Become a Patron!

Whiskey's CORNER #2 (#3 will be created 8-1-16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think most all saltwater fish we catch down here are good for my overall health..
I get lab results back from the VA that says my cholesterol levels are healthy. But I do eat a lot of fresh fish that's grilled, baked or smoked..(Its one of the benefits of going fishing) I don't eat bacon, ham or red meat and the steaks I like are well done..I try to stay away from fast food too but sometimes I get one of those Market Fresh Sandwiches from Arby's, lol
I don't eat fries anymore and usually stay away from soda pop ordering a vanilla shake instead..but yeah, I'm watching what I eat more these days.. :)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Pretty much the same diet for me, I do like some bacon occasionally!

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I saw the Ex. Good thing I'm a heartless Bastard. Time has not been good for either one of them. She looks like a new species of Whale, & He just looks panty whipped. She told me when he went to tinkle, she still loves me & if I had just stopped drinkin' & riding Motorcycles we would still be together. I waved them good by after I opened a fresh beer, & sat side saddle on my Motorcycle. He has to go to a Doctor. Didn't ask why. An old song came to mind tho, Thank God & Greyhound she's gone. Been a good day so far. :shades:

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I saw the Ex. Good thing I'm a heartless Bastard. Time has not been good for either one of them. She looks like a new species of Whale, & He just looks panty whipped. She told me when he went to tinkle, she still loves me & if I had just stopped drinkin' & riding Motorcycles we would still be together. I waved them good by after I opened a fresh beer, & sat side saddle on my Motorcycle. He has to go to a Doctor. Didn't ask why. An old song came to mind tho, Thank God & Greyhound she's gone. Been a good day so far. :shades:
I feel bad for him...she is still "What If'ing".

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I just pictured this scene...

bye_zpsmh43hci5.jpg

And I laughed.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't think I could give up oysters....
Funny you should say that..I ate fresh oysters on the half shell alot when I lived in LA and FL (drove a 18 wheeler)..but really miss them moving out here to CA..as good as the fishing is here we don't have oysters, but I got used to enjoying an occasional lobster instead, lol

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I eat cheese, that's the only non-plant-based food I eat. I don't do it because I don't like killing animals or anything, for me it is strictly health related.
Our philosophy is that we do not believe that it is necessary for an animal to die for our diet. Granted, fish are animals, but we do not believe that they feel pain, and are seconds from being eaten anyway. On the other hand, we also understand that everyone has the right to eat whatever they please, and stress that our choice is OURS, and not in any way meant to be a statement for anyone else.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I had a part-time job for several years, when my ex developed a benign tumor in his brainstem that affected his sleeping/waking cycle -- I'd call him every morning and holler at him for 30-60 minutes to get him awake enough to go to work, until he finally got so bad he got permanent disability -- I was the perfect candidate for the job, because anger makes your body secrete adrenaline, which wakes you up, and apparently I can make him angrier than any other human on the planet. :giggle::devil: Of course, he has the same effect on me, and 2 or 3 days out of every 5, right after I hung up from the ex, I'd call the husband at work and express my gratitude to be married to him and not the ex any longer. :D

Andria

CaveCanem

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hello, happy Corner Folk. You will not believe what Liz and I got for a late wedding gift yesterday... :bliss:

I'll cut to the chase:

$5,000.00 worth of furniture for the new house! :stars2:

Chocolate-suede sofa and love seat (with built-in refrigerated cooler for our ubiquitous flavored water/selzer, and soft drinks, and 8 USB connectors) for the living room, with a coffee table that looks like a pirate's chest - with myriad storage areas, and fold-out table extensions (so kitsch!)

End tables (big ones) that have similar drawer hardware like the coffee table, but more modern - with rounded corners. A huge mirror straight out of Darrin and Samantha Steven's living room, with a large dark walnut wood frame instead of the gilded frame at the Steven's home on "Bewitched."

Liz and I were speechless, and wiping tears from our eyes. Yet, the shopping wasn't done. This all took place at Furniture Row in Denver - one of the largest buildings for furniture (Oak Express), mattresses (Denver Mattress), bedroom furniture (Bedroom Expressions); and, living room furniture, lighting and accessories (Sofa Mart) - that I've ever seen.

The ceiling fans beneath the nearly 100 foot high insulated roof had eight 20 foot blades. :sad:

We weren't done. After looking at a bedroom suite that was white, with a soft grey leather insert in a four-foot tall headboard with mirror borders (the mirror borders were on ALL of the bedroom furniture), I said to Liz: "I wish that my brother George was here... where's my grand piano and candelabra?" She scowled and said, "You don't like this."

I replied, "The late pianist Liberace would." Her mother started laughing so hard, you could here the echoes crossing the huge expanse of this store. A salesman, Sam, came walking up on cue: "I'm Sam. Do you like this suite?"

My mother-in-law and broke out laughing again. Once she collected herself, she pulled an ad from her purse, and said:

"Sam, this one on sale is the one I'm interested in. Would you bring us to it?" She winked at me, as if to say that she agreed with me.

Sam showed us the bedroom suite. It was super nice, dark walnut with beige-colored inlays. Plus, I was able to get my own bureau. What... a... gift, from Mom. LED swag lamps, and I'll get to help design the rooms - of course, Liz will have the final say. We have to get a new prep island for the kitchen, too.

I'm exhausted, but very, very happy. We're overwhelmed, and ecstatic. Just wanted to share.:stars:

LW & Liz :hug:
Congratulations LW & Liz!! What an amazing gift! It all sounds really beautiful, and I hope you and Liz are truly happy in your new home!

CaveCanem

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Hello all. Slept later than usual but took off of work today. Been sick a few days and finally going to rest and try to get well. After I go and get some meds from mom that is. That woman seems to have everything LOL

I'm not crazy, my mother had me tested.
Feel better soon midknight, and GET SOME REST.....you work too hard!!

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had a part-time job for several years, when my ex developed a benign tumor in his brainstem that affected his sleeping/waking cycle -- I'd call him every morning and holler at him for 30-60 minutes to get him awake enough to go to work, until he finally got so bad he got permanent disability -- I was the perfect candidate for the job, because anger makes your body secrete adrenaline, which wakes you up, and apparently I can make him angrier than any other human on the planet. :giggle::devil: Of course, he has the same effect on me, and 2 or 3 days out of every 5, right after I hung up from the ex, I'd call the husband at work and express my gratitude to be married to him and not the ex any longer. :D

Andria
Just got back from an un needed beer run. I wish Her & Her Hubby all the best. I do believe how you live determines what you will be. Hope He is happy with her. I'm happy I'm not. I would rather be alone, that miserable 24/7. I do think they remind me of that painting of the old man & woman holding a pitchfork. :shades:

CaveCanem

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Afternoon my friends!
19d2fc344e2be4b7eb12eb583355d32d.jpg

Nothing broken. Little sprain on the left, badly torn ligaments on the right but nothing broken, thank goodness!! No new job for me this week but I'll get a brace for that right one and be able to start next week. Thankfully my new boss is willing to wait for me. I've never had crutches in my life and I must say they're a total pain in the ass! But if I want these things to heal I guess I better use em. How in heavens name am I gonna get all this laundry done after being away for a week??? And I was so looking forward to home cooked food too

Happy birthday Andria! I hope you have a great day

I've missed you all this past week. I waved at you last night on my way through your town last night Whiskey but it was awful late. We saw about 20 deer on the roads home and a moose!!! An actual moose!! I've never seen one,, they are enormous! Too bad nobody had a camera out.

I hope you guys are all doing well. I'm gonna go read up on this mod envy thing that's going on. And I need to shop for a new mod for a friend that wants to upgrade. Hey, I've got nothing but time right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
OUCH!! Glad you're home safe Kimber, and nothing is broken! Hopefully they'll give you one of those brace/bootie thingys, they really help. Rest up and DON'T push yourself too much, k?

CaveCanem

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Andria
Happy Birthday Andria! :stars2: Hope you had/have a fantabulous day, and have that steak girl!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors