Become a Patron!

What did you do today that is vape related?

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't know why but I never tried to put a 21700 in my old Efest LUC V6 charger. I thought I read they wouldn't fit a long time ago maybe. Samsung's can go in there but they're just way too tight. I don't want to damage wraps. Molicel's fit a lot easier. They're just like the Ijoy 20700s I throw in there. I just hold the spring down with one hand and slide them in from the side.

I have another charger I use for bigger batteries too so I'll mostly use that anyways. I just wanted to post my findings.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Almost had vapemail. Fuckin usps. Checked tracking, was expecting a mod in today but never showed. Get a message in the evening well after mail delivers saying 'could not access delivery location' and marked as a failed delivery. My ass. I think it's become their new go-to b.s. and have a feeling they're only running mail around 3 days a week in my area. This is the 2nd or 3rd time in the past week this has happened.

Checking local social media seems it's happening to others as well. Along with the postal drop boxes not being picked up for days, multiple residents complaining about the drop boxes being so full they can't even stuff a letter in there. Sometimes you call and there's no answer. People have gone down the post office in the middle of the day during work hours to find the doors locked and nobody home. What a crock.

Seems usps is waiting for the 4px handoff of my aromamizer still. Makes me feel so warm and fuzzy knowing usps is about to get hold of it.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
VooPoo Argus revisited.

Before
b2e86ad39162bff2beff4bf8997ba472.jpg

After
76a7e407f589b251f515e999c36e485f.jpg

059ce4278f973c7ed96d7b36c53ba852.jpg

d2c0568d9e8b475f9a14ae415754b629.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I Played with paint
bd5f8076251e2e1da96c82d982dd016f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
That looks great. Actually thought of you today, no not that way ? for some weird reason this video showed up in my recommendations on YT. The one area he walks through sounded like where I've sent mail to a dentist office....Monteith? Something like that anyway. The South Bronx looks real interesting!

Last edited:

ajvapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
That looks great. Actually thought of you today, no not that way ? for some weird reason this video showed up in my recommendations on YT. The one area he walks through sounded like where I've sent mail to a dentist office....Monteith? Something like that anyway. The South Bronx looks real interesting!

The South Bronx has changed big time since I worked there in 73-74. Back then he would not have gotten 3 blocks and still had a camera, if he got out . Many of the buildings were burnt out and some parts looked like a war zone.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Meadow Soprano worked at the South Bronx Law Center ? .

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tried wicking the supreme v3. Note I say tried. Figured I'd try the mesh since I got lazy and don't have any other wire made up. Thought I had enough left over and nope. Mesh is definitely a new animal. No clue what I'm doing wrong, poor wicking I guess. Burnt hits like a motherfucker. Formed one of the ss316 mesh strips around the cylinder form, installed it. Rounded it out real nice. Pulsed at 10w, then 15w then 20w. Didn't go over 20w as suggested. Used some 13 feets cotton, tried a partial piece peeled off. Nope, dry hits. Pulled it out, tried 13 feets full rope width. Nope. Tried 13 feets again somewhere in between the two thicknesses. Nope. Said fuck it and tried muji. Nope. Said fuck it. lol.

Thinned the wick tails, clipped close to the deck (not much juice well to tuck the wick into). Made sure it wasn't stuffed through the wicking holes. Saturated the piss out of the cotton (I thought). It would do fine up to around 40w. Weak vape and flavor. 45w, a little better but not much. 50w, a little better. 55w, burnt ass. 45-50w is piss cool, 55-60 is burnt asshole and supposed to be good to 70w. Juice flow open, bubbles. Even tried popping the fill cap in case it was vacuum locked. Airflow wide open. Burnt. Ass.

Thinking mesh just isn't for me. Even with the larger chimney airflow is pretty restricted. I flipped the airflow ring over as suggested for mesh. No dice. I haven't given up on the supreme v3 just yet, currently have some shit ass china wire in there on the dual coil deck. Need to make up some more coils. So far though not as much flavor as the m25 for me.

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Went to my local shop today. Kinda just looking around to see what I will be dealing with when the ban hits. I really struggled to find a way to give them some money. They literally had 2 drip tips in stock, so I got one of those for my wife. I also ended up buying half of their rebuildables section for a staggering $20 total. It was two ghoul RDAs. I really didn't want them but hoped if I bought all of their RDAs that they had in stock they may order some new ones to replace them. I don't have high hopes, but it is worth a try.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
05_43a5cb.jpg

127197_source_1611158603.png

More troops on the way for my little army of RDAs.
I got a mongrel.
Debating, but might get another. I like the wide-bore tip, and the thing, so far, may be the most leak-proof squonk RDA I've used, and I've probably used 100.
I am used to peeking inside to see the liquid come up - occasionally - to have a feel for how much to squonk. On the Mongrel, I've held down the bottle for a long, long, long time, and have yet to see any liquid, or have any gurgling (or on the other hand, had a "dryish" hit.). I know it's kind of a unique design with the airflow thingy, and a deep well outside it - but I wasn't sure it would work. It does!!

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I ordered a liter of nic. 40% off (sale over in 10 minutes, hurry!) at NudeNic, my preferred source. I also recently got nic from 2 other places (stocking the freezer I mentioned about a page back).
I think this puts me at roughly 10 years' worth. I kind of have to check my usage, as I'm vaping a bit more, now that I'm not running around travelling for work...

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I got a mongrel.
Debating, but might get another. I like the wide-bore tip, and the thing, so far, may be the most leak-proof squonk RDA I've used, and I've probably used 100.
I am used to peeking inside to see the liquid come up - occasionally - to have a feel for how much to squonk. On the Mongrel, I've held down the bottle for a long, long, long time, and have yet to see any liquid, or have any gurgling (or on the other hand, had a "dryish" hit.). I know it's kind of a unique design with the airflow thingy, and a deep well outside it - but I wasn't sure it would work. It does!!
I have had my doubts about that one. I have not enjoyed any RDAs that I have tried that relies on capillary action to feed the coil. The only ones I have liked are the ones that actually pushed the juice up on the coil directly. I may have to snag one just to see if it would work for me. I do like the idea of it having a lot of airflow and a wide bore tip.

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have had my doubts about that one. I have not enjoyed any RDAs that I have tried that relies on capillary action to feed the coil. The only ones I have liked are the ones that actually pushed the juice up on the coil directly. I may have to snag one just to see if it would work for me. I do like the idea of it having a lot of airflow and a wide bore tip.
I lean towards that too - seeing the liquid come up to the bottom of the coil...
That's why I figured I'd post my note - this one, mysteriously - as you can't see what's happening - is providing a consistently nice vape!

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got a mongrel.
I have a Tauren Solo that's similar (bridged airflow). I like to watch juice in all my other RDAs too. Squonking is like hoping for the best with that one lol. I love the way it vapes though. I wasn't going to get the Mongrel because I dislike not being able to see what's going on. Single coil RDAs don't come around that often anymore so I figured I should probably just get one..

I also want to get a Claymore before it's too late.

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I lean towards that too - seeing the liquid come up to the bottom of the coil...
That's why I figured I'd post my note - this one, mysteriously - as you can't see what's happening - is providing a consistently nice vape!
I never actually look into the RDA very often anymore, so that part don't bother me. It is just that the feel of the vapor always seems a little off when I don't get juice on the coil itself. I revisited a couple of RDAs a few days ago, the Axial and the Tauren Solo, and it just wasn't right. I wasn't getting dry hits or anything, they vaped well and the flavor was there. But I like the vapor to be very saturated and those RDAs didn't do that as well as one would if you cover at least some of the metal of the coil in juice. It is the same feel I got from most RTAs, it just seemed like the vapor itself was more dry, like it is less saturated or something, and the mouth feel is different. Could just be me being crazy or something, but it sure feels different out of those type of RDAs to me.

I will still try to grab one while I can, it may not give that same feel like the others have. And who knows, I might like the more dry feel later and regret not grabbing one while I had the option.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Did some mixing(finally!). Built my Juggerknot mini and Dwarv DL RTAs. I forgot how much I like those two! The Juggerknot has some lovely butterscotch coffee in it and the Dwarf has some butterscotch cake. Also going through my stuff to see if I need anything before the vape mail ban goes through. :cuss2:

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just found out that I probably had a Keen mech mod stolen a while back. I ordered it from Everzon and was waiting for it. Their site doesn't alert me when packages are sent or provide tracking. I messaged them asking if they'd sent it. I got a tracking number so I checked it out.

It was supposedly delivered to my box on January 21st. Either it was delivered to a wrong mail box or someone saw a package and took it. I doubt our mail driver put it anywhere else. It was only like fifty bucks but damn it that makes me mad.

Some of you might remember UPS dropped off a couple of boxes that weren't mine about a month ago. I actually found out who they were for and brought the stuff to right place. I wish someone would do that for me right now..

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ordered some nic. Didn't get a huge deal like Train did, just the 15% off using the diyordie code at liquidbarn. Was contemplating other types of nicotine, mfs, lnw, nude etc. Some were definitely cheaper. Sucks that vaperstek went out of business so soon. Without knowing how they are I stick with cnt since I know what it's like and it's pretty decent. A lot of people I've seen love purnic too and not a fan of their liquid pepper. So hard to go solely off others reviews on stuff like that. When it comes to having to depend on it if nicotine becomes hard to source I'd rather spend the few extra bucks for something known.

Heartland had cnt just the other day and now it's out of stock. Already waited too long on that swell mod until it was impossible to find, not tryin to do that again. $114 for 1.5L of nic, the rate I use it should be good for around 7-9yrs. Honestly don't see nic lasting to the extremes so may not even stay good that long. No point in getting 20yrs worth imo. If anything should give me plenty of time to step down my nic if it becomes impossible to source in the future.

I appreciate all the newcomers to diy but those who haven't done the math on it or just going nuts and ordering gallons of nic for personal use like 'yea I'm good for 30yrs'.. it's becoming the friggin rona's tp situation all over again.

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I decided to open up the Vapefly Galaxies squonking RDTA I got a couple weeks ago and build it so I could use it when I feel like it. I already have an older one, and like it, but wanted another one as a backup. Thankfully, I had already purchased replacement drip tips for both, because I don't like the drip tips they come with.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Ordered some nic. Didn't get a huge deal like Train did, just the 15% off using the diyordie code at liquidbarn. Was contemplating other types of nicotine, mfs, lnw, nude etc. Some were definitely cheaper. Sucks that vaperstek went out of business so soon. Without knowing how they are I stick with cnt since I know what it's like and it's pretty decent. A lot of people I've seen love purnic too and not a fan of their liquid pepper. So hard to go solely off others reviews on stuff like that. When it comes to having to depend on it if nicotine becomes hard to source I'd rather spend the few extra bucks for something known.

Heartland had cnt just the other day and now it's out of stock. Already waited too long on that swell mod until it was impossible to find, not tryin to do that again. $114 for 1.5L of nic, the rate I use it should be good for around 7-9yrs. Honestly don't see nic lasting to the extremes so may not even stay good that long. No point in getting 20yrs worth imo. If anything should give me plenty of time to step down my nic if it becomes impossible to source in the future.

I appreciate all the newcomers to diy but those who haven't done the math on it or just going nuts and ordering gallons of nic for personal use like 'yea I'm good for 30yrs'.. it's becoming the friggin rona's tp situation all over again.
Hey @Synphul . I bought a gallon of 100 nic from LNW 2 months ago for $159.
I bottled it up. It was clear and odorless so you could look into that!

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey @Synphul . I bought a gallon of 100 nic from LNW 2 months ago for $159.
I bottled it up. It was clear and odorless so you could look into that!
I already grabbed the cnt or I would. Still a gallon is overkill for my needs, extra I don't need to store and I'll never use it up before it goes bad. Wish lnw would pick a different color for their nic than piss yellow for the promo photo. Not a good look. Unless you mean the cnt gallon? I looked into that, but still too much or more than I need. Wish they sold cnt in smaller amounts.

As far as being clear and odorless I've found that doesn't mean much. Purnic was clear and odorless and still liquid pepper. Which is what has me skeptical when I see reviews of other nicotine and people commenting how clear and odorless it is. That's a good start but doesn't mean it's smooth. And I don't know how cnt stacks up against a lot of others. Just that mine's been good so far, pretty well known manufacturer so chances are less variation from batch to batch. I just know I started with nic river's diy kit and their purnic, it was a 150ml bottle so thankfully wasn't a shit ton. Lasted a good while, I powered through it.

Kept thinking it was something I was doing wrong starting in diy because it was 'clear and odorless'. My throat can't handle a ton of throat hit after smoking and coughing. My 3mg mixes were tasting like 6-8mg on the throat. Once I got away from purnic, switched to cnt and switched to a different company for vg other than river supply my mixes improved significantly. I'm all for branching out and trying new stuff, but not when it comes to having to depend on it in a pinch the next however long and take a gamble on large quantities of unknown.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I already grabbed the cnt or I would. Still a gallon is overkill for my needs, extra I don't need to store and I'll never use it up before it goes bad. Wish lnw would pick a different color for their nic than piss yellow for the promo photo. Not a good look. Unless you mean the cnt gallon? I looked into that, but still too much or more than I need. Wish they sold cnt in smaller amounts.

As far as being clear and odorless I've found that doesn't mean much. Purnic was clear and odorless and still liquid pepper. Which is what has me skeptical when I see reviews of other nicotine and people commenting how clear and odorless it is. That's a good start but doesn't mean it's smooth. And I don't know how cnt stacks up against a lot of others. Just that mine's been good so far, pretty well known manufacturer so chances are less variation from batch to batch. I just know I started with nic river's diy kit and their purnic, it was a 150ml bottle so thankfully wasn't a shit ton. Lasted a good while, I powered through it.

Kept thinking it was something I was doing wrong starting in diy because it was 'clear and odorless'. My throat can't handle a ton of throat hit after smoking and coughing. My 3mg mixes were tasting like 6-8mg on the throat. Once I got away from purnic, switched to cnt and switched to a different company for vg other than river supply my mixes improved significantly. I'm all for branching out and trying new stuff, but not when it comes to having to depend on it in a pinch the next however long and take a gamble on large quantities of unknown.
That gallon i bought from LNW was clear with a very slight pink tint to it, but i know what you mean that it varies. I once got a gallon of PurNic and it smelled like an ashtray. They replaced it and the next jug was good. Seems like they tried to see if i would swallow on the first jug.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That gallon i bought from LNW was clear with a very slight pink tint to it, but i know what you mean that it varies. I once got a gallon of PurNic and it smelled like an ashtray. They replaced it and the next jug was good. Seems like they tried to see if i would swallow on the first jug.
I could be wrong but isn't the pink tint generally caused from backfilling with nitrogen to top off the bottle and void it of oxygen? I think some use argon, some use nitrogen. I looked at nude nic armor v3 also but I think that has a rubber plunger for needle extraction, just seems like a royal pia. Especially since I plan to break mine down to smaller bottles once they need cracked open. Don't see any reason to break the foil early and expose to air longer than needed.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I have no idea how they do it. all i know is i have about 4 gallons total busted up in 120ml amber bottles in the freezer.
It was clean when i did it, so we'll see how it goes.
I mix with 3mg nic so i'm good for a while

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have no idea how they do it. all i know is i have about 4 gallons total busted up in 120ml amber bottles in the freezer.
It was clean when i did it, so we'll see how it goes.
I mix with 3mg nic so i'm good for a while
I bought a total of 5 liters from LNH a few months back. It was all pretty clean. I sampled some of it at 3mg and couldn't tell a difference from my usual Chemnovatic. It's good nic and their prices are awesome too.

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I haven't bought batteries in a while, as they are all still holding up pretty well. For my on the road setups I decided to buy 8 Molicel P26A batts. Liionwholesale.com already has the label created so they should be out the door today. Thanks @Jon@LiionWholesale for having such a great place to get batteries!

FlavorOverClouds

Member For 1 Year
Created a listing in the Vendors forum.

SpoCoils - No frills, just clouds and flavor

I only want it to taste amazing. Is that too much to ask?

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Spun more staggered fused claptons. I'm really enjoying how they vape. I'm so glad I decided to try something different. I still love my aliens and fraliens but staggered coils work better sometimes.

I lost out on my first Keen mech mod order. I'm going to try it again but from a different store. Ordered two this time and splurged for quicker shipping. 😁 Hopefully no snags this time. Who knows, maybe I'll find the first one this spring when the snow melts.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Made some fused claptons for the aromamizer v3. Damn my setup pisses me off. Seriously need to get it sorted before it drives me to go fuckin postal. One of those days felt like everything working against me. From cordless drill batteries being steaming piles of shit that need replaced to not enough light to swivels that keep getting hung up so damn bad the cores are springing around a good inch to inch and a half even when pulled tight cause they keep catching.

4x30ga ss316L with 40ga ni80 wrap. Welp, it's wire and it vapes. Bout all I can say about it, definitely no photos of that clusterfuck. Looks like a drunk tard high on glue spun them. #4 coastlocks and they're ball bearing, they just suck chunks. Even with 3 in series.

Still vapes better than the janky china wire but that's not saying much. 3mm duals 6 wrap at .15 on the aromamizer. Bout threw the whole fuckin works in the trash, drill, wire, all of it. lol. Watching close ups of coil build tutorials, their shit's nice and straight spinning on an axis. Mine's flailing around like a floppy dick that caught a stiff breeze and if I pull anymore tension with the drill the cores will snap.

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Made some fused claptons for the aromamizer v3. Damn my setup pisses me off. Seriously need to get it sorted before it drives me to go fuckin postal. One of those days felt like everything working against me. From cordless drill batteries being steaming piles of shit that need replaced to not enough light to swivels that keep getting hung up so damn bad the cores are springing around a good inch to inch and a half even when pulled tight cause they keep catching.

4x30ga ss316L with 40ga ni80 wrap. Welp, it's wire and it vapes. Bout all I can say about it, definitely no photos of that clusterfuck. Looks like a drunk tard high on glue spun them. #4 coastlocks and they're ball bearing, they just suck chunks. Even with 3 in series.

Still vapes better than the janky china wire but that's not saying much. 3mm duals 6 wrap at .15 on the aromamizer. Bout threw the whole fuckin works in the trash, drill, wire, all of it. lol. Watching close ups of coil build tutorials, their shit's nice and straight spinning on an axis. Mine's flailing around like a floppy dick that caught a stiff breeze and if I pull anymore tension with the drill the cores will snap.
I had a similar issue recently and had to replace all my swivels. It fixed my issue, but I have to make sure to clean the swivels from time to time. I just dip them in my ultrasonic cleaner for a few seconds every once in a while and it seems to do the trick.

I always hated using a drill to wrap wire, ended up modifying a sewing machine. Made my life a lot easier in the long run.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I've been trying different swivels. One day we went to a store called L&M Fleet Supply. It might be a regional store. I don't think it has anything to do with Mills Fleet Farm and it's smaller. They have a fishing section and I found some swivels that work great. They're ball bearing swivels but are small and have like little key rings on both sides.
E3Fe3sa.jpg

I link two or three of those together but still use a #3 snap swivel on the end. I put a drop or two of 3 in 1 oil on them which might not be necessary.

I started to have success with my wires when I found a way to clamp both my swivel end and drill to my table. Before I clamp my drill down, I push it away from the swivel end until I have the tension Im going for. I haven't done much 4 core stuff. For 3 cores I don't use anything on my line. I just clamp my drill down with tension on the line. They will collapse if I hold my clapton wire too tight. They pretty much stay the course for me now though even with alien wrapped claptons.

FlavorOverClouds

Member For 1 Year
I had a similar issue recently and had to replace all my swivels. It fixed my issue, but I have to make sure to clean the swivels from time to time. I just dip them in my ultrasonic cleaner for a few seconds every once in a while and it seems to do the trick.

I always hated using a drill to wrap wire, ended up modifying a sewing machine. Made my life a lot easier in the long run.
I'm curious how the sewing machine is setup. Sounds like a great idea. Got any pictures?

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm curious how the sewing machine is setup. Sounds like a great idea. Got any pictures?

I've only got a couple pics that I have already taken, but if you need any more, I can get some later.

I removed as much as I could from the front end to get of the horizontal shaft. Had to cut some of the brackets off to get them out of the way. I built a wooden mount with a fidget spinner screwed to it and swivels attached to that with a 3D printed pin for that side of the set up. The swivel mount is the same height as the shaft of the sewing machine to keep the core wire from wobbling as much as I can. For a multi core wire, I use the wire guides from the daedalus to keep them flat and not twist or bunch up. This setup gives me a variable speed foot pedal to control the spin, and leaves me with a free hand to deal with the issues that pop up or to vape with while I am wrapping wire. Makes things pretty quick and easy.

jaUgcvj - Imgur.jpg
y1keJBi - Imgur.jpg

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've only got a couple pics that I have already taken, but if you need any more, I can get some later.

I removed as much as I could from the front end to get of the horizontal shaft. Had to cut some of the brackets off to get them out of the way. I built a wooden mount with a fidget spinner screwed to it and swivels attached to that with a 3D printed pin for that side of the set up. The swivel mount is the same height as the shaft of the sewing machine to keep the core wire from wobbling as much as I can. For a multi core wire, I use the wire guides from the daedalus to keep them flat and not twist or bunch up. This setup gives me a variable speed foot pedal to control the spin, and leaves me with a free hand to deal with the issues that pop up or to vape with while I am wrapping wire. Makes things pretty quick and easy.

View attachment 178122
View attachment 178123
I love that. That's some serious MacGyver stuff.

FL_David

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I went online to Wizard Labs for their 20% off sale. I bought 15 new-to-me flavors and 250ml of their standard Nic as their AmeriNic was sold out. I vape at 2mg so the cheaper nic might be ok. Lucky for me Wizard Labs is a tad over 12 miles from me, so vape mail ban be damned, hopefully. At least for more nic later.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I went online to Wizard Labs for their 20% off sale. I bought 15 new-to-me flavors and 250ml of their standard Nic as their AmeriNic was sold out. I vape at 2mg so the cheaper nic might be ok. Lucky for me Wizard Labs is a tad over 12 miles from me, so vape mail ban be damned, hopefully. At least for more nic later.
Whenever I order anything from Florida it's like a black hole. I had one order bounce back in forth from Okalaka(sp?) and Miami about 5 times before it left the state. I just ordered some RDAs from EV Cigs and my orders been sittin Jacksonville for four days. The postal workers there must be over worked or something..

FlavorOverClouds

Member For 1 Year
This is brilliant! Well done. I discovered recently how much easier the builds go when everything is level. Thanks for the pictures.

View attachment 178122
View attachment 178123

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

View attachment 178122
View attachment 178123
Genius. Now got me wondering if I could score a sewing machine cheap. Also curious how people are using the fidget spinner bearings or skate bearings, guessing some sort of clevis pin is used? Sure would beat swapping batteries every few minutes. I've seen some mount their cordless with strapping or other things but wouldn't work with my current desk setup. And not looking to tie my drill up, I do use it for other stuff.

What I'd really like at some point is some sort of cradle with gears. 2 gears on either side mated, something to drive a shaft between two of the gears and let them spin some sort of ring on either side with adjustable lateral tension. That way it would be positive even rotation and not a powered side with a dummy side spinning trying to keep up and falling behind. Only thing I think would really be critical are the gears mating tight enough to eliminate slop and make sure they're clocked the same to keep the rotating swivel points in sync.

@Just Frank Will have to look into those. I've tried 3 in 1 oil on my coastlocks, run 3 in series. Maybe a run through the ultrasonic will help. Tried pulling tension and rotating by hand to feel if I could sense any hangups or burrs inside or anything. They seem to rotate smooth by hand. I make sure all the rings and things are free/straight and not bound up. The drill spins fairly straight far as I can tell. Just the wire gets going even at moderate speeds and I feel it bind then release with a sort of 'twang' which causes the cores to jump. It's not from tension on the wrap I even set the spool on the desk and just let it slip through my fingertips. Frustrating trying to see shit when the cores are bouncing like a bass string that's just been strummed and looks like a blur. lol.

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Genius. Now got me wondering if I could score a sewing machine cheap. Also curious how people are using the fidget spinner bearings or skate bearings, guessing some sort of clevis pin is used? Sure would beat swapping batteries every few minutes. I've seen some mount their cordless with strapping or other things but wouldn't work with my current desk setup. And not looking to tie my drill up, I do use it for other stuff.

What I'd really like at some point is some sort of cradle with gears. 2 gears on either side mated, something to drive a shaft between two of the gears and let them spin some sort of ring on either side with adjustable lateral tension. That way it would be positive even rotation and not a powered side with a dummy side spinning trying to keep up and falling behind. Only thing I think would really be critical are the gears mating tight enough to eliminate slop and make sure they're clocked the same to keep the rotating swivel points in sync.

@Just Frank Will have to look into those. I've tried 3 in 1 oil on my coastlocks, run 3 in series. Maybe a run through the ultrasonic will help. Tried pulling tension and rotating by hand to feel if I could sense any hangups or burrs inside or anything. They seem to rotate smooth by hand. I make sure all the rings and things are free/straight and not bound up. The drill spins fairly straight far as I can tell. Just the wire gets going even at moderate speeds and I feel it bind then release with a sort of 'twang' which causes the cores to jump. It's not from tension on the wrap I even set the spool on the desk and just let it slip through my fingertips. Frustrating trying to see shit when the cores are bouncing like a bass string that's just been strummed and looks like a blur. lol.
Sewing machines can be found for cheap at most thrift stores like goodwill and salvation army.

I run the spinners through the ultrasonic cleaner because the oil lets dirt stick on the inside of the bearings, and this is the most effective way I know how to clean that out of them.

brandon david

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Ordered 5 bf 510s and 5 regular 510s to finish my stock up on diy building stuff.

Time to find 4 or 5 more single coil rdas and I'm done.

Between those, 4 more liters of nic, and 4 more used unregulated squonkers, this has been the most expensive week, well, year I've had vape wise in the last few years and it's just February. Ha

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My oldest daughter moved out yesterday, so already stole her room, moved out the bed she didn't want, and made it into my vape room, till now all my stuff was downstairs in the basement, real pain when wanted to mix juice, lug everything I needed upstairs and then back down when done.

Didn't realize how much stuff I have collected, took 4 hours to get everything moved and organized, but now have the vape room, where everything is easy to get too, and now can mix in that room, so no more moving things just to mix.

VU Sponsors