Become a Patron!

Whiskey's CORNER #2 (#3 will be created 8-1-16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good morning Mark, Jimi & Hott:)
tumblr_ntf9z62Ty01sijyd6o1_1280_zps92p6iiw5.jpg

LOveWerks

Music Poet; Prose Addict; Team Supporter; Vapester
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ehhh whatever. Live and learn. I ain't dead and my knuckles are fucked up so I At least got two good punches in before they kicked my ass.

@Boattlebot... I used to ride a Kowalski :D 1100 that would ABSOLUTELY blow any Harley Davidson off of the road in the mid-eighties, and my last bike was an OHC HD Road King (2006). Two different bike styles, and two different states of mind...

There was a biker bar I played acoustic music at in Va. Beach in the late '70s - early '80s called "Bullfeather's" on 15th Street... during breaks from college, to make extra money.

The bike I rode then was a Honda 350 4 cylinder. When I parked my bike out front to meet with one of the owners about scheduling some gigs... he said, "Ya know I like you, son - you're a cool cat with all our customers, but, I'll warn ya - you park that rice burner out front, you're gonna find it knocked over, or worse. Bring your car - you can park in our lot offa 14th." That was then...

Boat, the one thing a guy never does is insult a grizzled-looking Harley rider's 'old lady.' Especially if you're on a Japanese bike. If that rider insulted my Japanese bike, I would've said, "Yeah. I know. Maybe one day, when I can afford it, I'll get a Sporty 883."

The dude would've either kept running his mouth, or - he may have even bought you a 'round.' Alcohol affects people differently, so I'm glad you survived the '@$$-whoopin'.'

I've been a tribute in two biker clubs, and I know of two important rules that kept me out of harm's way:

Rule #1 - Don't take **** from anyone. Stand your ground with your fists, not a 9 mm.

Rule #2 - Don't talk a lot. Do a lot of listening, and speak when you're spoken to. This earns respect.

Off to another subject...

Our new home is OURS (or, the mortgage company's, even though we made a substantial five-figure down payment from the sale of our NC home and property)!!

:stars::stars2::hearts::stars2::confetti::stars::hearts::bunny::stars2:

The keys are in our hands. We pick up our rental truck today; it's ours until Tuesday, 9 AM. In about 45 minutes, we're checking out of the motel. We've been here for over three weeks; the dogs have been stressed, and so have we. Liz watched a car with Texas license plates hit a parked car, while the driver was texting. They took off, but Liz got the license plate numbers, and called the front desk. More than likely, nothing was done about it - as it is Memorial Day weekend, and there are plethora 'carnies' checked in.

They've got pieces and parts of their amusement park rides out in the front street, where OTR truckers usually park. I've gotten three hours of sleep. Tonight, we spend the night at my mother-in-law's, in cramped quarters. This morning, we're all going to breakfast.

What a journey. We're the last batter in the ninth inning right now. Sunday will be our first night in our new home. I will post all of the trip pictures, and pictures of our new place. PINCH US!

LW & Liz :hug:

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Boattlebot... I used to ride a Kowalski :D 1100 that would ABSOLUTELY blow any Harley Davidson off of the road in the mid-eighties, and my last bike was an OHC HD Road King (2006). Two different bike styles, and two different states of mind...

There was a biker bar I played acoustic music at in Va. Beach in the late '70s - early '80s called "Bullfeather's" on 15th Street... during breaks from college, to make extra money.

The bike I rode then was a Honda 350 4 cylinder. When I parked my bike out front to meet with one of the owners about scheduling some gigs... he said, "Ya know I like you, son - you're a cool cat with all our customers, but, I'll warn ya - you park that rice burner out front, you're gonna find it knocked over, or worse. Bring your car - you can park in our lot offa 14th." That was then...

Boat, the one thing a guy never does is insult a grizzled-looking Harley rider's 'old lady.' Especially if you're on a Japanese bike. If that rider insulted my Japanese bike, I would've said, "Yeah. I know. Maybe one day, when I can afford it, I'll get a Sporty 883."

The dude would've either kept running his mouth, or - he may have even bought you a 'round.' Alcohol affects people differently, so I'm glad you survived the '@$$-whoopin'.'

I've been a tribute in two biker clubs, and I know of two important rules that kept me out of harm's way:

Rule #1 - Don't take **** from anyone. Stand your ground with your fists, not a 9 mm.

Rule #2 - Don't talk a lot. Do a lot of listening, and speak when you're spoken to. This earns respect.

Off to another subject...

Our new home is OURS (or, the mortgage company's, even though we made a substantial five-figure down payment from the sale of our NC home and property)!!

:stars::stars2::hearts::stars2::confetti::stars::hearts::bunny::stars2:

The keys are in our hands. We pick up our rental truck today; it's ours until Tuesday, 9 AM. In about 45 minutes, we're checking out of the motel. We've been here for over three weeks; the dogs have been stressed, and so have we. Liz watched a car with Texas license plates hit a parked car, while the driver was texting. They took off, but Liz got the license plate numbers, and called the front desk. More than likely, nothing was done about it - as it is Memorial Day weekend, and there are plethora 'carnies' checked in.

They got pieces and parts of their amusement park rides out in the front street, where OTR truckers usually park. I've gotten three hours of sleep. Tonight, we spend the night at my mother-in-law's, in cramped quarters. This morning, we're all going to breakfast.

What a journey. We're the last batter in the ninth inning right now. Sunday will be our first night in our new home. I will post all of the trip pictures, and pictures of our new place. PINCH US!

Congrats !

LOveWerks

Music Poet; Prose Addict; Team Supporter; Vapester
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@Breazy_Com, we're in the Rockies. This is the first time I've got a permanent residence that isn't on the East Coast.

Hope S. is doing well. Our thoughts and prayers go out to you and yours,

Good morning, everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors