Become a Patron!

Whiskey's CORNER #2 (#3 will be created 8-1-16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pete67

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Good morning all :confused:......Again:gaah:. Shortly after I "clocked" outta here this morning.....My son called me back. His allergies were going crazy last night, and poor guy had a tough time sleeping. My back is officially SHOT now:tantrum:.......AND....My thoughtful (sarcasm again:teehee:) wife did NOT make any :coffee2: either :cuss2:. Should be a great weekend :giggle:.
Sorry about your back. Hope it gets better soon.:coffee2::coffee2:

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
13f2f35c364f6591c78e85eb960411ea.jpg

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
IMO, you aren't able to control aggressive dogs , yes might be time to get them to someone who can, before some one sues your ass after getting hurt, tethering them on a chain adds to the aggression, as soon as they are released most times they are gonna go from zone 1 to 10 in 3 seconds. Why have dogs if you can't and don't take time to work some obedience with them? Sorry I work with them and train them and I see your post and had to comment.

That is exactly why this dog will be sent away. I am unable to control this dog, for whatever reason, despite trying various ways. All the other dogs give no problems as far as being aggressive. This one, well, I can not reach him. Given I am not abusive, that all the dogs are extended love, exercise, discipline if needed it wracks my mind, heart, soul as to why this has happened.

It is difficult to relinquish control in such cases, it feels as though you have failed. I was feeling this enough already yesterday with merely looking at life objectively and seeing a lack on my part. Not sure what it is, but a lack. I know it is there and that alone is enough. Again, that is exactly why this dog will be sent away. I can not control him. Thought I was fairly clear expressing that. Oh well, fuck me right?

If you do so work with dogs, you expressly understand exactly what your commentary did, and was. It was uncalled for and even you'd need to admit as much, if you do indeed work with dogs as you say.

Last edited:

Thejackson5

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
7c1a1e4eb2d3e3442b1b51dee6d86a89.jpg
We might go to beach later today..This is one of our local favorites, Mission Beach..you can see Point Loma in the background...should be around 76°...good for beach combing for shells and such.. :)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

There is a beach in that picture?.......oh yeah there it is.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Goat cheese, red onion, asparagus Gallette for brekkie. Coffee of course. I get to be King today, being taken to lunch by my future sister in-law and her husband.....and then dinner and cinema by a friend. Aside from the dismal weather....today will not suck.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So a horrific end to a horrific week :( The kid was in the hospital Friday morning from his diabetes. Then I spoke to his counselor in the afternoon and was assured he was clean and doing good. Then by the evening he was thrown out of the sober house he was in because he managed to get Xanax and it's been a bad bad bad week at work and a night of on the phone with all kinds of people in California. He has agreed to go to the 60 day men's program but it's 1 am now in California and he's going to have to go sit in a park until like 9 am before anyone can help him. I told him that's it there's nothing more I can do for him and wished him luck. I'm done physically and emotionally. He knows I'm serious about leaving him homeless. But the worst is he lost his phone charger and his phone is on 2% so if he doesn't have any battery no one that is going to het him to that program will be able to get a hold of him. I know it's not true but my thinking now is that I'm being punished for something I did somewhere along the way and I just want to give up on everything. I'm going to ne leaving now to head home and hope for the best. See you guys later Saturday night and hopefully with some good news. P.S. still wishing all of you guys a good day !
Dude, it's not your fault. Nothing you did did this to him. He did this of his own accord. Stop beating yourself up about it.

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Dude, it's not your fault. Nothing you did did this to him. He did this of his own accord. Stop beating yourself up about it.
The secret to TRUE freedom is when we accept the fact that we are our own moral and emotional agents. We do our best to teach our offspring, and the time comes when they have to think for themselves. My son makes some boneheaded moves from time to time, but in the end, he has to learn the hard way, just like I did.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I agree that Breasy should stop beating himself up about it, but I assure you, no addict became one "of their own accord" -- nobody sets out to become an addict, it just sorta happens... and once you're there, finding the off switch seems impossible. There are a lot of us survivors who did manage to find it, but it really takes some doing, first to find it, and then to keep hitting it when the addiction flares to life all over again. Especially someone as young as that -- he doesn't yet understand that there are consequences for every choice, and some of those consequences are really awful. I do think at this point the best thing Breasy can do is step back; it may be the only way for the kid to learn about those consequences, up close and personal.

Andria

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
So a horrific end to a horrific week :( The kid was in the hospital Friday morning from his diabetes. Then I spoke to his counselor in the afternoon and was assured he was clean and doing good. Then by the evening he was thrown out of the sober house he was in because he managed to get Xanax and it's been a bad bad bad week at work and a night of on the phone with all kinds of people in California. He has agreed to go to the 60 day men's program but it's 1 am now in California and he's going to have to go sit in a park until like 9 am before anyone can help him. I told him that's it there's nothing more I can do for him and wished him luck. I'm done physically and emotionally. He knows I'm serious about leaving him homeless. But the worst is he lost his phone charger and his phone is on 2% so if he doesn't have any battery no one that is going to het him to that program will be able to get a hold of him. I know it's not true but my thinking now is that I'm being punished for something I did somewhere along the way and I just want to give up on everything. I'm going to ne leaving now to head home and hope for the best. See you guys later Saturday night and hopefully with some good news. P.S. still wishing all of you guys a good day !
My prayers are with you and your family. I will forward this to our Poor Clare nuns, and my brothers in the OFM.

pete67

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I agree that Breasy should stop beating himself up about it, but I assure you, no addict became one "of their own accord" -- nobody sets out to become an addict, it just sorta happens... and once you're there, finding the off switch seems impossible. There are a lot of us survivors who did manage to find it, but it really takes some doing, first to find it, and then to keep hitting it when the addiction flares to life all over again. Especially someone as young as that -- he doesn't yet understand that there are consequences for every choice, and some of those consequences are really awful. I do think at this point the best thing Breasy can do is step back; it may be the only way for the kid to learn about those consequences, up close and personal.

Andria
Good morning Andria:coffee:

Pipug

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Had to come up for some air!!!! That mud pit is just that...whew!!!

Hope everyone is having a dandy Saturday. Sun is out, (wasn't supposed to be), lawns are being mowed, decks being built. Birds are singing. Life is good, if you let it be!!! :)

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Mornin' Corner. Cruising around, checking in, trying to get caught up.

I know it's not true but my thinking now is that I'm being punished for something I did somewhere along the way and I just want to give up on everything.
I'm glad you know it's not true, Breazy.

I know how difficult it is to step back. I imagine it was for my own family, too. When they stepped back, I got to see for myself the choices before me, and thankfully, I made the right ones, and it was actually because of them letting go. When I end up in a similar situation that I put them in, and when I step back for those same reasons, I feel how difficult it must've been for them. But I also feel the relief in it. At first I feel guilty for feeling relief, then I realize... ahhh it's not my problem. To make it mine makes me think I'm more powerful than I am. Relief is a gift from something or someone more powerful. It doesn't mean you don't care.

I love ya. I'll keep you guys in my thoughts.

Pipug

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I know how difficult it is to step back. I imagine it was for my own family, too. When they stepped back, I got to see for myself the choices before me, and thankfully, I made the right ones, and it was actually because of them letting go. When I end up in a similar situation that I put them in, and when I step back for those same reasons, I feel how difficult it must've been for them. But I also feel the relief in it. At first I feel guilty for feeling relief, then I realize... ahhh it's not my problem. To make it mine makes me think I'm more powerful than I am. Relief is a gift from something or someone more powerful. It doesn't mean you don't care.

so well said, Huck.

pete67

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Good afternoon Huck. Hope you are have a great day:coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors