Become a Patron!

Whiskey's CORNER #2 (#3 will be created 8-1-16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Hi Andria hows the day treating you? i feel the same way about comcast

Most of it sucked, Jimi -- internet. phone, and everything went down about 12;15... I sat and read and waited for a while to see if it would come back up, but finally said fuck it and went and took a nap... Dreamed the cable was back, so I picked up the phone next to my bed, to find it was still dead. But I was awake, so I got up, read a while longer. I had thought my husband was going to be late, he said something about picking up some branches for some folks to cart away (he has a truck, they don't), but he ended up coming home at the regular time, thank GOD, so we were able to call Comcast -- thank god, this time it wasn't just my line, but area-wide, and they were working on it. They *said* it would be back up about 6, but it was more like 6:45.

But, I do have some good news; called my parents' house to see which day was better for them this weekend for the monthly housecleaning we do; my stepfather is home, doing better, sounding more like his old self, so that is a HUGE relief; he's gonna be 77 this year and already had 2 strokes about 20 yrs ago, and a major heart attack and triple-bypass surgery last year, so we were all worried to death.

Andria

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Most of it sucked, Jimi -- internet. phone, and everything went down about 12;15... I sat and read and waited for a while to see if it would come back up, but finally said fuck it and went and took a nap... Dreamed the cable was back, so I picked up the phone next to my bed, to find it was still dead. But I was awake, so I got up, read a while longer. I had thought my husband was going to be late, he said something about picking up some branches for some folks to cart away (he has a truck, they don't), but he ended up coming home at the regular time, thank GOD, so we were able to call Comcast -- thank god, this time it wasn't just my line, but area-wide, and they were working on it. They *said* it would be back up about 6, but it was more like 6:45.

But, I do have some good news; called my parents' house to see which day was better for them this weekend for the monthly housecleaning we do; my stepfather is home, doing better, sounding more like his old self, so that is a HUGE relief; he's gonna be 77 this year and already had 2 strokes about 20 yrs ago, and a major heart attack and triple-bypass surgery last year, so we were all worried to death.

Andria
Well that's wonderful news Andria I am so glad he is doing better. It's hard to concentrate on anything when you're worried like that.

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you put any veggies in Always? Homegrown are so good for your health and tasty too.
Some. Haven't had much luck the last few years. We do get a lot from the Amish when things are in season here. Our season is just so short if we don't buy from the grocery stores we wouldn't be eating produce much at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors