Not open for further replies.

LOveWerks

Music Poet; Prose Addict; Team Supporter; Vapester
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well, I got caught up on today's Corner Shindig. @Breazy_Com, your son is your son - you'll always love him. Just tell him that any addict that falls 'in love' with another addict of the opposite sex after only a few days, is delving into the bad, strange place called 'codependency.'

It's just like the 'buddy system,' when one person grabs a buddy, hauls @$$ to a recruiting office, and joins the Armed Forces. One will usually, invariably, go home - after figuring out that joining the military wasn't his/her cup o' tea. So, either your son - or his codependent partner - may end up back on the streets, doin' the 'Jones dance' - and, 'using' again.

From experience, I share this.

My son's an alcoholic just like his mother; he knows it, I know it, and it won't end until they both get tired of being 'sick and tired.'

Addiction is a ************. Our best to you and yours, @Breazy_Com.

@Whiskey, @pete67, @Markw4mms, @Kevin H., @Boattlebot (Frog - Buona Fortuna:stars:), @Vapin4Joy, @RatRacer, @always9988, @Jimi - you're all rays of sunshine in the AM (even when @Kevin H. writes, "Mondays suck!" Our best to your Dad, pal).

@Saddletramp1200 - look what you've done to 'Frog.' Enabler. :tantrum: I can hear Jerry Reed singing "Eastbound and down..." all the way to The Rockies.

Like you, he'll have a blast - as long as he avoids the 'Lot Lizards' - they can give 'gifts that keep on giving.':zombie:

Well, I've got to get some tools together, and with a little help - get this hitch and carrier installed on our humble Focus.

I wish I didn't have pain, orthotics... I wish I could get my head in the wind, on two wheels again - instead of riding a CanAm... :crazy:

Yet, I still need to be pinched. There's so much GOOD happening in my life. Whining is for... whiners.

LW & Liz :hug:

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well, I got caught up on today's Corner Shindig. @Breazy_Com, your son is your son - you'll always love him. Just tell him that any addict that falls 'in love' with another addict of the opposite sex after only a few days, is delving into the bad, strange place called 'codependency.'

It's just like the 'buddy system,' when one person grabs a buddy, hauls @$$ to a recruiting office, and joins the Armed Forces. One will usually, invariably, go home - after figuring out that joining the military wasn't his/her cup o' tea. So, either your son - or his codependent partner - may end up back on the streets, doin' the 'Jones dance' - and, 'using' again.

My son's an alcoholic just like his mother; he knows it, I know it, and it won't end until they both get tired of being 'sick and tired.'

@Whiskey, @pete67, @Markw4mms, @Kevin H., @Boattlebot (Frog - Buona Fortuna:stars:), @Vapin4Joy, @RatRacer, @always9988, @Jimi - you're all rays of sunshine in the AM (even when @Kevin H. writes, "Mondays suck!" Our best to your Dad, pal).

@Saddletramp1200 - look what you've done to 'Frog.' Enabler. :tantrum: I can hear Jerry Reed singing "Eastbound and down..." all the way to The Rockies.

Like you, he'll have a blast - as long as he avoids the 'Lot Lizards' - they can give 'gifts that keep on giving.':zombie:

Well, I've got to get some tools together, and with a little help - get this hitch and carrier installed on our humble Focus.

I wish I didn't have pain, orthotics... I wish I could get my head in the wind, on two wheels again - instead of riding a CanAm... :crazy:

Yet, I still need to be pinched. There's so much GOOD happening in my life. Whining is for... whiners.

Is it sad that I'm going to the Rockies next?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

And your posts are so interesting and enjoyable to read as well, and we would miss you both if you were not part of our little corner here, loved reading this post:)

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Time to log off, Have a great night Corner, Stay safe Frog<3
tumblr_ocks72vE9s1tlxbs9o1_500_zpseuvbwfx7.jpg

Boattlebot

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
It can be clean, when you get out of your servitude and possibly into the world of no touch reefer. ;)
Nope not happening. I've heard the horror stories of almost every single grocery. I do not want to deal with that day in day out. Besides, swift owns central reefer. I could pull reefer tomorrow if I got hit In the head and some more screws got loose

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nope not happening. I've heard the horror stories of almost every single grocery. I do not want to deal with that day in day out. Besides, swift owns central reefer. I could pull reefer tomorrow if I got hit In the head and some more screws got loose
Buddy, reefers carry other loads beside groceries!

pete67

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Good evening LW&Liz:wave: It is great to see you again. We hope you are doing well.

LOveWerks

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
"Ah, honey? Have I ever told you lately that I love you (insert Roy Orbison's lion growl from the song "Pretty Woman")?"

@OneBadWolf, wives are like one of @RatRacer's engines. They do need service on a regular basis; it may alleviate, for a brief time, your boredom.

Liz would have a fit if I shirked my duties. Endorphins are a wondrous, beautiful thing.

Love is a part of my screen name, my life, and Liz's. Check out this adorable picture of Liz - with the dogs, and I - at our local dog park. This is one of the reasons why
I love my wife. :inlove:

cameringo_2016-09-07_102735.jpg

See what I mean? At our age, she's so adorable - still turning heads, and we're AARP members:bomb:. I'm one lucky fella :inlove:.

Last edited:

LOveWerks

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
cameringo_2016-09-07_102735.jpg

@OneBadWolf, this photo shows you why I'm never bored. Endorphins are a wondrous thing, even though I'm disabled, and we're both AARP members. :zombie:

Liz, with the puppies and I at the dog park.

This is why the prefix of my screen name is what it is. The little girl in Liz is what keeps me ALIVE.

Wake the wife, pal. Tell her that you love her more than yourself. Enjoy the effusion of endorphins. Hold her hand. Talk. Then -

Sleep the sleep of pure peace, made from love. Be happy, brother. :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors