Become a Patron!

What did you do today that is vape related?

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice. I have 5,000 feet of 38ga already but got 6,000 more lol. It's by far the gauge I go through the fastest. I like to have insurance wire lol.

The most 30ga I've ever used is for a guy who likes N80 5x30/38 or +38ga however you type out staggered fused claptons. He was paying $22 for a set but I've helped him get more for his money. They look like this:

sW8cmET.jpeg

A set is .12Ω dual coil (N80) so for SS I'd probably have to drop a core to keep resistance up. It's mind blowing how many ways to make some coils register at certain reading. I suck at targeting resistance for mechs. Another guy wants "Series coils" that read over .4Ω. I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to those. Thinner wires and lots of wraps Im guessing.
Well I'd like to get better at aliens and get some successful mohawks. So far my mohawk attempts have resulted in a lot of 'shits' and 'fucks' and knotted wire so.. This way I won't cry so much when it goes all wrong. lol. Think I'll have to stick to the prestretch method, tried stretching alien wrap as I go just holding the decore and I'm just not that clever or nimble to keep it nice and even.

Those look nice. Haven't wrapped anything for anyone else myself. Series coils not sure how they define them, if they're looking for each coil to be .4 for a .8 build or for the build to come out at .4+ which would be .2 or .25 coils (series doubles resistance). Another reason I like my regulated mods, not having to get it so precise as far as adding or removing a wrap or adjusting gauge by 1 step.

Stainless are a bitch for multicore and higher ohms which is why most stick to n80 or go kanthal. I don't care for the flavor of kanthal but it's really the only option unless going to 32ga cores or something. By then you're into micro coils for mtl. I've got a couple 4 core fused claptons at like 2.5mm id and 5 or 6 wraps in the aromamizer v3 right now. Went to 4x30ga cores and 40ga wrap I think, comes out at .15.

FlavorOverClouds

Member For 1 Year
Packaged up 13 pairs of coils for shipping in the morning. One person ordered 10 sets. Actually, 8 sets and I'm giving him a couple of sets for free. Tired, but the good kind of tired. And placed my biggest wire order yet - 12 spools. Going to start working on microclaptons with 3×32g cores using 40g fuse.

I only want it to taste amazing. Is that too much to ask?

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Will be curious to see what I actually end up with. Placed that order with AVS last Wed, they waited until yesterday evening to email. I get a heads up that not everything I ordered is available, would I like them to substitute with the next closest thing?

So contact customer service through live chat. Give them the order # and all and asked what things weren't available and when they say 'next closest thing' as a substitution, what exactly would that be? Trying to clear up the vagueness. They said they weren't sure, but they were sure that packing had my order ready to go and substitutions ready to box up to hurry and get it out to me. Fantastic, so if they have the replacement items all picked out already, surely they can tell me what those are. I asked again if they could let me know 'what' they plan on sending and in lieu of what.

Again customer service wouldn't tell me. Just that they had substitutions ready to go. Well what are we looking at, you don't have the full order as placed. Ok, shit happens. But out of 14 spools of wire, were they just shy 1 or 2 spools? 12, all 14? What mystery meat am I looking to get? Didn't feel this was a big ask.

The guy tells me well you know, it'll be the next closest thing based on what you ordered, either spools of premade coil wire or ready made coils. Well that's an issue, because I ordered all plain wire. How do they know what I intend to wrap with it and what's 'close'? And I definitely didn't order premade coils, if I wanted China coils I'd have ordered from China. Explained premade coils were no good, and what's 'close'? Were they planning to swap a missing spool of 38ga with 40ga? Or was the next closest 32ga? As wrap wire, 32ga is garbage imo and useless. I get it was a sale, I get it was crunchtime and they were in a hurry. But it was a sale, not a mystery grab bag like just send me $30 of random shit. And if it was replacements in terms of ready made coils vs spools of wire, I'd imagine based on sticker price well 5 or 6 coils run about the same as a 1000ft spool that'll make 60 coils. Not really a tradeoff.

After I sent the last message, asking to please check, waited over an hour and 15min. No response. The message to CS said 'viewed' so I know they saw it. Messaged again asking if someone was going to get back to me or if they were closed for the day? Was after 8pm cst by then, they're in Colorado so after 7p there. Message just said 'sent', no one viewed it.

Finally sent another message and said look just send me what you have and whatever you don't have, refund me for the missing items. Suddenly they message back 'oh ok we can do that'. Oh, you ARE home. JFC. I don't get the rush to try and get me to agree to whatever the hell they felt like sending me. Wasn't trying to get an entire order of random garbage they're trying to clear off the shelves that's worthless to me and spend any money on it. They told me the replacements had already been selected, so it should've been simple to tell me WHAT they planned to sub and for what and what items out of my cart they were out of.

In the end glad to see that having never used AVS before until the past week or two during their closing sale, I wasn't missing a damn thing. Them going out of the vape industry in terms of nic vapers, did the community a solid. Sticking with their e-bongs seems about the right speed for them. I mean shit, even Denny's is on top of it. If you order a breakfast with a side of toast and they're out, they tell you. Hey so we're out of toast, would you care for an english muffin instead? Then the customer can make an informed decision. Not just 'we're out of some shit'. What shit? You know.. shit. You might get breakfast, you might get a knitted sweater.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Went to double check twisted messes site, to see if anything else had gone on sale. Thinking they closed it due to restrictions, only items now are apparel. Yesterday there were like 8 pages of products. Apparently I got stuff just in time.

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I’ve just mixed a ton of juice for myself and for a VU friend and a bunch of WF SFTs. Also did some RDA maintenance. And some bottle washing, including squonk bottles with old juice that I can’t remember what it is. Lol.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Will be curious to see what I actually end up with. Placed that order with AVS last Wed, they waited until yesterday evening to email. I get a heads up that not everything I ordered is available, would I like them to substitute with the next closest thing?

So contact customer service through live chat. Give them the order # and all and asked what things weren't available and when they say 'next closest thing' as a substitution, what exactly would that be? Trying to clear up the vagueness. They said they weren't sure, but they were sure that packing had my order ready to go and substitutions ready to box up to hurry and get it out to me. Fantastic, so if they have the replacement items all picked out already, surely they can tell me what those are. I asked again if they could let me know 'what' they plan on sending and in lieu of what.

Again customer service wouldn't tell me. Just that they had substitutions ready to go. Well what are we looking at, you don't have the full order as placed. Ok, shit happens. But out of 14 spools of wire, were they just shy 1 or 2 spools? 12, all 14? What mystery meat am I looking to get? Didn't feel this was a big ask.

The guy tells me well you know, it'll be the next closest thing based on what you ordered, either spools of premade coil wire or ready made coils. Well that's an issue, because I ordered all plain wire. How do they know what I intend to wrap with it and what's 'close'? And I definitely didn't order premade coils, if I wanted China coils I'd have ordered from China. Explained premade coils were no good, and what's 'close'? Were they planning to swap a missing spool of 38ga with 40ga? Or was the next closest 32ga? As wrap wire, 32ga is garbage imo and useless. I get it was a sale, I get it was crunchtime and they were in a hurry. But it was a sale, not a mystery grab bag like just send me $30 of random shit. And if it was replacements in terms of ready made coils vs spools of wire, I'd imagine based on sticker price well 5 or 6 coils run about the same as a 1000ft spool that'll make 60 coils. Not really a tradeoff.

After I sent the last message, asking to please check, waited over an hour and 15min. No response. The message to CS said 'viewed' so I know they saw it. Messaged again asking if someone was going to get back to me or if they were closed for the day? Was after 8pm cst by then, they're in Colorado so after 7p there. Message just said 'sent', no one viewed it.

Finally sent another message and said look just send me what you have and whatever you don't have, refund me for the missing items. Suddenly they message back 'oh ok we can do that'. Oh, you ARE home. JFC. I don't get the rush to try and get me to agree to whatever the hell they felt like sending me. Wasn't trying to get an entire order of random garbage they're trying to clear off the shelves that's worthless to me and spend any money on it. They told me the replacements had already been selected, so it should've been simple to tell me WHAT they planned to sub and for what and what items out of my cart they were out of.

In the end glad to see that having never used AVS before until the past week or two during their closing sale, I wasn't missing a damn thing. Them going out of the vape industry in terms of nic vapers, did the community a solid. Sticking with their e-bongs seems about the right speed for them. I mean shit, even Denny's is on top of it. If you order a breakfast with a side of toast and they're out, they tell you. Hey so we're out of toast, would you care for an english muffin instead? Then the customer can make an informed decision. Not just 'we're out of some shit'. What shit? You know.. shit. You might get breakfast, you might get a knitted sweater.
We need a "What the!?" Emoji
images (53).jpeg

Freyja

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
*sigh*
Received & opened what will probably be my last piece of vape mail.

It was a brief ride -- just one year. Too expensive, buying for now & for years from now. Sometimes frustrating, mostly fun. Now it's over. Some vendors are still shipping but I'm stocked up. There are things I want, things I could use, things that might come in handy someday, yet nothing that I need now or foresee definitely needing and so nothing worth inflated prices or shipping costs.

Gonna miss the thrills. But not the bills. One positive in a sea of negatives, I guess.
Time to vape on...

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mentioned in the vape mail thread, but said I'd update on what AVS got out the door. 300ft of 30ga stainless, 2x 500ft spools of stainless ribbon. The 3000ft of 36ga stainless and 6000ft of 38ga stainless, nope. None of those, and those were the primary purpose of the order. So got the order in the mail yesterday. Had already told AVS to go ahead, ship what they had and refund me for whatever they're oos on. Halfassed order arrived, no refund. Emailed them asking about the refund for the majority of the order - crickets so far.

Granted the order was placed Fri evening, likely shipped out Sat or Mon. They knew what they were missing from the order. Not like having to wait on mail for the refund. So nothing Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, now Thurs. Seems like a refund shouldn't take longer than shipping the actual product. It's only $23 but that's not the point. And honestly $23 isn't 0, I could easily use that for other shit I need. I wasn't donating to charity. Will give them til end of the week and if no word back, will see about reversing charges on the entire order.

In short, fuck 'em. AVS is a piece of shit company, can't really say it any nicer than that. They knew damn well they had pretty much none of my order which is why the sneaky cunts kept giving me the run around and wouldn't confirm a basic question like 'how much of my order do you have ready to go, what exactly of the order are you out of?' Nut up and tell me 'hey sorry, we're out of most of your shit'. Don't be a little fuckin pantywaste about it.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Mentioned in the vape mail thread, but said I'd update on what AVS got out the door. 300ft of 30ga stainless, 2x 500ft spools of stainless ribbon. The 3000ft of 36ga stainless and 6000ft of 38ga stainless, nope. None of those, and those were the primary purpose of the order. So got the order in the mail yesterday. Had already told AVS to go ahead, ship what they had and refund me for whatever they're oos on. Halfassed order arrived, no refund. Emailed them asking about the refund for the majority of the order - crickets so far.

Granted the order was placed Fri evening, likely shipped out Sat or Mon. They knew what they were missing from the order. Not like having to wait on mail for the refund. So nothing Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, now Thurs. Seems like a refund shouldn't take longer than shipping the actual product. It's only $23 but that's not the point. And honestly $23 isn't 0, I could easily use that for other shit I need. I wasn't donating to charity. Will give them til end of the week and if no word back, will see about reversing charges on the entire order.

In short, fuck 'em. AVS is a piece of shit company, can't really say it any nicer than that. They knew damn well they had pretty much none of my order which is why the sneaky cunts kept giving me the run around and wouldn't confirm a basic question like 'how much of my order do you have ready to go, what exactly of the order are you out of?' Nut up and tell me 'hey sorry, we're out of most of your shit'. Don't be a little fuckin pantywaste about it.

This isn't gonna make you feel any better - but you probably already know it - but what they were doing was trying to get you to agree to let them ship you a bunch of shit that they had trouble selling. Stuff that NOBODY wanted, like some damn old-ass 22 gauge titanium or some shit.

I'd be furious about that whole thing, just like it sounds like you are.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This isn't gonna make you feel any better - but you probably already know it - but what they were doing was trying to get you to agree to let them ship you a bunch of shit that they had trouble selling. Stuff that NOBODY wanted, like some damn old-ass 22 gauge titanium or some shit.

I'd be furious about that whole thing, just like it sounds like you are.
Exactly. Wrote them again since they ignored the email yesterday, they said they'd get right on the refund. Time will tell, no notice from pp yet. Just looking for it to be resolved. I don't doubt that's what it was, they had tons of crap they couldn't move and pawning it off as a 'substitution' would allow them to get something for it. Either way have it documented including the packing slip where only a small portion of the order was 'checked' off and the remainder wasn't. So filing a claim shouldn't be difficult, just rather not have to.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
On some better news, got the iconic cleaned up I got for like $5 or 10 on sale. Got some aliens made up for it, came out decent so was happy about that.

View attachment 180165
View attachment 180166

I like the Iconic RDA, was surprised how much I like it, actually.

Speaking of RDAs, I just ordered a black Mjolnir from FT. We'll just have to see if it makes it through Customs to my house.

I only know of two places that still have the Mjolnir, and both those places are in China. FT is easier and safer to deal with, using gift certificates and paying with PP, so I decided to order from them. It's supposed to ship in 5 days.

Last edited:

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Today was our regular shopping out of town day. Since Flavor Shack screwed up on part of my last order and sent the wrong empty bottles (They sent child-proof bottles to pour from without dripping tips, and you cannot put dripping tips on them), we went to our favorite B&M vape store. This one (Mad Vapes in Abilene, TX) gave me 3 of the bottles I wanted without charge.

I was disappointed about the price hikes on their merchandise. A squonker I have been looking at went from $60 to $104 in just the past 2 weeks. They still don't have 810 drip tips going on a year now. Their shortage on Clapton coils was part of why I stocked up before the PACT law fucked that up.

Bonus feature: I can get around much of the PACT bullshit by having merchandise shipped to Mad Vapes, and I can go pick it up there.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Yesterday:
From Liion ordered 6 batts. $12.84 shipping pissed me off when others have 5-8$ shipping. But they were other only ones with both batt types in stock. 30Q's are going fast. Got the email they were in and went to ordered right away and there were only 4 left, which was fine since that's how many I wanted. Vapcell's G50 [wrap of Samsung 50G] are scarce too. Samsung branded 50G is only available in like 50+ quantity that I could find,,, and are unwrapped which is nothing but the 50+ is lol. They don't stock the charger.

Had to order the charger [Xtar X2 Extended Version] from Illumin, as they said 2 weeks for 30Q and unknown for G50. It easily fits 21700 since it also fits the longer protected 21700, and x2 = handy on desktop.

Charger was shipped same day and the shipping that cost over 2x as much for a smaller package
gets to sit there all weekend :wait:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Yesterday:
From Lion ordered 6 batts. $12.84 shipping pissed me off when others have 5-8$ shipping. But they were other only ones with both batt types in stock. 30Q's are going fast. Got the email they were in and went to ordered right away and there were only 4 left, which was fine since that's how many I wanted. Vapcell's G50 [wrap of Samsung 50G] is scarce too. Samsung branded 50G is only available in like 50+ quantity that I could fine,,, and are unwrapped which is nothing but the 50+ is lol. They don't stock the charger.

Had to order the charger [Xtar X2 Extended Version] from Illumin, as they said 2 weeks for 30Q and unknown for G50. It easily fits 21700 since it also fits the longer protected 21700, and x2 = handy on desktop.

Charger was shipped same day and the shipping that cost over 2x as much for a smaller package... ...gets to sit there all weekend :wait:

I'm glad I stocked up on batteries a while back.

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Got some "deal of the day" batts from 18650batterystore.

View attachment 180408

I like that they come with a neat zippered case for every pair you buy. :)

I got Moli's, 30Q, and Brownies for the big stuff, but these are fine for average use: http://www.tasteyourjuice.com/wordpress/archives/21406

These will be perfect for my 'meh' average builds...like 0.25-0.5 Ohm or so on regulated mods under 35W.
Yeah I got some Black Vapcell 25 amp 2800mah a couple of yrs ago and they last well. Misses has them in her Aegis X which gets charged and discharged every day.
No noticeable drop in use time yet.

What did I do Vape related. More like not do.
Went detecting yesterday, got to the spot and I'd forgotten to charge the batteries.
One vape then nothing. :gaah::tantrum:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I got some Black Vapcell 25 amp 2800mah a couple of yrs ago and they last well. Misses has them in her Aegis X which gets charged and discharged every day.
No noticeable drop in use time yet.

What did I do Vape related. More like not do.
Went detecting yesterday, got to the spot and I'd forgotten to charge the batteries.
One vape then nothing. :gaah::tantrum:
I almost did that the other day. I was trying to hurry out of the Apt to catch a bus and nearly forgot to check the battery in my out-and-about mod...it was at like 30%...yikes...:oops:

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon
I got a project in the mail today.
A Purge Mods Slam Piece Cobra.
I figured I would try to distress it and if it didn't come out nice I would send it in to be coated.
I'm keeping it just like it is.

Before
34d05070b5a86e1148b81c357526b651.jpg

ac59f5307a6d3447563bcc2b83e47ad9.jpg

Now
5ed88d76a2dd9dcb4f7e4e2ac285628a.jpg

a009b20d3fbdc68c9d56499a6b0286c2.jpg

2c6f28c369d7b00df0e7ff6e4aef64c3.jpg

60bcb7383310bc1bcc85c026e0072fdc.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far away

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I almost did that the other day. I was trying to hurry out of the Apt to catch a bus and nearly forgot to check the battery in my out-and-about mod...it was at like 30%...yikes...:oops:
It sucks when you dont realise doesn't it.
It could have been worse. I once drove an hour to go detecting at a place and when I got out I realised id left my boots at home. Was just in socks. :giggle:
I liked driving my manual without my shoes or boots as I found the pedals a bit too close together for my big feet.
Have an auto now so no problem.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I didn't see this post but they did the same to me. I posted about the sale all over the place after I got my order in. I should've just kept it to myself because I know someone who ordered after me probably got my rolls of 38ga. What I ordered on paper and what arrived, couldn't be any different. To be fair they did email me and I told them I only ordered for the 38ga but send whatever you got. It was 90% off so I figured can't complain.

The person who I emailed back to said they'd make a note of it. I luckily got some 40ga but they sent me a lot of stuff I don't use. 32ga and 34ga... Stuff too thin for cores and too thick for clapton wraps. Maybe some day I'll use those but for now they're in a tackle box.

I'm not too pissed because I loaded up shen it was 70%off. When it dropped to 90% off, I figured I had to order. If I knew there wasn't any 38ga left, I probably wouldn't have spent any money there. Maybe they pulled that shit on purpose, who knows. Hopefully you got your money back. They should've done that right away.

Last edited:

Syythe

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That's awesome!

Thanks! I've been experimenting with some things preparing to make a new star wars themed door for a star wars mod that I broke the door on a couple years ago, (I think you actually gave me the Squonk 'Merica door that I use for that mod currently, thanks again for that!) and was just testing out how this would go on a smaller scale. That button and the skull are 100% resin, and not painted. I am waiting on some dyes so that I can make the skull whatever color I want.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got some Samsung 30Ts from a place I've never ordered from and I think they might be fakes. I knew that getting fakes would be a possibility. This was just a test order.

Back in March of 2019 Mooch made a post about the 4 markings on the top of the cell "Radial makings on venting disk" or some such.

My question is, have they ever been changed since then? Or are we still using those markings to authenticate 30Ts? The ones I got look different and have no such markings. Any help would be appreciated. If Samsung started doing different tops I'd like to know about it.

I'll post a few pictures. They came as sets in tight boxes. Each battery had its own individual box inside the set box. There's a sticker over the actual stamping or marking on the battery.
H9rb3D0.jpg

Here's the top (no 4 corners markings):
UXTly8n.jpg

I set it next to an authentic 30T (on the right), that I bought 2 or 3 years ago.
9rpUD2I.jpg

Do I even bother testing performance?

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I got some Samsung 30Ts from a place I've never ordered from and I think they might be fakes. I knew that getting fakes would be a possibility. This was just a test order.

Back in March of 2019 Mooch made a post about the 4 markings on the top of the cell "Radial makings on venting disk" or some such.

My question is, have they ever been changed since then? Or are we still using those markings to authenticate 30Ts? The ones I got look different and have no such markings. Any help would be appreciated. If Samsung started doing different tops I'd like to know about it.

I'll post a few pictures. They came as sets in tight boxes. Each battery had its own individual box inside the set box. There's a sticker over the actual stamping or marking on the battery.
H9rb3D0.jpg

UXTly8n.jpg

I set it next to an authentic 30T (on the right), that I bought 2 or 3 years ago.
9rpUD2I.jpg

All the 30Ts I’ve owned (50+) have had the distinct marks and none of them have that crease line in the wrap like your first pic.

I’d peel the wrap, look at the case markings, but as it is, if they weren’t from IMR, LiionWholeSale, 18650batterystore... I just wouldn’t use them.

Sent from my iPhone 4(2+) using Tapatalk

gadget!

"The Trader"
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
VU Patreon

H9rb3D0.jpg

UXTly8n.jpg

9rpUD2I.jpg

One thing (besides performance) that I like about the 30t is that it's diameter is smaller than any other 21700 that I've found. I have several 20700 mods that the 30t will fit in.
The battery on the left looks bigger than the 30t on the right and you can clearly see it looks different.

I always take that sticker off of my batteries, I probably have over twenty 30t batteries and they all have the same marking on them.
3e842ba3b36ec925ab51e31bc3e0819a.jpg

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
One thing (besides performance) that I like about the 30t is that it's diameter is smaller than any other 21700 that I've found. I have several 20700 mods that the 30t will fit in.
The battery on the left looks bigger than the 30t on the right and you can clearly see it looks different.

I always take that sticker off of my batteries, I probably have over twenty 30t
Ok59QB1.jpg
batteries and they all have the same marking on them.
3e842ba3b36ec925ab51e31bc3e0819a.jpg

Sent from a Galaxy far far

I got most of mine a couple of years ago. These look different in a lot of places. I was wondering if it was possible that Samsung could've done the changes. It's more likely that they're fake though I'm guessing. The one on top is one of the new ones:
Ok59QB1.jpg

The printing isn't the same and the S's are totally different. I'm going to call the place tomorrow maybe after so more digging around. I bet they'll say they get them strait from Samsung or there's no way they could be fake.

I might make a post on Reddit to see if I can get confirmation from battery Mooch. He probably gets asked a lot though and I don't want to bother. I mainly wanted to know if the 4 radial lines are still on all 30Ts. I think battery manufacturers usually keep things pretty consistent. The one time I go somewhere other than IMR or Liion they sell me knock offs lol.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
In case anyone was wondering Mooch said, there's no way of telling from photos. He'd have to test them.. That's why it's important to stick to trusted vendors. He said he hasn't seen any newly manufactured 30Ts so the 4 radial lines could be absent and they could still possibly he authentic.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
AVS ran out of the stuff I ordered and sent me a bunch of 32ga rolls. I never use that stuff. It's too thin for cores and too thick for clapton wraps.

As a challenge to myself, I wanted to see if I could do a 5 core SFC with 32ga for the cores. Well I did it. It wasn't easy because 32ga is really flimsy.
05AgXGk.jpg

On top is 3x28/38+(2×28)/38ga
On bottom: 3x32/40+(2×32)/40ga

Edit: I forgot to mention, I've been leaving the outside cores bare instead of spaced claptoned. Besides being a little easier to prep, I think the flavor is a little better. That might just be in my head though lol. Here's the end of one spread to to see:
PEE3g9T.jpg

The spaces have to be consistent or you'll have a bad day.

Last edited:

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
AVS ran out of the stuff I ordered and sent me a bunch of 32ga rolls. I never use that stuff. It's too thin for cores and too thick for clapton wraps.

As a challenge to myself, I wanted to see if I could do a 5 core SFC with 32ga for the cores. Well I did it. It wasn't easy because 32ga is really flimsy.

On top is 3x28/38+(2×28)/38ga
On bottom: 3x32/40+(2×32)/40ga
Wow! That would totally look cool as jewelry. J/K. Those are nice! You amaze me. 👍

VU Sponsors