Become a Patron!

Whiskey's CORNER #2 (#3 will be created 8-1-16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just want to take a moment here and say thanks. The VU family is one of the best support systems there is. Not just with vaping but on a personal level as well.
Last night I had a dark moment where I almost killed 10 years of sobriety. And 2 people here helped and reminded me why I stopped drinking. And to those 2 people I thank you from the bottom of my heart. And to all the others here that make me laugh and smile on a daily basis. I thank you as well.

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk
<3<3 Many here are in the sober boat with you Hott, we can relate to all you go through, Kudo's for remaining strong and beating the darkside down =WIN
:inlove:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi guys! Very busy here in Vegas. Miss you guys.

997e000df61c67c5ad77ff8a8d6967c4.jpg

Don't judge me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HAAAAAAAAAAAAA Kimber!!!:sneaka::bliss:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Just want to take a moment here and say thanks. The VU family is one of the best support systems there is. Not just with vaping but on a personal level as well.
Last night I had a dark moment where I almost killed 10 years of sobriety. And 2 people here helped and reminded me why I stopped drinking. And to those 2 people I thank you from the bottom of my heart. And to all the others here that make me laugh and smile on a daily basis. I thank you as well.

I missed this post because I skipped several pages of "good morning, where's coffee" this morning -- but I'm also glad that you stuck to your guns; I know how hard it can be sometimes, even after 10 yrs sobriety, I sometimes had times like that. Even after 15 or 20 -- remember, cunning, baffling, powerful... it seems to just lie in wait to jump out and surprise you sometimes.

If you ever need to talk about it, PM me -- I'm always happy to listen to any fellow recoverers. Going on 24 yrs myself (August 14 will be 24), but I know very damn well, I'm always just one drink, one weak moment, from throwing it all away. The longer the time, the easier it gets, but it never, ever goes away. When Kimber posted that pic the other day of those drinks on the table... all I could see was that glass of beer, and I could fucking TASTE IT! No, it never goes away.

Hang tough!
Andria

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's awesome Hottvapz! Congrats on your sobriety!!! I know where you are coming from, I am an addict. I had a lot of surgeries and became addicted to narcotic pain pills....I mean BAD addiction. I am 2.5 years clean now and doing well. Sometimes when I am tempted I come here and read posts and try to start a conversation so I can take my mind off the urge to swallow a handful of pills. It's tough sometimes....but this is an awesome group of people and it always works!
Here's to 10 more years for you!!!!!
:hug: Stay strong , you are awesome<3

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Afternoon everyone ! I really don't want to go to work later but I have to lol. Have a good day. I would be on at night but it keeps saying the work laptop IP is banned. It's done that before and I don't know how it got fixed.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I clean up well.

It's going to be odd wearing long sleeves again. I usually don't expose my arms until people know me better, that way the first impression isn't too shocking. lol
Never once in my whole career has anyone ever give a fuck what I looked like. Bank Presidents to old folks. They just cared what I could do. Long haired Bearded Man that removes a briefcase from a Harley. Wearing a suit. All that mattered. Computer Tech. Don't like me in your bank? It's Sunday & your fuckin' ATM network is down. Get someone else. Have a nice day. :shades:

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Never once in my whole career has anyone ever give a fuck what I looked like. Bank Presidents to old folks. They just cared what I could do. Long haired Bearded Man that removes a briefcase from a Harley. Wearing a suit. All that mattered. Computer Tech. Don't like me in your bank? It's Sunday & your fuckin' ATM network is down. Get someone else. Have a nice day. :shades:

I've never given a fuck, but be sleeved and covered like I am and you get looks. I know the reality. I also know that people are more accepting once they actually know you versus what they perceive. It's all psychological and being non-threatening in a professional setting is far more beneficial than busting the door down screaming how awesome you are. Of course, this is simply my observation. I have lived through enough to know how to approach situations. What works for me may not necessarily work for others.

Swampfox

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Glad that didn't happen Brother.

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do, however, enjoy it when people say things like, "I though you were, like, a felon or something. Like you were in prison with all those tattoos." I usually just smile when I tell them I did 4 years, but didn't get a single tattoo in prison. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors