Become a Patron!

What did you do today that is vape related?

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mixed up some of my adv. Well what I thought was my adv, not sure if I was distracted with tv in the background or what. Pretty sure I fucked it up though. Typically use a mix of 5% tfa strawberry with 1% tfa strawberry ripe and 1% cap sweet strawberry. Maybe I'll drop the reg sb to 4% and up the ripe to 2%. They're in the same bottles (used to be two different sized bottles) and the labels look nearly identical. Mixed shit up with what I can only imagine was 1% cap sweet strawberry and grabbed the ripe twice. So 6% ripe. Oof. This shit's seriously spicy. And naturally was mixing a larger 360ml batch. Fooook.

On the bright side I guess I can at least cut it down, remix the recipe and swap for regular tfa strawberry in the new batch. Knock the ripe down to 3% at least. That's just obnoxious and so uncalled for. Bad thing was, listening to a documentary about Nostradamus. If only he'd left me a message not to dick up my mix. lol.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Looked around at doom sales...decided I don't need anything.

I want some things, but do I really need anything? Even if I bought another amount of Nic for the stash, it won't last me 30-40yrs. Hell, IDK if I'll still have a place to live come June when my lease runs out with a new Management company who doesn't care.

(ironically, my 9th year vapeversary is in June too)

China will be there and other avenues will probably come up. If not, well, it was a fun ride for the last nine years.

casketweaver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I vaped and built a 2nd pc for the wife-elect.

Just waiting for her case now.

That's all I've done that's been vape related. Just vaped. Last piece of gear purchased was my KF5²+.

Condenames: SOULRIPPER & BLOODBATH

SOULRIPPER:
AMD THREADRIPPER 3990X (64C)
128GB CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM
Asus ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha
Asus ROG Strix RTX 3090
8TB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 NVME
Corsair AXI1500
EKWB Water Cooled
CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 1000D

BLOODBATH:
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X
32GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
EVGA RTX 2080
4TB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 NVME
Corsair AXI1200
Corsair H150 CAPELLIX
CORSAIR CRYSTAL X570
315ad3f6e542479a8368e9cde3922ead.jpg
aa98cc76229cb82ca5fa9d8bce44690c.jpg
f13c7886ca30f6951ac49537b32aa1fd.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Is it okay to put an RDA deck with a build in a sonic cleaner?

Would think so, just be cautious.

Today is kind of do nothing do. I did though put a build in the Firefly RDA. Got the Drone mod introduced to the Gorge RDA.

I'm kind of wanting to try an idea with the Avacadao RDTA. Thinking if I can find a decent squonk pin to fit it, might make a camel squonk kit. Put the tank on the Drone & squonk up 5 ml into the tank. Why? Why not? :)

Thinking later I may pull the build in the Firefly. I did just a flat plain build. It seems more likely to need a Z coil build. Yeah, and reckon I did vape some. Got the Drone up to 50 watts with the Gorge. Hitting like a hammer on a zippy train. :)

Took a bit getting the squonk bottle for it set up. For sure a slight learning curve. *chuckles* Worth it though.

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
AVS ran out of the stuff I ordered and sent me a bunch of 32ga rolls. I never use that stuff. It's too thin for cores and too thick for clapton wraps.

As a challenge to myself, I wanted to see if I could do a 5 core SFC with 32ga for the cores. Well I did it. It wasn't easy because 32ga is really flimsy.
05AgXGk.jpg

On top is 3x28/38+(2×28)/38ga
On bottom: 3x32/40+(2×32)/40ga

Edit: I forgot to mention, I've been leaving the outside cores bare instead of spaced claptoned. Besides being a little easier to prep, I think the flavor is a little better. That might just be in my head though lol. Here's the end of one spread to to see:
PEE3g9T.jpg

The spaces have to be consistent or you'll have a bad day.
I don't know how you do that but they look like perfect!

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I vaped and built a 2nd pc for the wife-elect.

Just waiting for her case now.

That's all I've done that's been vape related. Just vaped. Last piece of gear purchased was my KF5²+.

Condenames: SOULRIPPER & BLOODBATH

SOULRIPPER:
AMD THREADRIPPER 3990X (64C)
128GB CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM
Asus ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha
Asus ROG Strix RTX 3090
8TB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 NVME
Corsair AXI1500
EKWB Water Cooled
CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 1000D

BLOODBATH:
AMD RYZEN 9 5950X
32GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
EVGA RTX 2080
4TB Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 NVME
Corsair AXI1200
Corsair H150 CAPELLIX
CORSAIR CRYSTAL X570
315ad3f6e542479a8368e9cde3922ead.jpg
aa98cc76229cb82ca5fa9d8bce44690c.jpg
f13c7886ca30f6951ac49537b32aa1fd.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Very nice - makes me want to build a computer again sometime. It's been awhile but it's going in the list...

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Very nice - makes me want to build a computer again sometime. It's been awhile but it's going in the list...

I take it those are gaming systems? I thought I knew a little something about PCs, but those are different animals indeed.

Water cooled? Graphics systems must generate a helluva lot of heat.

I'll admit to being a dinosaur - one of my first encounters with computers was an IBM 360 mainframe that had water pipes underneath the floor to cool it down. That computer plus the disk storage and printers wouldn't fit in my living room! The first laser printer I ever saw was the size of about six filing cabinets. It had its own programming language, so sometimes there were some interesting things coming out of it as people learned how to use it!

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I know..I said I probably was done buying. But then a thought occured to me: Nic Salts...I don't have any.

So, did some searching, and did this at Central Vapers. ;)

Screenshot from 2021-04-19 13-59-19.png

Screenshot from 2021-04-19 14-20-13.png

Diluted down to my 15mg base mix, that is what? One calc I used said this 120ml of 250mg salts would make 2liters worth. Yikes...that would last years...and save on using my freebase nic stash.

So, a good amount of nic base for the money at this point in time where there is nearly nada available. Plus, I've just never tried it and if I don't get some now..might never get to.

Went through OK, we'll see....as you see, I'm not the only one.
Gotta love Texas for keepin' on... :D

Last edited:

Freyja

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
It was an rta kind of morning...

Cleaned & rebuilt my Soulmate. It was really gunky, probably from my killing a 120ml bottle of apple pie e-liquid with it.

Cleaned my Pallas. There's a lot to like about that tank but it kept leaving rings of moisture on top of mods. Seems, according to one person anyway, that the way the afc rings are designed causes e-liquid to get between them, which then seeps down. None appears to have gotten in the 510 connectors but, things being the way they are in the US, best not to take risk. It's air drying now and will probably get put away. I'll consider it a backup to the Soulmate, as they're both mtl. Too bad: It looked great on a couple of mods and works very well otherwise.

Built my new(-ish) OXVA Arbiter. My 1st successful dual coil build! That thing's a beast; very flavorful and very satisfying clouds. Almost too much so -- Just 2 puffs of 6mg @ 45 Watts and I had to put it down for a while from lightheadedness. The great reviews are well-deserved, though it's not perfect: Over-branded. The little hex headed screws feel pretty cheaply made for such an otherwise solidly build tank; probably be the 1st thing to go. I had a very hard time installing the 2nd of the 2 included coils because the 1st was in the way; the leads even scratched up the bottom of the deck a little. Next time I'll know to trim them a little first, or use smaller coils. Maybe it's just me, as no reviewer mentioned that & I'm pretty new at rebuildables, but I don't see how it's not an issue just because of how the coils go in. Regardless, for a relative newbie to get it right on the first try, eventually at any rate, says something. And it's working beautifully.

Last edited:

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I take it those are gaming systems? I thought I knew a little something about PCs, but those are different animals indeed.

Water cooled? Graphics systems must generate a helluva lot of heat.

I'll admit to being a dinosaur - one of my first encounters with computers was an IBM 360 mainframe that had water pipes underneath the floor to cool it down. That computer plus the disk storage and printers wouldn't fit in my living room! The first laser printer I ever saw was the size of about six filing cabinets. It had its own programming language, so sometimes there were some interesting things coming out of it as people learned how to use it!
The processors can also be overclocked (made to run faster than factory set) so yes the heat from those and the graphics cards and the power supply require liquid cooling on the crazier builds. I haven't built anything like those (yet) but have done some simplier builds.

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I made six bottles of my DIY brew, which really isn't DIY. I mix clove with unflavored, both at my nic level, because clove is strong.

I filled six clearomizers.

I visited this forum and wrote some replies.

I visited the other vape forum and wrote some replies.

I vaped and vaped and vaped.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Today is my first day vaping zero nic since I started using it. I started zero but missed the throat hit, tried various ways to replicate it but found nic the only thing that I liked which did it.
Recently though I got some fizzyology one shots and after trying it nic free I find it does give a good mouth feel, that your inhaling something, and a slight throat hit on the exhale. Bit like 1 mg nic mix. I have been using nic at 3 mg. I use sub ohm DTL.
I tried my other diy mixes zero nic and though they tasted nice it was like inhaling and exhaling air. No mouth feel or throat feel/hit whatsoever. In fact they reminded me of when I smoked and someone would give me an ultra light cig, I used to smoke 16mg, they were like breathing out on a cold morning, zero anything.
So im now nic free as of today. I still like vaping but thought it was time to stop the nic.
The misses still likes it though as she finds it helps with her chronic regional pain syndrome. We had 5 yrs nic, now its hers and is 10yrs worth.

Freyja

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Just put that Arbiter rta, Rainbow, on my Aegis Legend, also Rainbow. They look great together! Wish you could vape in public places around here.

Getting a little spitback from the Arbiter. Upping the wattage helps. Haven't been a high power vaper but that may change.

Battery door on the Legend is a real pain. Good mod, otherwise.

Last edited:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just put that Arbiter rta, Rainbow, on my Aegis Legend, also Rainbow. They look great together! Wish you could vape in public places around here.

Getting a little spitback from the Arbiter. Upping the wattage helps. Haven't been a high power vaper but that may change.

Battery door on the Legend is real pain. Good mod, otherwise.
The door on the Scar 18 is the same way. What I do is hold the latch in an open position, push the door closed with pressure, then let go of the latch. It's not the best design for convenience.

I ordered an Arbiter a week ago. They look pretty interesting. Reminds me of the Bulk or BTFC a bit. The Bulk is another large-ish tank that I might try get my hands on.

Cosmic

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah Freyja, it is a shame that you can't vape in public where you are. The Karens and Darrens of this world won't be happy until all the Dirty Vapers are vaping behind the garbage cans in the alley!

Troy44

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know..I said I probably was done buying. But then a thought occured to me: Nic Salts...I don't have any.

View attachment 180884

View attachment 180885

Diluted down to my 15mg base mix, that is what? One calc I used said this 120ml of 250mg salts would make 2liters worth. Yikes...that would last years...and save on using my freebase nic stash.

So, a good amount of nic base for the money at this point in time where there is nearly nada available. Plus, I've just never tried it and if I don't get some now..might never get to.

Unless your a throat hit guy you should like nic salt! If you like throat hit you probably won't like it? I find salt hits faster & is way smoother. No freebase for this guy salt all the way. I tried to switch when I got to 3mg still way too much throat hit for my liking. I'm now vaping 2mg diy salt.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Unless your a throat hit guy you should like nic salt! If you like throat hit you probably won't like it? I find salt hits faster & is way smoother. No freebase for this guy salt all the way. I tried to switch when I got to 3mg still way too much throat hit for my liking. I'm now vaping 2mg diy salt.
Yeah, I'm not a huge throat-hit guy...my ratio is either 80/20 or 75/25 vg/pg depending on the flavor.
But I do like a decent hit on my tobaccos...not usually a problem to adjust. Some of them are bitter and strong as hell anyways.

I can always add PG or add of drop of an actual 'throat hit' flavoring. ;)

I vape around 14-15mg freebase mix, so I'll just have to see how it mixes down for me. Thx! :)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Picked up some 810-510 adapters and some DT's on a whim. can never have enough of those eh? :)

Screenshot from 2021-04-22 12-03-14.png

Still trying to find the Blitz Sequins and/or Starry Night driptip packs that aren't from a wholesale distributor..argh.

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

View attachment 180884

View attachment 180885

Just quoting myself to say...they have shipped. :D

Just in the nick of time too. Grah!

May not seem significant, but that 120ml bottle will make me enough of my 15mg nic base I use to mix with to last a couple of years. THAT, is significant. ;)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Got around to building my new Lost Art Goon 1.5. :)

Nothing too fancy, just a dual-coil 3mm build made of VandyVape 316L MTL wire. (30GA x 2 + 38GA)
Came out nicely at 0.3 ohm.

On my new Reactor clone, finally. Sadly, I just can't do metal DT's' anymore...no matter how lovely the Goon's engraved DT is. Used one of my new 810-510 adapters and an old DT to match the mod's button.
Z8WS1MIl.jpg

Not 100% perfect, but it works well.
KEDabqHl.jpg

On da money...used my VTinbox to build/ test before putting it on the mech.
tszXvTsl.jpg

FWIW, I love this error message on my VTinbox...for 'no atomizer'. :giggle:
YTzzYfJl.jpg

CJ-3

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Broke the glass today on my Intake Dual so will be ordering spares from FT soon.
Need to get off my rear and make some juice though

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Today is my first day vaping zero nic since I started using it. I started zero but missed the throat hit, tried various ways to replicate it but found nic the only thing that I liked which did it.
Recently though I got some fizzyology one shots and after trying it nic free I find it does give a good mouth feel, that your inhaling something, and a slight throat hit on the exhale. Bit like 1 mg nic mix. I have been using nic at 3 mg. I use sub ohm DTL.
I tried my other diy mixes zero nic and though they tasted nice it was like inhaling and exhaling air. No mouth feel or throat feel/hit whatsoever. In fact they reminded me of when I smoked and someone would give me an ultra light cig, I used to smoke 16mg, they were like breathing out on a cold morning, zero anything.
So im now nic free as of today. I still like vaping but thought it was time to stop the nic.
The misses still likes it though as she finds it helps with her chronic regional pain syndrome. We had 5 yrs nic, now its hers and is 10yrs worth.
I find lime gives a bit of throathit

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks I have some FA lime. Have only used it in low amounts in the past but have not used it for a while. I'll have to do one with higher % levels to try it out. 👍

"It's a trap!"

Why else would he so willingly offer up this advice? Next you know you'll be a lime addict. Once that sets in you'll be craving tequila. We all know then, one case, two have some more, three case, four your arse on the floor.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I'm suspicious he's actually a secret agent for the Mexican government. Where else benefits from massive sales of tequila? Of course, that suspicion is based purely on absurdity and hilarity. :D :)
Dude, this is a worldwide Tequila conspiracy! Its epidemic!
I hear if you play a number of their songs backwards you hear chanting in the faint background "ekam em hcir yub ym aliuqet".
images (6).jpeg
Oh, and psssst....dont drink the worm they're microchiped!

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Dude, this is a worldwide Tequila conspiracy! Its epidemic!
I hear if you play a number of their songs backwards you hear chanting in the faint background "ekam em hcir yub ym aliuqet".
View attachment 181428
Oh, and psssst....dont drink the worm they're microchiped!

Ah that explains me picking up all those radio stations in my belly. I figured had something to do with all the poor folk chicken I eat. I see now it was all the tequila worms. *shaking my head* I ought to have listened to my wife but nah, told her the worms were just bits of avocado. Long live the rebellion!

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I cleaned and rewicked what had to have been the nastiest RTA ever seen by any human.

I'd been vaping this thing - don't know how I'm still alive.

I've been rewicking a lot lately, and thank god I did this one.....finally.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mixed two 60ml bottles of juice for BB usage (Out and About juice)

5% Sweet Guava
.3% Arctic Winter
9mg/ml

Other was very similar

5% Sweet Guava
.3% WS-23
.25% Menthol
9mg/ml

Both 50/50

Saw I had a few drops of menthol left in a 10ml bottle, figured to use it up lol

Truly getting lazy with mixing lately

9mg is super strong for me... its like a puff MAYBE 2 and I am good for a long while... normally vape 1.5mg

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I tried rebuilding on a Malstrom RDA today.

It was giving me a bit of trouble. Figure I'll try again in a little after finding some you tube videos on it. Might need to make some twisted 26 ga Kanthal for it.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Tried a diy Licorice with cooling WS23 😖
Binned.
Thankfully the double raspberry tastes nice with it.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Tried a diy Licorice with cooling WS23
Binned.
Thankfully the double raspberry tastes nice with it.

I can’t do anything licorice vape related… Anise etc

Sent from my iPhone 12 Pro Max using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors