Become a Patron!

Whiskey's Corner#3

Status
Not open for further replies.

pete67

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Buon Giorno, Corner (good morning, good day - sono Italiano, solo qui).

Please send support, and good wishes for my wife Liz. She is on clear liquids today, no solid food - as she is heading in for a colonoscopy tomorrow AM.

I hope that her news is better than mine - when I was told 'diverticulosis,' 'more polyps,' and the need to schedule for a surgical removal, and resection. Then, the gall bladder removal (which I've delayed for a month)...

Allow me to write this: for a guy who chose to be a Liberal Arts major/minor years ago, I'm a tough nut. Even with disabilities, I refuse to give in - just as I did with cancer in the early '90s.

I have an excellent therapist, psychiatrist, and superlative medical care. I take advantage of everything provided to me in the form of psych meds (note: I take three psych prescriptions - no more - and, I won't take pills prescribed by pain management - I use LidoDerm pain patches on my lower and thoracic spine, twice daily).

I'm proactive, and positive. Many people believe that your brain literally controls your well-being. I'm one of them. Liz, however, is a delicate flower. Send her some strength. We love yas.

LW & Liz :hug:
We will have a special prayer for Liz. You and Liz are always in our prayers:hug:

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What you on?
You know me, I'm into old rebuild able, I'm using a 6 year old Asus UL50, over clocked to 3.93 on Windows 7. I installed a 7200 RPM hard drive about a year ago. Lately the screen flickers every now or then, the ribbon connector is wearing out, glad you got your new one, I have my eye on it also, I'll ask you in a month or so how you feel about it then, and go from there.

Kevin H.

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Kevin H.

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You know me, I'm into old rebuild able, I'm using a 6 year old Asus UL50, over clocked to 3.93 on Windows 7. I installed a 7200 RPM hard drive about a year ago. Lately the screen flickers every now or then, the ribbon connector is wearing out, glad you got your new one, I have my eye on it also, I'll ask you in a month or so how you feel about it then, and go from there.
Cover your ears/eyes, Whis:kickbutt:.........I read that the Surface 5 may be out next month:popcorn:.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cover your ears/eyes, Whis:kickbutt:.........I read that the Surface 5 may be out next month:popcorn:.
scratch-head03-idea-animated-animation-smiley-emoticon-000416-large_zpsdfsh13zl.gif

Kevin H.

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gotta cut outta here and head down to the hospital. Yeah......Dad's still there. The Dr.'s called his episode, congestive heart failure, and he has lung fluid again, and needs to get some things taken care of before he can go home. Then, I'm sure there'll be a few more things that he'll need to do (possible pacemaker and another lung surgery). He gets outta breath really quickly when walking, and can't get very far when he tries to walk. Time to head down there for a visit. I was there with him all day yesterday, which I think kinda lifted his spirits. Talk to y'all tomorrow......G'night everybody....

Last edited:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Gotta cut outta here and head down to the hospital. Yeah......Dad's still there. The Dr.'s called his episode, congestive heart failure, and he has lung fluid again, and needs to get some things taken care of before he can go home. Then, I'm sure there'll be a few more things that he'll need to do (possible pacemaker and another lung surgery). He gets outta breath really quickly when walking, and can't get very far when he try's to walk. Time to head down there for a visit. I was there with him all day yesterday, which I think kinda lifted his spirits. Talk to y'all tomorrow......G'night everybody....
The same exact thing MIL is dealing with, hope for the best Kev, thoughts are with you:wave:<3

LOveWerks

Music Poet; Prose Addict; Team Supporter; Vapester
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
View attachment 61443

@OneBadWolf, this photo shows you why I'm never bored. Endorphins are a wondrous thing, even though I'm disabled, and we're both AARP members. :zombie:

Liz, with the puppies and I at the dog park.

This is why the prefix of my screen name is what it is. The little girl in Liz is what keeps me ALIVE.

Wake the wife, pal. Tell her that you love her more than yourself. Enjoy the effusion of endorphins. Hold her hand. Talk. Then -

Sleep the sleep of pure peace, made from love. Be happy, brother. :wave:

Sorry about the redundant posts - I clicked the 'Other Options' radio button while I was editing the post before this one, as the photo had been a full attachment; it was too big to see on a smartphone, so I wanted to replace it with a thumbnail...

So, I ended up on the VU Captcha page - I proved that I wasn't a robot, then - I was instructed to hit the back button; when I did, I went back to the page I had been at... and -

My post had disappeared. It wasn't in the post screen, where we write things in; so, I posted the entry above for @OneBadWolf. The verbiage wasn't quite the same, and the picture was a thumbnail... yet, IT WAS REDUNDANT :crazy:.

My apologies. However, thank all of you for your patience, and your 'likes.'

Here's what I was doing, earlier:

cameringo_2016-09-13_232045.jpg Busy creating tunes, and recording them. I'm mixing down some originals, mastering them, and connecting to the computer to archive and burn them to CD. I have a song called 'The Corner.'

It's about us, vaping, and the bond that we share in an Internet forum thread. I would love to find a way to share it here, instead of posting it on YouTube from a smartphone video recording. That way, the music isn't mic'd - it's an HD, Red Book Spec .wav file recording. :hearts:

My Mastering Suite features multiband compression. This way, I can take the master recording - add equalization to add clarity, and extra 'oomph -' then, put it through the multiband stereo compressor, which will bring vocals and key instruments out in the mix, without overpowering these over the musical parts of the mix - as the compression/limiter part of of this feature makes everything in the mix 'punchy.'

Then, the overall gain of the master gets boosted, so that the final recording meets the same amplitude of CDs made by the 'big boys -' Red Book Spec.

I really want to share this tune with you wonderful folk. In audio format, just like the days of yore - when we plugged in our Koss headphones into a Teac reel-to-reel tape player/recorder, closed our eyes, and we became transported to that place of self-created imagery - just like reading the book, instead of seeing the film version...

Moderators? Can we do this? Wouldn't it be incredibly groovy? Yes, I believe it would - just like vinyl records are making a comeback. Digital is accurate, noise-free - but - the warmth of the vinyl record's sound is purely beautiful, especially when played on a high-end turntable like a Bang & Olufsen...

I mixdown through a stereo tube preamp, to emphasize the even-numbered harmonics present in the old school analog recordings.

Warmth. Imagination. Love. From Liz and I, to you. Not only does she run the lights for the live show, she sings with me on the background vocals - when I record my tunes. She's also my manager.

The late Linda McCartney would be proud.

With love -

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors