Become a Patron!

What did you do today that is vape related?

FlavorOverClouds

Member For 1 Year
Wire talk:

I found a really good single coil for a single battery , direct output/mech type situation. I tried a 4 wrap, N80 5x30/38(+38) SFC a few days ago. It kicked out some awesome flavor but it's not that impressive for cloud production. It was right at .2Ω.

I kind of knew I wanted to go with bigger wire. My last wire of my spin session was a N80, 4x28/38(+38) SFC. I got my 4 little spaced clapton wires ready to fuse them all together. One of them had wider spaces. I knew it wouldn't look pretty unless I replaced it or got rid of it. I said F it and just used it. I'm using one of the uglies right now. It hits hard and makes more vapor than the 5x30. I wrapped it 4 times. It was at .15 but after setting it up its at .2Ω. The flavor is wow'ing me. I'll make a cleaner one soon.
I really enjoy SFC coils for flavor. I’ve been making a ton of them lately. Lots of folks like them on the social medias. 2 core mostly, have built a couple of tricores. I finally got the feel for regular tricores. A few of my buddies want to try them. It’s been a good weekend.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
This is kind of vape related. I was building a Profile RDA last week and lost the small screw that holds one of the clamps.
Looked all over in the carpet with no luck. No biggie i have more Profiles but it sucked that i had one not usable.
Just got out of the shower a little while ago and something stuck to my heel. My Profile screw!
Life is good now

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
This is kind of vape related. I was building a Profile RDA last week and lost the small screw that holds one of the clamps.
Looked all over in the carpet with no luck. No biggie i have more Profiles but it sucked that i had one not usable.
Just got out of the shower a little while ago and something stuck to my heel. My Profile screw!
Life is good now

This is not vape related but sort of related to your post.

I have a cigar box full of bottles of prescription meds that I take every morning and evening, plus supplements and analgesics.

One specific capsule and one tiny pill just will not stay in my hands reliably. But your method is how I end up finding them, because they blend right into the carpet. I find them with my feet. That ends up being a morning or an evening I have to do without my IBS med and my beta blocker!

Unfortunately, the other thing I find with my feet IS vaping related. Little 1/2" pieces of 26 ga SS wire that scooted away when I stood up after building an RDA - sometimes I lose them in the folds of my clothes, and then there they lurk, in the carpet, just waiting for me to step on them.

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Bought my last Mech mod before the ban ;)

1615236109715.png

But the C110 Copper Version with the Black Delrin middle... Ernesto is also going to engrave the button for me...

Bestia Mods Furia 18650/21700

So with that (Laugh it up) I am done buying mods ;)

The mail ban will keep me from taking the chance buying in the future.

So from here on out... Vape Mail for this guy will be, Flavoring/VG/PG from BCF and Cotton from Amazon... really good on wire for a few years too

brandon david

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Received the last of my stocking up supplies outside of an rda here and there when I spot a deal. :)
79549bee184b678f5b69c546cd508526.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ugghhh. I read the saddest email just a bit ago. So depressing. Then I get here and see petitions and I know you guys are still fighting that fight. Bless you all. I am definitely saddened that some people may never get the chance to try to stop smoking. The ups & FedEx petition I passed on to a group of people on reddit as well.
And yall know MrMeowgi signed that mofo. So did my wife and ex wife. Getting a few others as well. If it can be passed Along to reddit (moderator approval) damn mods. :teehee:. Ha ha yall know I luv ya. Been a minute but wanted to appear and say

BOO.
Oh and Shooowee. Vapes up smokes down.

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
Ugghhh. I read the saddest email just a bit ago. So depressing. Then I get here and see petitions and I know you guys are still fighting that fight. Bless you all. I am definitely saddened that some people may never get the chance to try to stop smoking. The ups & FedEx petition I passed on to a group of people on reddit as well.
And yall know MrMeowgi signed that mofo. So did my wife and ex wife. Getting a few others as well. If it can be passed Along to reddit (moderator approval) damn mods. :teehee:. Ha ha yall know I luv ya. Been a minute but wanted to appear and say

BOO.
Good to hear from you catman!
Hope you're doing well.

Sent from a Galaxy far far away

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

BOO.
Great to see ya man....lots of sad going on. :(

BTW, for a bit of happier...I did a resto job on that patinated mod/atty: https://vapingunderground.com/threads/a-little-restoration-on-an-old-gem.626025/

It is being vaped daily again...and I love it. :D

FlavorOverClouds

Member For 1 Year

BOO.
Thanks for your support. I know that if I ever quit vaping, I would still be part of the vaping community to help folks quit smoking. Glad to see you here, sorry it's under the circumstances.

I am loving the RDAs you sent me. That ReloadX has become my daily driver.

I only want it to taste amazing. Is that too much to ask?

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for your support. I know that if I ever quit vaping, I would still be part of the vaping community to help folks quit smoking. Glad to see you here, sorry it's under the circumstances.

I am loving the RDAs you sent me. That ReloadX has become my daily driver.

I'm really glad you're enjoying them. And just remember there could always be someone in need. Helping others always makes me feel better than vapemail. Well except the times I got Billet boxes and a Dani mini. Those were really happy times. Ha ha. Hope all is well

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

FlavorOverClouds

Member For 1 Year
I'm really glad you're enjoying them. And just remember there could always be someone in need. Helping others always makes me feel better than vapemail. Well except the times I got Billet boxes and a Dani mini. Those were really happy times. Ha ha. Hope all is well

Everything is good. I have found some fans of my coils and am spinning like a madman these days. I give away coils all the time (price of postage and extras with every order), and am PIF'ing someone in my town my pod system and unused pods and some tobacco and fruit ejuice to help them quit smoking cigarettes. It's a great feeling.

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Everything is good. I have found some fans of my coils and am spinning like a madman these days. I give away coils all the time (price of postage and extras with every order), and am PIF'ing someone in my town my pod system and unused pods and some tobacco and fruit ejuice to help them quit smoking cigarettes. It's a great feeling.

That's awesome. And it's definitely a great feeling. I've always said its only money. I'm sure I can make more. I'm in a position to and someone else may not be.
I was able to help a Veteran today. Made me so sad to see him like that. Disheartening for sure. Reminded me of my dad when I was a kid. Red beard and all. Was at work and parked the truck and sat for a bit with him. Was like I made his whole month. Said "no sir helping you has made my whole month". They deserve so much more. I'd love to be able to buy all these abandoned houses and set them up for the homeless veterans. Stock market is only doing so much though. Maybe one day. Wife said that why she loves me. I swear it was because I made her laugh all the time at my little... Jokes yall jokes.. Lol

FlavorOverClouds

Member For 1 Year
It is a great feeling and I know what you mean about helping those less fortunate. I do what I can but haven't worked since before the pandemic. Life has been crazy, but my wife loves me, my son loves me and we are doing okay. Better than some, but not others. If the whole world was full of people like you, it would be a much better place.
Spun these up for a friend who also builds coils, but hasn't tried making SFCs yet.
a9eaad0a7db011887235da71e3e6eeb9.jpg

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is a great feeling and I know what you mean about helping those less fortunate. I do what I can but haven't worked since before the pandemic. Life has been crazy, but my wife loves me, my son loves me and we are doing okay. Better than some, but not others. If the whole world was full of people like you, it would be a much better place.
Spun these up for a friend who also builds coils, but hasn't tried making SFCs yet.
a9eaad0a7db011887235da71e3e6eeb9.jpg

Great looking coils man. Dang you must be spending a lot I didn't do those for at least a year after I started vaping. Awesome
And thanks for the Compliment. Really nice of you to say. I wasn't always a great guy. But we all live the best we can. Take care

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Finally got into gear and washed and sterilised these for my mixing. I find I get about 3 mix sessions out of each before the plungers dont work properly.
Took me 4 weeks to get around to it :giggle:
20210312_210301(1).jpg
Hopefully wont be another 4 to get around to cleaning some bottles and mixing.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
After trying them, I can understand why people go through the trouble to do them. I think know all the little nooks and crannies are beneficial somehow compulsory for flavor output. It's just a bit totally different.
Fixed. :p

Cosmic

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@Smigo I found the same thing with syringes, I found that washing/soaking them in dish soap or what have you seemed to strip off a lubricating layer to the rubber, making them very difficult to use after a few washes. I tried just running them under very hot tap water until I felt they were clean and odor free really extended the life of the rubber and I get many more sessions from them. Course, they aren't sterilized like you are doing, but they seem clean enough for reuse after air drying for me

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I keep seeing pictures of stacked mech mods. Makes me feel like I'm missing out. I ordered two for my Keen mechs for cheap at Health Cabin.. That got me thinking about series decks. I knew EVCigs has 15% off right now [Edit](Code: STOCKUP15) so I went to see if they have series decks.

They have Asgard Mini series decks so I put one in the cart. I looked at what colors were left of the Asgard Mini RDAs. I've seen polished stainless steel there before but I didn't want that one. Today I saw brushed stainless which wasn't there before or I never noticed it. The number of those in stock: 1. One left doesn't even give me time to think 😆. I ended up ordering that too. I love the way that one looks vs polished. Others might be the opposite of me, but I might have got the one I've wanted for a while. We'll see if they send it.

I also wanted black Coilturds for vaping top cloud caps. They have a bunch of different colors but I just want to make it black sometimes instead of the two toned stainless.

Last thing, I remember the Axial Pro comes with a series deck. Did I wait to long to order one? I was wondering if you guys knew of a place that had them stateside. I think I might have to try get it from the UK.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Was hunting around for vape deals from smaller shops that may be closing their online presence. When I came across this, what was listed for a local (semi local, located in the closest metro area) shop. They have 11 locations and this is what their site offers for 'vape kits'. Check the gear and prices. Hence my stance on 'fuck local shops' and they fact they're ripoff artists who deserve to go tits up.

stlvapor1.jpg

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
@Smigo I found the same thing with syringes, I found that washing/soaking them in dish soap or what have you seemed to strip off a lubricating layer to the rubber, making them very difficult to use after a few washes. I tried just running them under very hot tap water until I felt they were clean and odor free really extended the life of the rubber and I get many more sessions from them. Course, they aren't sterilized like you are doing, but they seem clean enough for reuse after air drying for me
Hi Cosmic. I'll give the not wash in washing liquid the plungers thing a go next time.
My version of sterilising is to finish off with a rinse out of each with a squirt and shake of iso alcohol. The tubes get that, the plungers get a rinse in distilled water.
Our town water is a shocker, my last dog refused to drink it, we refuse to drink it and it leaves a white spotty residue on anything you wash with it glass wise. I wont even wash my car with it and use tank water.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Was hunting around for vape deals from smaller shops that may be closing their online presence. When I came across this, what was listed for a local (semi local, located in the closest metro area) shop. They have 11 locations and this is what their site offers for 'vape kits'. Check the gear and prices. Hence my stance on 'fuck local shops' and they fact they're ripoff artists who deserve to go tits up.

View attachment 179381
I saw a guy in St Louis last week while parked at a truck stop. He was using an Aegis Max and a Smok tank. Looked like one of the Prince tanks. He said liked it and got it for a steal at his local vape shop. Only $132. I about shit myself.
I told him he should get his shit online for much cheaper. He didn't know you could buy gear online. Also doesn't know he'll be up shits creek pretty soon getting anything. He said he never heard of it.
Oh well

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I saw a guy in St Louis last week while parked at a truck stop. He was using an Aegis Max and a Smok tank. Looked like one of the Prince tanks. He said liked it and got it for a steal at his local vape shop. Only $132. I about shit myself.
I told him he should get his shit online for much cheaper. He didn't know you could buy gear online. Also doesn't know he'll be up shits creek pretty soon getting anything. He said he never heard of it.
Oh well
Yea similar shit with the neighbor's son (18 or 19 at the time) couple years back. Saying he got the smok hpriv for around 115-120 from the local headshop up the road. Thought he was shitting me because they were going for 30-40 online. Guess a non issue since the headshop along with the little gas station got leveled to make room for a dollar store. I just can't be assed really, that's nuts.

Not sure if it showed or not but that's where that shop's at I posted the prices from, stlvapor. And to make matters worse this state's got the lowest taxes on cigs than all 49 others. And while some states don't deal with generic cigs so much (like california, none that I could find) this one does. So if you're not invested in a name brand, using my old offbrand as an example. $24 a carton. So based on the fact the wages are typically lower in this state which is more likely people will turn to?

Freyja

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Check the gear and prices. Hence my stance on 'fuck local shops' and they fact they're ripoff artists who deserve to go tits up.
I told him he should get his shit online for much cheaper. He didn't know you could buy gear online.
No argument as far as prices go, of course (one shop near me is selling a kit for $90 that I got online for $17) but there are advantages to B&M stores. For example...

I got an Aspire CF Mod for a great price & like it a lot. Only days ago, I saw a CF Maxx online for just $19. It's one of Aspires built-in battery versions of the mod (basically, it IS a battery). Discontinued but still around, going for $50-$70 elsewhere. Felt it would be a good backup at a great price, except the vendor didn't have the charger for it -- it requires a special charger that goes into the 510 connector. Found one for $5 elsewhere online. Great: $24!

CF came, then the charger... and it's the wrong charger. The website said it was for the CF Maxx, the vendor's sticker on the box says it's for the CF Maxx... it's not for the CF Maxx. Wrong connector; it's for other CF built-in battery models. It would cost more to return it than I paid. So now I've ordered another from a different vendor. The picture shows the right connector & I put a note on the order for them to please make sure it's the right one. Also $5 but this site charges $4 to ship it. So $33 total -- if the charger arrives, is the right one, and is in working order. Not such a bargain anymore.

That's sort of thing wouldn't likely happen at a local store and, if it did, it could be rectified easily. So shopping local has it's plus side.

Then again, $33 is still less than the $90 a B&M would probably be charging. So there's that, but there's a price to be paid for hands-on shopping, immediate assistance, simple returns, and peace of mind. Just saying.

Pastorfuzz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
No argument as far as prices go, of course (one shop near me is selling a kit for $90 that I got online for $17) but there are advantages to B&M stores. For example...

I got an Aspire CF Mod for a great price & like it a lot. Only days ago, I saw a CF Maxx online for just $19. It's one of Aspires built-in battery versions of the mod (basically, it IS a battery). Discontinued but still around, going for $50-$70 elsewhere. Felt it would be a good backup at a great price, except the vendor didn't have the charger for it -- it requires a special charger that goes into the 510 connector. Found one for $5 elsewhere online. Great: $24!

CF came, then the charger... and it's the wrong charger. The website said it was for the CF Maxx, the vendor's sticker on the box says it's for the CF Maxx... it's not for the CF Maxx. Wrong connector; it's for other CF built-in battery models. It would cost more to return it than I paid. So now I've ordered another from a different vendor. The picture shows the right connector & I put a note on the order for them to please make sure it's the right one. Also $5 but this site charges $4 to ship it. So $33 total -- if the charger arrives, is the right one, and is in working order. Not such a bargain anymore.

That's sort of thing wouldn't likely happen at a local store and, if it did, it could be rectified easily. So shopping local has it's plus side.

Then again, $33 is still less than the $90 a B&M would probably be charging. So there's that, but there's a price to be paid for hands-on shopping, immediate assistance, simple returns, and peace of mind. Just saying.
I've been lucky i never had a problem shopping online for gear. Everything worked and still works flawless to this day.
The only time i've ever been to a B&M was to grab some juice because i forgot to bring extra with me on a trip.
Both places i went to made some great house juice so i am thankful for that.
On the other hand, talking to them about gear, both places didn't have a clue.
I'm not an expert but what i heard the advice they were giving other customers, i was shocked.
I wanted to speak up, but didn't. They were still mixing my juice after all.
I am very fortunate to have found this site back in 2016. Lot's of helpful folks here.
Without them and doing my own research, i would be at the mercy of some of the idiots working the B&M shops.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Online still works easier for me in my situation. In addition to those prices I posted, to get to any of their vape shops 'local' means a 50-60mi drive. Drove that daily to work when I worked in the city, in low traffic not fighting rush hour with a good tail wind (and not speeding, I have actually made the trip in less), it's around an hour and ten minutes. Each way. Plus gas. The time spent at the shop, an easy 30-60min. I realize this isn't everyone's situation but it's what I'd face. Half a day shot and screwing around to get dry fucked at the register.

If vaping internal battery mods that take proprietary chargers, that sounds more like something a vape shop would cater to. I only use external batteries and only use rebuildables. And make my own juice. So a vape shop has little to interest me with the current pod trends. I have had wrong items show up but that's mostly been juice. One atomizer was the incorrect one in 5yrs of buying online and eciggity was great about it. I offered to ship back to Hawaii, they said naw, keep it. Our fuck up. And immediately shipped the correct one. Everything else hardware related has been on point and arrived in good condition, most of it out of various China sellers.

Now juice? Yea, have had constant recurring issues with that. Have had issues with getting the wrong flavorings, been shipped orders missing items (that they corrected). Ready made juice, I've gotten wrong flavors, extremely out of the ordinary dark juice or cloudy juice that tasted off, one order was multiple bottles of the same flavor. Most of the bottles were full, a couple were 2/3 full. That was odd. Just placed an order before the vape mail bans from a place, ordered several bottles of strawberry cream. Ended up with 1200ml of orange/champagne mimosa. Along with the wrong packing slip.

A friend of mine couple years back sent me some juice from an online vendor they found on the shelves of a local vape shop because they didn't care for it. It was some old ass juice, the company had since changed their label. The juice (I was familiar with) was way darker than it should've been. Another downside to vape shops that improperly keep juice either on the shelf too long or where the sun can beat down on it. And to make it worse, they charged her way more than it cost straight from the company.

Some people have decent shops, it's not fair to lump them all the same. Some have decent-ish prices, helpful employees etc. But for all the good ones there's some real clueless shit ones too. We're not all blessed with great brick and mortars. At least in my area what I've noticed is most 'vape' shops are nothing more than headshops just looking to cram something else on their shelves. Oh vaping's the new rage? Yea put some of that shit out there so long as people are smoking it. And know little else.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To try and keep on topic (lol, hey I do try), mostly a boring day vape wise. Cleaned my aromamizer, fresh wicks, mixed up 360ml of juice. More than I tried previously in my milk frother, I'd only done 240ml in it. Didn't get as big of a vortex going so while there was more space yet (maybe enough to do 450-500ml) not sure if it was struggling some with 80%vg. Even with a smaller vortex it did great mixing it up thoroughly. Only took a couple heated cycles and 4-5 'cool' cycles, maybe 10min or so total. Definitely saves on the elbows shaking the bottles by hand and now I'm good for about 3 weeks or so.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yesterday evening I cleaned the contact bar on one of the Athenas, the one having been used most. Figure later today I will likely check/clean the other one.

Not been using much else to need cleaning. Though I probably will gradually cycle through and clean most if not all mods.

I also refilled the bottles in the Athena mods. Of course, I vaped as that's what you do. :)

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Trying to think of any last minute rdas that I might regret not getting before the ban........
Same here. I might order a 30mm Asgard just because I've never used a 30mm atomizer. It's probably not a good representation of typical 30mm RDAs though. I'd think the ultem insert would make it vape like a 25mm RDA. I dunno though maybe not. I've never been attracted to big atomizers.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, I polished my mechs on a buffing wheel and then took inventory of all the DIY equipment and flavors I have and realized that I’ve got Hobby, or a serious mental issue, or both. 177 separate flavors. Even have Jalapeño Pepper:bingo:

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Well, I polished my mechs on a buffing wheel and then took inventory of all the DIY equipment and flavors I have and realized that I’ve got Hobby, or a serious mental issue, or both. 177 separate flavors. Even have Jalapeño Pepper:bingo:
For some reason I read that with the voice of Dr Spock in my head! 🤔

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I found out that what's left of AVS wire is now 90% off with code:90OFF. I bought what would've been $320 worth of wire for 34 bucks or whatever. I thought I already had enough. Now I know I will... for SS anyways.

"11"

Silver Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I worried about my orders at FT - especially the one with the ETA of Apr 1. Does that count? :drunk:

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It came time to put away the Sirius mod, and get out the Aegis Legend. I got tired of the ohms reading changing radically, battery indicator changing radically... just like before the last time I took the top cover off and cleaned it.
While I was at it, I rebuilt a couple decks on some RDTAs I use a lot. I wanted to make absolutely sure I got the full flavor of my blackberry custard juice.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I found out that what's left of AVS wire is now 90% off with code:90OFF. I bought what would've been $320 worth of wire for 34 bucks or whatever. I thought I already had enough. Now I know I will... for SS anyways.
I just did the same. Spotted someone mentioned the new sale on reddit. Not a whole lot left and some stock has been fluctuating coming back and going away. Still nothing for core wire but I can get that later when I need it. Grabbed 300ft of 30ga because I don't use it often outside of rare uses for twisted cores on smaller coils. 6000ft of 38ga since I use that quite a bit. 3000ft of 36ga. And 1000ft of .5 x .1 ss ribbon. $33 shipped.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I just did the same. Spotted someone mentioned the new sale on reddit. Not a whole lot left and some stock has been fluctuating coming back and going away. Still nothing for core wire but I can get that later when I need it. Grabbed 300ft of 30ga because I don't use it often outside of rare uses for twisted cores on smaller coils. 6000ft of 38ga since I use that quite a bit. 3000ft of 36ga. And 1000ft of .5 x .1 ss ribbon. $33 shipped.
Nice. I have 5,000 feet of 38ga already but got 6,000 more lol. It's by far the gauge I go through the fastest. I like to have insurance wire.

The most 30ga I've ever used is for a guy who likes N80 5x30/38 or +38ga however you type out staggered fused claptons. He was paying $22 for a set but I've helped him get more for his money. They look like this:

sW8cmET.jpeg

A set is .12Ω dual coil (N80) so for SS I'd probably have to drop a core to keep resistance up. It's mind blowing how many ways to make some coils register at certain reading. I suck at targeting resistance for mechs. Another guy wants "Series coils" that read over .4Ω. I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to those. Thinner wires and lots of wraps Im guessing.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors