You've spent too much already!"

This morning, finishing a cigarette & resolving that's the only one today & getting out the R80, I remembered seeing this some days ago ... https://www.roadsidevapes.com/produ...bonus-510-adapter?_pos=2&_sid=47ebd09ca&_ss=r ... and thought of my success with the RDA. It looks to me like it's sort of a mechanical rebuildable MTL pod mod with a 510 adapter. $175 on clearance for $80 - 22% holiday discount = nearly half the Odin MIni's price and, being mechanical, should last forever with proper care. Though I've never spent close to even that discounted amount on one mod and, if my regulated mods outlive me, I may never use it, I placed the order (for the last one, looks like) and feel confident now that I'm stocked for life. (Even have a couple of silver tanks that should match the highlights.)

I deleted all the marketing e-mails from my inbox.

Sorry if the post is too long. Just felt the need to share, plus I'm procrastinating on the holiday cooking I've gotta do.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Made my 1st coil!

Yay! :) Welcome to the dark side(tm). They keep saying there's cookies but, ... ;)

The RBA doesn't come with a coil but does include some wire. "What the Hell..." The instructions included are next to useless, like all instructions from Chinese vape companies, and there are only a couple of badly done build videos on YouTube that aren't very helpful, so there was much trial & error. Took a few tries to get it small enough & a couple more to get it secured (without decent instructions, it took 10 minutes just to get off the top cap -- there's notches & little protrusions securing it but no mention or illustration of that in the instructions or videos), but I did it and it's working fine.

Congrats on sticking with it and gettin' 'er done. I knew, "you can do iiiit!" :)

I didn't order anything. "You've got enough." "But what if..." "No, you're stocked up." "Yeah, but something could..." "No! You've spent too much already!"

"Does that sound like you?" "It might but we really ought not go 'round telling such things." "Why not?" "people tend look at us funny and think all kinds of things, ..." "Um, and that matters why?"

You take those fits often? :giggle:

I deleted all the marketing e-mails from my inbox.

Tsk, tsk, tsk now, I need to update the database to send you three times as many more. *grins*

Yesterday, I made a simple single strand of 26 awg (American Wire Gauge) Kanthal A1 coil. It had an ID (internal diameter) of 3 mm. The wrap count was 2. It read out at .34 ohm but I'm rounding to call it .35, figure it fires between .34 to .37 so calling it .35 isn't too far out of hand. That coil went into the "Thunderstorm" RDA on the Thunderstorm mod. It's an RDA what is likely designed to use dual coils. My preference is single coil. *shrugs*

Aside from that just been vaping, refilling squonk bottles in mods, vaping on. I'm pondering upon buying another Wismec Luxotic squonk mod. It's a half mechanical as it uses a mosfet (safety) switch. I really don't need the switch but it's no harm using it and is allegedly safer. Besides that I like the feel and look of the Luxotic mods. I like topping them with a Oumier Wasp Nano, which imho, makes a nice overall kit. I call it a Luxotic Wasp kit. Not to be confused with Murder Hornets. *grin*

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yay! :) Welcome to the dark side(tm). They keep saying there's cookies but, ... ;)

Congrats on sticking with it and gettin' 'er done. I knew, "you can do iiiit!" :)

"Does that sound like you?" "It might but we really ought not go 'round telling such things." "Why not?" "people tend look at us funny and think all kinds of things, ..." "Um, and that matters why?"

You take those fits often? :giggle:

Tsk, tsk, tsk now, I need to update the database to send you three times as many more. *grins*

Yesterday, I made a simple single strand of 26 awg (American Wire Gauge) Kanthal A1 coil. It had an ID (internal diameter) of 3 mm. The wrap count was 2. It read out at .34 ohm but I'm rounding to call it .35, figure it fires between .34 to .37 so calling it .35 isn't too far out of hand. That coil went into the "Thunderstorm" RDA on the Thunderstorm mod. It's an RDA what is likely designed to use dual coils. My preference is single coil. *shrugs*

Aside from that just been vaping, refilling squonk bottles in mods, vaping on. I'm pondering upon buying another Wismec Luxotic squonk mod. It's a half mechanical as it uses a mosfet (safety) switch. I really don't need the switch but it's no harm using it and is allegedly safer. Besides that I like the feel and look of the Luxotic mods. I like topping them with a Oumier Wasp Nano, which imho, makes a nice overall kit. I call it a Luxotic Wasp kit. Not to be confused with Murder Hornets. *grin*
Oumier made a mosfet squonk mod, the kit includes a matching wasp nano. I seen them for around $25 in clearance bins. Here is a link if you have not seen it before. (I never used this site, it just happened to be the first to pop up on the search)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oumier made a mosfet squonk mod, the kit includes a matching wasp nano. I seen them for around $25 in clearance bins. Here is a link if you have not seen it before. (I never used this site, it just happened to be the first to pop up on the search)

Yep, have seen those style of kits. Appreciate they're Oumier, but be dog gone if I can see me carrying 'round one what looks a gilded snipe. *chuckles*

casketweaver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Gennies—cause i’m OLD. I haven’t built any gennies in over 3 years. No time. Had one working Cobra that i used @home and Juuls out and about. Started building up a storm couple of weeks ago. Got an AGI. I LOVE this thing!
Merry Christmas
View attachment 175217View attachment 175218View attachment 175219
Nothing says "GET SHIT ON!" quite like a genesis. I have a few. Love them to death. Build em right, and they're awesome for that throwback Thursday.

What did I do that was vape related? Built my vaping shrine.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

GrowthCurve

Member For 4 Years
Nothing says "GET SHIT ON!" quite like a genesis. I have a few. Love them to death. Build em right, and they're awesome for that throwback Thursday.

What did I do that was vape related? Built my vaping shrine.

cabin fever and a little case of shinyitis. I ruined my DiDs by drilling out the air holes. i have a couple of Lines that i save as collector items. Genuine Cobras and 1-1 Cobra clones. The Cobra is the only high-end genny that i have coiled up. A Sat 22 clone from Canada ?? and all the rest Youde gennies. Everything with 32g and 34g Kanthal because i’m a masochist. The aga TD i played around with 28g nichrome and two meshs. Good build but i like a long draw so i tore it down and i’m going to try the build with 30g nichrome and two meshs.
I love Youde because i can beat the hell out of them, they withstand my abuse, and if i accidentally ruin one i don’t feel bad.

i need to reorganize my vape hoard/bird room ?

Merry Merry ?

Last edited:

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ordered some stuff on sale, a few mods. Got blessed with plenty of goodies for Christmas, some mixers, bottles, different cotton to try out (13feets), ultrasonic cleaner. A tool kit with precision tips hopefully sized right to fit my atomizers, tired of using the tritool finally. Ran an rda through the ultrasonic, seemed to come out pretty clean. Not entirely sure about the coils, will have to give a dry fire and see how they do.

I typically scrub them at the sink with some soap and a toothbrush. They're older coils so a bit darker in color anyway, looked like some crud came out of them. Just tired of playing the scrub game especially with multiple atomizers. And not being able to get in the nooks and crannies inside the airflow on rta's. Have timed it a few times, seems like by the time I get an rta off the mod, twisted apart, pulse the coils and remove the old wick, wash, scrub, rinse and scrub some more to get all the soap out, dry everything, rewick and get it back together I'm into it for 20-30min. Just all the dicking around one piece at a time.

With the us cleaner ran it with soapy water for a couple 7.5min cycles in warm soapy water, rinsed (basket's super handy for a light rinse), a third 7.5min cycle with clean water and rinsed. But all I had to do was push the button a couple times, didn't have to babysit it. 750ml so should be plenty of room to clean multiple atties at the same time. Just ran the one through it to see how it did.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Playing catch up in the forum. About to recoil a tank, went bonkers out of nowhere.

I had one do that last night! Flave RDTA that I had on a Minikin 2 all of a sudden didn't know whether to be .55 ohms or 1.62 ohms. It was crazy!

I think it must be caused by planetary alignment or something. What do you think?

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Did some of you guys have had custom paint jobs done to mechs and RDAs? I think I saw that before on here. Can someone let me know who the company was? I imagine you mail them the items and tell them what you want done?

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, did it late last night actually. Might do it again today though.
I replaced the 510 on a Molly, and it's GREAT.
I wish I had silver contacts, too - but I don't.
And now, I think I may have to find a couple more MM 510's becaue that's the only one that fits (I think) in a Molly, and they slowly seep and get cruddy. I'd put in a Reset, but that would require (I think) drilling the body to take a bigger plate. And I'm pretty bad at that kind of thing.

Anyway -this one is shiny and clean and working perfectly again.

MM 510 replaced.jpg

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Did some of you guys have had custom paint jobs done to mechs and RDAs? I think I saw that before on here. Can someone let me know who the company was? I imagine you mail them the items and tell them what you want done?

Had mine done by Purge custom coating.

Chose one of their colors from 100, chose a simple all one color job... mailed it in, waited 2 weeks.

$35 simple color and goes up in price.

Plus shipping to and from.

792733e0cd46d43b6a3c32630f904aab.jpg

844655975fce86a0b9077a4ab5192f59.png

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Had mine done by Purge custom coating.

Chose one of their colors from 100, chose a simple all one color job... mailed it in, waited 2 weeks.

$35 simple color and goes up in price.

Plus shipping to and from.

792733e0cd46d43b6a3c32630f904aab.jpg

844655975fce86a0b9077a4ab5192f59.png
Wow that looks awesome. We're you the one with the green and red one too? I think I saw something like that. Thanks for the info.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I had one do that last night! Flave RDTA that I had on a Minikin 2 all of a sudden didn't know whether to be .55 ohms or 1.62 ohms. It was crazy!

I think it must be caused by planetary alignment or something. What do you think?
Sounds good to me. Maybe it's still protesting Pluto's loss. I swear, my kanthal coils used to last longer than stainless. I get the wire from Wire Optim/LV. Maybe it's just the builder, lol.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow that looks awesome. We're you the one with the green and red one too? I think I saw something like that. Thanks for the info.

No, not my color ways, or choices... ever ;)

Can't see many colors, sadly... and much of the items in life I own, are the colors I can see.

Like clothes... Dark blues, grays, some Light Brown and Brown, Black.

See me in Middle School... Jeans T shirt - Blue Gray... see me now... Shorts T Shirt, Blue Gray LOL

Wife fucked me up one year, got me a red shirt... thought it was Gray for the longest time... last year she's ever bought me clothing too ;)

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
I sent the mod into them and they all came out awesome. I have two that I just sent to them that I can't wait to get back.

Here are the three I had done
171fc4b2f66e7d8a07f2ddfefe6e0eeb.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You can customize plain jane mechs to your liking...

For instance... purge also does laser engraving, as does Armageddon (Immortal Modz)

Does get pricey though... but you ever want to make that plain jane mech you own a one off... come up with a design picture that they can scan, and whoop, input into the laser program and a plain tube now has your one off design... then you can pay to have the engraving infilled with a different color etc.

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, did it late last night actually. Might do it again today though.
I replaced the 510 on a Molly, and it's GREAT.
I wish I had silver contacts, too - but I don't.
And now, I think I may have to find a couple more MM 510's becaue that's the only one that fits (I think) in a Molly, and they slowly seep and get cruddy. I'd put in a Reset, but that would require (I think) drilling the body to take a bigger plate. And I'm pretty bad at that kind of thing.

Anyway -this one is shiny and clean and working perfectly again.

View attachment 175425
Does the molly use a 16mm or 18mm plate? I know I have seen the reset with different size plates before, I think divavap.com has them (which i think is the main website for molly mods as well).

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Does the molly use a 16mm or 18mm plate? I know I have seen the reset with different size plates before, I think divavap.com has them (which i think is the main website for molly mods as well).
Yep - it's a 16.
I'll got check out divavap.
I always looked for Mollys at High-Creek (ch website) or latelier-box-shop, which seems to be gone!

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yep - it's a 16.
I'll got check out divavap.
I always looked for Mollys at High-Creek (ch website) or latelier-box-shop, which seems to be gone!
Looks like divavap has the 16mm reset as an option.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, not my color ways, or choices... ever ;)

Can't see many colors, sadly... and much of the items in life I own, are the colors I can see.

Like clothes... Dark blues, grays, some Light Brown and Brown, Black.

See me in Middle School... Jeans T shirt - Blue Gray... see me now... Shorts T Shirt, Blue Gray LOL

Wife fucked me up one year, got me a red shirt... thought it was Gray for the longest time... last year she's ever bought me clothing too ;)
Sounds like the story of my life. As I get older, gradually transitioning. Balls get a little bluer, hair gets a little grayer. lmfao.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Tonight I basically turned a 4/5 year old subohm tank into a mesh rebuildable. It's the best vape I've got from setting up my own mesh too. I think it's because it's a vertical build and the airflow comes strait up through it.

It's a Uwell Rafale VRBA in a SE1 tank using a mesh coil I got on Fasttech with legs soldered onto it.
authentic-uwell-rafale-vrba-coil-coiler-kit-silver.jpg

9665848-2.jpg

41n-KW8pFyL._AC_.jpg

I'd bet money that I'm one of the first people to do this. If a company could make an updated version of these things, it'd be great. The limiting thing is the legs on the mesh. Fasttech finally started offering those along with thin/flat cotton pieces. It's vaping awesome though.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Vape related: Cleaned up the aftermath of a triple battery explosion.

Batteries in question: LG HG2
Charger in question: XTAR VC8

Edit: for pictures.

a7f24837570e43a077f1bcf9286d7d7e.jpg
99d6d4e5ea2a407889c2bd29f8d94d8d.jpg
6d7adb8e88dc83fdccbc980058abbd71.jpg
1c587fdd262351b5205eee9f5c87ceaa.jpg
What happened?
I have the same charger.

casketweaver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What happened?
I have the same charger.

Not 100 percent sure. Age possibly. They were approximately 6 months old. I had discharged them earlier with the storage feature on the charger a month or so ago during move preparations.

I really don't know at this point. The wraps were in good shape. Keyword... were. And for obvious reasons. But yeah. I don't know. I really don't.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well the charger is one with more than available space when putting batteries in for a charge (76mm)

Even some higher end chargers only have 72mm.

More times than not, when some failure happens with the charger it’s due to subpar components failing, dirt, grime and the charger over charging... and some times it’s just the battery.

But if 3 batteries went haywire, odds are it was the charger... but if it was one that went bad and torched the other 2... then it was probably the battery.

That charger wasn’t rated very well...

22b916773070af8ec0713def9b37d6f8.jpg

In the end, glad you’re ok...

Was it 18650 or 21700 ?

casketweaver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I do my best to take care of my equipment. Batteries included. Hence why I discharged them before I moved. I placed them in their cases, taped the cases shut, boxed them up, and we moved.

Why the tape? As an extra precaution just in case the battery cases broke at the hinges or in the event something got wedged underneath the tab at just the right angle.

Considering this is the very first vent / explosion i have ever had the opportunity to witness first hand, I can reassure you, I never want to see it again.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Not 100 percent sure. Age possibly. They were approximately 6 months old. I had discharged them earlier with the storage feature on the charger a month or so ago during move preparations.

I really don't know at this point. The wraps were in good shape. Keyword... were. And for obvious reasons. But yeah. I don't know. I really don't.

Where did you get them from?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Saw it was HGs...

Upside!

Liion Wholesale has a great 21700 capable charger for cheap in the Gyrfalcon ALL-44 for $34 shipped

Planning on grabbing one myself as a back up for my Opus

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
For my LGs, Samsung, or Sony, I order from Liion Wholesale or IMR Batteries.

I figured as much but that's all I could think of. Some of my batteries in service are years old. I have a bunch waiting to be used. I don't know what I'm waiting for. I think I'm going to rotate everything out soon.

casketweaver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Saw it was HGs...

Upside!

Liion Wholesale has a great 21700 capable charger for cheap in the Gyrfalcon ALL-44 for $34 shipped

Planning on grabbing one myself as a back up for my Opus
HG2, yes. Brown wraps, 3000mAh, 20A...

Pretty reliable batteries for what I used them for. Usually low power setups. Granted, I married them for my Triple battery mods (hence why there were 3 on the charger at once). But when I'd run them in the Triad, I ran them between 15-50W

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Damn CW, glad you're ok man...that's scary.

I retired all my old chargers and only use the Opus nowdays, have not heard of one of those going boom w/o operator error or bad cells.

OTOH, I made up another 400ml batch of my 15mg nic base premix, seems I make one of those about twice a year. Had to open another 250ml of 100mg/L Nic from my 2016 stash for it. ;)

Then, made an apropos juice up for the season that I hadn't made since 2018: FW Candycane with a dab of Creme Brule for fun. Should be the LAST juice I make in this damned year of 2020.

N4oJYZp.jpg

It's snowing today and should get 3-6", so seemed a thing to do. ⛄
candy_cane-1740.gif

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Vape related: Cleaned up the aftermath of a triple battery explosion.

Batteries in question: LG HG2
Charger in question: XTAR VC8

Edit: for pictures.

a7f24837570e43a077f1bcf9286d7d7e.jpg
99d6d4e5ea2a407889c2bd29f8d94d8d.jpg
6d7adb8e88dc83fdccbc980058abbd71.jpg
1c587fdd262351b5205eee9f5c87ceaa.jpg

Good god. If that was caused by a battery, thank heavens it didn't happen while the mod was in your hand. Glad you're ok.

casketweaver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Good god. If that was caused by a battery, thank heavens it didn't happen while the mod was in your hand. Glad you're ok.
Yeah. The put off some heat and power. I'm glad it only resulted in a burnt tabletop, some scorched carpet, some melted plastic, and a smell that will probably hang around for ages... and not lost my fuckin hand. Or... had I been sitting in my chair when those batteries started venting, right before the one blew its disk and shot what appears to be copper out of it, I would have likely ended up in the ER.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Consolidated leftover juice bits from a few sqounk mods I am not using right now. Rinsed out the bottles and tubes and filled my Griffin RTA with the 'FrankenJuice'. Plus about 5ml extra.

(all were various tobacco-type juices, so not too weird a mix)

iXgIgyq.jpg

Serendipity FTW! ?

VU Sponsors