Become a Patron!

What did you do today that is vape related?

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I made a beefy framed staple staggered FC today. Once again I screwed up wrapping it. I need to work on my technique. It's costly practice to screw up something you put so much time and effort into.
EnQgXng.jpg

It's N80 2x28/38 + 8x.4 /38. It doesn't look completely horrible but it's definitely less than perfect. I tried to pull a wrap off from each side and the legs look all wavy.
5KoVQ1N.jpg

I'm getting better though. Here's me a month ago 😁 :
hweaG11.jpg
I don't think you give yourself nearly enough credit here. Those are just amazing. Whether you realize it or not you are VERY skilled. Good job!

Cosmic

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That C-Frame door just slides so nice, holds tight, no movement. Really like this one, a tad larger than 18650s but thats fine.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Built one of my new Flave RDAs for the Squeeze 2. :cool:

Just wasn't digging the Coral 2 that much and then I put a Tobhino on it that worked great. Except combined with the ultra-sensitive bottle on the Pico, it got a bit messy sometimes.

So I did this. Adding about half a wrap to the Wotofo Ni80 coil so that it fits about perfectly.

I'm short on 2x700 batts for now, so used a Molicel P26A with the supplied 18650 adapter...you'd never know there wasn't a bigger battery in there. ;)
It fargin' r0x now...even went to the store with it in my jacket pocket and not an issue at all. :)

Last edited:

Freyja

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
What did i do today that ISN'T vape related?

So far today:|
Charge a bunch of batteries.

Put a new wick in an RTA to
Try a honey flavor e-liquid for the 1st time (Twisted Liquids Golden Honey Bomb).

DIY a tobacco flavor e-liquid for the first time. (Came out good. Thanks River Supply Co.)

Build my new Gas Mods Pallas RTA. Got it because it looks nice on a CF Mod, will fit a Pico 75, and 2 reviewers said it was simple to wick. They lied. Okay, they didn't lie, i'm just bad at it. 3rd try, though, with my mix, and my CF turns into a really big Marlboro Light (which was never my brand but here we are).

Place a final pre-ban order ('a final' rather than 'the final' because i've said several times that i was done & wasn't going to spend another cent but always reneged): A backup + it's backup, another backup for a backup, a backup battery charger, a replacement 810 drip tip because i don't have one, a couple replacement glasses i hope to never need, some higher-end pre-made RTA coils because the ones i have are simple low-end things i could have made myself if i'd known better before buying them.

Post all this on VU, as if anyone would actually be interested.

Coming up next: Unsubscribing from vendor email lists. i'm done stocking up; done, done, done. And broke. Not really -- thank Heaven -- and it'll all come back in $ not spent on cigarettes (if i live long enough). Probably wouldn't have placed this last order if i hadn't knocked my Nova & Cerberus off the nightstand onto the hardwood floor Friday evening. Clumsy and weak-willed... *sigh*

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So, I went searching for alternate DTs for my flaves..If you own and love the Flave and Flave Tank...DO NOT GO HERE...lol!

https://www.jandjboxmod.shop/27-drip-tip-tank-flave-24

Screenshot from 2021-02-28 13-58-18.png

OMG....tank extensions, colored tanks and DT's, etc... I knew FT had plain white DTs, but this is astounding.

:yes:

Now, I assume these are for the authentic (dont even look at the prices for those) , but FAIK the clones I have are about as 1:1 as they get...gah!

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hadn't used the Uwell D2 in awhile, so dug it out and stuck it on the X-priv Baby for the heck of it.
Turns out, it works pretty dang well..(coff)... on there. ;)

i adjusted the watts to 30 and the TCR to 92 for that SS316L coil, it's doing nicely.

S6SgSA1.jpg

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Hadn't used the Uwell D2 in awhile, so dug it out and stuck it on the X-priv Baby for the heck of it.
Turns out, it works pretty dang well..(coff)... on there. ;)

i adjusted the watts to 30 and the TCR to 92 for that SS316L coil, it's doing nicely.

S6SgSA1.jpg

Takes a good-sized mod to carry those tanks, but I think they vape really well, especially to be as old as they are. SUCH smooth airflow and good flavor on the one I use, I just love it.

Might be a good candidate for a Revenant Cartel....???

Troy44

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pulse 80w in pieces again. This mod keeps leaking. After using for about a month juice starts seeping out the bottom from behind the screwed down panel. I'm done playing with this into the garbage it goes!! Looks like its coming from the 510 & after it builds up enough it comes out the bottom. Hmmm now what to replace it with?20210303_090043.jpg

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Pulse 80w in pieces again. This mod keeps leaking. After using for about a month juice starts seeping out the bottom from behind the screwed down panel. I'm done playing with this into the garbage it goes!! Looks like its coming from the 510 & after it builds up enough it comes out the bottom. Hmmm now what to replace it with?View attachment 179002

There are a couple Lunas of different colors in the Hardware thread. Not sure if it's still possible to find a Pumper, but the one I have is one of my favorite semi-mechanical squonkers. If you want regulated, maybe a Topside?

They've gotten hard to find, squonkers of all kinds! Except the Pulse V2, of course.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Besides vaping, nothing except feeling sad that vaping is seriously ruined in this country

As an early panic-prepper, I started to feel a little foolish having such a huge inventory of vapes, but now I know it was the right thing to do, sigh

Wish I coulda gotten in on a lot more last minute stuff, but dough has been short since the pandemic, that is for sure

Troy44

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There are a couple Lunas of different colors in the Hardware thread. Not sure if it's still possible to find a Pumper, but the one I have is one of my favorite semi-mechanical squonkers. If you want regulated, maybe a Topside?

They've gotten hard to find, squonkers of all kinds! Except the Pulse V2, of course.
With all the craziness going on with vaping I'll probably get another mech. Plus I've had a run of regulated mods quit working.

I'll be honest I thought people were crazy stocking up. No way would they ban this it saves millions of people. Just got an email from all my Canadian shops I buy from. The government here is capping nic levels even further. We can only get 66mg nic right now. They want it @ 20mg!

Just shows you that money talks. Many trillions lost from cig sales & less people getting sick. Can't have the uber rich losing money!!

More than just vaping ruined in many countries!!

Last edited:

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Pulse 80w in pieces again. This mod keeps leaking. After using for about a month juice starts seeping out the bottom from behind the screwed down panel. I'm done playing with this into the garbage it goes!! Looks like its coming from the 510 & after it builds up enough it comes out the bottom. Hmmm now what to replace it with?View attachment 179002
Interesing, I have a few Pulse 80 m mods and never had a problem.
Maybe a one off problem.
Good luck with it

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I seen a bunch of Reddit posts on the same thing, most peeps just RMA it.
I sent ya a PM though in case you haven't tossed it yet. I could use the parts for the shipping cost unless it'd be a lot from CAN to WA state. ;)

I had a Luna that leaked from the 510 like that, fixed it. and it's been fine.

Does it still work, or dead?

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I seen a bunch of Reddit posts on the same thing, most peeps just RMA it.
I sent ya a PM though in case you haven't tossed it yet. I could use the parts for the shipping cost unless it'd be a lot from CAN to WA state. ;)

I had a Luna that leaked from the 510 like that, fixed it. and it's been fine.

Does it still work, or dead?
lol you beat me to it. I was thinking the same thing. GMTA

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
lol you beat me to it. I was thinking the same thing. GMTA
Teehee...do-it-yourselfers FTW! =)

We'll see, he's a loooong ways away In Edmonton...may not be worth it.

She's a lot closer to there than I am... ;)

Last edited:

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've been checking for more sales before the PACT ban kicks in. I have 3 orders on the way so far, including one for 2 liters of 100mg nicotine. That just might last me a while. The other orders are for flavors and RDTAs.

Yes, I am one of those stocking up.

Sent from my silken pinecone using Tapatalk

Troy44

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol @CaFF & @debinnv almost @ the same time you guys both send a PM asking the same thing. I'll piece it together put it in a bubble envelope & bring It with me the next time I pick up some vape mail. I'll ask them the shipping cost. I actually live near a small town North of Edmonton. Shipping could be outrageous I'll let you know. The mod still works just needs a good cleaning & some new insulator on a couple of the wires juice has eaten it up.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lol @CaFF & @debinnv almost @ the same time you guys both send a PM asking the same thing. I'll piece it together put it in a bubble envelope & bring It with me the next time I pick up some vape mail. I'll ask them the shipping cost. I actually live near a small town North of Edmonton. Shipping could be outrageous I'll let you know. The mod still works just needs a good cleaning & some new insulator on a couple of the wires juice has eaten it up.
Right on, sounds fair to me.

I'm not greedy...yes, GMTA. 😄

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
While I have a good coil stash, AVS is stopping shipping on the 26th :gaah: so I bought more with their 70off code. Came out to a dollar for one of their aliens shipped. :slowclap:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I made a few different wires a bit ago.
  • N80 2x28 +(8×.3)/38 staple staggered fused clapton
  • SS 5x30/38+38ga staggered fused clapton
  • N80 4x28/38+38ga staggered fused clapton
  • N80 2x26/36+36ga staggered fused clapton
I made enough for two coils each. For three of the ones I listed, I only got one good coil. The only one I aced was the SS one.

I ordered wire from AVS. It's been 50% off for months now. Now it's 70% off. I already have a lot of SS but I can't pass up those savings. I wish they had more options than just SS. Code: 70OFF (free shipping over $30).

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I didn't notice you posted this! I just made an order too from there.
And I was just reading your post saying you did ! Same here. Couldn't pass it up, esp for someone that buys premade. All they have left in N80 is some claptons, at 10 for $3 I got some, and some aliens

Troy44

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Right on, sounds fair to me.

I'm not greedy...yes, GMTA. 😄
I'm just worried about the shipping cost. I'd like to say yeah I'll cover it no worries but it could be $30 or more. The Canada Post online calculator is NEVER right for me. When I show up @ my local post office its usually triple what the online thing says!!

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm just worried about the shipping cost. I'd like to say yeah I'll cover it no worries but it could be $30 or more. The Canada Post online calculator is NEVER right for me. When I show up @ my local post office its usually triple what the online thing says!!
Yeah, I didn't realize you were in Canada until after. It may not be feasible for this far away considering the mod is like $35-40 new.

'Tis all good....if it's a better deal for you and Deb, she is welcome to it. :)

Just hate to see a mod go to waste, especially in this crazy time where there may not BE any more.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wire talk:

I found a really good single coil for a single battery , direct output/mech type situation. I tried a 4 wrap, N80 5x30/38(+38) SFC a few days ago. It kicked out some awesome flavor but it's not that impressive for cloud production. It was right at .2Ω.

I kind of knew I wanted to go with bigger wire. My last wire of my spin session was a N80, 4x28/38(+38) SFC. I got my 4 little spaced clapton wires ready to fuse them all together. One of them had wider spaces. I knew it wouldn't look pretty unless I replaced it or got rid of it. I said F it and just used it. I'm using one of the uglies right now. It hits hard and makes more vapor than the 5x30. I wrapped it 4 times. It was at .15 but after setting it up its at .2Ω. The flavor is wow'ing me. I'll make a cleaner one soon.

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wire talk:

I found a really good single coil for a single battery , direct output/mech type situation. I tried a 4 wrap, N80 5x30/38(+38) SFC a few days ago. It kicked out some awesome flavor but it's not that impressive for cloud production. It was right at .2Ω.

I kind of knew I wanted to go with bigger wire. My last wire of my spin session was a N80, 4x28/38(+38) SFC. I got my 4 little spaced clapton wires ready to fuse them all together. One of them had wider spaces. I knew it wouldn't look pretty unless I replaced it or got rid of it. I said F it and just used it. I'm using one of the uglies right now. It hits hard and makes more vapor than the 5x30. I wrapped it 4 times. It was at .15 but after setting it up its at .2Ω. The flavor is wow'ing me. I'll make a cleaner one soon.
Very nice. That sounds like something I would probably enjoy.

I have been stuck on Ni80 27x4/40 fused claptons for my mech builds. 4 wrap on a 3mm rod, comes in at .16 ohm. Great ramp up, nice warm vapor, flavor is outstanding. Sounds like what you built there is pretty similar, albeit a bit fancier. If I get motivated to do a more complex builds again, I will try that one out for sure.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Damn I am so screwed........ I need to order batteries too!

Naw, you don't need to order batteries jsut yet. Those are not on the chopping block since they are not vape branded and you can get them from non-vape retailers.

Batteries are possibly going to be banned for sale to consumers, but once that legislation hits it will take a while for it to actually happen.

Keep your finger on the pulse by visiting all the vape forums ever so often. Then start stashing batteries as soo as you hear there's a bill in the House to ban batteries.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Takes a good-sized mod to carry those tanks, but I think they vape really well, especially to be as old as they are. SUCH smooth airflow and good flavor on the one I use, I just love it.

Might be a good candidate for a Revenant Cartel....???

And their only $2 at ecigmafia. I plug one side of the deck with silicone ear plugs and vape it single coil. Not the most flavorful that way but I'm not a huge flavor chaser.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
And their only $2 at ecigmafia. I plug one side of the deck with silicone ear plugs and vape it single coil. Not the most flavorful that way but I'm not a huge flavor chaser.
I really feel sorry for those who use proprietary coils when those get banned. That will likely come before any battery ban.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Very nice. That sounds like something I would probably enjoy.

I have been stuck on Ni80 27x4/40 fused claptons for my mech builds. 4 wrap on a 3mm rod, comes in at .16 ohm. Great ramp up, nice warm vapor, flavor is outstanding. Sounds like what you built there is pretty similar, albeit a bit fancier. If I get motivated to do a more complex builds again, I will try that one out for sure.
Yep, yep sounds similar. I'm not used to 4 wrap coils. For these wider wires I've been playing with, 5 and 6 wraps starts getting really huge. I'm still learning all kinds of stuff.

When I first saw staggered clapton wire or coils, I remembering scoffing. I didn't understand how they'd be any different from a fused clapton. I thought they were just trying too hard to look fancy. It was a long time ago though. After trying them, I can understand why people go through the trouble to do them. I think all the little nooks and crannies are beneficial somehow for flavor output. It's just a bit different.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That will likely come before any battery ban.

Most likley. Now isn't the time to hoard batteries IMHO. Use that money on nic base and a $150-$200 3.5 cu ft freezer if needed.

If they get really serious about banning liion batts, the vape and flashlight forums and facebook groups will be all a buzz about it.

Besides, there are ways to get decent batteries especially if you are a lower wattage vaper.

I really feel sorry for those who use proprietary coils when those get banned.

We'll see what happens with these PMTAs. That's only 6 months away. I have a bad feeling about open systems, though. I hoarded a few different factory coils but I'm gonna try to save those for when I can't build or when I get sick of it.

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yep, yep sounds similar. I'm not used to 4 wrap coils. For these wider wires I've been playing with, 5 and 6 wraps starts getting really huge. I'm still learning all kinds of stuff.

When I first saw staggered clapton wire or coils, I remembering scoffing. I didn't understand how they'd be any different from a fused clapton. I thought they were just trying too hard to look fancy. It was a long time ago though. After trying them, I can understand why people go through the trouble to do them. I think all the little nooks and crannies are beneficial somehow for flavor output. It's just a bit different.
They are nice. I have just grown complacent and quickly wrap my fused claptons and move on. It takes me about 10 minutes to prep and wrap a 20-24 inch wire shot every couple months. It is almost time for me to wrap some more.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Most likley. Now isn't the time to hoard batteries IMHO. Use that money on nic base and a $150-$200 3.5 cu ft freezer if needed.

If they get really serious about banning liion batts, the vape and flashlight forums and facebook groups will be all a buzz about it.

Besides, there are ways to get decent batteries especially if you are a lower wattage vaper.

We'll see what happens with these PMTAs. That's only 6 months away. I have a bad feeling about open systems, though. I hoarded a few different factory coils but I'm gonna try to save those for when I can't build or when I get sick of it.

Just end up using LiPo mods

Dna60-250c

NLPWM

Those batteries will never be regulated by the FDAs reach

Sent from my iPhone 4(2+) using Tapatalk

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Those batteries will never be regulated by the FDAs reach
emoji1787.png

It's not the FDA who will regulate/ban batteries, they aren't a food or a drug.

It's the CPSC that will be tasked for that job, and they aren't as nice as the FDA and have already been on the warpath. And Samsung and LG are lobbying for it. Lipos are not exempt. The legal teams of the manufacturers of these lipos will see to it.

VU Sponsors