Become a Patron!

Which vape device is the best for beginners? Should I begin with pens or use pod mod?

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Do you have a Vape Shop close by ? - maybe stop in and check out what they have . Either a pen or pod mod would be a great starter for a beginner, just depends on what you feel comfortable using.
I am a vaper of 7 years and I love the Smok Fetch Pro which is a pod mod- it takes a removable 18650 battery, and I bought the rebuildable parts for it. I bought the RTDA adapter pod for it, and I bought an RBA for it so I can build and use my own coils instead of buying them, with all the laws here being able to buy supplies like factory coils may be impossible and wanted to make sure I can keep vaping in the future.
I have many mods and RTAs and RDAs too.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Wait a minute.
You have obviously already begun or are being dishonest.
You already posted this:

1634243252671.png

and then there is the bio.
there is an eliquid vendor under your websites.

1634243342894.png

It seems like you know plenty all ready if I am reading this bio correctly.

If you are here to sell juice, let us know and we'll hook you up with a subforum.
If you are being paid to answer some marketing survey by using this forum as unknowing participants.... well lets just say that's been done before and people catch on to it FAST.

Why don't you just tell us why you are really here so we don't have to play games for the next month?

Lady Sarah

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Listen up, Harry. You have already been trying to tell us how bad nicotine is. Are you a hypocrite, or are you using 0 MG juice?

When I switched from cigs to vaping, pod devices did not exist. Devices that looked like cigs sucked ass. Vape pens were much better. Later, I stepped up to standard mods, after losing my favorite vape pen. It was one with a tank I could refill and replace the coil, as well as recharge.

Now, I squonk.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Which vape device is the best for beginners? Should I begin with pens or use pod mod?
after reading a comment i dont know if i should be answering. but if i was just starting out i would buy a swag kit as it has removable batteries and if you got the swag 2 then you could use a 25mm aatomiser. ok probably useless but at least i tried. and no i dont use nicotine as if i did why quit cancer sticks? and i do have quite a few vapes and i prel suck on my own recipes.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
That is very good advice @geordie :)
Removable (dual) batteries and enough room for 25mm atomizer is also what I look for in a new device.

BronzyIsland

Bronze Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i recommend a caliburn, or yearn, but my personal favorite is the OVNS W01 pod kit. youll prob have to import it direct from china but there are some usa sites that sell it. trust me its the best replacement device for an ex smoker. im using it right now. it looks like a juul but 1000x better. and best of all its a open system so you can fill it with whatev u want

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
For someone starting out I would say:

Something with replaceable batteries
Something regulated and not mechanical
If you want pods be sure they're open based pods

Do you have a Vape Shop close by ? - maybe stop in and check out what they have . Either a pen or pod mod would be a great starter for a beginner, just depends on what you feel comfortable using.
I am a vaper of 7 years and I love the Smok Fetch Pro which is a pod mod- it takes a removable 18650 battery, and I bought the rebuildable parts for it. I bought the RTDA adapter pod for it, and I bought an RBA for it so I can build and use my own coils instead of buying them, with all the laws here being able to buy supplies like factory coils may be impossible and wanted to make sure I can keep vaping in the future.
I have many mods and RTAs and RDAs too.
Snapdragon thanks for your advice. I don't want to form a habit. It is the flavours that give me a hit. Can we vape without getting addicted to it?

Wait a minute.
You have obviously already begun or are being dishonest.
You already posted this:

View attachment 186978

and then there is the bio.
there is an eliquid vendor under your websites.

View attachment 186979

It seems like you know plenty all ready if I am reading this bio correctly.

If you are here to sell juice, let us know and we'll hook you up with a subforum.
If you are being paid to answer some marketing survey by using this forum as unknowing participants.... well lets just say that's been done before and people catch on to it FAST.

Why don't you just tell us why you are really here so we don't have to play games for the next month?
5150sick, I do own it but I bought it without knowing the details. Someone told me to use a pen first. Now I am confused. Regarding the website I get my liquids from there.

Listen up, Harry. You have already been trying to tell us how bad nicotine is. Are you a hypocrite, or are you using 0 MG juice?

When I switched from cigs to vaping, pod devices did not exist. Devices that looked like cigs sucked ass. Vape pens were much better. Later, I stepped up to standard mods, after losing my favorite vape pen. It was one with a tank I could refill and replace the coil, as well as recharge.

Now, I squonk.
Lady Sarah, anything used excessively is bad. I just try to restrict myself from going overboard.

after reading a comment i dont know if i should be answering. but if i was just starting out i would buy a swag kit as it has removable batteries and if you got the swag 2 then you could use a 25mm aatomiser. ok probably useless but at least i tried. and no i dont use nicotine as if i did why quit cancer sticks? and i do have quite a few vapes and i prel suck on my own recipes.
Thanks geordie, Your advice is appreciable.

i recommend a caliburn, or yearn, but my personal favorite is the OVNS W01 pod kit. youll prob have to import it direct from china but there are some usa sites that sell it. trust me its the best replacement device for an ex smoker. im using it right now. it looks like a juul but 1000x better. and best of all its a open system so you can fill it with whatev u want
BronzyIsland, People have recommended not to use Chinese stuff.Thanks for the advice.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
5150sick, I do own it but I bought it without knowing the details. Someone told me to use a pen first. Now I am confused. Regarding the website I get my liquids from there.
I am sorry but I do not and never will answer marketing questions.

You are in the UK correct?

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
i make all my ouw recipes, commercial ones use to much sweetner, a pen is not real good, you have no control over it, it is allways light on capacity. anything you cant control is not worth having.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
what are open based pods?

This means you can easily refill them without need of being locked in to buy more pods &\ devices from a manufacture. Here's an example of a closed pod system. I do not shill nor do any affiliate stuff for my links, ever. I just do not do that. What links I post are for information only. Here's an example of an open pod system.

I suggest open pod systems because this frees up a user to bring their own juice. That has economic and verification benefits. You never know what some black market vendor might put in a closed pod system. Use an open pod system you can know what you put in so long as you trust your juice source.

It helps economically in that you're not dropping $20 to $60 a day to vape even modestly like I do. You can get a non-disposable kit instead of a disposable one. It is kind of a halfway point to dropping $60 - $100 once a year maybe to get a durable kit and consumable supplies.

“The reason that the rich were so rich, Vimes reasoned, was because they managed to spend less money.
Take boots, for example. He earned thirty-eight dollars a month plus allowances. A really good pair of leather boots cost fifty dollars. But an affordable pair of boots, which were sort of OK for a season or two and then leaked like hell when the cardboard gave out, cost about ten dollars. Those were the kind of boots Vimes always bought, and wore until the soles were so thin that he could tell where he was in Ankh-Morpork on a foggy night by the feel of the cobbles.
But the thing was that good boots lasted for years and years. A man who could afford fifty dollars had a pair of boots that’d still be keeping his feet dry in ten years’ time, while the poor man who could only afford cheap boots would have spent a hundred dollars on boots in the same time and would still have wet feet.
This was the Captain Samuel Vimes’ ‘Boots’ theory of socioeconomic unfairness.” --
Terry Pratchett Men At Arms

"A man is not dead while his name is still spoken." - Going Postal, Chapter 4 prologue

And in my estimation Mr. Terry Pratchett deserves immortality. It was his writing that assured me I knew my Pap. Still weep reading of the Wee Free Men. Aye, live on Mr. Terry Pratchett, live on!

A durable kit would be like one of the two Signature Tips squonk mods I recently acquired, or the Furyan mod. There's a minor annoyance with the Furyan, you need to use a proprietary squonk bottle for it. They cost around $10 each. It's minor enough to be just a little nag but nothing more.

My squonk bottles run the range of 6 ml to 10 ml capacity. You learn in squonking that you deduct about .5 ml from that. This is used for the tubing, rod used to draw up juice to the RDA from squonking the bottle. Fill the bottle and the tubing, displaces a bunch of juice when you go to place it in the mod.

These mods if looked after with some basic maintenance can last years. The bottles might go a year, maybe. But you can replace the bottles reasonably easier than go buy a mod if out of juice. And bottles can be refilled for that time too so there's that.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Can we vape without getting addicted to it?

Yes, that can be done. More oft than not there's no real way to get addicted to flavors. What could addict is nicotine & that can be addictive like caffeine in coffee.

I used to drink pots and pots of coffee daily years ago. Now, I might go two weeks or more without even a cup, or I might have three days I have a cup, maybe two.

My point is I'm no longer addicted to it. Yes, I can still enjoy it from time to time. I've become rather moderate in living, even in moderation itself. :)

As pointed out by others, controlling yourself, self discipline is key. Sometimes I think I'm really one to talk regarding self discipline. Had I more of it I might be built like a solid rock & able to leap tall buildings in a single bound. ;) :D

Bah, I'm human and have compassion with myself. Can also accept me for me. :)

i make all my ouw recipes, commercial ones use to much sweetner, a pen is not real good, you have no control over it, it is allways light on capacity. anything you cant control is not worth having.
Hey Gordie, can you elaborate on what ingredients you are using to make your recipe and what makes them less sweetener than what you are saying for manufactured and commercial products. Also, since you are stressing so much about "control", I want to understand this part of how your vaping/smoking product facilitates that control for you.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
hi harry, i am not stressing over control, i just like to have as many options as i can, different atomisers, control of temp or wattage, the ability to carry a spare battery around, something small not a item that looks like a cosh. I like not smelling like an ashtrat, no holes in my clother from burnt ash, no stink in my house or car. the true cost of smoking. over here in australia it costs $32 fot 30 cigs! so over a buck a fag. i can make 30ml of my taste ffor $2-50
taste wise to reduce sugar i play with ingreadients to ensure as few as possible, using pg annd vg in different ways and not exceeding 8% flavour in mu recipe and no sweetner. i use dragon fruit and watermelon quite a bit, you cant do without sugar but you can reduce it. i find the diy (do or die) site good for recipes.

cheers

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Here's a quick search what lists some databases of ejuice recipes. There's also a whole lot of DIY ejuice making here on the forum.

Lately I just vape unflavored "base" juice. I might now & then add a few drops of a flavoring to a squonk bottle just to break monotony. Like getting flavors at Bull City, they're affordable but good quality & service.

I find using a lot of max VG, there's a subtle sweetness inherent to the "base". Don't mind that at all. Got some 50/50 I can cut it with if I choose, or just use the 50/50 itself. Like the VG's texture though. *shrugs*

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
popcorn.jpg

18mg-e-liquid-nicotine-unflavored-base.jpg

I'm good, y'all? :D :)

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Gremlins-Mogwai.jpg

There are actual such creatures known to sit in trees waiting upon Japanese fishing boats. They don't attack larger boats but the old man in his small boat, out at night.

What mogwai desire is the fish in the nets. For whatever reason mogwai are phobic of water & it drives them into a fury. The fishermen used to tell how the mogwai would try to capsize their boats.

Upon learning of this I never could watch the Gremlin movies the same again. I was not besought with terror but given a healthy respect of nature. Nature finds ways to keep equilibrium & balance.

Perhaps the fish needed more protection. Maybe the Cosmos simply felt a prank was needed. In either case there's always something "out there" to make one sit befuddled going, ... "hmm."

*tucks away, out of sight a tome entitled To Quell Inquisitive Harry Wilsons, notes he is using plan one from over two billion, it is called Telling the Tell So We Member The Way*

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My apologies. The last posting may seem to have nothing for vaping, vapers, new vapers. This post might offer a bit of contextual relevance for that post though.

In many subsets of society one finds groups, families, tribes. Each of these gatherings of people unite. This unison comes from an agreed on narrative the culture of the group offers.

Vaping is one such meandering flock of people. Our narrative is straight forward and simple. Vape and avoid smoking. Vaping saves lives. We do not care how you vape as long as you vape, if you choose.

Among our horde are former smokers with vast life experiences. All these different ways of living meld into a shared experience. We learn from one another that no one true right way exists instead we each have our own unique right way & so long as we each respect that, all is good.

There is no need to cram your beliefs down anyone's throat. It does not work anyway. You cannot force others to believe as you do, nor can they force you. This is conveyed in the narrative of we seasoned vapers. Narrative involves, invokes telling stories. Humans use stories to teach, to entertain, to persuade, to maintain core truths.

Sometimes we who have "been there and done that" forget an old expression. We need to give milk to babes and meat to the grizzled men. We are all both at some point in living. So on the living goes as we meander along the winding river. May it's waters ever run still.

Here's a quick search what lists some databases of ejuice recipes. There's also a whole lot of DIY ejuice making here on the forum.

Lately I just vape unflavored "base" juice. I might now & then add a few drops of a flavoring to a squonk bottle just to break monotony. Like getting flavors at Bull City, they're affordable but good quality & service.

I find using a lot of max VG, there's a subtle sweetness inherent to the "base". Don't mind that at all. Got some 50/50 I can cut it with if I choose, or just use the 50/50 itself. Like the VG's texture though. *shrugs*
Thanks, MyMagicMist. The way you place every piece of information itself displays is incredible and highly appreciable. Thanks for providing such detailed references on this forum, especially the DIY one. It will help many people like me.

Omfg....I think I'm going to have a nervous breakdown. How many ways can one ask the same f'n question?

I'm joining you. :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
Hey nadalama, I didn't get the context of your nervous breakdown? Is it sarcastic, or do you have a problem with these questions that I have posted?

hi harry, i am not stressing over control, i just like to have as many options as i can, different atomisers, control of temp or wattage, the ability to carry a spare battery around, something small not a item that looks like a cosh. I like not smelling like an ashtrat, no holes in my clother from burnt ash, no stink in my house or car. the true cost of smoking. over here in australia it costs $32 fot 30 cigs! so over a buck a fag. i can make 30ml of my taste ffor $2-50
taste wise to reduce sugar i play with ingreadients to ensure as few as possible, using pg annd vg in different ways and not exceeding 8% flavour in mu recipe and no sweetner. i use dragon fruit and watermelon quite a bit, you cant do without sugar but you can reduce it. i find the diy (do or die) site good for recipes.

cheers
Hi Georgie, thanks for laying down the recipe in such a comprehensive and concise way. However, I want to know how you ensure that it should be 8% and not more than. What instrument are you using to maintain such proportions?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
image_13573.jpg

img-resize.asp

You can use ml as unit of measure and then used graduated syringes to measure out a ml in tenths. For example say I wanted about 20% my flavor mix to be flavor A, I would draw up .2 ml of it in a syringe. In another syringe I might have .1 ml of flavor B, another .1 ml of flavor C and so on until you had 100% of your flavor mix.

Conversely you can decide to use only say %10 or less of 30 ml as flavoring. That means you'd use .30 ml out of 30 ml for the flavoring mix. The rest would be carrier/s and nicotine or just carrier/s. Carriers being PG & VG.

You could also use grams as a measure of volume by weight. Some mix in that manner while others use syringes as convenient. There's others still what measure by drops, with I think 20 or 50 drops being a measure of a ml. Think @Smoky Blue uses drops and would know more accurately.

Then you got wild cards like me what add just a little here and there to my own taste. Say I got an 8 ml bottle for a squonk. I might add two to four drops of a flavor just to give me a hint. Barely taste anything anyway so more often just use unflavored juice.

*looks over plan 7,313, sighs and thinks it too harsh*

Last edited:

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Hey nadalama, I didn't get the context of your nervous breakdown? Is it sarcastic, or do you have a problem with these questions that I have posted?

Each of several posts of yours have different subject lines, but they are basically asking the same question. Please understand that to compose a post like @MyMagicMist has done, where he gives a lot of details and very accurate information, well, that takes a lot of time. For him to respond to your threads multiple times, when you are really asking the same question, or trying to make the same point, to me seems to be taking unfair advantage of him and others who have responded to multiple threads. Of course, he could decide on his own to respond to only one, but from what I know of him, it is in his nature to be helpful when questions are asked, and he has a lot more patience than me.

Yes my statement was sarcastic, and yes, I do have concerns, for the reasons I just gave. We want to help new people who are legitimately trying to learn about vaping, and perhaps I have misjudged you, but we see a lot of posts here from people who aren't who/what they seem, and I don't like to see my fellow forum members spend all that time, with nothing but generosity in their hearts, when it appears to me that they are being manipulated.

If I have misjudged you, then you have my most sincere apology. Just please ask your question once, in the proper part of the forum, and let the members respond to you once instead of three or four times. When the question becomes something different, then feel free to start another thread.

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
Hi Georgie, thanks for laying down the recipe in such a comprehensive and concise way. However, I want to know how you ensure that it should be 8% and not more than. What instrument are you using to maintain such proportions?
thanks harry,
i mix by weight, i look up my ingreadiants from the maker ie if capello say their lime is best at 4% i use 5% so basically i a a believer that makers say you use 4% without knowing what you are mixing it with.what they should say is 4 if used by itself. if youuse a nother falvour with say cuban tobacco you drop % down, its only used to take the edge of the tobacco.so bacilly i use a calculator to taell me how many ml to use, then my scales to complete it.
take it easy and enjoy life buddy.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
image_13573.jpg

img-resize.asp

You can use ml as unit of measure and then used graduated syringes to measure out a ml in tenths. For example say I wanted about 20% my flavor mix to be flavor A, I would draw up .2 ml of it in a syringe. In another syringe I might have .1 ml of flavor B, another .1 ml of flavor C and so on until you had 100% of your flavor mix.

Conversely you can decide to use only say %10 or less of 30 ml as flavoring. That means you'd use .30 ml out of 30 ml for the flavoring mix. The rest would be carrier/s and nicotine or just carrier/s. Carriers being PG & VG.

You could also use grams as a measure of volume by weight. Some mix in that manner while others use syringes as convenient. There's others still what measure by drops, with I think 20 or 50 drops being a measure of a ml. Think @Smoky Blue uses drops and would know more accurately.

Then you got wild cards like me what add just a little here and there to my own taste. Say I got an 8 ml bottle for a squonk. I might add two to four drops of a flavor just to give me a hint. Barely taste anything anyway so more often just use unflavored juice.

*looks over plan 7,313, sighs and thinks it too harsh*

Don't mean to speak out of turn, but @Smoky Blue exclusively uses Flavorah flavorings, which are super concentrated, and sometimes the percentages she uses are so small, it is more accurate to count drops than it is to use a scale. Sometimes she is here quite a bit, but then sometimes she is busy elsewhere for a week or more at a time; otherwise I wouldn't take the liberty of trying to speak for her. And I will happily stand corrected if anything I said is incorrect.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't like to see my fellow forum members spend all that time, with nothing but generosity in their hearts, when it appears to me that they are being manipulated.

Hmm, ... *blushing at all the raunchy thoughts, will not type them, smh* Erm, ugh, Go Dodgers! Yeah, that's the ticket alright.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Of course, he could decide on his own to respond to only one, but from what I know of him, it is in his nature to be helpful when questions are asked, and he has a lot more patience than me.

TL;DRV: Yes, I see the angle. I raise and call. When someone thinks they got an upper hand, you break it. Streams erode mountains by gently washing them to the seas, oceans. Run 'er slow because slow is smooth, smooth is fast, fast is lethal. Not all dumb Hillbillies are. *blank stare*

Thought it was generosity & compassion, not patience. Never had much use of patience. Hm, now I have it. "Ain't that something?" *grins*

I've noted a theme in the interrogation. And yes, know enough of constabulary to realize it isn't any longer a polite interview. How so would I know such?

Well at one point my biological father father instilled twenty years of private eye experience. Have also been around police, military, para-military types nearly all my life. A person "picks up" stuff.

A family friend was a cop. He caught me at something once. All it took was him threatening to tell my grandma, I flew right after that.

Of course, I shocked him by getting of his cuffs in under ten seconds. Had they been to my front it likely would have been less than five. He knew though the home situation, knew that I survive.

Now cops use zip ties. They're just a little more difficult, still egress able though. Ah but I'm driveling all over the road.

Note the theme yes. Not minding for maybe some of my own ulterior motive/s. No, not all of them involve a live chicken, cool whip, and a weed wacker.

Sometimes a person likes to watch and see where a path goes. A journey in itself can be the destination. :) Learning some of myself, more than I knew.

Also recalling a movie called Eyes in the Fire. It was strangely about witchcraft, though it seemed to have a lycan theme. What does that have to do with an interrogation here?

"Wolves only come so close at night. You see your reflection from their eyes in the fire." That was one of the lines of the movie. I don't mind holding up a mirror. *grin*

Some might understand that. Those knowing won't say. Come play another day. Rain, rain, go away! :) Oh how you eat my withered brain. Your mercy is found to be a drain. Please let me hop the train. Yes, quite insane. :)

*sighs*

Tired, want held, might like a beer as well just for the sake of a beer. No bar, pub, club. Take me drunk, I'm not as home as you thunk I am.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
@harry_wilson, I somewhat concur with @nadalama 's assessment. Will say I'm not a doormat. Also will say I once had a friend teach me the best revenge. Smile as people take advantage.

Why is that the best revenge? Well if you live enough that's a lesson you learn. No one can tell you. You need to experience it to understand. I used to hate being given this same exact "advice", now, I understand it is so blatantly, patently true.

And yes I know that also may be part of what is going on. Young people go rushing into life expecting the experience to be there. Unfortunately, life doesn't play that way. We're not gifted like that. Oh we each may be gifted in our own way, yet none of us get this particular gift. Anyone saying otherwise is to be avoided, and, or shot dead as a public service.

All of us have to earn experience, just like video games. It takes time, grinding, waiting. I sometimes feel Life is nothing but a doctor's waiting room in Limbo, and I have experience out the ears, fur too *grin*. Once, I too rushed for experience. Now, I wonder if it was for the best to have eaten of that fruit so young.

I wait for nearly everything. Time drags on and it seems drudgery. A blink later and you wonder where a decade has gone. Life is like that as well, full of contradiction & paradox. I'm one who is living, merely existing proof of that. Literally my birth was an impossibbility & then 11 months later I died for seven minutes , some change but returned.

I had no grand near death experience. There was simply a deeply warm darkness and a neutered voice what said to me, "you have work to do." For all I know it was a nurse whispering my last chance. Sorry, I'm skeptical of anything labeled divine or super-natural, Nature itself has enough it needs nothing more than itself. That isn't saying I don't believe in spirits, good and evil. I'm skeptical though, with excellent reasoning.

Don't mind sharing experience/s, yet there is a point where it becomes difficult. You Mr. @harry_wilson are at a precarious location with me, not quite ready to taste my revenge, nor still in the best favor. I actually do enjoy helping others. Said as much before, it is one few things which give me joy. Please do excuse me, luv I am a bit weary.

Also my apologies this post may seem disjointed, having more added, revisions. You'll find that in my case very often. I'll start a thought process, rethink, and then get ... only to come back 'round to finish. Though, nothing ever is truly finished.

So yeah, that's just me, how I respond, resonate, reflect, ... exist. I mean no disrespect nor do I do I do so to affect or gain attention. I just keep thinking, sorting, ... also I'm everywhere and nowhere, forget time with me, I'm then, now, when. I live the eternal Now. Time is irrelevant to me.

Last edited:

walton

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Reddit Exile
@harry_wilson, I somewhat concur with @nadalama 's assessment. Will say I'm not a doormat. Also will say I once had a friend teach me the best revenge. Smile as people take advantage.

Why is that the best revenge? Well if you live enough that's a lesson you learn. No one can tell you. You need to experience it to understand. I used to hate being given this same exact "advice", now, I understand it is so blatantly, patently true.

And yes I know that also may be part of what is going on. Young people go rushing into life expecting the experience to be there. Unfortunately, life doesn't play that way. We're not gifted like that. Oh we each may be gifted in our own way, yet none of us get this particular gift. Anyone saying otherwise is to be avoided, and, or shot dead as a public service.

All of us have to earn experience, just like video games. It takes time, grinding, waiting. I sometimes feel Life is nothing but a doctor's waiting room in Limbo, and I have experience out the ears, fur too *grin*. Once, I too rushed for experience. Now, I wonder if it was for the best to have eaten of that fruit so young.

I wait for nearly everything. Time drags on and it seems drudgery. A blink later and you wonder where a decade has gone. Life is like that as well, full of contradiction & paradox. I'm one who is living, merely existing proof of that. Literally my birth was an impossibbility & then 11 months later I died for seven minutes , some change but returned.

I had no grand near death experience. There was simply a deeply warm darkness and a neutered voice what said to me, "you have work to do." For all I know it was a nurse whispering my last chance. Sorry, I'm skeptical of anything labeled divine or super-natural, Nature itself has enough it needs nothing more than itself. That isn't saying I don't believe in spirits, good and evil. I'm skeptical though, with excellent reasoning.

Don't mind sharing experience/s, yet there is a point where it becomes difficult. You Mr. @harry_wilson are at a precarious location with me, not quite ready to taste my revenge, nor still in the best favor. I actually do enjoy helping others. Said as much before, it is one few things which give me joy. Please do excuse me, luv I am a bit weary.

Also my apologies this post may seem disjointed, having more added, revisions. You'll find that in my case very often. I'll start a thought process, rethink, and then get ... only to come back 'round to finish. Though, nothing ever is truly finished.

So yeah, that's just me, how I respond, resonate, reflect, ... exist. I mean no disrespect nor do I do I do so to affect or gain attention. I just keep thinking, sorting, ... also I'm everywhere and nowhere, forget time with me, I'm then, now, when. I live the eternal Now. Time is irrelevant to me.
xmas eve in uk, my dad was 37 my mum 35 i was 6 brother was 4 sister was 18months, we were in our car it turned midnight, dad said from the top of this hump backed bridge we can see our house you have all been so good we have lots of suprises for you. we topped the hill. the inside of the cat went white, a tractor coming the other way blinded dad, he hit brakes, car skidded in snow and went through the old stone side of the bridge, i awoke from a coma after i had been given the last rights 6 weeks later. my family were buried as i was still in the coma. first words i heard were from a f@@@ing catholic priest saing god needed your family more than you. he was f123ing wrong. i hate religion with a passion. and i never celibrate that bloody hypocritical day...never.

VU Sponsors