Become a Patron!

Whiskey's CORNER #2 (#3 will be created 8-1-16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That's a LOAD of tuna, that from one of your fishing trips buddy?
Yeah, that was last year..it's funny that to fish within 12mi of the Mexican coast I need a passport..
But on that tuna trip we were about 125 mi off the Baja coast and didn't need a passport.. Just a Mexican fishing permit that's included in my ticket for that trip..don't figure, ??

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, that was last year..it's funny that to fish within 12mi of the Mexican coast I need a passport..
But on that tuna trip we were about 125 mi off the Baja coast and didn't need a passport.. Just a Mexican fishing permit that's included in my ticket for that trip..don't figure, ??

Those Mexican fish are taking jobs from American fish! VOTE TRUMP 2016!! He'll make American fish great again!!

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Those Mexican fish are taking jobs from American fish! VOTE TRUMP 2016!! He'll make American fish great again!!
Lol
But the boats I fish in Mexican waters are American out of the San Diego Sport fishing Association. That's American captains, deck hands and jobs,..don't need Trump, unless he can make the water warmer off California, like the warm tropical water off Baja that's home to tuna like this one that won the jackpot.
2b79c626f2734575706d09e1dc8d72dc.jpg
...lol

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Tonight I'm having fresh caught crappie in the oven
Lol
But the boats I fish in Mexican waters are American out of the San Diego Sport fishing Association. That's American captains, deck hands and jobs,..don't need Trump, unless he can make the water warmer off California, like the warm tropical water off Baja that's home to tuna like this one that won the jackpot.
2b79c626f2734575706d09e1dc8d72dc.jpg
...lol

Thanx Pete. I'm bodacious this evening. Just got through with salmon and slaw for dinner.
Wow was a fish diner night for many it looks like, we had it last night:inlove:

LOveWerks

Music Poet; Prose Addict; Team Supporter; Vapester
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yep, it's the lazy LW, replying to his own posts to get back into the current part of this thread.:sneaka:

I've been motel room-bound, since Liz had to leave, go to Mom's house, and take Mom's Teacup Yorkshire Terrier to the vet, as Mom had to work today.

The dog is suffering from kidney failure, and Mom has spent close to $8K to keep Annabelle going, as it was her late sister's dog.

Her niece, Liz's cousin, who has serious substance abuse problems, was caring for the dog (haphazardly - while in her care, the poor dog lost every tooth - except one) and had mentioned to Liz's younger brother that she was going to take the dog to the pound.

He took the dog from her, and called Mom. Mom has taken care of Annabelle ever since.

She's a tiny little thing, maybe 3.5 pounds. Her tongue hangs out sideways, so she's a RIOT to look at.

I'll take a picture when I see her again, and share it with everyone in this thread.

She's as cute as a button, but she's is guaranteed to bring gales of laughter. Her picture would probably go viral on Twitter, with a humourous meme like "Don't mess with me - my tooth is LETHAL."

I await Liz, and dinner. I've taken the dogs out, and they're still going stir-crazy 'cause they miss Liz. I miss her, too.

Be well, everyone - here's another pic of the house we're moving into.

LW & Liz :hug:

View attachment 51596

Yep. Same deal as yesterday. Liz, though not feeling well, had to go to Mom's to inject Annabelle with fluids.

Yours truly, the lazy LW, who replies to his previous posts to keep current in this thread, remains motel room-bound.

The reason?

Our dogs may've upset Annabelle's routine since our arrival. So, I'm by myself - with two miserable dogs, since they have to be on a leash when they are outside of the room. I have to take them out one at a time - no power chair - and, it is wearing me thin.

Next Saturday, is the closing of our new home. It is only that for keeping the 'moti' in my 'vation,' and early this morning I slipped and fell in the motel bathroom.

Irish Setter + Chow = doggy drool. My cane slipped in the drool, and I went straight down, landing on my chest.

I am sore. Yet, I must continue. Forgive Liz and I (through my writing) for not keeping up with our favorite Corner People, as things have become disjointed, and mentally tiresome. Wish us all the best, and keep us in your prayers.

I enclose yet another photo from our soon-to-be new home. Our master bedroom, with bath (bathroom not in the photo).:)

Winnipeg9-20160422-092904228-picsay.jpg

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow was a fish diner night for many it looks like, we had it last night:inlove:
Lol
Unfortunately I did not catch that tuna.. It was the heaviest fish of the trip that won the jackpot.. on this trip it was twenty bucks to enter the jackpot and the heaviest fish wins the pot..on this trip 30 guys entered the jackpot..that big tuna was worth around $600 to that lucky young man..next time it'll be me, lolol

pete67

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yep. Same deal as yesterday. Liz, though not feeling well, had to go to Mom's to inject Annabelle with fluids.

Yours truly, the lazy LW, who replies to his previous posts to keep current in this thread, remains motel room-bound.

The reason?

Our dogs may've upset Annabelle's routine since our arrival. So, I'm by myself - with two miserable dogs, since they have to be on a leash when they are outside of the room. I have to take them out one at a time - no power chair - and, it is wearing me thin.

Next Saturday, is the closing of our new home. It is only that for keeping the 'moti' in my 'vation,' and early this morning I slipped and fell in the motel bathroom.

Irish Setter + Chow = doggy drool. My cane slipped in the drool, and I went straight down, landing on my chest.

I am sore. Yet, I must continue. Forgive Liz and I (through my writing) for not keeping up with our favorite Corner People, as things have become disjointed, and mentally tiresome. Wish us all the best, and keep us in your prayers.

I enclose yet another photo from our soon-to-be new home. Our master bedroom, with bath (bathroom not in the photo).:)

View attachment 51717
You and Liz are always in our thoughts and prayers. We hope you both are doing ok. Your new house is beautiful.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The reason?

View attachment 51717
Soon you will be in your new home and you, Liz and the pups will all get settled in and start to enjoy your home. It will get better. and glad you are ok after that fall! Keep us all posted

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

The reason?

View attachment 51717
No forgiving needed @ Lovewerks and Liz we understand the busy job involved in a move like yours and all the presure that goes with it buddy. We are just thankful to see you and are sure when you both get settled in everything will return to normal. And hey your house looks beautiful my friends.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lol
Unfortunately I did not catch that tuna.. It was the heaviest fish of the trip that won the jackpot.. on this trip it was twenty bucks to enter the jackpot and the heaviest fish wins the pot..on this trip 30 guys entered the jackpot..that big tuna was worth around $600 to that lucky young man..next time it'll be me, lolol

Oh they can go for quite a bit of money.....in the near future their numbers will dwindle as many fish species are doing, makes me sad how we treat our oceans

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh they can go for quite a bit of money.....in the near future their numbers will dwindle as many fish species are doing, makes me sad how we treat our oceans
daily catch limit is now only 5 tuna taken in Mexican waters ...it's only 2 tuna taken in CA waters..it's a step in the right direction, but it's commercial fishing that probly has a bigger impact on tuna than sport fishing..

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
daily catch limit is now only 5 tuna taken in Mexican waters ...it's only 2 tuna taken in CA waters..it's a step in the right direction, but it's commercial fishing that probly has a bigger impact on tuna than sport fishing..

I've never had real fresh tuna, the stuff in the stores around here is anything but fresh it looks wilted and dried up like it has sat for months. I bet it's good.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've never had real fresh tuna, the stuff in the stores around here is anything but fresh it looks wilted and dried up like it has sat for months. I bet it's good.
On the way back to the dock I have my fish filleted by the crew...I get thick boneless skinless fillets that are great grilled on the BBQ or smoker...It is delicious and good for you too

LOveWerks

Music Poet; Prose Addict; Team Supporter; Vapester
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It's very healthy for you and NO GMO's

From a lapsed Roman Catholic who HAD to eat fish on Friday every yearly Lent, I eat fish every once in awhile.

My faves are tuna 'steaks,' cooked on a charcoal grill with Applewood smoke (from apple wood that has been thoroughly dried, and soaked in water for twenty minutes before introducing it to a HOT charcoal-fired grill; like, mesquite) - and, broiled smelt, egg-dredged and breaded with Italian bread crumbs. You can eat broiled smelt - bones, and all.

Yes, there are no GMO fish caught wild - but fish that are farmed, don't be too sure about that. That includes shrimp.

The only downside to seafood in general are the mercury and iodine levels. This is why, along with my Roman Catholic youth, I eat fish and seafood sparingly :).

Liz loves freshwater fish. If it's broiled or baked, I'll eat it. Crappie, Muskies, cutthroat trout - no problem. A bit bony, but tasty. Fried - NO WAY. It takes days of open windows to get the smell out of the house. I'm not really into fried food, anyway.

Time to take out the dogs - love yas -

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Thanks Jimi
Now on a brighter note I can sorta focus on the upcoming fishing season
f8008b049813099d021cbc2b85c5a72b.jpg
Got an appointment to apply for a passport Tuesday..still have to fill out this application but with a passport I'll be able fish multiple day trips in Mexican waters south of San Diego off the Baja coast this summer..places like Alejos Rocks and San Martin island...
db67d1f92e38df835e8ce883bf834497.jpg
43cf5b461eecf54c003b7275a03cb536.jpg

Should be a great season again this summer..

I've never really gotten the allure of fishing, but I'm pleased that you have something you enjoy so much, to distract you. And being out on a boat, on the ocean... ahhhhhhhhhh that would be grand. :D One of my fond fantasies if I ever won any of those 6-lucky-numbers, a gorgeous yacht. Though I don't even know if I could stand being on a boat on the ocean; it looks sweet anyway. :D

Andria

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've never really gotten the allure of fishing, but I'm pleased that you have something you enjoy so much, to distract you. And being out on a boat, on the ocean... ahhhhhhhhhh that would be grand. :D One of my fond fantasies if I ever won any of those 6-lucky-numbers, a gorgeous yacht. Though I don't even know if I could stand being on a boat on the ocean; it looks sweet anyway. :D

Andria
Thanks Andria
My Dad knew I loved the ocean, and fishing became a passion over my adult life...these multiple day trips are superb ..get my own stateroom, shower, all meals are included and simply the best, like prime rib and lobster....it's like a mini vacation, lol

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
From a lapsed Roman Catholic who HAD to eat fish on Friday every yearly Lent, I eat fish every once in awhile.

My faves are tuna 'steaks,' cooked on a charcoal grill with Applewood smoke (from apple wood that has been thoroughly dried, and soaked in water for twenty minutes before introducing it to a HOT charcoal-fired grill; like, mesquite) - and, broiled smelt, egg-dredged and breaded with Italian bread crumbs. You can eat broiled smelt - bones, and all.

Yes, there are no GMO fish caught wild - but fish that are farmed, don't be too sure about that. That includes shrimp.

The only downside to seafood in general are the mercury and iodine levels. This is why, along with my Roman Catholic youth, I eat fish and seafood sparingly :).

Liz loves freshwater fish. If it's broiled or baked, I'll eat it. Crappie, Muskies, cutthroat trout - no problem. A bit bony, but tasty. Fried - NO WAY. It takes days of open windows to get the smell out of the house. I'm not really into fried food, anyway.

Time to take out the dogs - love yas -

I can't eat fried fish of any kind anymore because I am practicing alternative cancer diet. I just had baked crappie tonight , all my fish now is fresh water caught .:):):)

CaveCanem

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Haven't seen @CaveCanem here lately
Hi Jimi my friend! I'm still around, lol. I try to catch up every day, to see how everyone is doing, but haven't posted. I'm job hunting and getting really discouraged, so I'm kind of keeping to myself......don't want to be Debbie Downer, lol. It was very sweet of you to think of me Jimi, it made my day :inlove:I hope you're feeling better every day and get back on that good streak you had going! I've been jotting down your gardening tips and appreciate you sharing your expertise! I hope all of the corner folks are doing well....happy, healthy and staying out of trouble ;)

pete67

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi Jimi my friend! I'm still around, lol. I try to catch up every day, to see how everyone is doing, but haven't posted. I'm job hunting and getting really discouraged, so I'm kind of keeping to myself......don't want to be Debbie Downer, lol. It was very sweet of you to think of me Jimi, it made my day :inlove:I hope you're feeling better every day and get back on that good streak you had going! I've been jotting down your gardening tips and appreciate you sharing your expertise! I hope all of the corner folks are doing well....happy, healthy and staying out of trouble ;)
Hiya Cave. Good to see you again. Good luck on the job hunting:wave:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's sooo good to see you. Post up more often sometimes it helps to vent and we all understand and are here for you. We miss you!!! And would love to cheer you up!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors