Become a Patron!

What did you do today that is vape related?

FlavorOverClouds

Member For 1 Year
Fixed an old mod sent as an extra from a lot purchase. Eleaf iStick TC 200W that was giving battery warning. Another backup mod that I will probably never use.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Found a swell mod, those bitches are getting to be like unicorns. Kicking myself for not ordering 2-3 when they were $21 on sale. No stupid me figures they'll be around for awhile. Like the gen. Or hell the istick 30's I still see for sale from what 5-6yrs ago? Oi. Naturally no black obsidian, ended up with an alligator brown one from element. Fricken $62 with shipping for a mod that cost me $46 on pre-order. Oh well, it is what it is, but I got a backup and the alligator isn't bad. It's g10 at least.

The pulse 2 is nice enough, just feels cheaper than the swell. Like everything is thinner, not near as much attention to detail or aesthetics. Still happier with my $62 swell than my $18 drag 2.

Mixed some juice, broke out the frothing machine to mix. Too heavy for my scale to weigh it directly so had to weigh out ingredients and pour into the mixer. Wasn't sure what to expect but honestly did a pretty good job. Used the smaller paddle stirrer in it and mixed thoroughly without any ridiculous sloshing or splashing. Mixer's so quiet barely hear it hum. The heated mix setting thinned the 80% vg mix fine though not even sure it absolutely needed to be heated. I wasn't sure how strong the motor would be. Handled 240ml just fine, with room to spare. Could probably even exceed the 'max' line and mix 300-360ml in it with no mess. I think the max line is a precaution for it's intended use of frothing much thinner milk and the amount of fluff it generates.

Only down side is the cycles are limited. Couldn't find any clear documentation with it about the heated mix setting, I think it's like 30s? Supposed to let it cool down for 2min before running another heated cycle. I tried running it again and the heated cycle was much shorter the second round, more like 5-10s. To be fair I didn't give it the 2min so it may be a thermostat regulation thing, stopping the mix when it reaches temp. Was able to run the cold mix option though for like 2-3min whatever the cycle is. A bit of babysitting to use it but once it warmed up the juice a few cycles of cool mixing while the juice was still warm. Mixed it nicer than shaking my brains out without a ton of unnecessary froth or air bubbles.

Poured it out into 120ml bottles using a small funnel and gotta say it poured nice even without much of a spout lip to speak of. Has a clear cover so if letting it rest between cycles keeps the juice clean/free of any debris. Is it a magnetic stirrer that can run for 30-60min? No. Can't run as big of a batch either, but for smaller to medium batches works well. Was cheaper than a mag stirrer and the attached 'bar' means it doesn't whip out of balance. Pouring it out I wanted to see how much juice I lost coating the inside. Hardly none. Maybe 3-4 droplets, the inside is nonstick.

All in all a win, the only thing that would make it simpler going forward is a larger cylinder to weigh ingredients (that can hold them all) and refiguring my recipe for the larger batches. Just starting out to give it a test run I was lazy, used a 60ml batch recipe and the mental math to quadruple it. Weighed ingredients in a smaller container that was handy so had to weigh repeated times making it redundant and time consuming but that's on me. For $35-40 a milk frother unit on amazon works pretty well within my expectations. Might make a viable alternative for smaller/med size mixing batches, won't 'cook' the juice, handles thicker vg, quiet, no mess. And on the bright side when I'm not mixing juice I can use it to froth milk for coffee or mix up hot cocoa and stuff. lol.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ordered a few more things since apparently fricken ups is on board with the douche canoes at fedex and the usps mandate coming up. Getting harder to find them but found a noname clone of the kayfun v5. Pretty much the only atomizer my mom uses so she has another spare. Found it at 3f and while there found some additional stuff I could use. A spare glass cap for the mongrel, the honeycomb airflow insert for the mongrel they just came out with, a spare bottle for the pulse v2. Also had some of those mesh strips for the supreme v3, like 10 ss316L for $2. Never used mesh before but we'll see. Worst case I don't care for it and I'm only out a couple bucks for them. I think around 36 shipped for all of it.

Not sure if the supreme v3 comes with a mesh strip in the goodies bag or not. There's one of my quirks, in coming up on 5yrs of vaping aside from the cigalikes and the ego pens - I've never used the included coil with any atomizer. The ehpro bachelor was my first, came with one of those notch coils prewicked. The coil with the mongrel or anything else that's come with one. I figure if I like the mesh I'll just order a spool of it and cut my own. Will feel weird using a coil I didn't have to make. Been off premade coils for about 4yrs. Closest I came was trying some premade mkws crap on a spool, made 2 or 3 coils out of it and tossed it back in the box.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Picked up a few of those nice 'chubby gorilla' 510 DTs in black for like 44 cents each, and a nice Smok brand 810 DT in purple for matchy with my incoming purple Pico 2 and Coral 2 RDA. Don't like those stock stubby 810 things at all.

Got a deal from Eightvape with a free shipping code, otherwise shipping is more than the order costs. ;)

eightvape_drip_tips.jpg

Winning...
h07013.gif

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Discovered that these tiny little containers I get 10/$1.00 from Dollar Tree are more than just parts or small leftover containers.

I can use them to store atties so they don't get dried up o-rings, dusty, damaged, or protect them if you're in the middle of working on one, etc. Vital for keeping small parts like grub screws, clamps, o-rings, and stuff.

The 24mm Wotofo Profile M RTA fits nicely, so they'd hold quite a few things.

IMG_20210130_111427.jpg

Great when you have a cat too because nobody wants cat hair in an RTA....trust me. ;)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
BTW, I know ya can get those Chubby Gorilla DTs for like $15 for a 100 of 'em. I just don't need that many.

They are meant to be disposable, which is kinda meh unless you run a vape store. I don't share vapes with anyone, so it ain't an issue here. ;)

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ordered a little chest freezer, for the garage, intended primarily to store Nic, as USPS, FedEx and UPS all prepare to not carry vape related stuff...

Anyone got pix of bottles in a little (3.5 cu ft) freezer? I'm not really sure how big that'll be. Guessing I need to get something to be a "shelf" to have 2 levels of bottles - these things are designed to hold bags or boxes of food, not upright bottles...

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Discovered that these tiny little containers I get 10/$1.00 from Dollar Tree are more than just parts or small leftover containers.

I can use them to store atties so they don't get dried up o-rings, dusty, damaged, or protect them if you're in the middle of working on one, etc. Vital for keeping small parts like grub screws, clamps, o-rings, and stuff.

The 24mm Wotofo Profile M RTA fits nicely, so they'd hold quite a few things.

View attachment 177388

Great when you have a cat too because nobody wants cat hair in an RTA....trust me. ;)
No pos ta cabrón... that cat does NOT fit inside this little box. :giggle:

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ordered a little chest freezer, for the garage, intended primarily to store Nic, as USPS, FedEx and UPS all prepare to not carry vape related stuff...

Anyone got pix of bottles in a little (3.5 cu ft) freezer? I'm not really sure how big that'll be. Guessing I need to get something to be a "shelf" to have 2 levels of bottles - these things are designed to hold bags or boxes of food, not upright bottles...
I don't have a pic to share but should be good sized. Not really sure but I think the cu ft is the internal space isn't it? My home fridge is an older model, 16cu ft with a 3.7 cu ft freezer. A standalone may be shaped differently but it's good sized. Couple of ice trays, a turkey, tub of ice cream, several packages of meat. Roughly in the range of a home freezer found in a fridge. Suffice to say should hold a good amount.

Edit: Should've said I don't have a personal pic or one with bottles of juice or vape stuffs. This is an example of a 3.5 cu ft. Others are shaped different so you may need shelves. Should be simple enough to make.
4a7a3fdd-8a72-40bb-84e6-638bb1517d95.185e396f5027cb820d5cd26de8b8cb1a.jpeg

Train

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't have a pic to share but should be good sized. Not really sure but I think the cu ft is the internal space isn't it? My home fridge is an older model, 16cu ft with a 3.7 cu ft freezer. A standalone may be shaped differently but it's good sized. Couple of ice trays, a turkey, tub of ice cream, several packages of meat. Roughly in the range of a home freezer found in a fridge. Suffice to say should hold a good amount.

Edit: Should've said I don't have a personal pic or one with bottles of juice or vape stuffs. This is an example of a 3.5 cu ft. Others are shaped different so you may need shelves. Should be simple enough to make.
4a7a3fdd-8a72-40bb-84e6-638bb1517d95.185e396f5027cb820d5cd26de8b8cb1a.jpeg
Thanks - that actually does help put it in perspective.
Different form - it's just a big open square space really - opens from the top. But thinking of it like "it's almost as much room as the fridge/freezer freezer section" - that's a WHOLE lot of room overall. Probably store my nic, AND some long-term freezer food, lol.

Or get the "ice packs for injuries" out of the kitchen.
???

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Well, today was interesting. I had an all day chat with my sister on Messenger. It was like I was talking to her in person where I can't get a word in edgewise. Good grief!

And, Chuck received a couple of orders for some atty discs. 40 in total. $5 bucks for 10. The 0.5mm you can barely see.

@CaFF I wanted to offer you this purple Big Baby Beast to go with that purple Pico just for postage but it's a hair too large for my standard Pico and fear it won't fit yours. If you want it you're welcome to it. This is the first time I'm using it. Way too airy for me even with a .4 coil and airflow turn almost all the way off.

Big BB Purple.jpg

@Just Frank Can those lighted BB coils work in any BB tank or does it have to be a 'light edition' tank? I haven't tried one yet. Also, does the BB RBA and BB lighted coils work in the NRG SE Tank that comes with the Swag 2 kit? Love that kit.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@Just Frank Can those lighted BB coils work in any BB tank or does it have to be a 'light edition' tank? I haven't tried one yet. Also, does the BB RBA and BB lighted coils work in the NRG SE Tank that comes with the Swag 2 kit? Love that kit.
I think you can use them in whatever tank they'll fit. To tell you the truth, I haven't tried any yet. I think the light is in the bottom of the coil head so you can use them with whatever tank. I've been meaning to try one quick but haven't yet.

Edit- forgot to mention the RBA. Yes I got the NRG PE tank (From my Swag 2 kit) to work with a Baby RBA. A Nunchaku subohm tank glass does the job (Not the Nunchaku 2 glass).

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
While we're talking about RDAs, I just want to say that for anyone who likes single-coilers and likes dripping, the Cthulhu Mjolnir is an excellent choice, if you can find one. The juice well is so deep you can leave long wicks and drip a quite a bit of juice at one time. The flavor is really good and the top doesn't get hot. It even comes with a drip tip that is worth using. Airflow wide open is perfect for me, so that's at most a bit looser restricted DL. I love this thing. And believe it or not, it seems to be most comfortable on the battery base of an eLeaf iJust S kit - a 3000 mAh battery with five-click on/off and some protections, but otherwise mechanical.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
While we're talking about RDAs, I just want to say that for anyone who likes single-coilers and likes dripping, the Cthulhu Mjolnir is an excellent choice, if you can find one.

I'm looking at the Cthulhu Mjolnir & it looks like a good one. From what I see it could also be used as an RSA. :) Not a bad price, either.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
While we're talking about RDAs, I just want to say that for anyone who likes single-coilers and likes dripping, the Cthulhu Mjolnir is an excellent choice, if you can find one. The juice well is so deep you can leave long wicks and drip a quite a bit of juice at one time. The flavor is really good and the top doesn't get hot. It even comes with a drip tip that is worth using. Airflow wide open is perfect for me, so that's at most a bit looser restricted DL. I love this thing. And believe it or not, it seems to be most comfortable on the battery base of an eLeaf iJust S kit - a 3000 mAh battery with five-click on/off and some protections, but otherwise mechanical.
I have a few of those myself. All stainless. Tried to find a black one when I got them last year but no luck

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Really glad to hear that yours were not mislabeled like mine was. I was hoping it was just a single mistake and not the whole batch of them that had the issue.
Thx bro, I'm sad you didn't get yours after I recommended it to you...must be an issue with the black ones?

Flaves rule. :D

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@CaFF I wanted to offer you this purple Big Baby Beast to go with that purple Pico just for postage but it's a hair too large for my standard Pico and fear it won't fit yours. If you want it you're welcome to it. This is the first time I'm using it. Way too airy for me even with a .4 coil and airflow turn almost all the way off.

View attachment 177478

Well, wow, that WOULD look great on there.
But, honestly, I don't even use my tricked-out BB that I put the bubble kit on with hax o-rings.

Just not a very good RTA, IMO. I have better and I'd bet some user would be really happy to have one.
I have enough. TY though dear... *hugs* :)

The atty that comes with the Pico Squeeze 2, I have the RBA heads for and can rebuild it like I did with the Elabo. Not bad at all...but it's getting a SS Flave with a purple Smok DT for the matchy. =)

Last edited:

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thx bro, I'm sad you didn't get yours after I recommended it to you...must be an issue with the black ones?

Flaves rule. :D
Maybe. The tube the RDA comes in had the ID number of the Flave on the sticker on the side, but it was clearly not the Flave. Since they pretty much forced me to pay for the RDA I didn't want (or can even use at that fact) it left a bad taste in my mouth with them and I just moved on. No biggie though, I don't know what I am missing since I never used one. If it was something I knew and loved I would have been supremely pissed.

Here is the pics of issue I had.

The id number for it is 5675
Screenshot 2021-02-02 at 11.17.01 PM.png
The tube I got.
5YXXtJH - Imgur.jpg
They must not have even looked at this huge sticker on the front...
dPxIol5 - Imgur.jpg

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Maybe. The tube the RDA comes in had the ID number of the Flave on the sticker on the side, but it was clearly not the Flave. Since they pretty much forced me to pay for the RDA I didn't want (or can even use at that fact) it left a bad taste in my mouth with them and I just moved on. No biggie though, I don't know what I am missing since I never used one. If it was something I knew and loved I would have been supremely pissed.

Here is the pics of issue I had.

The id number for it is 5675
View attachment 177542
The tube I got.
View attachment 177543
They must not have even looked at this huge sticker on the front...
View attachment 177544
MIne have the number 5678 on 'em....IDK, they must have run out of the black ones?
Talk to Doris and/or Adam, they'll get ya sorted.

Look at that card I got and contact her...Doris is the best ever since she was at Focal. 2F is her site...

She likes my Milly pics too. :D

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The Pico Squeeze 2 kit and the DT's I got for it are both tracking in the US now....NV and Cali...ATM.

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
MIne have the number 5678 on 'em....IDK, they must have run out of the black ones?
Talk to Doris and/or Adam, they'll get ya sorted.
Already did, they gave me a $10 gift certificate. It's all good, I accept that I missed out on that RDA.

My focus has shifted to acquiring one more Kronig mod. Just cannot decide if I want another 18650, or if I should wait for the next 21700 model to drop.

(if anyone wants the code for the $10 off at 2Fdeal message me)

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not a whole helluva lot, tracked shipments is about it. Already been on a doomsday spending spree outside my norm, trying to be logical about it. Lots of 'fun' shiny looking stuff but it's like will it hold up? Is it worth blowing money on?

Without knowing how easy or difficult things will be to get moving forward. I do get excited to play with new stuff but ultimately in the end the new wears off. Using similar atomizers, similar coils, many begin tasting a whole lot the same. Find myself looking at mods and things like 'what's least likely to fall apart' and 'what's least likely to piss me off'. Whether it be battery doors or whatever. The gaur looks nice just not thrilled with the cframe. Not the way the one battery is half hidden, no ribbon assist or anything. If I'm limited to what mods I can get in the next month or so not gonna blow money on finger fuckin the batteries. Swell has the same chip and so much better designed imo.

I think some of the single battery mods look sleek, the grus, the odin single etc. One of those weird things since using the pulse v2 annoys me, single battery life. Granted I don't have a 21700 in it, would like to but I can do that later. Just finding certain aspects that make or break it for me.

On the bright side, should have my aromamizer before long. Landed in Chicago, passed off to customs, dicking around, may or may not be handed off to usps yet. Those clowns are chapping my ass recently with all the 'location not accessible, failed delivery' lies. Bout to put a boot in the postmaster general's ass and find out why their hiring requirements include 'incompetent fucks'. Lived here 12-13yrs, never had a problem. 2021 and suddenly they can't get their collective shit together.

Ruppy_bear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
so my yesterday i randomly met up with my friend (which i really like). she made a post if anyone was near by and i saw the location which was near me, so i met up with her. anyways its been a few months and her vgod still just a shell with nothing at my friends house. i remember i promise her i give her a rda tank, 1 set of coils, cotton and charger for free. she a student and u know her family in all so this is why the shell is still at my friends house after so many months. i recently bought a few things and one of them was clone goon 528 for her cuz the tank i was suppose to give her was messed up by me. my friend also gave me a free mech mod clone cuz no body wants it, so i took it (gold and shiny as fuck).

now yesterday i carried 2 and juice, and i saw her. i told her u can borrow my mod as i have everything with me ATM. she when left, she took my dior 999 lipstick (my new mod is named dior 999) one of my battery, my single charger and one of my juice. i also told her i didnt bring cotton out for you as it was too randomly of a met, so try not to burn the coil. i also said u can have it as long want just remember to return it to me.

i dont normally lend mods out to ppl for this long. like there is no date of return but its ok. sorry to burst your bubbles but this isnt a love story and we are just friends. im not going out of my way to make this a relationship. dont wanna ruin this amazing friendship even thought i really like her. im going to laugh it she loses my mod.IMG_20210129_211048.jpg

Last edited:

Tornadoalleydeb

Vaping whilst slaying dragons in the land of Tyria
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Finally pulled the trigger on the Lost Vape URSA Quest and grabbed some extra coils as the place didn't have the RBA yet. I can get that later. Probably won't see it till after the CNY but that's okay. Browsed a few other China sites for some drip tips and grabbed like 10. Random colors of course but hopefully a few will be to my liking and I do like the style of them, so there's that.

Decided I'm gonna PIF my Lost Vape GRUS. I think I have used it twice and it's just not for me.

That's was it for my vape related stuff today

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Finally pulled the trigger on the Lost Vape URSA Quest and grabbed some extra coils as the place didn't have the RBA yet. I can get that later. Probably won't see it till after the CNY but that's okay. Browsed a few other China sites for some drip tips and grabbed like 10. Random colors of course but hopefully a few will be to my liking and I do like the style of them, so there's that.

Decided I'm gonna PIF my Lost Vape GRUS. I think I have used it twice and it's just not for me.

That's was it for my vape related stuff today
FWIW, there is work being done on Lsot Vape mods being able to use Artic Fox firmware now, if that'd make a difference. :)
I think the Grus and the Ursa have been tested, or at least being worked on.

It's a rather handsome mod, what do you dislike about it?

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Almost had vapemail. Fuckin usps. Checked tracking, was expecting a mod in today but never showed. Get a message in the evening well after mail delivers saying 'could not access delivery location' and marked as a failed delivery. My ass. I think it's become their new go-to b.s. and have a feeling they're only running mail around 3 days a week in my area. This is the 2nd or 3rd time in the past week this has happened.

Checking local social media seems it's happening to others as well. Along with the postal drop boxes not being picked up for days, multiple residents complaining about the drop boxes being so full they can't even stuff a letter in there. Sometimes you call and there's no answer. People have gone down the post office in the middle of the day during work hours to find the doors locked and nobody home. What a crock.

Seems usps is waiting for the 4px handoff of my aromamizer still. Makes me feel so warm and fuzzy knowing usps is about to get hold of it.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Sometime in the last 72 hours I cleaned up the longest used Athena mod. Pulled out the contact/fire bar and roughed it clean w/ scotch brite type pad. Cleaned the contact point in the box. Cleaned up the battery sled w/ out taking it out.

Got two other Athena mods. One still in wrap. The other other I've only been piddling with briefly. It doesn't need cleaned yet.

Need to set aside time to clean some other gear. Will do eventually. Also need to do some fresh builds. Figure that will all come at once.

Of course, I also vaped. :)

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Built my second Culverin RDA and put it to use on the Brizo with some Cherry Lemonade from Tony's Eliquids (bought from Vapeology.eu). I'm gonna have to come up with a recipe for Cherry Lemonade. It's good. Seems like it would be super-simple to make.

Put a Kali with a copper cap on my copper Nashed Admiral clone. Need to rebuild the Kali - I think I've not done it justice by putting wimpy coils in it. Will probably do that today, maybe at lunchtime.

Still I'm very fond of the black Nashed Admiral clone with a Profile RDA on it. Just may be the best vape I have. Sure doesn't take much oomph to run mesh coils at about 0.18 ohms.

VU Sponsors