Become a Patron!

Whiskey's CORNER #2 (#3 will be created 8-1-16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Well, I'm out. Time to head to the Ford truck plant and do this interview. It's the first in person interview for the position. If I am considered, there will be two more. Hopefully it goes well. I would be the MP&L supervisor for the plant. Wish me luck!
Hi Spygoat my friend good luck with your interview buddy got my fingers crossed

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And I'm back! Interview went very well. We wound up talking a lot about my past work experiences. The plant is huge! The money is very good as well. I hope I get a callback, though my interviewer basically said it was a sure thing (the callback, not the job...yet).

pete67

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
And I'm back! Interview went very well. We wound up talking a lot about my past work experiences. The plant is huge! The money is very good as well. I hope I get a callback, though my interviewer basically said it was a sure thing (the callback, not the job...yet).
If they want the right man for the job they will call you back. We will keep our fingers cross for you.

kimber

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Good morning friends! From my hotel room in Vegas . Thanks for hugs everyone. Iced them, took some Motrin and wrapped them up this morning and they aren't too bad. I can get around the room ok,, will wander downstairs for some breakfast and see how that goes. I might have to find a clinic for some crutches though,, I'm worried about getting through the airport tomorrow. Had to call the new job this morning and tell them I likely won't make it on Monday,, new boss was really good about it. Even said she needed to dress up that story a little since I'm in Vegas. Falling off the table I was dancing on sounds a whole lot better than missing a curb. Gonna go try and move around a bit,,, have a great day everyone!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I just need to vent...fuck you drugs!!! Fuck you!!!! My friend who is my age is loosing her fight with heart failure because of her addiction to drugs for years...she has been clean for 2 years, got her 4 kids back in her life and now she is dying...I'm so angry...I'm so hurt for her kids...so angry that she didn't quit sooner...I'm 40, we have known each other since I was 14.....Im trying to be a support to her family who is like my family. Its so hard....I know you all would understand more than anyone in my life....ok, crazy rant over...sorry guys...

Vape on
I feel for ya B. The drug scourge that's going on now is as bad or worse than any epidemic we've ever had! It's finally making the news everywhere but that don't help the ones that have already died or are dying. Seen to many parents around here lose kids to it. 2 weeks ago the local paper said there was 8 overdoses in 7 days and 6 out of the 8 died. I hope your friend gets a miracle ! My son is still in California in rehab and this is the best he's done in a while. He's clean like 20 days now and I really hope when he comes home that he will be sick and tired of being sick and tired. Only he can make that decision but he sounds good for now.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It is breaking all our hearts...see we were all in the same gang, I was a run away at 14 and her family and one other took me on, they would share me. Even though we had our bad moments we all really love eachother. There are 8 of us...we all made it out of the gang life and all that comes with it exept her. She couldn't drop her habit for years....

Vape on
LMAO you were a gang banger ? Can you do the hand signals lol. Certainly no one here would have ever thought that of you but glad you turned away from it and became who you are. It's always good to see you around here your one of this gang now !

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been at work for 2 hours and the Base is on lockdown. Ever since I got here. They started as an exercise and now it's not an exercise. We have been sitting in the back area locked up ever since.

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.
They're coming for you and your exploding vape lol

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cv knocking on with my peeps from Vegas. This is me....
eaba58d6cb13488c7f40dba164bc2f18.jpg

I fell off a curb. Sprained both ankles. Not even drunk, just not paying attention. This really sucks but at least it's at the end of the trip and not the beginning.

Edit:: still got my vape in my hand though
You need the "Help me I've fallen and can't get up thing" lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need the "Help me I've fallen and can't get up thing " lol

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I feel for ya B. The drug scourge that's going on now is as bad or worse than any epidemic we've ever had! It's finally making the news everywhere but that don't help the ones that have already died or are dying. Seen to many parents around here lose kids to it. 2 weeks ago the local paper said there was 8 overdoses in 7 days and 6 out of the 8 died. I hope your friend gets a miracle ! My son is still in California in rehab and this is the best he's done in a while. He's clean like 20 days now and I really hope when he comes home that he will be sick and tired of being sick and tired. Only he can make that decision but he sounds good for now.

Glad to hear that, about your son. :) It's definitely a hard thing to face, that one has this *alien* in one's head that wants stuff that's completely destructive... but if one ever does turn that corner, it gets a *little* easier -- you know how they say that AA will really screw up your drinking. :D Once you know... you really can't UNknow. :)

Andria

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Glad to hear that, about your son. :) It's definitely a hard thing to face, that one has this *alien* in one's head that wants stuff that's completely destructive... but if one ever does turn that corner, it gets a *little* easier -- you know how they say that AA will really screw up your drinking. :D Once you know... you really can't UNknow. :)

Andria
My son brings a whole new meaning to "Keep coming back" lol But at least he DOES keep coming back ! He actually did some of the work this time where the real cure is. He did steps one, two and three and hopefully he does an honest 4th step and dumps some guilt ! He does prefer AA over NA but to each his own and whatever works for ya.

pete67

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Good morning friends! From my hotel room in Vegas . Thanks for hugs everyone. Iced them, took some Motrin and wrapped them up this morning and they aren't too bad. I can get around the room ok,, will wander downstairs for some breakfast and see how that goes. I might have to find a clinic for some crutches though,, I'm worried about getting through the airport tomorrow. Had to call the new job this morning and tell them I likely won't make it on Monday,, new boss was really good about it. Even said she needed to dress up that story a little since I'm in Vegas. Falling off the table I was dancing on sounds a whole lot better than missing a curb. Gonna go try and move around a bit,,, have a great day everyone!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Good afternoon Kimber:coffee: Hope you are feeling better:wave:

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My son brings a whole new meaning to "Keep coming back" lol But at least he DOES keep coming back ! He actually did some of the work this time where the real cure is. He did steps one, two and three and hopefully he does an honest 4th step and dumps some guilt ! He does prefer AA over NA but to each his own and whatever works for ya.

I've always preferred AA too, though my addictions were as much for drugs as for booze; there's just too damn much hugging in NA, and I don't even like shaking hands with strangers, nevermind hugging them. :D But pregnancy and then motherhood pretty much cured me of the drugs; the alcohol was harder, it's just so dadgum socially acceptable. :gaah:

But the first 3 steps keep me sober for many years, while I tried to work on the others -- I knew those first three really, really worked, so the others, I could take my time and really get 'em right.

Andria

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've always preferred AA too, though my addictions were as much for drugs as for booze; there's just too damn much hugging in NA, and I don't even like shaking hands with strangers, nevermind hugging them. :D But pregnancy and then motherhood pretty much cured me of the drugs; the alcohol was harder, it's just so dadgum socially acceptable. :gaah:

But the first 3 steps keep me sober for many years, while I tried to work on the others -- I knew those first three really, really worked, so the others, I could take my time and really get 'em right.

Andria
Not to sound negative but there always seemed to be a more stable level of people in AA and better recovery although I know plenty of people in NA with a lot of time just seems to be not as many and there not as "programy" as AA. Time to get some stuff done. Everyone have a good day !

pete67

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hiya Breazy:wave: That is good news about your son.

pete67

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi Pete, been topping some of my plants, there looking good, more rain coming today. No e-mail from V3 yet on my order shipping!
That is good news about your plants. I did the same thing this morning. I haven't got a e-mail from V3 yet either. They must have really got slammed with orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors