Become a Patron!

Whiskey's CORNER #2 (#3 will be created 8-1-16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
cbd4951fcc83278d2f4f8e003e8588fd.jpg

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So glad I'm off today. Little upset that it's raining.
Wanted to start stripping the boat down some. I am no longer on medical restriction (5lbs weight restriction with the left arm.) Yet I still can't do crap lol

sent from a dumb operated smartphone

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Isn't that why microwaves were invented? ;)

Andria
Microwaves ruined people knowing how to cook

Seriously I doubt that most "kids" under 30 know how to cook anything other then Mac and cheese, hot pockets, or pizza rolls.

There is a few I know that can make some pretty good food but it's almost always a game of hit or miss

I'm not a 4or5* chef but I can cook just about anything that's out in front of me. Well... It would be edible to most people that aren't iron chefs lmao

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Seriously I doubt that most "kids" under 30 know how to cook anything other then Mac and cheese, hot pockets, or pizza rolls.

There is a few I know that can make some pretty good food but it's almost always a game of hit or miss

I'm not a 4or5* chef but I can cook just about anything that's out in front of me. Well... It would be edible to most people that aren't iron chefs lmao

Hell, I couldn't even get my son to do a microwave meal when he was a teenager -- he was too accustomed to mommy doing it for him! I think it has more to do with parents not making their kids do for themselves -- once he grew up and left home, suddenly microwaves were no big deal. :D Microwaves are great for warming stuff up, or defrosting, but cooking? Nah. Anything that needs cooking, needs a stove or oven.

Andria

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hell, I couldn't even get my son to do a microwave meal when he was a teenager -- he was too accustomed to mommy doing it for him! I think it has more to do with parents not making their kids do for themselves -- once he grew up and left home, suddenly microwaves were no big deal. :D Microwaves are great for warming stuff up, or defrosting, but cooking? Nah. Anything that needs cooking, needs a stove or oven.

Andria
As a young teen it was me and my sister mostly. Mom always worked to provide for us. Dad is a piece of shit in and out of prison.
I had to learn to cook because my sister is good for throwing food into a hot skillet flipping it over and calling it done

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Morning critters..

Those nuclear boxes were a luxury growing up..and they fucking SUCKED.
I had to learn how to cook or starve because mom could fuck up water.

Example breakfast today was grilled carne asada with sourdough toast, scrambled eggs with sauteed mushrooms and sweet bell peppers.

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Morning critters..

Those nuclear boxes were a luxury growing up..and they fucking SUCKED.
I had to learn how to cook or starve because mom could fuck up water.

Example breakfast today was grilled carne asada with sourdough toast, scrambled eggs with sauteed mushrooms and sweet bell peppers.
My breakfast was a Dr pepper

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
As a young teen it was me and my sister mostly. Mom always worked to provide for us. Dad is a piece of shit in and out of prison.
I had to learn to cook because my sister is good for throwing food into a hot skillet flipping it over and calling it done

Lots of folks cook like that, and think it's fine. :D And wonder why no one likes what they cook! :D I learned to cook before microwaves were invented, but at first it was the simple stuff -- hot dogs, canned chili, minute rice, the usual culprits. But after getting married, suddenly putting food on the table was "my job," and I'm creative, so... over the years, I got better and better. My son says he loves my cooking, because although I will use "packaged" stuff like the various Helpers and Knorr sides, I'm simply incapable of leaving them alone -- they're my building blocks for something much tastier than ever came out of a package. ;) And in many cases, I learned to cook things "from scratch" -- spaghetti sauce, early on, though now I can't digest tomatoes so that's a no-go -- jambalaya, one of my son's faves -- and an AMAZING apple-walnut-raisin spice cake that uses mostly whole wheat flour. For quickie shit like rice, microwaves are fine -- and some people use them for stuff like bacon, which seems a total travesty to me -- bacon must be cooked in a skillet!

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors