Become a Patron!

Whiskey's CORNER #2 (#3 will be created 8-1-16)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IDJoel

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Nahhh, Everyone has their own pace, here's a start.....what type of gear do you have and where are you from? I am a dog therapy person and we have our own business with real estate appraisals:)
54 year old man, living in Idaho, born in Cupertino CA, grew up in La Mesa CA, been in Idaho for the last 21 years. Pretending I'm retired for the last 4 years but need to start to think about a part-time job (at least) in the near future.

Gear? Scuba? Or vape? (scuba sounds a lot more impressive... ) :giggle:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
54 year old man, living in Idaho, born in Cupertino CA, grew up in La Mesa CA, been in Idaho for the last 21 years. Pretending I'm retired for the last 4 years but need to start to think about a part-time job (at least) in the near future.

Gear? Scuba? Or vape? (scuba sounds a lot more impressive... ) :giggle:
LMAO!!! Great to have you here, Love the humor, POTATO:blowkiss:

IDJoel

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I know some guys that found U 869. They like the way I dive, I sink like a rock. :rolleyes:
Holy Crap! Those people are hard core!
I spent two weeks in the Philippines, in 78 degree water, and was getting COLD! Not to mention My "deep" was 110' for about 12 minutes (not counting the 140' bounce chasing the dive master's weights when he went chasing a "skyrocket").

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That would be "poe-TOT-oe" to you dear Lady! :D Who am I kidding; it's `tater-tots' to me!!! (all right! where the hell is the rolling on the floor emoji?!)
lol-045_zpsc55d4076.gif
:D (I like you)

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Holy Crap! Those people are hard core!
I spent two weeks in the Philippines, in 78 degree water, and was getting COLD! Not to mention My "deep" was 110' for about 12 minutes (not counting the 140' bounce chasing the dive master's weights when he went chasing a "skyrocket").
Tech is its own joy.

IDJoel

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Oh... OH... OH! Was I just given a nickname?
Tech is its own joy.
Brother; You have no idea! Actually you probably have a better idea than I do. But, diving on a rebreather, and not even hearing your usual bubbles, that is one of the coolest experiences of my life. I would wish to come back as a fish; if everything else wasn't trying to eat me!

IDJoel

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
This trip I'm getting enriched air certification and doing a couple dives. Hopefully this weekend !
NICE! I found that I got a little bump in air consumption; but got a BIG bump in recovery during surface intervals Naps were neither near as mandatory or as long. Please let me know how the corals look (bleaching?). Three years ago, in Marathon, things were kinda patchy.

Oh! And Good Morning Breazy!!

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Morning folks! Welcome, Joel. Just be you. There's a place for you here.

In other news, I am really upset with Gearbest..lol. No more Chinese orders for me. They cancelled an order I made and then sent me an email saying it will take 25 to 60 days to refund me. The charge hadn't even cleared yet. So, I am disputing the charge.

I'll pay a little more for things to get them from the US.

IDJoel

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Morning folks! Welcome, Joel. Just be you. There's a place for you here.

In other news, I am really upset with Gearbest..lol. No more Chinese orders for me. They cancelled an order I made and then sent me an email saying it will take 25 to 60 days to refund me. The charge hadn't even cleared yet. So, I am disputing the charge.

I'll pay a little more for things to get them from the US.
Hi Goat! Good morning!!

That's kinda what always scared me about slowtech and their overseas kin. That and I can't stand the thought of waiting for a month or more!

I hope you get satisfactory resolution soon!

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Goat! Good morning!!

That's kinda what always scared me about slowtech and their overseas kin. That and I can't stand the thought of waiting for a month or more!

I hope you get satisfactory resolution soon!
I've never had an issue with them. This just made me mad. I don't like to wait either but this was just a back up DNA mod that was on sale. The 25 to 60 days for a refund is insane. They took the money in seconds but I have to wait for them when they cancel? No thanks.

IDJoel

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Anything above130 is neat. Below that is stupid. Im stupid.
Agreed! There isn't anything I can see at 120' that I can see at 80'. I will leave the deep stuff to the professional/tech divers! (The 140' bounce was a one-off AND STUPID! I chased $5 worth of lead against my life (and those that might have felt obligated to chase after me).

Man, you guys/gals post fast!.... sorry this is out of sequence.

IDJoel

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've never had an issue with them. This just made me mad. I don't like to wait either but this was just a back up DNA mod that was on sale. The 25 to 60 days for a refund is insane. They took the money in seconds but I have to wait for them when they cancel? No thanks.
I used to work for a "big box" home improvement store. Their standard policy on a debit card refund (debit mind you... where you already had funds backing up the purchase) was thirty (30) days! In-state/local/out-of-state; didn't matter. All they cared about was getting your 30 day interest (along with another 250,000 customers THAT DAY).
That 1/10 of a penny looks like zilch until you stack six or seven more zeros on it (every day). TAH DAH!!

OK... :soapbox: climbing down now... (slinking away}

IDJoel

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Haha never was a cool kid. More of a trouble maker, but I'm cute so I get away with it
OK. Seriously... WHERE THE HECK IS THE ROLF EMOJI?! (And Whiskey; I am not asking to give you another chance to show off... even if this is your thread :giggle:)

I was just dorky and didn't fit in with any of the cliques. Today I could have my own sit-com. Of course it would be no funnier (funnier: that a word?) than today's sitcoms.

Good God... when did the bar get so low? :bomb:

always9988

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK. Seriously... WHERE THE HECK IS THE ROLF EMOJI?! (And Whiskey; I am not asking to give you another chance to show off... even if this is your thread :giggle:)

I was just dorky and didn't fit in with any of the cliques. Today I could have my own sit-com. Of course it would be no funnier (funnier: that a word?) than today's sitcoms.

We don't have one we lost it a while ago. 9 times out of 10 I'm here on my phone so I'm using the iPhone emojis instead of forum ones

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Man. Sadness right now. Sister tells me Mom is about 90 pounds now, Dad can hardly breathe and they won't ever leave NY. So. I am going to move back. I have to get my ducks in a row first. Probably next month. I will get a nice apartment somewhere close, probably South Hampton, and be there for them daily. I could go back to the house but selling it is on the horizon and they want to get a condo. I'm also too old to live with my parents. Lol. I wish they would leave NY but I knew that was coming. Somewhere in the back of my mind I knew, even though Dad seemed receptive to the idea. He's a life long NY'er. I've lived everywhere. He's set in his ways. He has a routine and at his age (69 in August) that's important to him. I'm an anchor tossed in a torrent. I don't need roots. I don't need a stable footing to live. Some do. He's the most grounded person I've ever met and the absolute best man I've ever known. I can't sit by and let their twilight years be as lonely as they are.

Sue is going to do travel nursing in NY and travel between KY and NY. She will stay at my place when she's in NY.

Sorry for the wall of text but I just need to let this out. I'm not very connected to anyone out in the world.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Hi Joel and welcome to the corner family, great to have you here buddy. I type slow too and get those out of place posts but we are all very understanding. Glad to see you here

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Haven't started just yet Jimi but thanks for asking. I've worked at this salon before, other than different people working there should be fine. A means to an end so I can move onto something better in the future.

How are you darlin
Oh, sorry I thought you already started, I am doing better again today, thanks for asking. How are you and the kids doing?

IDJoel

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hi Joel and welcome to the corner family, great to have you here buddy. I type slow too and get those out of place posts but we are all very understanding. Glad to see you here
Thank you Jimi (and Good Morning too Sir!)
I am glad to be seen!

I hope you are still feeling well!

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sup everybody? Haven't been around in a few days. We now have 3 cooks at work because two walked out and one got fired. Been busy busy. Trying to catch up here and there though.
Love y'all!
Better get my ass back to work now lol

sent from a dumb operated smartphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors