Become a Patron!

Whiskey's CORNER #2 (#3 will be created 8-1-16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
c4078987697d1d6e863b35bbe8c70fee.jpg

So who's bringing me some?

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Every year without fail I go to my favorite meat department & have a 2" T Bone cut on my B day. I grill it with a baked potato. Stuff it with crisp Bacon, cheese, sour crème, chives & munch down like a King. Fuck Rabbit food. Takes me two days to eat it all. When the day comes I can't do that, dig a hole, drop my ass in it & add dirt. :inlove:

That actually is a really good idea; we haven't grilled out yet this year, and if we're gonna spend good money for a birthday meal, I'd far rather spend it on great steaks, than pay the same money to someone, to serve me mediocre food! Or have to tip them, as if I'm thanking them for serving me mediocre food! :facepalm:

But I actually really love "rabbit food," a good salad is one of my FAVORITE things, so maybe we'll grab a head of lettuce too; got all the other fixins to make a really great salad. :) And it would really CRUNCH, unlike that wilted shit they serve at restaurants!

Andria

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
efe241d5e504bfaaa1e304ce66e599eb.jpg
good fishing from our local piers lately..like this seabass that broke off and got away ..fun while it lasted, lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Nice fish, too bad, reminds me when I was a kid in the 60's. My family was in Atlantic City NJ for the summer, I went out with my dad for a half day on Capt. Starns boat and caught 130 of those fish, good memories, sold most of them to a restaurant for a buck a fish.

midknight420

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice fish, too bad, reminds me when I was a kid in the 60's. My family was in Atlantic City NJ for the summer, I went out with my dad for a half day on Capt. Starns boat and caught 130 of those fish, good memories, sold most of them to a restaurant for a buck a fish.
That was good money in the 60's too

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks
black seabass can get up to 150lbs or so..that one was juvenile and probably weighed around 15 to 20 pounds. A lot of fun on 12 pound test and a baitcasting reel, and the pier is about 15' up from the water..we had a net on a rope in the water but I couldn't turn him toward the net before he broke off..guess it's why they call it fishin' and not catchin', lol

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks
black seabass can get up to 150lbs or so..that one was juvenile and probably weighed around 15 to 20 pounds. A lot of fun on 12 pound test and a baitcasting reel, and the pier is about 15' up from the water..we had a net on a rope in the water but I couldn't turn him toward the net before he broke off..guess it's why they call it fishin' and not catchin', lol

Your fishing the Pacific? Atlantic Sea Bass, a 6-7 pounder would be big.

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Got the valves all adjusted. Thing runs alot better. Took it for a good long ride. Only thing left is i need new piston rings. Gettin some blow by in cylinder 3 along with some piston slap.

kimber

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Afternoon my friends!
19d2fc344e2be4b7eb12eb583355d32d.jpg

Nothing broken. Little sprain on the left, badly torn ligaments on the right but nothing broken, thank goodness!! No new job for me this week but I'll get a brace for that right one and be able to start next week. Thankfully my new boss is willing to wait for me. I've never had crutches in my life and I must say they're a total pain in the ass! But if I want these things to heal I guess I better use em. How in heavens name am I gonna get all this laundry done after being away for a week??? And I was so looking forward to home cooked food too

Happy birthday Andria! I hope you have a great day

I've missed you all this past week. I waved at you last night on my way through your town last night Whiskey but it was awful late. We saw about 20 deer on the roads home and a moose!!! An actual moose!! I've never seen one,, they are enormous! Too bad nobody had a camera out.

I hope you guys are all doing well. I'm gonna go read up on this mod envy thing that's going on. And I need to shop for a new mod for a friend that wants to upgrade. Hey, I've got nothing but time right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Your fishing the Pacific? Atlantic Sea Bass, a 6-7 pounder would be big.
Yep, water off San Diego here where I live..several species of seabass thrive here
9d0b64ad9edbb6d001d7e2ec8a53e6a8.jpg
the biggest is the black seabass seen here
8266a80cf7e69f052c9be333eebab9d0.jpg
and the white seabass seen in this pic..but we have kelp, calico, and sand bass that are common up to to 12-18lbs or so...
411a1a0070db21c68f42d0049573d49f.jpg
. Saltwater bass fishing is great year round here..from boat or pier..fresh boneless skinless thick fillets dipped in a beer batter recipe and deep fried is soo good! Makes me hungry to even think about it, lol

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep, water off San Diego here where I live..several species of seabass thrive here
9d0b64ad9edbb6d001d7e2ec8a53e6a8.jpg
the biggest is the black seabass seen here
8266a80cf7e69f052c9be333eebab9d0.jpg
and the white seabass seen in this pic..but we have kelp, calico, and sand bass that are common up to to 12-18lbs or so...
411a1a0070db21c68f42d0049573d49f.jpg
. Saltwater bass fishing is great year round here..from boat or pier..fresh boneless skinless thick fillets dipped in a beer batter recipe and deep fried is soo good! Makes me hungry to even think about it, lol

Nice fish, I like smoked over Cherry wood then flour dusted and pan fried.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice fish, I like smoked over Cherry wood then flour dusted and pan fried.
Bass are good for what they are..
cce2158c5c4395c3222fa3d605745120.jpg
but nothing beats smoked Yellowfin tuna...I can eat a single 10lb fillet smoked over hickory for 3 or 4 hrs all by myself, lol
Smoked California yellowtail over Mesquite is also very very good, and healthy for me too...lol

LOveWerks

Music Poet; Prose Addict; Team Supporter; Vapester
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hello, happy Corner Folk. You will not believe what Liz and I got for a late wedding gift yesterday... :bliss:

I'll cut to the chase:

$5,000.00 worth of furniture for the new house! :stars2:

Chocolate-suede sofa and love seat (with built-in refrigerated cooler for our ubiquitous flavored water/selzer, and soft drinks, and 8 USB connectors) for the living room, with a coffee table that looks like a pirate's chest - with myriad storage areas, and fold-out table extensions (so kitsch!)

End tables (big ones) that have similar drawer hardware like the coffee table, but more modern - with rounded corners. A huge mirror straight out of Darrin and Samantha Steven's living room, with a large dark walnut wood frame instead of the gilded frame at the Steven's home on "Bewitched."

Liz and I were speechless, and wiping tears from our eyes. Yet, the shopping wasn't done. This all took place at Furniture Row in Denver - one of the largest buildings for furniture (Oak Express), mattresses (Denver Mattress), bedroom furniture (Bedroom Expressions); and, living room furniture, lighting and accessories (Sofa Mart) - that I've ever seen.

The ceiling fans beneath the nearly 100 foot high insulated roof had eight 20 foot blades. :sad:

We weren't done. After looking at a bedroom suite that was white, with a soft grey leather insert in a four-foot tall headboard with mirror borders (the mirror borders were on ALL of the bedroom furniture), I said to Liz: "I wish that my brother George was here... where's my grand piano and candelabra?" She scowled and said, "You don't like this."

I replied, "The late pianist Liberace would." Her mother started laughing so hard, you could here the echoes crossing the huge expanse of this store. A salesman, Sam, came walking up on cue: "I'm Sam. Do you like this suite?"

My mother-in-law and broke out laughing again. Once she collected herself, she pulled an ad from her purse, and said:

"Sam, this one on sale is the one I'm interested in. Would you bring us to it?" She winked at me, as if to say that she agreed with me.

Sam showed us the bedroom suite. It was super nice, dark walnut with beige-colored inlays. Plus, I was able to get my own bureau. What... a... gift, from Mom. LED swag lamps, and I'll get to help design the rooms - of course, Liz will have the final say. We have to get a new prep island for the kitchen, too.

I'm exhausted, but very, very happy. We're overwhelmed, and ecstatic. Just wanted to share.:stars:

LW & Liz :hug:

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bass are good for what they are..
cce2158c5c4395c3222fa3d605745120.jpg
but nothing beats smoked Yellowfin tuna...I can eat a single 10lb fillet smoked over hickory for 3 or 4 hrs all by myself, lol
Smoked California yellowtail over Mesquite is also very very good, and healthy for me too...lol

I'm going to have fish for dinner, I have a strange craving, a Salomon filet grilled.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm going to have fish for dinner, I have a strange craving, a Salomon filet grilled.
That sounds good! Had grilled salmon up in Washington State visiting my brother last year..he goes fishing on Puget Sound for Silver and King salmon every season....sticks a chest freezer full of fillets usually..but fresh grilled salmon is good stuff, enjoy :)

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That sounds good! Had grilled salmon up in Washington State visiting my brother last year..he goes fishing on Puget Sound for Silver and King salmon every season....sticks a chest freezer full of fillets usually..but fresh grilled salmon is good stuff, enjoy :)

I suffer from low good cholesterol, so salmon is in my diet quite often.

pete67

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hello, happy Corner Folk. You will not believe what Liz and I got for a late wedding gift yesterday... :bliss:

I'll cut to the chase:

$5,000.00 worth of furniture for the new house! :stars2:

Chocolate-suede sofa and love seat (with built-in refrigerated cooler for our ubiquitous flavored water/selzer, and soft drinks, and 8 USB connectors) for the living room, with a coffee table that looks like a pirate's chest - with myriad storage areas, and fold-out table extensions (so kitsch!)

End tables (big ones) that have similar drawer hardware like the coffee table, but more modern - with rounded corners. A huge mirror straight out of Darrin and Samantha Steven's living room, with a large dark walnut wood frame instead of the gilded frame at the Steven's home on "Bewitched."

Liz and I were speechless, and wiping tears from our eyes. Yet, the shopping wasn't done. This all took place at Furniture Row in Denver - one of the largest buildings for furniture (Oak Express), mattresses (Denver Mattress), bedroom furniture (Bedroom Expressions); and, living room furniture, lighting and accessories (Sofa Mart) - that I've ever seen.

The ceiling fans beneath the nearly 100 foot high insulated roof had eight 20 foot blades. :sad:

We weren't done. After looking at a bedroom suite that was white, with a soft grey leather insert in a four-foot tall headboard with mirror borders (the mirror borders were on ALL of the bedroom furniture), I said to Liz: "I wish that my brother George was here... where's my grand piano and candelabra?" She scowled and said, "You don't like this."

I replied, "The late pianist Liberace would." Her mother started laughing so hard, you could here the echoes crossing the huge expanse of this store. A salesman, Sam, came walking up on cue: "I'm Sam. Do you like this suite?"

My mother-in-law and broke out laughing again. Once she collected herself, she pulled an ad from her purse, and said:

"Sam, this one on sale is the one I'm interested in. Would you bring us to it?" She winked at me, as if to say that she agreed with me.

Sam showed us the bedroom suite. It was super nice, dark walnut with beige-colored inlays. Plus, I was able to get my own bureau. What... a... gift, from Mom. LED swag lamps, and I'll get to help design the rooms - of course, Liz will have the final say. We have to get a new prep island for the kitchen, too.

I'm exhausted, but very, very happy. We're overwhelmed, and ecstatic. Just wanted to share.:stars:

LW & Liz :hug:
Congrats on your late wedding gift. Couldn't have come at a better time.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think most all saltwater fish we catch down here are good for my overall health..
I get lab results back from the VA that says my cholesterol levels are healthy. But I do eat a lot of fresh fish that's grilled, baked or smoked..(Its one of the benefits of going fishing) I don't eat bacon, ham or red meat and the steaks I like are well done..I try to stay away from fast food too but sometimes I get one of those Market Fresh Sandwiches from Arby's, lol
I don't eat fries anymore and usually stay away from soda pop ordering a vanilla shake instead..but yeah, I'm watching what I eat more these days.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors