Become a Patron!

What did you do today that is vape related?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Tried a diy Licorice with cooling WS23
Binned.
Thankfully the double raspberry tastes nice with it.

I can’t do anything licorice vape related… Anise etc

Sent from my iPhone 12 Pro Max using Tapatalk

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I can’t do anything licorice vape related… Anise etc

Its nice the Flavour West with some Flavour Art Marshmallow. Like a black jellybean taste.
But with the cooler it was as vile as a sardine milkshake.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 1 Year
I bet

Especially fresh

I once got some John West sardines and as I used to like eating them out of the tin I got one out and bit into it. Was raw! How they skipped the cooking process has me beat but it was horrid and I have never purchased John West anything since. I dont eat sardines now at all though after hearing about the micro plastics in them.
So the milkshakes are off the menu :giggle:

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
VU Patreon
I cleaned and rewicked what had to have been the nastiest RTA ever seen by any human.

I'd been vaping this thing - don't know how I'm still alive.

I've been rewicking a lot lately, and thank god I did this one.....finally.
Couldn’t have tasted worse than my Profile a couple nights ago. I grilled a steak and sat watching the tube while eating. My mod was next to me on the coffee table. After eating I started hitting the Mod again and my Vape tasted like the CranAplle and A1 sauce. I figured it was because I just finished eating but this went on for about an hour. I pulled the top cap and sure as shit you could see a little A1 and a small piece of steak or mushroom on my mesh. How that fuckin happened I’ll never know. Just know steak and A1 does not make for a good tasting juice

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 3 Years
VU Patreon
Couldn’t have tasted worse than my Profile a couple nights ago. I grilled a steak and sat watching the tube while eating. My mod was next to me on the coffee table. After eating I started hitting the Mod again and my Vape tasted like the CranAplle and A1 sauce. I figured it was because I just finished eating but this went on for about an hour. I pulled the top cap and sure as shit you could see a little A1 and a small piece of steak or mushroom on my mesh. How that fuckin happened I’ll never know. Just know steak and A1 does not make for a good tasting juice

Jeez, that really made me laugh out loud! What a freaky thing to happen! I'm with you, though; don't believe I want cranapple, steak, and A1 all mixed together. Oh that's funny!!!!

casketweaver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
The processors can also be overclocked (made to run faster than factory set) so yes the heat from those and the graphics cards and the power supply require liquid cooling on the crazier builds. I haven't built anything like those (yet) but have done some simplier builds.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
That's the thing though. Especially seeing the results from the Threadripper 3990x...

Before liquid cooling, idle Temps were sitting at the 53-60C range. When the down-ramp (core slow-down) temp is 95C... in my humble opinion, anything above 50C is just too hot.

As for the GPU, yeah she was pretty warm as well. Not as warm as the CPU though. So I stripped the board down, covered the VRM on the board and the CPU with a monoblock.

I opted for dual radiators to keep the liquid as cold as I can get it before returning it to the pump where it will obviously get hot as it moved through the pump, to the GPU, then to the CPU, and back to RAD1, then to RAD2, then to the reservoir.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I set up a Hellbeast RDA today for the first time. I've never used 3x27/37ga aliens on a mech mod but those rock. They came out to .12Ω and just seem really efficient. The fire fast and cool down pretty quick too. I was using beefier fraliens and those kept cooking after I was done taking a drag..

I'm pretty impressed with the Hellbeast RDA. Besides wrapping my coils like a weirdo it was really easy to set up and get going. People have posted this all over forums but it's true: the airflow is really good. It's smooth and makes me want to keep hitting it. The flavor is up there too. I'm getting really good flavor. It might not look like much in photos or videos but it's a really decent RDA. I like it better than any of the Dead Rabbits.

When it rains, it pours. Sent out 2 orders today, got 2 more. Made a 15" 3×28/36+36 SFC(v) for one of the orders. I got 4 good coils from it. And tried a 2-core alien, my first squiggly wrap.
223c0c4dac8a760527f7080a6f3ce5b6.jpg

I only want it to taste amazing. Is that too much to ask?

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When it rains, it pours. Sent out 2 orders today, got 2 more. Made a 15" 3×28/36+36 SFC(v) for one of the orders. I got 4 good coils from it. And tried a 2-core alien, my first squiggly wrap.
223c0c4dac8a760527f7080a6f3ce5b6.jpg

I only want it to taste amazing. Is that too much to ask?
I find 3 core aliens to be easier for some reason. That's how I learned to do them.

debinnv

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I really don't like posting such sad news, but those of you that knew Vapin Trucker, ( Mike Caporale) He lost his battle with cancer this evening.

Prayers for all his family and friends. May you rest in peace Mike, you will be missed. :(

I am hoping it is alright to post this picture, it was posted on another forum I am on. Folks may recognize his picture if his name does not ring a bell.

Minimal Celebration of Life Photo Collage.jpg

Last edited:

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Got my door almost complete for my PZLD Star Wars mod. Just need to pick up some micro mesh to finish it off. I was hoping to have it done before the 4th of this month, but too much stuff got in the way. Still designing a new fire button for it, thinking of putting the Emperial emblem on it.

20210507_141007.jpg

debinnv

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Got my door almost complete for my PZLD Star Wars mod. Just need to pick up some micro mesh to finish it off. I was hoping to have it done before the 4th of this month, but too much stuff got in the way. Still designing a new fire button for it, thinking of putting the Emperial emblem on it.

View attachment 181566
Looks great! Would that happen to be 3D printed? I have been looking for a STL file for the SQ217. No luck yet

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Looks great! Would that happen to be 3D printed? I have been looking for a STL file for the SQ217. No luck yet
It is printed. I had to make the file for myself on this one. I did make a button for the SQ, but no doors yet. If I get some doors made up, I will try to remember to send you a PM with the files.

debinnv

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It is printed. I had to make the file for myself on this one. I did make a button for the SQ, but no doors yet. If I get some doors made up, I will try to remember to send you a PM with the files.
That would be wonderful, thank you so much!

jcash74

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

View attachment 181566
That is awesome!!

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I finally got around to making and installing new coils in all four of my OTR (On The Road) squonks. 6 wrap 2x26/36 Ni80 fused Claptons that came in around 0.30 Ohms. All of my RSAs are single coil so they heat up well. The old coils were still functional even after a year, I was just too busy/lazy to change them... I just kept them clean and changed the wick.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I put new builds in two Elder Dragons. I got sick and tired of the Philips grub screws though. I don't know why but I never switched them out to hex head ones. I just found some of the right size and put them in there. I think they were the M2.5 size x 4mm that I got at FT. Much better now. I even dislike flat head screws but not as much as Philips.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 3 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
I put new builds in two Elder Dragons. I got sick and tired of the Philips grub screws though. I don't know why but I never switched them out to hex head ones. I just found some of the right size and put them in there. I think they were the M2.5 size x 4mm that I got at FT. Much better now. I even dislike flat head screws but not as much as Philips.
I'm with you on that one!
You can get those hex screws at Amazon pretty cheap, I have a pretty good assortment of them. I change all of my RDAs out when I get them.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 3 Years
VU Patreon

So how do you folks keep your hex wrenches organized? I just cringe when I see hex screws in an RDA, because then it's trial and error to find the right size (I've grabbed wrenches of various sizes and I keep them in a plastic pouch, inside a box, that's on the opposite side of my end table and a PITA to get to).

If the screws are flat head or phillips, it's easy peasy because I have those screwdrivers in my toolkit and I always know where they are.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So how do you folks keep your hex wrenches organized? I just cringe when I see hex screws in an RDA, because then it's trial and error to find the right size (I've grabbed wrenches of various sizes and I keep them in a plastic pouch, inside a box, that's on the opposite side of my end table and a PITA to get to).

If the screws are flat head or phillips, it's easy peasy because I have those screwdrivers in my toolkit and I always know where they are.
I've been using one of the little orange t-wrenches things that came with one of my Griffin tanks years ago. There's mostly only two sizes. IIRC they're M2.5 and M3 but I could be wrong about that. Those little wrenches had one of those two sizes on each end.

Also, I got an electronics repair kit a while back. It sits close by in case I need anything out of it. It's got all kinds of different heads that plug into a small screw driver. I got a cheap one at Wal-Mart at first, but later got a better kit made by Klien tools.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This morning I vaped while drinking coffee and cleaning for company. Washing Kitchen and Dinette Floors along with scrubbing the bathrooms. The normal clean for company deal. Vaping up a storm~!

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

I keep mine on the organizer they come with. These are the two types I have laying on my workbench all the time.
download (1).jpegdownload (2).jpeg

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

VU Sponsors