Become a Patron!

What song are you playing right now?

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was playing Nearer god to me you know the song they played when the Titanic was going down now I am listening to only Celtic music for no reason other than it is a odd structurally. neither Major or Mintor it is Modal based on the Mixolydian scale.. ;)
One of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard..though I much prefer the version done by another great Irishman Van Morrison with the Chieftans.

Last edited:

Hypnophone

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
That's kinda interestifyin' there RZ!
...maybe kinda good shiite! Hmmmm...

>>>>Don't complain about workin'. Try workin' 32 hour shifts! Yeah, I have been there.
Workin' is GOOD.<<<<

Being halfway through working 16 in a 24 has a way of making music like this much more appealing.

Last edited:

Hypnophone

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ahhh, Sorry kids. I just could not do a song....
Yup, they're all badasses.
The biggest baddass of all? Eddie Offord, the engineer.
One can not go wrong with the classics:

Last edited:

Hypnophone

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hey there y'all. This is not for the weak-hearted.

This here is some serious shit.

Hypnophone

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The title is "Seven Streets"
I don't know what the fuck the youtuber was fucked-up on.....
"We are surrounded by morons and idiots" - H

Hypnophone

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
THAT is the REAL LP art! A mechanical chicken with rockets out it's ass...

When things went to CeeDee, it changed.

Here is analog Atomic Rooster in all it's glory!!!

Tom_Pulliam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years

>>>>Don't complain about workin'. Try workin' 32 hour shifts! Yeah, I have been there.
Workin' is GOOD.<<<<
Never done a 32 hour shift did a 23 hour backed up by a 22 hour one though still to this day don't know how I got through it

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Workin' is GOOD.<<<<
I... Interestifyin? I'm totally copping that.

And I ain't complainin! I'm grateful for it! Just speakin to the general state of mind behind my choice in music at that particular moment... ...that state being tired, but contented.

But 32-hour shifts? Jesus man, add 8 hours to that and you have my typical work week! Couldn't pay me to do that... ...well, maybe I could be coerced with some time and a half or double time. But doubles are as far as I go when nobody wants to pay overtime, or at a minimum premium hours for elongated shifts if they want to add to my downtime later. I ain't trying to grow wrinkles on my face for the same money that other people make working spaced-out 8-hour shifts. I'm a dedicated worker and damned proud of it, but I have my dignity to uphold. Brownie points don't pay the bills. I don't like the idea of working harder than other similarly-compensated people in the building and getting nothing but the accolades. Ain't nothin' right about that.

And yeah, Zero 7 are... ...well they're pretty alright in my book. Keeps me grounded when shit gets a bit real. I like that they pepper their tracks with lots of rhodes, mellotron, and modern string synths. Drums and bass are always nice and on point, too. They can carry a nice groove here and there. Always bringing that sunny, yet sedated atmosphere down. There's a lot to like about what they do.

Never done a 32 hour shift did a 23 hour backed up by a 22 hour one though still to this day don't know how I got through it
Ouch, that's INSANE. Bet you were feeling that for a little while...

I actually don't mind working for long stretches like that from time to time. As they say, I'm in my prime, so I can and do bounce back pretty quickly.

What kills me is working normal shifts for weeks without a day off. Once I get that gradual burnout going on, I just get really sloppy and dull-headed. And once it sets in, it takes more than two days off to fully bounce back. If I have to keep working at so much as a regular pace after that, it can take a month before I feel like myself again. That's no fun. Never sure how I survive it. I generally try not to think about it when I'm in the middle of it.

I was pretty hooked on this shit for a while last year. Come to think of it, I was about as tired then, too. heheh.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors