Become a Patron!

Whiskey's Corner has moved to another forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickajho

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I've got some (1mg). I usually forget that I have it. I can say that when I do remember to take it......It does help!

The suggested dosing is 0.3 to 0.5 mg. Dosing on this one has gotten kind of sloppy over the years, presumably because it's sold as a "supplement", but this is one of those situations where more isn't necessarily better.

Some people do get smacked upside the head drowsy the first night they take it, but then the second or third night... nothing. So they decide to double the dose and... It's not a sleeping pill. Doesn't work that way. It's a hormone - not a sedative - that impacts circadian rhythm and it takes time for you brain to adjust to an elevated level of the hormone.

My MD said 0.5 mg on a regular basis. And only for 60 days. Prolonged usage can go into overkill with a depressed mood state setting in and sleeping waaay too much. In your case, since it looks like insomnia, the extended release version is supposed to provide better results.

It worked for me to reset a bad case of insomnia but at the time no one told me to not take it for more than 60 days. That was a mistake. Into month four all I wanted to do was sleep. That's when I found out about the 60 day guideline. But hey, it's only a supplement so what can possibly be bad... :facepalm:

Kevin H.

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The suggested dosing is 0.3 to 0.5 mg. Dosing on this one has gotten kind of sloppy over the years, presumably because it's sold as a "supplement", but this is one of those situations where more isn't necessarily better.

Some people do get smacked upside the head drowsy the first night they take it, but then the second or third night... nothing. So they decide to double the dose and... It's not a sleeping pill. Doesn't work that way. It's a hormone - not a sedative - that impacts circadian rhythm and it takes time for you brain to adjust to an elevated level of the hormone.

My MD said 0.5 mg on a regular basis. And only for 60 days. Prolonged usage can go into overkill with a depressed mood state setting in and sleeping waaay too much. In your case, since it looks like insomnia, the extended release version is supposed to provide better results.

It worked for me to reset a bad case of insomnia but at the time no one told me to not take it for more than 60 days. That was a mistake. Into month four all I wanted to do was sleep. That's when I found out about the 60 day guideline. But hey, it's only a supplement so what can possibly be bad... :facepalm:
Thanks for the info!.......My friend in SC takes it (1mg) after her Dr. suggested it for her. I'm sure that she's been taking it longer than that. I'll have to ask her if she's still on it. As far as depressed mood goes as a side affect of prolonged use.......Well.....Not with her. As far as my current state of sleep issues, yeah......IDK? I think that my brain just can't "shut-down" enough to keep me sleeping the amount of time that I should be:wait:. I woke up in a panic, thinking it was 6:30am......and it was 5:30 :facepalm:.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think I missed this earlier.
Hopefully things will get better soon for you.
My shoulder is always available if you need it.

a%20shoulder%20to%20cry%20on.jpg
Nice, made me smile:hug:

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
His suffering has ended, Thank you both and everyone for the thoughts and prayers<3
I'm so sorry Whiskey. :sad:
May G-D smile upon and protect you and yours.

Let me come in where you are weeping, friend,
And let me take your hand.
I, who have known a sorrow such as yours,
Can understand.

Let me come in -- I would be very still
Beside you in your grief;
I would not bid you cease your weeping, friend,
Tears can bring relief.

Let me come in -- I would only breathe a prayer,
And hold your hand,
For I have known a sorrow such as yours,
And understand.

pete67

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Can understand.

Tears can bring relief.

And hold your hand,
And understand.
Good afternoon Vapin:coffee::wave: Very nice.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Can understand.

Tears can bring relief.

And hold your hand,
And understand.