Become a Patron!

Womper Woom Wejects

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pizza dude, everyone knows that's the right way to do it!:giggle::giggle::giggle:
proposal-pizza-girl.jpg
I like your style :pizza:

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Emily, Rixy, Congrats! An engagement ring and Chinese food. A perfect Friday night!

This move is making me all antsy. I can't order anything because I don't know where to ship it to. I can't be positive it will be accepted in the city before I get there, and if a next day delivery gets messed up to out here with the holiday right in the middle, I might never get it. I have an order shipping to my current address just passing through customs right now and seriously hoping it arrives Friday or Saturday.

And a Happy Thanksgiving eve to all.

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Emily, Rixy, Congrats! An engagement ring and Chinese food. A perfect Friday night!

This move is making me all antsy. I can't order anything because I don't know where to ship it to. I can't be positive it will be accepted in the city before I get there, and if a next day delivery gets messed up to out here with the holiday right in the middle, I might never get it. I have an order shipping to my current address just passing through customs right now and seriously hoping it arrives Friday or Saturday.

And a Happy Thanksgiving eve to all.
Fingers crossed it does, put a Minikin V2 on your Crimbo list when your settled ;)
And yeah I know it's a bit early for a Christmas hat but we are fully decked out here :confetti:

Now I feel meh again, time for some soup and a rest, geez, middle age has really set in.

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
hehehehehehe :zombie:
Hey guys!!! I'm going to be VERY busy today and gone to my son's for Thanksgiving tomorrow........so I won't be on much. So, HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all!!! Even you Rixy! You can celebrate with us Americans. :vino:
LOL, I will celebrate it, could do with it for sure......so Happy thanksgiving to y'all for tomorrow (I don't even know what it is omg) Better do a google search hey, see what y'all get up too.
I'm guessing lots of food is involved so that's right up my alley, lovely jubbly.

I've cooked every Holiday meal for my family for the last 16 years. It would be nice to get a break. Hope you enjoy yours!
Welcome !.....yup you deserve someone to cook for you this year :)

Ow it's like a Sunday dinner with a big bird lol, why have I never celebrated this before, thanks folks lol

Last edited:

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Little story to amuse y'all.

So, Emily is always falling asleep when we watch a film, it's really annoying, which is why she hasn't seen many films I think..

We were watching Castaway with Tom Hanks and she fell asleep (again), while she was asleep I swapped out the film for another one with the same actor and put Splash on and woke her up.

You should of seen the confusion on her face after watching it for 10 minutes, classic :teehee:

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

So, Emily is always falling asleep when we watch a film, it's really annoying, which is why she hasn't seen many films I think..

We were watching Castaway with Tom Hanks and she fell asleep (again), while she was asleep I swapped out the film for another one with the same actor and put Splash on and woke her up.

You should of seen the confusion on her face after watching it for 10 minutes, classic :teehee:
Has anyone ever told you that you are evil?:devil:

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
LOL, I will celebrate it, could do with it for sure......so Happy thanksgiving to y'all for tomorrow (I don't even know what it is omg) Better do a google search hey, see what y'all get up too.
I'm guessing lots of food is involved so that's right up my alley, lovely jubbly.

Thanksgiving is celebrating the fall harvest and kicking the Brits asses out so we didn't have to share the turkey.:giggle::devil:

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've cooked every Holiday meal for my family for the last 16 years. It would be nice to get a break. Hope you enjoy yours!
Hiya Neb...........welcome........or welcome back! I always cooked every year too, for 24 years and absolutely loved it! Now something called a daughter in law has taken over. :rolleyes: :giggle: The real issue is.......she and my son go to her Aunt's house in Austin for their T-giving, then we do a lil something here for me and invite his dad, aunt, and cousin. but I don't get to do this one my way, even though it's for me. I do get to cook a small turkey tomorrow though, so had my son pick up the stuff I use to do that. If I have a box of cornbread mix, I will make a small pan of stuffing also. Already made more smashed taters for my meal tonite, so just made extra for tomorrow.

Ow it's like a Sunday dinner with a big bird lol, why have I never celebrated this before, thanks folks lol
roflmao!!! Have you seriously never heard of Thanksgiving? Feel like yur yankin on my leg.......stop that! Jup, Drac covered it.......my people fed the pilgrims, kept em from starving, and they nearly wiped us all out for it! Then their friends came, and did their damnedest to decimate our culture. But......we get to set aside a day to be grateful for the many blessings we have. :)

Glad you seem to be feelin better (if still a bit on the weak side). And congrats on the engagement!!!!!!! :inlove: I had a quote of that first, but maybe it got stuck at the bottom. This software doesn't put quotes in the order that you quote them.

You should of seen the confusion on her face after watching it for 10 minutes, classic
omggggggggggg that's hilarious!!! Especially since Tom got about 20 years younger huh!! Oh and jup, have seen those dolphin tanks! That's great!

Hey NY is a four season state also. We wouldn't be without four seasons.
We have;
Almost Winter
Winter
Still Winter
And road construction.
lol love that! We don't have a season of road construction here, it just starts and never ends. 6 years later they finish one part and move on to another part of I-35

Can't wait to hear about her revenge.
Newp.........with the engagement............all sins shall be forgiven!

((((((Eskie)))))) when will you actually be in the new place? I know you'll most likely wanna take advantage of black friday sales. Can you rent a PO Box for a month, or have them delivered to a neighbor??

Hope everyone here has a lovely and blessed Thanksgiving!

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
omggggggggggg that's hilarious!!! Especially since Tom got about 20 years younger huh!! Oh and jup, have seen those dolphin tanks! That's great!

Hope everyone here has a lovely and blessed Thanksgiving!

Morning Y'all and happy Thanksgiving and it's also Black Friday woohoo. Off to buy the food, gotta have some pigs in blankets too, do you call them that in America ?

Well I told Emily the film had gone back in time, she just didn't know what was going on at all, you could see her trying to make sense of it LOL

Can't wait to hear about her revenge.
o_O

Thanksgiving is celebrating the fall harvest and kicking the Brits asses out so we didn't have to share the turkey.:giggle::devil:
ha, I'll get my own then :p

That give me an idea for me and Mikey's new outfits

You probably have never celebrated it because it was started by a bunch of pilgrims who escaped the tyranny of Europe and the local indians taught them how to celebrate that kinda stuff. so we ate and ate, then killed everybody because our pants didn't fit no more. :devil:
I think we must of been jealous then and took that celebration to the extreme and decided to do it every Sunday if I'm honest, you know what I mean about those Sunday Lunches :eek:

We really do have Thanksgiving every single week, really, our Christmas dinner isn't much different either, we might have two meats instead of one and some pigs in blankets but apart from that and a Christmas hat and table cloth, we do it all year round.

Last edited:

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
gotta have some pigs in blankets too, do you call them that in America ?
Jup........anything from hot dogs, to cocktail weenies, to sausages rolled up in biscuit dough (not cookies) and baked.

That give me an idea for me and Mikey's new outfits
that's wayyyyyyyyy too creepy lol

We really do have Thanksgiving every single week, really, our Christmas dinner isn't much different either, we might have two meats instead of one and some pigs in blankets but apart from that and a Christmas hat and table cloth, we do it all year round.
That was a big thing in the South too that folks would do every Sunday. Some folks up north, but seems like it was mostly Italians that do it. But it's not quite as prevalent as it used to be with families spread out the way they are and everyone so busy.

Mornin sweetcheeks!

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That was a big thing in the South too that folks would do every Sunday. Some folks up north, but seems like it was mostly Italians that do it. But it's not quite as prevalent as it used to be with families spread out the way they are and everyone so busy.

Mornin sweetcheeks!

Morning x, yeah Sunday's here aren't the same as they used to be, shops used to shut and everyone would go to church and then come back for a Sunday dinner.

That was replaced with the men going to the pub while the wife cooks them a big dinner, ya know, that man had been at work all week and that was his time.

Now both men and woman work (woman have careers too) but we have still kept the Sunday dinner thang, mostly cooked by both of us now, that Sunday pub thing has more or less gone, unless it's the whole family going out for lunch.

Routine is a stranger thing x

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
that man had been at work all week and that was his time.
and the wife hadn't lifted a finger all week. Men crack me up. Sometimes I give them a crack or two also, like when they say stuff like that! lol I know you weren't saying it though. :hug:

My ex used to come home from work and sit on his butt. I'd come home from work and sit down long enough to pee and that was about it! After complaining about this a few times, I decided to stop doing anything other than cooking, and dishes, and washing my clothes. Still took him a few weeks, but he finally got the point. :rolleyes:

SirKadly

Squonk 'em if you got 'em
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If I have a box of cornbread mix, I will make a small pan of stuffing also.
OK, gonna have to teach you something here. Because this is such a big deal in my family. You are not making a pan of stuffing!!! That's not stuffing, that's dressing, even if the ingredients are the same. You aren't allowed to call it stuffing unless it's cooked in the bird.:p

Yeah, I was corrected on that by my grandma and aunt many times when I was young. They were really particular about that.

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
OK, gonna have to teach you something here. Because this is such a big deal in my family. You are not making a pan of stuffing!!! That's not stuffing, that's dressing, even if the ingredients are the same. You aren't allowed to call it stuffing unless it's cooked in the bird.
Yeah, I was corrected on that by my grandma and aunt many times when I was young. They were really particular about that.

lmao.........sorry darlin..........in the south it's stuffin no matter what!

Mornin to you, and lynn!

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
and the wife hadn't lifted a finger all week. Men crack me up. Sometimes I give them a crack or two also, like when they say stuff like that! lol I know you weren't saying it though. :hug:

My ex used to come home from work and sit on his butt. I'd come home from work and sit down long enough to pee and that was about it! After complaining about this a few times, I decided to stop doing anything other than cooking, and dishes, and washing my clothes. Still took him a few weeks, but he finally got the point. :rolleyes:
Oh I agree, I always help Emmy with all the housework, I can use the washing machine, Iron and cook, men that can't cook really should be ashamed of themselves in my book., that's how I was bought up and I bring my sons up the same, all of them have chores, it's good for them in later life and also good for their partner lol

Good afternoon Rixy :)

Good morning wompers :)

Happy Thanksgiving all!!
Yay, afternoon Lynn, Happy Thanksgiving, it's so weird celebrating it here, I know exactly what our children will say when they get home, huh ??? It's not Sunday haha. I bought some nice thin butchers sausage and some nice thick streaky bacon, wrapped them up with a little egg wash. I'm stuffing and cooking the chicken (turkey is being saved for Christmas day) and Emmy is doing the veg n gravy.

Emily wondered, do you receive gifts? That's her way of getting something I think haha.

Good morning to all! And Happy Thanksgiving!

Let's give thanks for the millions of turkeys that agreed to be frozen for our enjoyment. May their wings not get too crispy.

All hail the Turkey's !

:teehee:
:teehee:

@Lannie, what are you having sweetie ? (thinking of you)

lmao.........sorry darlin..........in the south it's stuffin no matter what!

Mornin to you, and lynn!

Same but I can see Kads point, if it ain't being stuffed into something then it ain't stuffing, although a dressing here is something you pour over salad :p

Last edited:

Debadoo

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
that's how I was bought up and I bring my sons up the same, all of them have chores, it's good for them in later life and also good for their partner lol
Jup. And I know you always help with or do the housework. Totally respect you for that. I did my son the same way. Told him I didn't want to feel like he had to get married just he wouldn't starve and he'd have clean clothes!

Emily wondered, do you receive gifts? That's her way of getting something I think haha.
lmao.......newp. Not til Christmas. A very happy first Thanksgiving to all y'all!

TrollDragon

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@Rixsta old chap, long time no viddy droog.

I have a LUX box inbound, I'm late to the party as always...
A question good sir, have you put the 1.2 Firmware update on yours? Or do you still use it?
There was a report of the battery gauge not working properly after the 1.2 update, so I was just curious...

Cheers!

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Rixsta old chap, long time no viddy droog.

I have a LUX box inbound, I'm late to the party as always...
A question good sir, have you put the 1.2 Firmware update on yours? Or do you still use it?
There was a report of the battery gauge not working properly after the 1.2 update, so I was just curious...

Cheers!
WOW, soooooooo good to see you here my friend, unfortunately I don't have the Lux anymore, I very rarely vape over 65 70w these days so I had no need for it...
Sorry I couldn't help but Happy Thanksgiving and it really is so nice to see you :cheers:

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I think we must of been jealous then and took that celebration to the extreme and decided to do it every Sunday if I'm honest, you know what I mean about those Sunday Lunches :eek:
My first father-in-law told me they ate so well on Sunday because the outrageous price of a roast only allowed them to eat so well one day out of the week, and Sunday was the day they could lie back afterward and take time to digest. The rest of the week was merely simple dinners, consumed quickly, then get on with your chores. I had a few of those weekday dinners at their house and, to me, even those were far more than I would have eaten back at my own place.

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My first father-in-law told me they ate so well on Sunday because the outrageous price of a roast only allowed them to eat so well one day out of the week, and Sunday was the day they could lie back afterward and take time to digest. The rest of the week was merely simple dinners, consumed quickly, then get on with your chores. I had a few of those weekday dinners at their house and, to me, even those were far more than I would have eaten back at my own place.
You have a very good point there and I remember a similar story my Nan told me (shes still alive at 96). The tradition must of carried on because that certainly isn't the case now, looks like we stuff ourselves all week and even more so on a Sunday.

I have really cut down, lost almost 14Ib (some due to being ill) and I want to carry on so I have cut my portions in half except for a Sunday, I love my Sunday roast and I'm not giving that up. It's true what they say, these diets are something that was made up to make money, none of these diets work, it's all to do with the quantity you consume. Happy TG

Draconigena

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The tradition must of carried on because that certainly isn't the case now, looks like we stuff ourselves all week and even more so on a Sunday.
Imagine yourself as someone with very little money and you'll soon see why the roast was only on Sunday and the rest of the week was fish and chips or bangers and mash.
none of these diets work, it's all to do with the quantity you consume
Instead of just counting calories, try counting the bad carbohydrates... stay away from an excess of potatoes (mash, chips, crisps) and all sugary things, and get your carbs via green veggies. Your body will process better and not store the excess in fat cells.

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Imagine yourself as someone with very little money and you'll soon see why the roast was only on Sunday and the rest of the week was fish and chips or bangers and mash.
Sunday was our meat day. We would kill a chicken and have a feast surrounding it.

Hate chicken now can still smell them when plucking and such....

Strange thing about chickens. You can chop off their heads or wring their necks and they still flop around for 15 min or so.
Shoot one in the chest with a .22 short and they just fall over dead.

Neighbors had free range chickens that moved onto my place and were digging up flower beds and such. He did not seem to want em back so I shot em.

Eskie

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Sunday was our meat day. We would kill a chicken and have a feast surrounding it.

Err, if you went to the trouble of killing the chicken, why not just cook that instead of setting your feast up all around a dead bird?:D

And I'm stuffed. So nice that someone else handled the turkey this years, although I did get the grumbles of where's my turkey. They'll have to wait until next year. Rixy, congrats, maybe, on losing the weight? Not a fun way to do it. :sad:

My daughter threw a little dinner for her fellow classmates, as everyone is finishing up their final presentation for next week's judging. No one in her program ever gets to spend Thanksgiving with their families ever again until after graduation. Then, after the endless 20 hour days, passing out in the bathroom if you sit too long, and dozens of Exacto knife injuries, you finally get to present your model and plans to the judges, who then spend a half hour or more criticizing your designs. :slowclap:

Hey, she chose her profession, not me.

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks everyone, we had a really great day, I know it's not meant to be our celebration but it was nice anyways, we all enjoyed our food and so did y'all by the sounds of it.

Tornado RDTA, I forgot what a special tank this is, wow, also forgot you wick it like the moonshot, where you put the chamber down over the wicks and then cut them flush and tuck them in, works perfect, I raved about this tank, then it was stolen and then I got another one and was used by (x) and then forgotten.

I might even post a few pics and considering it was back in April, it still beats soooooo many tanks that are around today.

Bedtime and sign......My new TV didn't turn up as they tried to phone yesterday but they had gotten the number wrong and wouldn't deliver it without speaking to me first, glad I phoned up, it's coming tomorrow. In a way it worked out for the best after all that cooking and a few drinks, I doubt it would of got setup today anyways

Everyone enjoy the rest of your evening (Emily says hello too)

VU Sponsors