Become a Patron!

What did you do today that is vape related?

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bought the stuff I needed to get back into coil smithing…got my Strife 28 RDA in vapemail today…now just waiting for my Heavy Hitter mod to come in and start back into everything (copper all the way, mod and rda)…then I just work on my juice making and I won’t have to use these awful disposables!

Attachments

• IMG_3138.png
    IMG_3138.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3140.png
    IMG_3140.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 12

Michael H.

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pulled some hardware and mods out of storage and did some cleaning up on them for either re use or to sell in the near future.

First to get cleaned up and working again was this Floris Orca custom build..MM silver 510, 8ml silicone bottle, 26g .999 silver contacts, and a 21700 battery with an authentic Haku Cruiser rda with an ultem cap and an Alien Clapton .40ohm coil build.

Attachments

• 20230701_112043.jpg
    20230701_112043.jpg
    590.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Have two Asgard Minis and a BP Mods' Tomahawk squonker/SBS mod on the slow boat from Element Vape.
You didn't know Element Vape had a slow boat? Lucky you. :gaah:

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You didn't know Element Vape had a slow boat?
I did, it's called USPS... :wait:
For all the hub ub on their site about transferring to regional hubs and last mile carriers or whatever all that crap is...
The mailman/lady still delivers it, just takes them sooooo long. Maybe it's 2 mules and a cart!

Freyja

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Mixing day today.
Some in my usual 6mg. Some 12mg I use for more desperate times.
Also some 18mg to see if it can keep me from vaping so much 1st thing in the mornings that my jaw hurts.

BTW: Today is my 100th day in a row without so much as 1 cigarette (234th with no more than 1).
Yeah, I'm keeping track. :p
I've surprised myself.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got all of my vapemail in…some Moli 21700 batteries and a Timesvape Heavy Hitter Mechanical Mod. It goes with my Cloud Chasers Strife 28 RDA that came in a day or two ago.

0bd97f8c97385963d1b4e41036a5d3f0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Now that I've got a new battery cap for my Aegis Solo w/ 510 adapter, I went to put the Wismec Armor NSE tank I've been using on it back on....it told me "atomizer short". BAH!

While I do have the RBA heads for this tank, this head was the stock 0.28 Ohm WS-M one that I like. I wasn't gonna waste it. I know these coil heads, and while not officially rebuild-able, they kinda are. Its a giant ProTank head after all....lol ;)

Checked the bottom, yup one wire under the rubber plug, one above it contacting the "pin" about 45 degrees from each other....spiffy. But, I got nada on my DVM resistance test...so I pulled it apart and found the issue...

While the wire ends LOOKED fine as to placement, the actual wires going vertically up inside the coil head had shifted and were touching each other. (damn naughty wires, stop that!)

A little work with my bird's beak knife to rearrange them, put it back together after giving the head a nice rinse out for good measure,...and Voila! It reads 0.28 again.

Yay for cheap and easy fixes! 😁

Attachments

• 20230827_124923~2.jpg
    20230827_124923~2.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 5

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
$10 electronic board cleaner
$20 new soldering iron
$6 solder
$10 20ft silicon tubing, need an inch..
:rolleyes: Wish I could just buy a new one.:mad:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's time...for the Seahawk's first real game of the year against our rivals the LA Ram's...gotta be ready, eh?

So, I re-wicked and cleaned the 'ol HawkMod I'd copped together years ago. That Galatek RBA reminds me of the old Kingdome..hehe.

It only uses a version of an old DIY juice I'd come up with..."HawkSauce".
Which is basically a mix of mints, a touch of absinthe, and a wee bit of Koolada. With a shot of DIYFS Holy Vanilla.

20230910_064138.jpg

It's weird, it's loud, and it's awesome...just like us 12's... seahawk_thm_up.png

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Ordered 200ml juice. First in about 18 months
200ml will only last him till Tuesday lol.
Probably been too hot to run his manufacturing facility, or his electric bill is too high from the AC running non-stop. 😁
That 200ml got here about 9/7. Too sweet and mixed it w/100ml diy. That 300ml is gone as of this am.
7>22 =15 / 300 = 20ml pr day. A little more than I thought but doesn't surprise me.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Did the deed of re-wicking and cleaning a couple of my more tricky atomizers yesterday.

See how small some of the coil builds I have to maintain are....the inner deck circle is the size of a dime.

Conquerer RTA deck...
20230928_132002.jpg 20230928_132002~2.jpg

Wrapped those coils by hand long ago. 😬

Then, ya gotta wick it...perfectly...or it'll leak all over. Fun, eh? 😎

20230928_133533.jpg

The other one that is PITA because it doesn't really have an attached base is the Moonshot RTA's deck.
It has a base that it sits in, but only secured down by screwing down the bell housing.

GL dry-burning those... ;)

20230928_152154.jpg

Last edited:

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Maybe if I can fix it and put it back together without any leaks or detonation..
I was rebuilding a carburetor and had all the parts laid out on a towel (in order of assembly) My friend was messing with the parts and got them all mixed up... it was a miracle I got it put back together.

BobsHere

From Wherever
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I was rebuilding a carburetor and had all the parts laid out on a towel (in order of assembly) My friend was messing with the parts and got them all mixed up... it was a miracle I got it put back together.
I broke the board trying to put it back in, ugh. Still have enough parts to make one out of two, but put it on the back burner due to frustration.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Cleaned and re-wicked my enormous Notch coil build in a Goon. The one I had to use pliers to bend the wires to fit the damn thing into....4.5MM diameter in a Goon, is pushing it...lol..

But, jeez, it lights up so fast...being a 0.28 coil...thin metal...massive coil. It's a vapor machine.
Lotta ya spurn Notch coils...they rock man...this build is years old...still used.

It's my 'nice' authentic Goon with the post/clamp upgrades, and on the Oni 167 mod so the clamps match. :shades:

PS: that's nearly an entire pad of Japanese cotton in there.

I gotta be real careful vaping this beast in my tiny Apt.
I could fog the place very easily...and the smoke alarm is right above my computer on the ceiling...🚨

WEjG51Ml.jpg

Last edited:

Freyja

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Watched the 1st episode of the Big Vape documentary series on Netflix. Pretty good. Surprisingly, there was no mention of Hon Lik. It's not anti-vape propaganda (so far, at least) and it was made clear that Juul's creators were trying to help cigarette smokers with a safer alternative. We can be glad for that if nothing else.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mixed up a 60ml bottle of my main vape; HS-RY4.
With a couple drops of WL Butter Rum for a bit of holiday fun. I miss WL...good folks.

Hell, I had to order that flavoring from Canada...:sad:

I just re-use an old HS-RY4 juice bottle..no labeling needed. The knife is for prying off those dern caps...they are very nice caps, but a PITA to get off...hehe. ;)

IMG_1273.jpg

Kinda had another moment of sad...looking at my old DIY case, and realizing most of those stickers are from shops that no longer exist. :(

IMG_1274.jpg

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My ancient coil in the Crusades RDA needed replacing. Old school stuff...but I love it.
But, once it's setup, it'll last for months if not years. Problem was, I'd forgotten what wire I'd used..lol..

Has to mess with the Wire Wizard A LOT to dial in what it could be based on the wire stock I have.
But, I got it pretty damn close. Actual building was simple enough.

Specs and stuff:

Screenshot 2024-02-11 at 10-11-36 Wire wizard Steam Engine free vaping calculators.png

20240211_101525.jpg

20240211_101536~2.jpg

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Put a build in my new Stubby 21 X-Ray.
Thought about re-wicking a couple other devices, but thinking about it was as far as I got with them. :giggle:
I do need to re-wick my other X-Ray (an 18) and my Wasp Nano (on top of a Pulse mech squonker) and build a Vessel tank for one of my Pulse AIO mods. Guess I shoulda done more than just think about it.:rolleyes:

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I've
Made up some juice and vaped the crap out of it while I built another PC :) Had a few frustrating moments with the build but all is up and running great now. On Linux of course.
been using Linux for years 👍
My son is really good at building desktop computers... send me a PM if you need advice ;)

VU Sponsors