Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
A tale of two computers.
In dec 07 I bought a toshiba amd powered laptop. Ran solid from dec to may. 07
Got a large windfall and built a top of the line evga intel gaming rig. In may of that following year. 08
The motherboard shit the bed about 5 years ago, evga replaced the mobo but not in that chipset.

The intel was cpus were stupid priced that fit in it and I did not have the money. So I was on the laptop since 2013.
That laptop ran harder, longer and through more than the intel cpu and mobo.

FUCK evga and intel both in the goat ass for their fuckery.

The r7 1700 and b350 is punching into the x99 i-7 6950 weight class.
I'm with you on AMD, I haven't made or bought a machine with a Intel CPU since the Pentium II.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm with you on AMD, I haven't made or bought a machine with a Intel CPU since the Pentium II.
intel chipsets have shit the bed enough I know of a couple of builders who refuse to put nvidia or intel int heir stuff.
I got tired of the over promises to justify the cost but they have never delivered.

As I said the 1700 in a cross fire set up over clocked was doing 4% better than the i7 6950. If you do not know what that chip it is the 1k intel fuck you in the x99 board.
The true OMFG was seeing the 1700 kicking the hell out of the i7-7700k that was overclocked to 5ghz. the 7700 is the kaby lake that was released not that long ago and was dropping 15%+ of it's frames.

Kevin H.

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine has the original motor mounts, not saying no, but unlikely, I would look to the strut tower bearing, mine was knocking at idle and would knock over bumps and definitely felt a vibration, but you never know. Jounce the corner of the supposedly bad strut, if it settles after 2 or three bounces it is good and also look for moisture on and around it, shock fluid.
Thanks buddy!.......Will do.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Good morning everyone:coffee::wave::coffee2:
Morning all :confused:. NEED :coffee2: !
Good morning Pete & Kev & Corner:wave:<3
tumblr_nwq0czxip31sijyd6o1_1280_zps9a82y9ra.jpg

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I almost lost body parts and my life this afternoon on the way to get mom her fire 8.
Said fuck it life is too fucking short to hold out and pulled the trigger.
1122 with 80 bucks in rebates and a 27" wide screen 2580x 1440 monitor. 190 bucks.
I could not wrangle the 1700x and water cooling with hdd and other stuff needed and the web cam for starter YT vids. If I start making money off my project then I can always upgrade.
I can run it from the notebook and use the fire for sneaky guerilla shopping vids.

Built it doing the 1700
on the asus b350 prime plus
16gig g. skill ripjaw 4 ddr4-3000 ram
xfx Rx 480 gtr oc clock newegg edition that is out of the box 1388mhz.
in a mastercase 5 cause expansion.
and a corsair rx550 power supply
Scan Disk 120g ssd.
Reusing my 750g samsung hdd.
with an acer monitor. I could have stayed with my 780p for now and done the 1700x and aio but needed the monitor more than a slight upgrade in cpu and cooling. I mean the monitor after all is said and done is 190 with 1440p resolution.
logitech c920 web cam for 1080p streaming.
Wow!! That sounds awesome! I Love the sound of that monitor! Acer is the shit when it comes to monitors. Mine is a 23" 1920x1080 with IP panel. Got it for 120 a year ago. Actual your whole setup sounds amazing... its really got fiance and I chomping at the bit to get ours upgraded. :xD:

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors