Become a Patron!

What did you do today that is vape related?

FlavorOverClouds

Member For 1 Year
Made a bunch of microclaptons. Some better than others lmao

I wanted to practice 40g fuse so I tried 3×32/40+40. I need better lighting/magnification to pull this off cleanly

However the 3×30/38 aliens came out ok
d8f862d6955319c13c4818a06b02058c.jpg
a26ce14e1b9a306438ec3faa4a1c2a55.jpg
55d28cd9df86d7b9dc1eb3c788933be4.jpg

I only want it to taste amazing. Is that too much to ask?

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cleaned out my manta rta and rewicked it. Which sounds super exciting right? Odd thing though, so I'm tugging the cotton out of the dirty coils to clean it up and have the deck on the mod to hold it. The deck turned. I went to tighten it back on the mod but it was tight. Weird. So I tug on the end of the cotton and the deck and posts spin again. Wtf. Wondering what I broke now so I start checking it out gently moving it. It looked like the 510 center pin was coming out but if that's what was going on then the positive post would have loosened up.

Turns out gripping the bottom of the deck around the airflow, turning the posts there's a center section that will unscrew. The 510 pin ends up becoming unscrewed but when the two are separated it reveals the inside of the base under the deck where the airflow rushes in. I've owned the atty what 2-3yrs now? Never knew it did that. There's also an oring underneath the upper part of the deck with the posts that compresses to the flat inner floor of the lower half of the deck. Got me wondering if that's why when I refill my tank I get a little juice dropped down that works its way out of the airflow holes. If the upper half was so loose that just tugging the cotton spun it around.

Oh well, learn something new every day. lol.

This is the furthest I've ever seen the deck broken down. But the gold section outlined in blue if rotated counter clockwise will unscrew from the black lower portion and split into two pieces. Fully exposing the inside of the airflow for deeper cleaning. And what I can assume is access to an oring that if it becomes damaged seals the rta from leaking past the deck into the airflow.

1622536086981.png

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I wanted to practice 40g fuse so I tried 3×32/40+40. I need better lighting/magnification to pull this off cleanly
I use two lamps with the room light also on. Good lighting helps a lot for sure. Finding a magnification tool that works for you is big also. I've tried lots of different things and sometimes one method works best for certain things. I don't use one "cure all" magnification method for every situation. Using an old phone with a macro lens can help though if you've never thought of that.

My last order from AVS didn't go as planned. They didn't have what I ordered so they threw in a bunch of other stuff I don't use. I got like 8 x 200ft rolls of 32ga and some 34. It's too thin for cores and too thick to be claptoning with was my sentiment.

I got into making 5x30/38ga SFC wire. I made a lot of it for a guy on Reddit. It got me thinking if I could do 5x32/40. Of course it was a bit harder but I did it. 32ga SS316L is really some flimsy shit lol. It's the one on the bottom:
bgpUVQi.jpg

I've recently been trying to make N80 3x27/42ga SFC wire. The first time I did it, I made a flawless set of coils. They vape really awesome for single cell mech devices. I've attempted that wire again 3 times and haven't been able to make them cleanly. The 42ga just doesn't want to cooperate with my button. It makes the spaces inconsistent which you know screws up everything. I haven't used any other method of spacing because I can't get them to work.. Oh well. I can do 3x27/40ga no problemo but the coils don't hit with the same authority. Maybe it's in my head but I won't stop until I can figure it out with 42ga again.
Here's my first ones which are in An RDA for Vaping:
YFfOWaV.jpg

I couldn't even tell if I was making a spaced clapton with it to start. I just assumed that's what happened and fused the 3 pieces lol.

Last edited:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Made a bunch of microclaptons. Some better than others lmao

However the 3×30/38 aliens came out ok
d8f862d6955319c13c4818a06b02058c.jpg
a26ce14e1b9a306438ec3faa4a1c2a55.jpg
55d28cd9df86d7b9dc1eb3c788933be4.jpg

You cant beat a good LED headlight for working on anything. I find mine invaluable for everything.

FlavorOverClouds

Member For 1 Year
I use two lamps with the room light also on. Good lighting helps a lot for sure. Finding a magnification tool that works for you is big also. I've tried lots of different things and sometimes one method works best for certain things. I don't use one "cure all" magnification method for every situation. Using an old phone with a macro lens can help though if you've never thought of that.

My last order from AVS didn't go as planned. They didn't have what I ordered so they threw in a bunch of other stuff I don't use. I got like 8 x 200ft rolls of 32ga and some 34. It's too thin for cores and too thick to be claptoning with was my sentiment.

I got into making 5x30/38ga SFC wire. I made a lot of it for a guy on Reddit. It got me thinking if I could do 5x32/40. Of course it was a bit harder but I did it. 32ga SS316L is really some flimsy shit lol. It's the one on the bottom:
bgpUVQi.jpg

I've recently been trying to make N80 3x27/42ga SFC wire. The first time I did it, I made a flawless set of coils. They vape really awesome for single cell mech devices. I've attempted that wire again 3 times and haven't been able to make them cleanly. The 42ga just doesn't want to cooperate with my button. It makes the spaces inconsistent which you know screws up everything. I haven't used any other method of spacing because I can't get them to work.. Oh well. I can do 3x27/40ga no problemo but the coils don't hit with the same authority. Maybe it's in my head but I won't stop until I can figure it out with 42ga again.
Here's my first ones which are in An RDA for Vaping:
YFfOWaV.jpg

I couldn't even tell if I was making a spaced clapton with it to start. I just assumed that's what happened and fused the 3 pieces lol.
I can't imagine trying to clapton 42g. 40g was challenging enough. I will stick to 38 and probably could have done better with 5×30/38.
I am in the process of relocating my build area to a better space at my wife's suggestion. I think she is starting to realize just how much demand there is for the coils I make. I can control the lighting and climate in the new space much better and have more room to keep things organized.
I have a magnifying headset for electronics work but it's the lighting that is my biggest issue.

FlavorOverClouds

Member For 1 Year

Funny you should mention 34g. I just ordered some through WireOptim to have on hand but it really is an odd size. Like you said, too thick to clapton with so I figured I would end up using it in a multicore alien in the future.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Here's what I did, dumbass that I am. I broke my f'n Timekeeper Revolver switch. I won't bore you with all the profanity I feel like unleashing.

The switch was a little crunchy, so dumbass here took it apart. I didn't know it had magnets in it strong enough to lift a f'n car.

When I went to put the switch back together, the main magnet pulled the smaller magnet out of the top cover of the switch, flipped it upside down, and broke it into three pieces, all three stuck fast to the top of the main magnet. We tried, but I had virtually NO faith that it would work with that magnet broken like it was, even if we could manage to get it put back together. Ended up that one of the broken magnet pieces went flying, and so I called it dead and put it in the apocalypse box.

That was my good SJMY Timekeeper. My shitty $12 Timekeeper came out of mothballs to take its place. Not even in the same universe. And OF COURSE FT is out of stock of the good ones now.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Here's what I did, dumbass that I am. I broke my f'n Timekeeper Revolver switch. I won't bore you with all the profanity I feel like unleashing.

The switch was a little crunchy, so dumbass here took it apart. I didn't know it had magnets in it strong enough to lift a f'n car.

When I went to put the switch back together, the main magnet pulled the smaller magnet out of the top cover of the switch, flipped it upside down, and broke it into three pieces, all three stuck fast to the top of the main magnet. We tried, but I had virtually NO faith that it would work with that magnet broken like it was, even if we could manage to get it put back together. Ended up that one of the broken magnet pieces went flying, and so I called it dead and put it in the apocalypse box.

That was my good SJMY Timekeeper. My shitty $12 Timekeeper came out of mothballs to take its place. Not even in the same universe. And OF COURSE FT is out of stock of the good ones now.
You can probably find magnets that will work at Home Depot.
If not you should be able to find them online.
Sorry that happened but don't feel bad, I can guarantee you that you're not the only one to do that...
Including me!

Sent from a Galaxy far far away

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
You can probably find magnets that will work at Home Depot.
If not you should be able to find them online.
Sorry that happened but don't feel bad, I can guarantee you that you're not the only one to do that...
Including me!

Well I don't feel quite so bad now. It's very kind of you to say that. I felt pretty dang stupid when it happened.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Profanity is never boring.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well hun, you know I can let it fly sometimes. I felt like throwing stuff, I was so pissed at myself.
I’m sure you were.

sounds like Gadget might have the fix and I hope he’s right. Always sucks to lose the “good” mod….and even worse when one loses the good mod because one did something asinine.

but, so you know, I would listen to you throw around some profanities any time.;)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I’m sure you were.

sounds like Gadget might have the fix and I hope he’s right. Always sucks to lose the “good” mod….and even worse when one loses the good mod because one did something asinine.

but, so you know, I would listen to you throw around some profanities any time.;)

The thing is, even if I can find a replacement magnet, I don't know how to keep the same thing from happening again. I am serious, that magnet in the base of the switch is STRONG. The housing that the smaller magnet fits into is made of some non-magnetic metal (probably aluminum) so the smaller magnet has nothing to stick to. The only thing I can think of is to get a strong magnet to put on the other side of that switch housing to hold the smaller magnet in place while I put the switch back together.

And you know what tops this off? @Tall Pines had one of these Timekeepers for sale a couple of weeks ago. I don't know if his had the magnetic switch or not, but it probably did. It also was a Revolver. Makes me wanna smack my own self.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
The thing is, even if I can find a replacement magnet, I don't know how to keep the same thing from happening again. I am serious, that magnet in the base of the switch is STRONG. The housing that the smaller magnet fits into is made of some non-magnetic metal (probably aluminum) so the smaller magnet has nothing to stick to. The only thing I can think of is to get a strong magnet to put on the other side of that switch housing to hold the smaller magnet in place while I put the switch back together.

And you know what tops this off? @Tall Pines had one of these Timekeepers for sale a couple of weeks ago. I don't know if his had the magnetic switch or not, but it probably did. It also was a Revolver. Makes me wanna smack my own self.
The magnets are installed reverse polarity. As long as you put it back together with the magnets opposing each other you'll be alright.

Take a pic of the magnets, if they look like something I might have I'll have you measure them. In case I might have one that will fit.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Could always buy a spring and be done with the nightmare of colliding magnets

Sent from my iPhone 12 Pro Max using Tapatalk

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Does it look like this one?
d9cfa209d24cf9e8b73f7930f6a05bf9.jpg

18d5919e090dd31d2801b430d4173827.jpg

Yuppers.

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Does it look like this one?
d9cfa209d24cf9e8b73f7930f6a05bf9.jpg

18d5919e090dd31d2801b430d4173827.jpg

Yes, it absolutely does, or did, before it broke into three pieces. I would guestimate that it's about 11-12mm OD, 5-6mm ID, and 3mm thick.

That's why I didn't take pictures - it's just in pieces and I'm not sure anyone could make sense of them. They don't fit back together particularly well.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Yes, it absolutely does, or did, before it broke into three pieces. I would guestimate that it's about 11-12mm OD, 5-6mm ID, and 3mm thick.

That's why I didn't take pictures - it's just in pieces and I'm not sure anyone could make sense of them. They don't fit back together particularly well.
PM sent

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I found my favorite mech coils a while back. The thing that sucks is they're next to impossible to make cleanly. I stagger 42ga N80 wire around 3x27ga cores. I made some pretty decent ones right off the bat. I went on a trip to the Black Hills and when I got back, it's like I forgot how to make them. In two sessions trying to figure out what I was doing wrong, I made about 8 sticks of ugly wire. It'll probably still vape awesome but it bothered me.

Laying in bed last night I had a lightbulb go off in my head. My spacing was getting messed up. I'd clip my button off and 42ga unwinds like crazy. It bunches up on one side while the part towards the drill stays gapped out a bit more. Long story short, I figured that shit out which feels awesome.. Like I said they're difficulty is like level 10 for staggering clean but they're so worth it. They fire really fast and hard while giving me the best flavor I've probably ever experienced. The same coils with 40ga instead of 42 are nice but don't hit the same way (on a single 21700 mech mod). They're a lot easier to do cleanly but I enjoy a challenge.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I discovered that my cheap-o Timekeeper had the same size magnets in it as my Timekeeper Revolver, so I have switched magnets out and now I am a happy camper again! I'm not nearly as bummed out by the cheap-o Timekeeper not working any more.

Yay! :bliss:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I knew it would eventually happen but my nylon pliers tips are finally going to shit. I've used them all year and they've been really helpful. I have some new ones to install but might try some tape over the worn ones.
FqMgpaH.jpg

FroSNCT.jpg

I used a small tooth brush and wiped that nylon gunk off. I had to use a magnifying glass.

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
With nicotine ban from 1st October. I emailed my local federal MP and asked her, with her local business knowledge, to recommend a good tobacconist in the area. Since I haven't needed one since 2013

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
How you liking the MR?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I like it. The flavor is on point, good air flow, and easy to build and wick.
I've only been using it for a couple of days now, it is a bit busy but that could be the build I have in it. I have a single Ni80 Clapton 3mm ID .26 ohms at 40 watts.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like it. The flavor is on point, good air flow, and easy to build and wick.
I've only been using it for a couple of days now, it is a bit busy but that could be the build I have in it. I have a single Ni80 Clapton 3mm ID .26 ohms at 40 watts.

After trying the Sigelei Suprimo Moonshot 24, and looking at the OG Troll, I ended up with the Intake Dual. About the same footprint as the MR, I think. Not what I was originally going for, but it works :)

I had wanted to try the TC on the Paramour (it sucks), so I installed a dual 26AWG 3mm 6wrap SS316L build. Came out to 0.23ohms. I'm running, now, at a whopping 32 watts :-D

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I tried a different staggering technique today. When it worked, it worked brilliantly. My problem is getting it set up correctly. The wire I'm using is pretty thin so that makes it more difficult. I'll get it figured out though because the spacing is really consistent when it's done correctly. That makes fusing the core wires a piece of cake.

@FlavorOverClouds have seen this video before:
? I haven't asked you how you like to make your spaces have I? I've mainly used a button but I can't get 42ga tight without snapping it a lot of the time.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
For normal SFC/SSFC builds the ziploc bag + loop method works wonders. The ziploc bag needs to be closed about 2/3 of the way with the spool inside the bag and the wire sticking out, in such a particular way that the spool is able to turn freely inside the bag if the bag is held upright. If the size of the bag is a little too big so that the spool starts moving across the bottom of the bag, just fold over the excess part of the bag and use a small piece of scotch tape to keep it that way. To keep the bag upright on the floor underneath your desk, tape it to the inside of a weighted cardboard box or similar.

The small amount of friction resulting from the spool rubbing against the inside of the bag as it turns is enough to hold the correct tension on the wire. You want the tension to be that subtle, and, you want the spaced wraps to be able to slide freely over the core of your spaced clapton, same as when you're making a decore─but you don't want to decore it. After you've made sure that it can slide, attach only the ends of the core to your swivel. I.e., do not attach the ends of the wrap wire. They need to be able to move so the spacings will automagically re-align theirself during the fusing it together stage. So, if you make just a single long spaced clapton, you can simply fold it in half and then insert the folded end into the chuck of your drill.

P.S. - You can nudge the cardboard box with your foot to keep the wrap wire at the correct angle, which is almost 90 degrees, i.e. leaning very slightly toward the drill. The key advantage here is that you can more easily relax while you're just holding the loop and watching.

Last edited:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
For normal SFC/SSFC builds the ziploc bag + loop method works wonders. The ziploc bag needs to be closed about 2/3 of the way with the spool inside the bag and the wire sticking out, in such a particular way that the spool is able to turn freely inside the bag if the bag is held upright. If the size of the bag is a little too big so that the spool starts moving across the bottom of the bag, just fold over the excess part of the bag and use a small piece of scotch tape to keep it that way. To keep the bag upright on the floor underneath your desk, tape it to the inside of a weighted cardboard box or similar.

The small amount of friction resulting from the spool rubbing against the inside of the bag as it turns is enough to hold the correct tension on the wire. You want the tension to be that subtle, and, you want the spaced wraps to be able to slide freely over the core of your spaced clapton, same as when you're making a decore─but you don't want to decore it. After you've made sure that it can slide, attach only the ends of the core to your swivel. I.e., do not attach the ends of the wrap wire. They need to be able to move so the spacings will automagically re-align theirself during the fusing it together stage. So, if you make just a single long spaced clapton, you can simply fold it in half and then insert the folded end into the chuck of your drill.

P.S. - You can nudge the cardboard box with your foot to keep the wrap wire at the correct angle, which is almost 90 degrees, i.e. leaning very slightly toward the drill. The key advantage here is that you can more easily relax while you're just holding the loop and watching.
I'm already pretty good at staggering. It's pretty much all I've done this whole year. It's just using 42ga to stagger with that's given me trouble. I've done 36 through 40ga without much problems using a button. 40ga snaps sometimes if Im not careful. 42 is almost impossible to tighten on a button without breaking it.

I read a post in the comment section to the video I posted above. The guy said he doesn't even clip the 3 wires together. It's got me wondering if it's even necessary to do that. It sounds like you hold them? I've just been using my little orange "Clothespin of victory". That's what I call it anyways.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Got these out tonight. @SnapDragon NY said about a nice flavour she vaped not long ago. Had what should/hope can make a nice one similar. The flavours intrigued me hearing of it but never thought to mix them.
Am tomorrow. @SnapDragon NY no 🤥 this time. Mixing it tomorrow. 👍
Jack is a one shot Strawberry. Goes amazing with FA Juicy in case anyone is wondering.
20210702_235754_(1).jpg
Hey Snap. What was it called "Jungle Juice"? that mix?

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Got these out tonight. @SnapDragon NY said about a nice flavour she vaped not long ago. Had what should/hope can make a nice one similar. The flavours intrigued me hearing of it but never thought to mix them.
Jack is a one shot Strawberry. Goes amazing with FA Juicy in case anyone is wondering.
View attachment 183787
It is called Jungle King by Freeman Vapes- sorry I don't know what the mix would be for it- reminds of Juicy Fruit gum, it is not super sweet though. I tried the Jungle, not a very strong flavor- Jungle King is one of my favorites vapes of all time.

Strawberry meets kiwi and banana in a sour blend with extra power.

Jungle has been one of the best sellers of all time. This is a more flavourful Powerful sweeter LIMITED edition of Jungle, based on 2 years of suggestions. It has become Paul Freeman’s new ADV
We consider it our piece de resistance a fancy word for a masterpiece.

1625250385843.png

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
View attachment 183787
Flavorart cracks me up with some of the names. Strawberry Juicy, Cream Fresh lol.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm already pretty good at staggering. It's pretty much all I've done this whole year. It's just using 42ga to stagger with that's given me trouble. I've done 36 through 40ga without much problems using a button. 40ga snaps sometimes if Im not careful. 42 is almost impossible to tighten on a button without breaking it.

I read a post in the comment section to the video I posted above. The guy said he doesn't even clip the 3 wires together. It's got me wondering if it's even necessary to do that. It sounds like you hold them? I've just been using my little orange "Clothespin of victory". That's what I call it anyways.
I don't use a clothespin, just hold the comfortably sized loop with minimal tension at an almost 90 degree angle (i.e. ever so slightly angled toward the drill). A small chain of rubber bands may help to keep the tension on the loop as invariable as possible if you have trouble keeping it steady just by resting your forearm/wrist on the front edge of the desk. Let the ziploc bag and your foot (ziploc foot?) take care of the spaced claptoning process, and, use magnifying goggles for keep studying what happens around the core... no need to reverse the drill to loosen up your spaced clapton after it's finished, as the ziploc technique effectively replaces that extra step. But the ziploc tends to not work well if the spool of wrap wire is too big, as it really does need to be able to turn freely inside the bag with just a tiny amount of friction going on there, which is ensured by the bag being held upright at all times. That is, in addition to the spool being unable to move except rotate freely─and the box getting nudged by your foot so as to control the angle while you progress along the length of your core. The relatively far distance between the desk and floor is what makes controlling the angle a breeze. It's doubly comfortable because a ziploc also is handsfree, whereas a clothespin makes creating the right amount of tension a PITA with the type of wire that has a tendency to act like it could be made from marzipan.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I can't believe I made these coils today. I didn't think I'd ever be able to make them cleanly. I've had a hard enough time with 3 cores. The loop method works wonders when I can get it set up right. Here's a few pictures
of an N80 SFC, 5x30/42ga:
VeUpCLm.jpg

OCtvKqR.jpg

Next to my beloved 3x27/42ga:
71HPzza.jpg

I usually make them with 38GA or 40ga on the outside and only 4 wraps. The wire looked a lot smaller so I wrapped it 5 times. I had enough so why not.

I have people waiting on coils but I've been obsessed with getting my spacing technique down pat for using 42ga wires. I'm almost done, I promise.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I captured the big metal monster and placed it in a tank where I could keep an eye on it. I figured out why it was so grumpy. It was having a nicotine fit. So, I shared what I have and calmed the beast, breaking through its outer shell, revealing it's true beauty.

VU Sponsors