Become a Patron!

Whiskey's CORNER #2 (#3 will be created 8-1-16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaveCanem

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Cv knocking on with my peeps from Vegas. This is me....
eaba58d6cb13488c7f40dba164bc2f18.jpg

I fell off a curb. Sprained both ankles. Not even drunk, just not paying attention. This really sucks but at least it's at the end of the trip and not the beginning.

Edit:: still got my vape in my hand though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Aww Kimber, I'm sorry. BOTH ankles? You were having such a ball, I'm sorry this happened and yes it sucks! Feel better soon!

CaveCanem

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hiya Cave. Good to see you again. Good luck on the job hunting:wave:
Hi pete! Thanks for the good wishes, appreciate it! I thought with 25 years experience in my field I wouldn't have too much trouble finding a job, but I'm finding employers are hiring kids with little to no experience so they don't have to PAY for that expertise. What's alarming is that in my field inexperience can lead to catastrophic results, but employers only worry about the bottom line. Too old to hire, too young (and poor) to retire.....

CaveCanem

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It's sooo good to see you. Post up more often sometimes it helps to vent and we all understand and are here for you. We miss you!!! And would love to cheer you up!!!
It's so nice to chat with you Jimi! You all cheer me up everyday when I read your posts! This is just a good group of people, truly. Just by being here and being yourselves you make me laugh and get me outside of my "problems" and that's a good thing!! Thanks for letting me into your lives, you've all become important to me.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It's so nice to chat with you Jimi! You all cheer me up everyday when I read your posts! This is just a good group of people, truly. Just by being here and being yourselves you make me laugh and get me outside of my "problems" and that's a good thing!! Thanks for letting me into your lives, you've all become important to me.
We all do this for each other it helps us all to get through the struggle of life. Glad to have you in the corner family my dear friend, and again sooo good to see you!!!!!!!!!

LOveWerks

Music Poet; Prose Addict; Team Supporter; Vapester
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I can't eat fried fish of any kind anymore because I am practicing alternative cancer diet. I just had baked crappie tonight , all my fish now is fresh water caught .:):):)

@Jimi, my bout with cancer was caught early back in the early-to-mid nineties, and I'm still tested every third month on my blood workups.

Liz had cervical cancer. Her battle was a bit longer than mine - but, then again, once you've had it - you remain under 'physician scrutiny.'

Liz and I are fervent #Team Jimi supporters. The hairstyle that I currently 'sport' came from my own cancer experience.

So, keep up with your baked crappie, and other freshwater fish. If you ever need to vent, PM away - Liz and I were both members of the MediPort crowd. We've been blessed. Aside from losing Liz's daughter to the Big C in 2014, and my father in '06 - you are still here with us, Jimi, and the fight for this disease is all within your mindset. KEEP MENTALLY STRONG.

We're rooting for ya, pal -

LW & Liz :hug:

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Fixed the random oil leak and no tach issue on the bike in one fell swoop in about 3 min.... it was a stupid issue. The tach cable came out of the freakin motor. So id get a few drops of oil out of the hole and it would run down to this one head bolt. Making me think at first thought, head gasket. Derp. Atleast it was as simple as put it in the hole.... weather was freakin great today. So nice and warm. Got home from work (drove to work) grabed my helmet and threw on a leather jacket and went. Filled the tank up and i plan on riding in tomorrow. (Cars got absolutly no gas in it so its not much of a choice) and sunday i have off, and i got a tube of rtv in my under seat cubby (along with a bottle of lucas and a stubby snapon screw driver) so i plan on taking the valve cover off and getting the valves adjusted so my 3rd cylinder works 100% work still sucked dick (i need my csm back to hell sith his broken leg ill buy him the fucking stool) but its over now. And the bright side i get to do it all over again tomorrow....

pete67

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hi pete! Thanks for the good wishes, appreciate it! I thought with 25 years experience in my field I wouldn't have too much trouble finding a job, but I'm finding employers are hiring kids with little to no experience so they don't have to PAY for that expertise. What's alarming is that in my field inexperience can lead to catastrophic results, but employers only worry about the bottom line. Too old to hire, too young (and poor) to retire.....
You are right, they don't want to hire someone with experience. It is sad when they won't hire older experienced people.

Hottvapz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fixed the random oil leak and no tach issue on the bike in one fell swoop in about 3 min.... it was a stupid issue. The tach cable came out of the freakin motor. So id get a few drops of oil out of the hole and it would run down to this one head bolt. Making me think at first thought, head gasket. Derp. Atleast it was as simple as put it in the hole.... weather was freakin great today. So nice and warm. Got home from work (drove to work) grabed my helmet and threw on a leather jacket and went. Filled the tank up and i plan on riding in tomorrow. (Cars got absolutly no gas in it so its not much of a choice) and sunday i have off, and i got a tube of rtv in my under seat cubby (along with a bottle of lucas and a stubby snapon screw driver) so i plan on taking the valve cover off and getting the valves adjusted so my 3rd cylinder works 100% work still sucked dick (i need my csm back to hell sith his broken leg ill buy him the fucking stool) but its over now. And the bright side i get to do it all over again tomorrow....
Um k

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Um k

Exactly. I am a master of talking in circles. I can take a two word sentence and stretch the piss out of it while not adding any substence to it. I can talk for hours about nothing at all while staying relivant the whole time, for the un aimed arrow never misses. But thats a story for another place and time, and the place is not here and the time, not now.

So on that bombshell, goodnight!

pete67

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Exactly. I am a master of talking in circles. I can take a two word sentence and stretch the piss out of it while not adding any substence to it. I can talk for hours about nothing at all while staying relivant the whole time, for the un aimed arrow never misses. But thats a story for another place and time, and the place is not here and the time, not now.

Good night Boat. Rest well my friend.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The good part is you will be well enough familiar with that bike before you sell it. A big Harley would get you killed in about a block. Age don't have shit to do with it.

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
@Jimi, my bout with cancer was caught early back in the early-to-mid nineties, and I'm still tested every third month on my blood workups.

Liz had cervical cancer. Her battle was a bit longer than mine - but, then again, once you've had it - you remain under 'physician scrutiny.'

Liz and I are fervent #Team Jimi supporters. The hairstyle that I currently 'sport' came from my own cancer experience.

So, keep up with your baked crappie, and other freshwater fish. If you ever need to vent, PM away - Liz and I were both members of the MediPort crowd. We've been blessed. Aside from losing Liz's daughter to the Big C in 2014, and my father in '06 - you are still here with us, Jimi, and the fight for this disease is all within your mindset. KEEP MENTALLY STRONG.

We're rooting for ya, pal -

LW & Liz :hug:
Thank @LOveWerks and Liz it's the wonderful friends here that help give me that extra drive of encouragement to keep fighting harder If this does take me it's not going to be without one heck of a fight my friend.

Hottvapz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank @LOveWerks and Liz it's the wonderful friends here that help give me that extra drive of encouragement to keep fighting harder If this does take me it's not going to be without one heck of a fight my friend.
My quote of the day. When life gives you lemons make orange juice and let everyone wonder how you did it.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I rode in that boat many of my last working years I think my name is carved in the 3 seat ,second row. It sucks immensely , then they are to stupid to realize the problem is themselves

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Good night Boat my friend see ya tomorrow

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like this, you might too. FDA has bit off more than they can chew. What gives you, the right hey you, to stand there & tell me what to do. Who you gave you the power to stop me from livin' like I do? Remember if you want to stay, those that give can take away. Don't bite the hand that feeds you. Fuck the FDA. :shades:Screenshot (28).png

Hottvapz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like this, you might too. FDA has bit off more than they can chew. What gives you, the right hey you, to stand there & tell me what to do. Who you gave you the power to stop me from livin' like I do? Remember if you want to stay, those that give can take away. Don't bite the hand that feeds you. Fuck the FDA. :shades:View attachment 51726
That was great

kimber

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Aww Kimber, I'm sorry. BOTH ankles? You were having such a ball, I'm sorry this happened and yes it sucks! Feel better soon!
Thanks CC.
Going to take a short break back in a while my feet are killing me.
Me too Jimi,,, me too. Two ice packs on two black ankles

Don't know if I'll get a chance to check in tomorrow. 5 hour plane trip and then a 4 hour drive to get home. Won't get to my own bed til about 3am. Ugh. Gonna be a long one.

Have a good night to those that are left and a great day tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors